Does Anyone Remember..

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

RiveraK2

Does Anyone Remember..

Post by RiveraK2 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Does anyone remember WAY back ( I think back in 2004/2005 ) when one of the members of an original big corp got pissed,
and revealed the corp's password to the entire server?

Everyone was going wild joining the corp, and raping credits from their hundreds of colonies. The member coined it as a
"Public Empire" because he was pissed about something.

If anyone remembers; can you tell me the corp and server it was?

Thanks,
RK2

Faint

Re: Does Anyone Remember..

Post by Faint » Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:47 am

that kinda of stuff just proves what unloyal crappy players play sge..not really something we all like to remember or think of. Try posting a topic that is actually worth looking at sometime.

RiveraK2

Post by RiveraK2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Faint wrote:that kinda of stuff just proves what unloyal crappy players play sge..not really something we all like to remember or think of. Try posting a topic that is actually worth looking at sometime.
First of all you flaming piece of BBQ; if you can't answer my question then don't post!
Secondly, you were probably still a sperm when this happened so don't put your two
cents into something that you never witnessed. This player was not un-loyal, just
pissed because his corpmates were inactive.

Lastly, you insignificant shaft sucking flea bag, that kind of thing doesn't make the
game worse moron! Things like that make the game better because it lets other corps
have a chance instead of a one corp monopoly. I'm tired of you punks who whine and
say "Toonces and his crew are killing the game". I've been hearing that FOR YEARS,
and Starport is still around!

Now, can anyone please give me an educated reply?

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:41 pm

I'll gladly give you an educated reply.
RiveraK2 wrote:Secondly, you were probably still a sperm when this happened so don't put your two
cents into something that you never witnessed
RiveraK2 Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:31 pm
Faint wrote:Faint Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:24 pm
While faint may not be the most.. eloquent.. writer on these forums, I have to agree with the essence of his reply. That sort of thing happens so often, nobody really remembers it. You said "Someone from a major corp" - does that mean a well-known player (not to the server, to the sge forum community - people will remember sharks in the sea not fish in a pond) from a well-known corp (one of the corps of lore)? Or was this person only locally important? If it's the latter, I doubt anyone on the forums will remember something as obscure as this. And I have to think that if it was a well-known player that did this a long time ago, when history was better documented and glorified, wouldn't there be some sort of great story about it?

RiveraK2

Post by RiveraK2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:27 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:I'll gladly give you an educated reply.
RiveraK2 wrote:Secondly, you were probably still a sperm when this happened so don't put your two
cents into something that you never witnessed
RiveraK2 Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:31 pm
Faint wrote:Faint Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:24 pm
While faint may not be the most.. eloquent.. writer on these forums, I have to agree with the essence of his reply. That sort of thing happens so often, nobody really remembers it. You said "Someone from a major corp" - does that mean a well-known player (not to the server, to the sge forum community - people will remember sharks in the sea not fish in a pond) from a well-known corp (one of the corps of lore)? Or was this person only locally important? If it's the latter, I doubt anyone on the forums will remember something as obscure as this. And I have to think that if it was a well-known player that did this a long time ago, when history was better documented and glorified, wouldn't there be some sort of great story about it?
Another flaming BBQ reply. Saber, don't try to get over me by comparing when Faint and I joined the forum.
I've been playing since 2004, so don't play that card on me you piece of BBQ. Did I mention that I also cannot
stand punks whose sole purpose is to prove others wrong on this forum. Sound familiar? Oh yeah, I'm talking
about you MORON!

My query doesn't require a specific answer. If any answer fits my criteria, then reply. Sheesh,
people in this world need to stop pretending to be intellectual when they're really not.
Damn Liberals!

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Considering you told Faint that he was "still a sperm" when this thing happened, I think showing that he was, indeed, around that long ago, is very relevant... But since you have shown you have no intention of being able to respond to well thought out points I guess what should I expect?

I'm not here to prove people wrong on the forums; (If you really want, I'm sure we could get Madace to dissect you even more lol) you dug yourself into a hole and I filled it with dirt. you are one of the most noobish and childlike older players that I have seen, just based on your indignant attitude and misinformed posts.

If you look at the end of my post I tried to help you narrow your search, so piss off - you're mad that you're not getting a quick answer about an obscure event, and that you've been made to look a bit silly because you said some foolish things. chill.

RiveraK2

Post by RiveraK2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:Considering you told Faint that he was "still a sperm" when this thing happened, I think showing that he was, indeed, around that long ago, is very relevant... But since you have shown you have no intention of being able to respond to well thought out points I guess what should I expect?

