WTF SOLAR RAPE

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

S1lver

WTF SOLAR RAPE

Post by S1lver » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:00 am

Y do 4 shots of solar do 2k shields thats dumb. DD's r uninvadable unless u have 10 ppl and then if u have 10 ppl the port gets rape so u need 1000000000000000000 credits.... can we do something to the solar to balances it out. i mean the last 1000 patchs have done nothin but help builders and building is the most boring part of this game... All im asking is can we atleast get 1 part of this game that is fun balanced?

BardockSGE

Re: WTF SOLAR RAPE

Post by BardockSGE » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:25 am

Nope.

PhAraOH

Post by PhAraOH » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:30 am

Please. Stop wining. Builders need some advantages for once, and I don't even think invading is that hard still. Learn to use plates or dodge the solar better.

omlow

Post by omlow » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:37 am

theres a difference between builders getting an advantage and invaders getting a disadvantage.

S1lver

Post by S1lver » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:43 am

PhAraOH wrote:Please. Stop wining. Builders need some advantages for once, and I don't even think invading is that hard still. Learn to use plates or dodge the solar better.
builders dont need BBQ... back in the day the cols where 1-3 shots and i think that servers where more built and had more ppl played back then. and now more then half the servers arnt built because all u need is like 75 cols and u get a mill followers, and that is also stupid how all cols can be bio lvl 3. and if you wont ppl to play the game it needs to be fun. no1 wonts to sit there for 6 hours building a col or taking 2 hours to invade a col. u need to make it fun not make it hard so the ppl that play right now own the servers forever. if you wont more ppl to play this game, u need to start more easier severs. that means starting ppl with alot of more so they can get it booming and u need to make it easier so ppl like pwnsauce on GA dont own a server and cant realy be knocked out of there hold on it. SO SHUT UR hugging MOUTH U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT.

S1lver

Post by S1lver » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:45 am

and its ppl like u that have made this game this way. back in the day it took skill to do everything. now its nothin but spamming nukes and building cols.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:47 am

silver might not be the most articulate spokesman for what he's saying but it's true. IMO, invading today still takes skill. Especially on no mod servers. It just requires so much more time. Taking a 10/120 ratmaze does take skill... but it alos takes time, effort, and planning that leaves you exhausted... all for one col. And specifically for GA.. which has an abundance of hard layouts compared to most other servers (interesting tidbit, it's true), building is much more beneficial than invading because all the cols are strong so most of the built, good layouts never get taken. That's okay if they're a rarity... but on GA there's like 2-3 insane layouts in every system, and another 2-3 very good ones. And on other servers with 'normal' amounts of hard layouts, people just go around and build the hard layouts, and leave 75% of the other planets unbuilt. Perhaps you should be able to set a system as your personal or corporate capital, where cols within a 10 hop radius would receive a morale bonus according to how close they were to the capital system, anything 10-15 hops out would receive no bonus, and anything 15-infinite hops out would receive a negative bonus, again depending on how far away it is.

Unfortunately every idea this year that's been supposed to balance invading and building hasn't really worked - it's just been shifted back and forth. So i don't really know what to say. Some of deuce's ideas seem good - making cols weaker but encouraging the construction of them with reduced cost for buildings, increased build speed, more weapons out, etc.

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:35 pm

/agree ( in part )

As a Builder its nice to be able to play a Perma where its not so easy for guys to invade.
Sometimes its nice to play a Perma where its easier to invade.
I honestly hope the game doesnt become " Simple" for a better word ...
In my honest opinion there needs to be varied Permas - which acommodates all Players requirements ( this shouldnt be rocket science ).
The " Expert " - A Perma where it IS difficult to actively invade - meaning Bonus Incentive for the Builders - and also a Challenge to the better skilled Invaders. ( No Mods or Port negs ) Old Solar Ore consuption and many " Hard Planet Layouts ".
The " Standard " - A Level based Perma - Basically with standard Building / Invading schematics - a " medium " Perma. ( with Port Negs and Mods - but Solar Ore consumption back to Old settings ) meaning higher Solar shots and slightly harder than the " Invader Friendly " Perma. ( not so many " Hard Planet layouts" ). ( Normal Invade Perma )
The " Easy " - An Invader friendly Perma, where the Invading is easier ( Port Negs and mods etc with current Solar Ore consumption) - where new Players can start and learnt the basics of Invading with ease.( Easy Invade Perma )

To be honest with just these 3 differences in Permas it should enable a Player to find the one thats right for his preferences .. only problem being is give it 6 months down the line - and everyone begins to moan about the " Expert " Perma having Corps with 3 million followers and having it too easy .. where do you draw the line ?.
Starport is and always has been about accumulating Population / followers and trying too keep them - take this out of the game and its " Goodbye Starport" - the final blow to the game. :(

But again - The game needs to sort out its glitches before anything like this should be even contemplated.

