Solar cannon up'd?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

NightgraderP6

Solar cannon up'd?

Post by NightgraderP6 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:00 pm

Is it just me or did this patch raise the damage and power drain on solars?

KingDemon

Re: Solar cannon up'd?

Post by KingDemon » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 pm

I have just emailed toonces about the same thing... both of my igs's got blown up fast even with 7 neutrons...

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:15 pm

It may be a little stronger on direct hits now

Monica

Post by Monica » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:39 am

it was fine the way it was before tooncy y change it??

dragonz

Post by dragonz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:42 am

I think i speak or everyone, but this is a horrible patch! If your going to raise power on solar it should be based on some kind of colony attribute....maybe like the more spice a colony has the more powerful the solar....but have a single solar shot do 600 damge is insane its like invading a colony that shoots negs at you. Well guess im going to be building good luck invading my colonies /grin

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:46 am

And why would he even do this?

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:28 am

Well, there was a lot of complaining that invading was too easy after raising the ore per shot cost of the Solar Cannon.

So with this way, invading can be harder, and still offer variety in number of solar shots (instead of them all being 1o shot).

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:30 am

Toonces wrote:Well, there was a lot of complaining that invading was too easy after raising the ore per shot cost of the Solar Cannon.

So with this way, invading can be harder, and still offer variety in number of solar shots (instead of them all being 1o shot).
Perhaps it is time to consider that these people saying that the game is to easy are simply so far in over themselves and so deep within a lie it seems they must complain as to not relinquish their reputation.

I purpose a system of accumulative increase in damage % the less the solar shots are present.

That way, 1 shots do a lot and are balanced, like the way they used to be.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:03 am

Cool, thanks toonces, Good for new players :D

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:12 am

Hmmm i need to do some invading and check this out

KingDemon

Post by KingDemon » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:28 am

You die alot quicker now even with 7 neutrons... also this should of been put on the news so that everyone knew instead of letting me blow my 2 igs's then finding out other people have had the same.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:01 am

yeah every time there is a patch or a fix of some sort, u should let us know in the news,, and use the corrects dates.. when i look at it, it says news from developer sept.14.11, but some things were released weeks ago... just knowing the correct date of patches applied would help ;D

Major

Post by Major » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Solar is OP now. I'd be willing to split the difference if you must increase damage, but 600 is ridiculous. The folks who wanted damage increased were fools and NOT the majority of players that ACTIVELY invade colonies.
Toonces wrote:Well, there was a lot of complaining that invading was too easy after raising the ore per shot cost of the Solar Cannon
No, there was a lot of complaining that you raised ore, and 3 noobs asked for damaged to be increased as a result. I think you should re-read that topic.

I think Dragonz and I and everyone else that posts here speak for a slightly higher percentage of the player base (not just us 30 forum users) then Jesusrocks987.

The only other people that publicly asked for damage to be increased were Barefoot, whom no longer plays, and Cloud1 whom is a complete fool with ridiculous ideas, and doesn't play.
Last edited by Major on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AKA Copler

Post by AKA Copler » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:12 pm

wow this patch is gay toonces :twisted:

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:13 pm

Wow that's crazy 600 from one solar bullet, kiss invading on ga goodbye lol

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:28 am

Major wrote:Solar is OP now. I'd be willing to split the difference if you must increase damage, but 600 is ridiculous. The folks who wanted damage increased were fools and NOT the majority of players that ACTIVELY invade colonies.
Toonces wrote:Well, there was a lot of complaining that invading was too easy after raising the ore per shot cost of the Solar Cannon
No, there was a lot of complaining that you raised ore, and 3 noobs asked for damaged to be increased as a result. I think you should re-read that topic.

I think Dragonz and I and everyone else that posts here speak for a slightly higher percentage of the player base (not just us 30 forum users) then Jesusrocks987.

The only other people that publicly asked for damage to be increased were Barefoot, whom no longer plays, and Cloud1 whom is a complete fool with ridiculous ideas, and doesn't play.
I couldn't really invade before, now I can't at all D:

The solar increase is too high, but I like it since I build, the fact is Builders like it and Inveders dont, so I'd split the Increase to be

[SolarDmg Now] - [SolarDmg Before]

So basically +1/2 of what you increased it :D

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:46 am

Major wrote:Solar is OP now. I'd be willing to split the difference if you must increase damage, but 600 is ridiculous. The folks who wanted damage increased were fools and NOT the majority of players that ACTIVELY invade colonies.

JesusRocks simply kisses Toonces donkey and praises him on everything he does regaurdless of how horrible it is.

What needs to happen is an accumulative system of solar damage increments in relation to how many shots are being fired!

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:17 am

What A lier...

Im not playing your stupid waste of time game now, I hope noone else does.

Copy SGE all you want, At least this has a player base.

I never kiss up to toonces and you are wasting all your time being a complete nerd coding a stupid waste of a game.

