Smaller Server

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

S1lver

Smaller Server

Post by S1lver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Make a smaller server(like half the size of GA) so that the whole server is built and will force people to fight/war. I don't know just a thought. I mean most of the servers only 1/4 of the cols r built. :D :D :D :D :D :shock:

S1lver

Re: Smaller Server

Post by S1lver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

lol for some reason it posted 5 times.

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't know if you remember but p6 and civil war died in a fire, I was gonna make a joke here but it might've got me banned so I elected not to.

Caia

Post by Caia » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:13 pm

Smaller servers have proven rather unpopular before. With the choice of playing a larger server or a smaller one, people seem to pick the larger ones -- even if there is lots of empty space. The solution isn't making smaller servers, its making a game that is more fun to play than its current incarnation.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm

I like servers around the size of boundless. Not too big nor too small.. Love the map there.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Nobody is saying P6 or Civil, think P3......spiral map. Well placed blackholes, anywhere you wanted to go was less then 30 hops and plenty of dead end arms. NO MODS AND NO FOG OF WAR.

Remember P3 was the most active before it got deleted, always wars going on there. Don't do 10k pop cols, they are stupid and are all 10/120's. No noob can do well with colony settings like that. Bang the server with EXPERT settings, not like GA with easy setting.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:15 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:Nobody is saying P6 or Civil, think P3......spiral map. Well placed blackholes, anywhere you wanted to go was less then 30 hops and plenty of dead end arms. NO MODS AND NO FOG OF WAR.

Remember P3 was the most active before it got deleted, always wars going on there. Don't do 10k pop cols, they are stupid and are all 10/120's. No noob can do well with colony settings like that. Bang the server with EXPERT settings, not like GA with easy setting.
Piece of logic right here.