Tox

PhAraOH

Post by PhAraOH » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:21 pm

S1lver wrote:
PhAraOH wrote:Please. Stop wining. Builders need some advantages for once, and I don't even think invading is that hard still. Learn to use plates or dodge the solar better.
builders dont need BBQ... back in the day the cols where 1-3 shots and i think that servers where more built and had more ppl played back then. and now more then half the servers arnt built because all u need is like 75 cols and u get a mill followers, and that is also stupid how all cols can be bio lvl 3. and if you wont ppl to play the game it needs to be fun. no1 wonts to sit there for 6 hours building a col or taking 2 hours to invade a col. u need to make it fun not make it hard so the ppl that play right now own the servers forever. if you wont more ppl to play this game, u need to start more easier severs. that means starting ppl with alot of more so they can get it booming and u need to make it easier so ppl like pwnsauce on GA dont own a server and cant realy be knocked out of there hold on it. SO SHUT UR hugging MOUTH U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT.
Ok where to start. Whats your problem with bio lvl 3? And it doesnt take 6 hours to build if your rushing, and if your not then who says you have to sit there and watch the col while it builds? And assuming your a good invade, if it takes you 2 hours to invade a colony, its probably worth it. If you dont like the game dont play the game. My point is, solars are good the wayy they are.

S1lver

Post by S1lver » Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:37 pm

PhAraOH wrote:
S1lver wrote:
Ok where to start. Whats your problem with bio lvl 3? And it doesnt take 6 hours to build if your rushing, and if your not then who says you have to sit there and watch the col while it builds? And assuming your a good invade, if it takes you 2 hours to invade a colony, its probably worth it. If you dont like the game dont play the game. My point is, solars are good the wayy they are.
lets c the problem with bio lvl 3 is all ppl r building now is rockies and they stable out to 8k pop and dont ever die with a 10-120. and if u dome a rockie right with how the solars r now u cant invade it. u will die like 30 times just for 1 col. You should not beable to own 100 cols and have a mill followers. its not right, u should work for the right to have those cols not, just because u built them u should keep them forever. and only a noob who probley never invades would say the solars r good where they r. im guessing uve played then game less then a year and u have no idea what this game was like. right now starport is a shitty verison of what is was. All u get are noob builders like u that think invading is hard for them so lets just build and say invaders have it easier. Back in the day u would here about war on every server now ur lucky if u c someone invade u. THIS GAME IS NOTHIN BUT A BOUNCH OF PUSS!ES THAT DONT WANNA WORK TO KEEP THE STUFF THEY BUILT. But its okay less and less ppl play this game because theres barly any skill to it, so i guess soon there only be like 5 ppl who play this game because its no fun and builder noobs who dont even know how to play the game own the servers. and now u cant even knock ppl out of beening on top so really there is no reason to play anymore... just something to pass the time tell school starts.

PhAraOH

Post by PhAraOH » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:55 pm

[/quote]builders dont need BBQ... back in the day the cols where 1-3 shots and i think that servers where more built and had more ppl played back then. and now more then half the servers arnt built because all u need is like 75 cols and u get a mill followers, and that is also stupid how all cols can be bio lvl 3. and if you wont ppl to play the game it needs to be fun. no1 wonts to sit there for 6 hours building a col or taking 2 hours to invade a col. u need to make it fun not make it hard so the ppl that play right now own the servers forever. if you wont more ppl to play this game, u need to start more easier severs. that means starting ppl with alot of more so they can get it booming and u need to make it easier so ppl like pwnsauce on GA dont own a server and cant realy be knocked out of there hold on it. SO SHUT UR hugging MOUTH U HAVE NO IDEA WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT.[/quote]

Ok where to start. Whats your problem with bio lvl 3? And it doesnt take 6 hours to build if your rushing, and if your not then who says you have to sit there and watch the col while it builds? And assuming your a good invade, if it takes you 2 hours to invade a colony, its probably worth it. If you dont like the game dont play the game. My point is, solars are good the wayy they are.[/quote]
lets c the problem with bio lvl 3 is all ppl r building now is rockies and they stable out to 8k pop and dont ever die with a 10-120. and if u dome a rockie right with how the solars r now u cant invade it. u will die like 30 times just for 1 col. You should not beable to own 100 cols and have a mill followers. its not right, u should work for the right to have those cols not, just because u built them u should keep them forever. and only a noob who probley never invades would say the solars r good where they r. im guessing uve played then game less then a year and u have no idea what this game was like. right now starport is a shitty verison of what is was. All u get are noob builders like u that think invading is hard for them so lets just build and say invaders have it easier. Back in the day u would here about war on every server now ur lucky if u c someone invade u. THIS GAME IS NOTHIN BUT A BOUNCH OF PUSS!ES THAT DONT WANNA WORK TO KEEP THE STUFF THEY BUILT. But its okay less and less ppl play this game because theres barly any skill to it, so i guess soon there only be like 5 ppl who play this game because its no fun and builder noobs who dont even know how to play the game own the servers. and now u cant even knock ppl out of beening on top so really there is no reason to play anymore... just something to pass the time tell school starts.[/quote]

Anycolony can be taken with enough time. I'm guessing you just suck at invading. And death is a part of invading. get used to it. And i dont see the problem with building your way to 1mil follower? really? I've also never said that invading was hard. Personally i think it could be harder to invade some of these 10/120 layouts. I've also been playing for 4 or 5 years, and while some of the old featers would be really cool to add back to the game some of the newer featuers are good too. Again, solars are good the way they are.[quote][/quote]

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:07 am

Pharoah you obviously do not understand. Buliders have it way too easy. Build 100 rockies and you have a million followers. The point is that now the solars are cranked up on a 10/120 col along with the shield prices being nerfed makes the game suck. If you are lucky you can afford to invade 2 colonies in a system cause the port gets raped so fast. That is not fun and quite honestly a waste of time.