I'm not here to prove people wrong on the forums; (If you really want, I'm sure we could get Madace to dissect you even more lol) you dug yourself into a hole and I filled it with dirt. you are one of the most noobish and childlike older players that I have seen, just based on your indignant attitude and misinformed posts.

If you look at the end of my post I tried to help you narrow your search, so piss off - you're mad that you're not getting a quick answer about an obscure event, and that you've been made to look a bit silly because you said some foolish things. chill.
Saber,

Pointing out that Faint joined the forum before me was a direct attempt at making me look foolish, and I don't appreciate that. How is my post
misinformed you trolling fragment of toilet paper? Just because I said Faint was a sperm? I'm not mad at anyone except for your flaming piece of
donkey poo! Why don't you try answering my question instead of attempting to get over me through debating? According to you, what I described
in my initial post has happened in the past. Perhaps you should recall all those instances of empires becoming public and post them. That way,
you won't waste my time with your wanna be intellectual rhetoric. If I'm one of the most noobish/childlike players you've ever seen, then you're
the most whining little heb malaka in all of Starport.

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Aww poor RiveraK2 :lol:

RiveraK2

Post by RiveraK2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:47 pm

FortyTwoAxes wrote:Aww poor RiveraK2 :lol:
What are you laughing at, monkey?

mArImBa

Post by mArImBa » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:09 pm

BR and corp was Empire if I remember right.

Faint

Post by Faint » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:23 pm

URRETARDMADBRO?

RiveraK2

Post by RiveraK2 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:28 pm

mArImBa wrote:BR and corp was Empire if I remember right.
That sounds about right, thanks!

Voltage

Post by Voltage » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:52 pm

RiveraK2 wrote:
Faint wrote:that kinda of stuff just proves what unloyal crappy players play sge..not really something we all like to remember or think of. Try posting a topic that is actually worth looking at sometime.
First of all you flaming piece of BBQ; if you can't answer my question then don't post!
Secondly, you were probably still a sperm when this happened so don't put your two
cents into something that you never witnessed. This player was not un-loyal, just
pissed because his corpmates were inactive.

Lastly, you insignificant shaft sucking flea bag, that kind of thing doesn't make the
game worse moron! Things like that make the game better because it lets other corps
have a chance instead of a one corp monopoly. I'm tired of you punks who whine and
say "Toonces and his crew are killing the game". I've been hearing that FOR YEARS,
and Starport is still around!

Now, can anyone please give me an educated reply?
Chill dude. :roll:

KUKA
2009 Double Champion

Post by KUKA » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:41 am

Damn it's awesome to see someone still knows how to be a total tard in the forums. Tip of the hat to u rivera - epic retardation.

duece

Post by duece » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:52 am

If it was in 2005, the only permas that were around are P1, Boundless, 11th, P2, DF, BR, and I might be missing a few. Could you narrow it down some?

In 2007, there was the Muppets war and the '123' thing but I think that was a bug that the corp password for gunboat reverted to the default value of 123.

RiveraK2

Post by RiveraK2 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:57 am

I only remember playing bounldess, 11th, and battle royale back then

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 am

I like turtles.

Major

Post by Major » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:08 am

-edited-

sperm sperm sperm
Last edited by Major on Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luna

Post by Luna » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:28 pm

Relentless comes to mind, but that could be WAY off base. This was before my time, and as time goes by I forget things that happened a long way back. I remember hearing about this, but I can't remember the details. Trechery and betrayal are common place with this game if you've played more than a few years. I can think of many double cross attempts, that were incredibly underhanded. The thing about betrayal is no one is immune. Nearly every player has experienced some form of betrayal to varying degrees. Some are absolutely devastating and some were great feats of manipulation. In the end we all get over it, and we move forward. It does make for interesting debate and conversation later when you've gotten over the effects of what happened. Eventually you may even laugh about it or form new bonds and friendships in people that you never expected.