Have fun with the waste and stop talking to me communist baby duck.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:22 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:you are wasting all your time being a complete nerd coding a stupid waste of a game.
So, exactly like toonces did?
JesusRocks765 wrote:Have fun with the waste and stop talking to me communist baby duck.
??? Are you an idiot?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:05 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:What A lier...

Im not playing your stupid waste of time game now, I hope noone else does.

Copy SGE all you want, At least this has a player base.

I never kiss up to toonces and you are wasting all your time being a complete nerd coding a stupid waste of a game.

Have fun with the waste and stop talking to me communist baby duck.
You are literally to stupid for me to even want to come up with a crushing comeback/insult.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:25 am

double domes are scary

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:27 am

I am actually a very intelligent man, Throw any insult at me and I will turn it against you :D

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:34 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:I am actually a very intelligent man, throw any insult at me and I will turn it against you :D
<sigh> Why do you randomly capitalize things that you simply think are important? Your taint stains whats left of the faint essence of good grammar left on this forum. :roll:

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:49 am

The reason its not in the news is because it wasn't really planned for. I think what was going on in the past was that the solar bullets were always exploding at maximum distance from your ship. It's supposed to instead cause more damage on direct hits than on glancing blows, so in my coding I inadvertantly fixed that and now solar bullets do the damage they were originally intended to do. I'm leaving it in because of the reason I gave earlier in this topic, which is that it seemed reasonable to increase the defensive power of the solar after the change to eliminate the surplus of 10-shot colonies that came back in July or August.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 am

guess no more buying igs, if im just gonna lose them to all those beast solars

KingDemon

Post by KingDemon » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Toonces wrote:The reason its not in the news is because it wasn't really planned for. I think what was going on in the past was that the solar bullets were always exploding at maximum distance from your ship. It's supposed to instead cause more damage on direct hits than on glancing blows, so in my coding I inadvertantly fixed that and now solar bullets do the damage they were originally intended to do. I'm leaving it in because of the reason I gave earlier in this topic, which is that it seemed reasonable to increase the defensive power of the solar after the change to eliminate the surplus of 10-shot colonies that came back in July or August.
Shouldn't we off been aware of this anyways wether it was planned or not? i did an experiment on a server and i actually found out that neutrons are useless now, they dont do anything, like i said earlier i lost 2 igs's from this "patch" from me not knowing about it.
gamanche wrote:guess no more buying igs, if im just gonna lose them to all those beast solars
Must agree with you, no more buying igs if all they are going to do is blow up easy.

WhAcKeD

Post by WhAcKeD » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:08 am

This is just completely messed up. It's hard enough to find a colony that is DECENT on FW without it having a good solar cannon around 8/100. Sure, you made the ore go up for solars, but builders can make them stable. I can make zounds with 10/120s. If this update stays like this, it will ruin everything. Invaders play to invade for fun. That's what I do. I don't like building and never will. Most good players are builders, who make good colonies with awesome solars. These colonies WILL be virtually uninvadable with this update. 600 Damage per shot means after 25 shots from a solar, your dead. If you are distracting a solar with all plates, and it doesnt make a difference, that means that you can sit there for a max of 2 seconds, before you blow up.

I speak for all invaders of SGE on this one:

LOWER THE DAMAGE!!!!! If you don't no-one will invade anymore! If that happens people will get bored and quit! This HAS TO BEE CHANGEDDDD!!!!!!!!

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:50 am

Looks like we need New Shield Maximums :D,

But to do that we should increase the damage of weapons so pvp is the same...

Then lasers will die to easily, Better upgrade their Shields too!

Upgraded lasers in space will make clearing lasered systems a pain... Better Reduce the energy they take away...

Then lower energy regain so sliders dont abuse lasers that dont decrease energy,

Better Upgrade SCs to make them more valueable and make it possible to still have good energy regen.

Sounds like builders have it too easy now, we ned to limit their max cargo holds!

The above is sarcasm for anyone who didnt know :0

Or you could always just reset solar damage to what is was but make it 35 Metal ore/Shot :D

Major

Post by Major » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:15 am

WhAcKeD wrote:This is just completely messed up. It's hard enough to find a colony that is DECENT on FW without it having a good solar cannon around 8/100. Sure, you made the ore go up for solars, but builders can make them stable. I can make zounds with 10/120s. If this update stays like this, it will ruin everything. Invaders play to invade for fun. That's what I do. I don't like building and never will. Most good players are builders, who make good colonies with awesome solars. These colonies WILL be virtually uninvadable with this update. 600 Damage per shot means after 25 shots from a solar, your dead. If you are distracting a solar with all plates, and it doesnt make a difference, that means that you can sit there for a max of 2 seconds, before you blow up.

I speak for all invaders of SGE on this one:

LOWER THE DAMAGE!!!!! If you don't no-one will invade anymore! If that happens people will get bored and quit! This HAS TO BEE CHANGEDDDD!!!!!!!!
That's on a mod server Toonces. How will Tor and GA fair?

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:58 pm

my main server is tor, and cols are getting beastly, since all colonys are capable of 10/120 except earths and oceans.. unless some strip mining or mili tradition