We have invaded 10k plus cols at least through the years, trust me we know how to invade effectively. Toonces had the game going in the right direction with the ore patch....crappy earths, oceans, greens all went back to 2-3 shot solars like they used to be. This opened up the game to new players, they had cols to invade that weren't that hard to do and they could learn. And the invaders were able to have fun again...invading colonies that are all 10/120's suck period. After ore patch there were plenty of 10/120 rockies, they weren't affected.

Enter the solar patch, now when you invade a crappy 3-4 shot col you get raped by the solar so bad that you waste 30 million to shields just to invade a few colonies. THIS IS NOT FUN, the work/reward is not there anymore. Now if you wanna invade a 10/120 rocky you know need 4 people to invade one colony. This would be fine if we had a few thousand people playing the game but in reality we have about 20 total on GA that play actively.

The solar patch needs to be deleted, it was a mistake and is hurting the game. Stop catering the game to builders....there is plenty of stuff built, we need to start invading it not have more planets built.

Also get rid of this stupid 100k exp cap, perfect example of whats wrong with it. GA has pwnsauce, all exp whores....with the 100k patch you have just givin them the server. Nobody will EVER be able to catch them.....this is supposed to be fun? If anything keep the 100k cap on invading but for gods sake if we kill someone with 100 million exp stop robbing us with a little reward of 25 mil exp. It is a kick in the face when you blow up a high exp player and get NOTHING for it.

GA is a server where the best of the best play, please don't continue to neuter us anymore. It's a great server...if the babies of starport can't handle it on GA then they have all the rest of the servers to build on.

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:35 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:Pharoah you obviously do not understand. Buliders have it way too easy. Build 100 rockies and you have a million followers. The point is that now the solars are cranked up on a 10/120 col along with the shield prices being nerfed makes the game suck. If you are lucky you can afford to invade 2 colonies in a system cause the port gets raped so fast. That is not fun and quite honestly a waste of time.

We have invaded 10k plus cols at least through the years, trust me we know how to invade effectively. Toonces had the game going in the right direction with the ore patch....crappy earths, oceans, greens all went back to 2-3 shot solars like they used to be. This opened up the game to new players, they had cols to invade that weren't that hard to do and they could learn. And the invaders were able to have fun again...invading colonies that are all 10/120's suck period. After ore patch there were plenty of 10/120 rockies, they weren't affected.

Enter the solar patch, now when you invade a crappy 3-4 shot col you get raped by the solar so bad that you waste 30 million to shields just to invade a few colonies. THIS IS NOT FUN, the work/reward is not there anymore. Now if you wanna invade a 10/120 rocky you know need 4 people to invade one colony. This would be fine if we had a few thousand people playing the game but in reality we have about 20 total on GA that play actively.

The solar patch needs to be deleted, it was a mistake and is hurting the game. Stop catering the game to builders....there is plenty of stuff built, we need to start invading it not have more planets built.

Also get rid of this stupid 100k exp cap, perfect example of whats wrong with it. GA has pwnsauce, all exp whores....with the 100k patch you have just givin them the server. Nobody will EVER be able to catch them.....this is supposed to be fun? If anything keep the 100k cap on invading but for gods sake if we kill someone with 100 million exp stop robbing us with a little reward of 25 mil exp. It is a kick in the face when you blow up a high exp player and get NOTHING for it.

GA is a server where the best of the best play, please don't continue to neuter us anymore. It's a great server...if the babies of starport can't handle it on GA then they have all the rest of the servers to build on.
Agree with most of this.

Problem seems worse on other servers since there's less people playing. And in all fairness if its 1-2 people invading, even with mods, your ships still paper.

I'd like to add to what Deathstar said simply by saying that players are now sacrificing they're ship control to take damage. I think that even with the best skills, when your ship doesn't turn or thrust, it affects your game play.

So for know i'd rather build than invade. There is more to gain from building than there is from invading. I enjoy watching my followers and experience grow more than banging my head against a wall. The game sadly feels more korean now :*(

inevamis

Post by inevamis » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:34 pm

For all that is good and holy on the world!!!! Toonces give the vets an old p4 to p5 age server! Noob builders can play the current style servers and bore themselves to death. I don't see why invading has to be boring to help building (which is boring). So now what you have is boring to go with boring. Games are supposed to be fun! How bout instead of making invading boring you make it fun again and then make building more fun by making it easier (less resource hauling and less time).