Faint

Post by Faint » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:16 am

I hear that luna...and tbh only the younger sge players do that kinda stuff..i made the mistake of having a corp on GA with some younger ppl and it didnt last too long. i woke up one day everything was sold and massive invaded. tbh when that happened to me i sat back and thought...this is just a stupid space 2d game with crappy 1990s graphics..more ppl in the world have been hugged over worse than me so i shouldnt complain its just a damn game. And nobody cares about respect on these games even your "friends" on here dont mean much..if your computer dies its not like your gonna be calling them up on their cell phones..ofc that is if u dont live with them or know them personally allready. But yeah nobody cares and you gotta watch ur back on the internet..especially free games where trolls have invaded.(rk2)

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:48 am

I've played this game for quite some time now and haven't really had problems with corpies. A few jerk offs here and there but nobody ever wrecked any of our corps. You need to pick corpies wisely and treat people with respect. If you act like a teletubby then you will be treated as such. Nothing personal faint but judging by the way you act in-game and forums I'm not really surprised people screwed you over. Again, respect goes a long way in more things then 2d video games.

A good way to keep in touch with corpies is e-mail, teamspeak/ventrilo or a phone call.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:03 am

RiveraK2 wrote:I'm talking about you MORON!!
I can almost hear the angry whines of an overweight videogame addict :lol:

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:02 am

Be nice people. No personal attacks please and keep the derogatory comments to a minimum.

On the first Golden Age I remember being incredibly new and naive. Took me forever to haul resources and defenses back and forth for corpmates. After them laughing at me for running into planets over and over I got my first taste of betrayal. Rancores and his buddy took off all the defenses off dozens of planets, took nearly all the corporate money left on planets and got some of us to give him tokens for fuel, which he used to raid everything. Dienekes logged in and saw everything they'd done, and we barely recovered enough to continue to play. Over time our corp became one of the most powerful, but it was only after we recovered. We had to contend with the loss of planets, revenue, and resources. They took our defenses and we had to make more before he could begin to try to take back all the planets we lost.

Eventually I stopped being pissed and the anger faded. About a year or so later, Rancores tried to get me to join WOF, and even tried to help me learn how to space fight. He spent about 2 hours one night showing me how to move and showed me a few things I missed on defending. A few perms later he even came to my aid a couple of times when I was trapped on a planet. He helped me get to port and kept better players from podding me. Time changes things.

It I hadn't given Thorin a chance I'd never have been his corpmate for perm after perm. When I first came across him as a player I thought he was mean to new players, but I knew he was trustworthy. I ended up with him as a corpmate by accident. Vanadium abandoned me on a perm and Thorin stepped in and we combined forces. We stayed corpmates for every perm I've played since. I'd have to say he was the best corpmate anyone could ask for.

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:41 pm

I believe it was Crosseyed's corp. I remember back on 11th he was CEO of his corp and put in his quote that the password to his corp was one single space ...

And from what i remember, Crosseyed was always quite a good player. He played alongside Shinsu when it had its original leadership before Ace/Starwynd and Relentless had their all-out war ...

God - Those were the good days, when literally the entire server divided because one person invaded a NAPped or Allied colony and kick ten bells of BBQ out each other.

Good, Good times!

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 pm

RiveraK2 wrote:Now, can anyone please give me an educated reply?

I believe i provided such an answer in my above post.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:23 pm

RiveraK2 wrote:Does anyone remember WAY back ( I think back in 2004/2005 ) when one of the members of an original big corp got pissed,
and revealed the corp's password to the entire server?

Everyone was going wild joining the corp, and raping credits from their hundreds of colonies. The member coined it as a
"Public Empire" because he was pissed about something.

If anyone remembers; can you tell me the corp and server it was?

Thanks,
RK2
Lol river, you should probably clam down man. People will troll you if you're wound up that tightly (Don't mistake that for an attack. That's just advice.) What you're talking about has been done numerous times.

I think once it was POISON who did it to the original Shinshu Dynasty. On Perma 1, on of my earliest friends, Redleader had all his planets stolen by Nebu, the CEO and he was kicked out with nothing left. I remember getting pretty mad at Nebu for it back when 11D banged. Then I heard that someone did it on FW or something and his corp freaked out? Not entirely sure of the details. If you search carefully, you'll probably find at least a dozen topics in the forum to the effect of "Don't trust *so and so player* because he undef's cols".

And yeah. . . on Golden Age, I transferred authority to Rancores because I was locked in some pretty thick fighting with Kwiji on FW and he abused his position to steal credits, defenses, and to strip our corp bare before quitting and joining our enemies. We were the top corp before then.

Our corp fell apart after that for all intents and purposes. . . but it worked out for the best. Luna started her long partnership w/ Thorin, and I got my revenge on Rancores. We fought him for months and months (Deuce :D ). . . shot him down numerous times and by the end of the campaign he was banned for hacking.

Didn't work out in his favor, I'd say. Revenge is a I love you man!.