VOTE FOR NEW YEAR!

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

VOTE FOR HC AND 11th TO GO FOR THE NEW YEAR!!!

Yes, Delete Hercules Cluster For The New Year!
13%
Yes, Delete 11th For The New Year!
3%
Yes, Delete Them Both For The New Year!
70%
No, Keep them both even tho token sales are down massivly and they lack players! :(
13%

Total votes: 30

Jedi

VOTE FOR NEW YEAR!

Post by Jedi » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:56 am

Due to the lack of income and lack of players playing on hercules cluster and 11th i propose that something is done, in order for toonces to do anything this needs to be tasken seriously then he will consider doing something about it. this is not about empires or stopping ppl getting top ten this is due to lack of sales and interest in the servers! appreciate any comments so long as there not hurtful!!!

Mel'Kaven

Re: VOTE FOR NEW YEAR!

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:34 am

I voted.

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:42 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:I voted.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:52 am

delete all but 3

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:04 am

stop with these useless polls. Biased opinions make for unintelligent information gathering.

one cannot accurately guess what the real activity of a server is unless they are looking at toonces monitor.

must be a coincidence that people who lost 1st place and are about to loose it suddently want the said server deleted.

(sorry if its "hurtful" but im sick of these plz delete this server because my opinion is so massively important threads, especially when there ones i play in question.

aaaaaaaaaaand finally, you dont even include the most dead servers in your selection...

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:22 am

LordSturm wrote:stop with these useless polls. Biased opinions make for unintelligent information gathering.

one cannot accurately guess what the real activity of a server is unless they are looking at toonces monitor.

must be a coincidence that people who lost 1st place and are about to loose it suddently want the said server deleted.

(sorry if its "hurtful" but im sick of these plz delete this server because my opinion is so massively important threads, especially when there ones i play in question.

aaaaaaaaaaand finally, you dont even include the most dead servers in your selection...
i haven't lost first i quit there and haven't ben on Sge i've ben doin rl life BBQ thank you (; and just because i said something doesn't mean i want to do it everyones making post hug it do what CC said delete all but 3

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:44 am

jamie, in one of your other threads you literally said "Biggi will catch me"

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:55 am

and i agree with checkov - with the most dead servers not even included in this poll, and the typical "leading" option at the bottom, this vote is shamelessly biased. As have been all the ones in the past month.

if people want servers deleted so bad, fine - let's just stop giving out cups. At this point, people know whether they play a dead server, and they can choose whether or not to play there. 2+ years ago when servers first started getting deleted people were supposed to be like "Golly gee, I'm not playing a competitive server? So they're gonna close it, but I'll get a nice cup and lots of tourneys to make my start on a more active server, cool!"

nowadays people choose to play the dead servers so they can dominate them and have large empires without much competition. this should not be rewarded. take RoP for example - when it was accidently rebanged, the same people came back and played... by themselves.. so it could get deleted and they could get cups again.

the rewards for server deletion - tokens and cups, were meant to help get players started on a more active server and give them some recognition for the abrupt and unusual end to their server, respectively. When we have people begging for their server to be deleted, I don't think that they need to be compensated for anything.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:18 am

for one the only reason i have mentioned 11th and hc is because those where the two most mentioned servers when I asked for peoples opinions online and every1 said mention 11th and hc they both r dead which every1 knows and if u deny it ur sad, because its blatently true.

i dont play hc and havent for a long time the server has no competition anymore im not doing this to stop any1 heck i couldnt care less about hc im ranked 6th but the only ppl u see playing are biggi checkov and exodus at mostly any given time of day.

i dont play 11th and never have i went on there and spoke with caine and he is not even in top 10 yet he believes its dead theres no1 playing its taking up room for nothing, i have spoke with at least 15 players minimum who have all mentioned 11th or hc and whhy the arguement?? because u guys play on one of the servers and dont want it to die?? :roll: get into a server that involves competition not just sitting there slapping Ursan blood-flies!

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:27 am

Saber-Fury wrote:and i agree with checkov - with the most dead servers not even included in this poll, and the typical "leading" option at the bottom, this vote is shamelessly biased. As have been all the ones in the past month.

if people want servers deleted so bad, fine - let's just stop giving out cups. At this point, people know whether they play a dead server, and they can choose whether or not to play there. 2+ years ago when servers first started getting deleted people were supposed to be like "Golly gee, I'm not playing a competitive server? So they're gonna close it, but I'll get a nice cup and lots of tourneys to make my start on a more active server, cool!"

nowadays people choose to play the dead servers so they can dominate them and have large empires without much competition. this should not be rewarded. take RoP for example - when it was accidently rebanged, the same people came back and played... by themselves.. so it could get deleted and they could get cups again.

the rewards for server deletion - tokens and cups, were meant to help get players started on a more active server and give them some recognition for the abrupt and unusual end to their server, respectively. When we have people begging for their server to be deleted, I don't think that they need to be compensated for anything.

guess who completely agrees? Me. Especially the last paragraph

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:30 am

Saber-Fury wrote:.
"nowadays people choose to play the dead servers so they can dominate them and have large empires without much competition. this should not be rewarded. take RoP for example - when it was accidently rebanged, the same people came back and played... by themselves.. so it could get deleted and they could get cups again.
BTW, this is an exact statement of what hercules cluster is, your first sentance here is true so dont reward them then, idc its dead it needs deleting before it gets so bad it grows mould :D :D

omlow

Post by omlow » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:43 am

so the solution is to delete them and not rebang them. and not bang new perms either, instead just modify existing ones.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:44 am

omlow wrote:so the solution is to delete them and not rebang them. and not bang new perms either, instead just modify existing ones.
Who said that?

EDIT: Posted same minute as you. So boss.

omlow

Post by omlow » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:51 am

me... too many perms, players spread too thin, less competition and less token buying (most likely). this is something that needs to be changed. cups/tokens for top 10 or nothing for top 10, servers need to go. and servers need to stop coming out.

IMO modify P1 to be less obsolete (ports specifically, more can be seen in the thread i made) and have boundless sea as a beta server. that's enough perms, kill everything else.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:55 am

omlow wrote:me... too many perms, players spread too thin, less competition and less token buying (most likely). this is something that needs to be changed. cups/tokens for top 10 or nothing for top 10, servers need to go. and servers need to stop coming out.

IMO modify P1 to be less obsolete (ports specifically, more can be seen in the thread i made) and have boundless sea as a beta server. that's enough perms, kill everything else.

But there are some ideas, aside from my own, that would make great permas.

You cannot supplement a boring SGE with boring changes. They dont spark activity, they simply allow for the change in activity IF it were to happen. We must electrify the community with new change to bring about a greater SGE. The Faction vs Faction 3 month game would be awesome. I can just picture the amazingness.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:30 pm

How about instead of deleting these systems, merge them all together instead to make them an uber mega galaxy? :wink:

Of course I have no idea if that's possible. So, whateve.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:20 am

well, keep dmj, FW, GA, blitz, boundless, and MAYBE one more

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:and i agree with checkov - with the most dead servers not even included in this poll, and the typical "leading" option at the bottom, this vote is shamelessly biased. As have been all the ones in the past month.

Agreed %100,

Seems like certain people want HC closed because they fear they will be passed in rankings. No reason to close a server just to appease one player. Now as far as the rest go, the three people that play HC hardly pay enough in tokens to make it worthwhile to keep the server going. Also the three had to know that HC was a dead server yet decided to stay there and grow the empire without any competition from others. I'm not saying delete the server just because it is inactive but if it has become a drag on the finances of PTT then it's time to let it go. On the permas that were deleted there were a lot more active players the currently playing HC. Also, no more free cups and tournies should be givin out anymore. Playing on a perma for 6 months hardly qualifies you for cup recognition. HC does have one unique feature, it was the first asteroid server.

As far as the 11'th goes, it is a ghost town. It was a sprawling server until TOR was created prematurely and it killed the 11'th before it's prime. I myself played 11'th quite successfully and as soon as a No-Mod, No-Asteroid perma was introduced I left the 11'th almost immediately to go play a server that was more competitive. No-Mods and No-Asteroids was enough of a decision to pack up and leave the 11'th leaving the empire to die. Definitely get rid of the 11'th.

Once again it is time to reunite the players on a mutual server, not keep it spread out as it has been for the last few years. Competition breeds war thus will bring tokens and activity to whatever server we all play on. GA is still going strong since it was created, a lot stronger then all the other servers banged since the mod patch was introduced.No mods and No asteroids are what the players want. Let this serve as a template for future decisions regarding new perma creation.

I like the $10 subscription idea but toonces will have to make it worth our whiles to have us participate in it. No warp fuel limit would be a great start along with some sort of recognition of supporting the game. Maybe throw in a few double dome credits a month. Good idea, needs to be worked on but could help out a lot improving gameplay.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:06 pm

I don't give a hug about rankings, I just want them deleted. About a year ago I started on HC, and now I am done there. I spent two weeks fighting randoms on 11th once before as well, so I consider myself decently informed on these servers. The simple fact is no one plays them besides those in the lead. It has been like that for a HELL of a long time, at least 6-7 months on HC (minus some random 1 week long mini wars), and 11th has been a joke for just as long. IDGAF what is done with rankings, but those servers (or any other dead ones, really) need to go.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Well as far as the servers in question go they should be deleted if they are a drag on PTT resources not for the reason of rankings. it doesn't look good when the #1 player on HC all of a sudden wants the server deleted because they are going to be passed up in rankings.

When the other permas got deleted nobody posted and specific servers to be deleted especially the players that held the top rankings on the server.

TBH the 3 players that play HC aren't causing any other servers to stagnate because they don't play them. the same is true of the 11'th. Only reason to get rid of them is to save PTT some money maintaining dead permas. Plus is would be unfair for a new player to start off on them only to be deleted.

Faint

Post by Faint » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:17 pm

Delete everything. bang 1 perma and toonces just hold your middle finger up at everyone who whines.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:50 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:Well as far as the servers in question go they should be deleted if they are a drag on PTT resources not for the reason of rankings. it doesn't look good when the #1 player on HC all of a sudden wants the server deleted because they are going to be passed up in rankings.
So i'm first on hc???? i dont think so the god damn servers r dead its that simple, get rid of them idc if i dnt receive anthing or if i do so stop assuming you know whats going on! :roll:

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:28 pm

You know what you do with a cancerous appendage. You remove it. In all fairness Hercules and 11th should have gone before P5. Like reverse the token gain from p5 and newbie perma and continue deleting the dead permas. Thats a compromise i believe.

They need to go. If its about the old series of perma deletion then you have have my acceptance. I deserved a trophy from old FW more than most of the people that got one. If its deemed by time played.

Stop bitching accept the future.

And deleted orions, TOR and DMJ.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:13 pm

well 11th actually has token sales now. so that won't be deleted for a bit :wink:

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:51 pm

awesomepebble wrote:well 11th actually has token sales now. so that won't be deleted for a bit :wink:
still the same noobs that play it tho. They have no competition cause its just plain boring on it.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 5:46 am

Keep P1, GA, and delete the rest.

Make sure to award cups and tokens to all server winners except on HC (JC and Ekoms don't seem to care for a reward)

DO IT TOONCES!

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:02 am

In the end a servers life span is always decided by participation and token sales. Players rarely determine the outcome. People with no stake will always want it to go, and those with Empires will most likely want it to stay. You can't please everyone, so the logical solution is to eliminate perms all together or keep them with a specific time frame.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:18 am

This thread clearly makes known the top two most wanted to go, and given enough time both will fall in token sales far enough to be deleted. It is only the same 4 people who play HC these days, nothing happens beyond eating up dead empires (again, being split between the same 4 people). Once there isn't anything left to invade activity will plummit again.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 am

Wow - How many threads like this have been posted over the years?

To be honest, as far as i am concerned, Toonces has a reason for deleting the servers he chooses to delete and keeping the ones he keeps - Surely that in its self should be enough for the community?

Personally, i quite enjoy the stagnant servers, gives me a chance to practice my invading and building without the fear of some majorly-active-super-corp coming and stamping me out because they bloody well feel like it (I'm also the first person to hand back capped colonies because well, i'm a builder, not an invader). It's nice to have a little peace and quiet at times.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:08 am

Apologies for the double post, but i did some digging in the Research Lab, second last page to be exact.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1420

This was posted in 2005.

The second post clearly states that there were only 3 Perma's at that time, yet still people were complaining - As you can see, this is an age old debate that the community has lost miserably - It's now 7 years on (I'm just being approximate here, so don't nit pick on the dates and stuff) and we're STILL complaining about it - Even the Pollution uproar died eventually - Perhaps it's time that we gave in?