Trading & Transportation ...

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Amzolt

Trading & Transportation ...

Post by Amzolt » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:30 pm

I just read the thread called, Why are things so slow in StarPort?

I can understand, from other games I've played that Building, Invading, Defending, Attacking, etc. are a blast for folks 8)

Thing is, I like Trading Goods and Transporting People...

I've got about 4 good Spice routes worked out, got my Corporate ship, and wondering.........

Does anyone who's been playing Starport GE for a long time find Trading & Transportation "fulfilling"??

And, are there things about Trading & Transportation that I wouldn't know because it's not in the StarPedia or the scant Guides on the web????

Luna

Re: Trading & Transportation ...

Post by Luna » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:20 pm

Trading and transportation will get boring if you don't learn new skills. I'd suggest you find a mentor and branch out. I was a builder only, and that style of gameplay limited what I could do greatly. I never had the skills to invade and not being skilled at multiple things made me feel stagnant at times. My best suggestion is find something you enjoy, and keep doing it. :)

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:52 pm

Broooo if you like trading and shitt` i think you could do great in a 2 week rebang or pax

Joel70
2010 Pax Champion

Post by Joel70 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Trading and transporting are a means to an end, the more cash you make in a quick and economical manner the more options you have.

I suggest you expand your game in stages, try a 14 day rebang and decide in advance to build one strong colony once you have traded enough to pay for the defences when it eventually comes out of UN protection.

The next game you can aim for 2 cols and perhaps play another server purely as a pirate to develop those skills.

This is how I played when I began starport, I developed from small plans and worked out which elements of starport I was most interested in.

Hope this helps.

MJS

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:53 pm

Joel70 wrote:Trading and transporting are a means to an end, the more cash you make in a quick and economical manner the more options you have.

I suggest you expand your game in stages, try a 14 day rebang and decide in advance to build one strong colony once you have traded enough to pay for the defences when it eventually comes out of UN protection.

The next game you can aim for 2 cols and perhaps play another server purely as a pirate to develop those skills.

This is how I played when I began starport, I developed from small plans and worked out which elements of starport I was most interested in.

Hope this helps.

MJS
If i had too learn all over again .. believe me id learn it as MJS suggested .
Starting Ship also makes a difference - some use Tyrolean Falcons to get into CEO Ship - and some Whale it prior to CEO , but if done correctly you can be into a CEO Ship within the hr normally - sometimes even faster. :wink: