Old Returnee. A few Questions

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Deadwood

Old Returnee. A few Questions

Post by Deadwood » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:55 pm

Im not expecting anyone to remember me as i was only around for six months and i spent most of it moaning

Ive fired up an old Perma and make a few colonies, but i have some questions.

1. ive made a five shot solar and its costing me 375 metal. Have there been major changes to the solar as it used to cost 125 metal for 5 shots.
2. Are 10/120 solars a thing of the past. The most fun was one or two people taking one down.
3. Is it possible to make viable self cleaning colonies anymore. The reason i quit last time as i had dozens of colonies to clean and the end came when i went on holiday and i kept thinking about my polution levels
4. Where the hell is everyone. When the Dark Matter Perma Banged i once counted 40 people there.
5. Everyone i meet keeps telling me about a certain Mr Hunter being the actually son of Satan. Is there any truth in these rumours
6. Does Kuka still play this game and which 2 week rebang does he play. He must be destroyed.

My thanks for your answers and i hope that you are all well.

Monica

Re: Old Returnee. A few Questions

Post by Monica » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 pm

1. yea there been major changes :\ ore cost more per shot now ( wich totally sucked!! hardcore since i had 9 mil followers on GA at the time teh change was made)

2. all rockys can be 10 - 9/120's with out any discoveries

3. all rockys can be neg pollution

and thats all i can answer for u :D

-Ladydragonz

Major

Post by Major » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:44 am

welcome back

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Deadwood wrote:Im not expecting anyone to remember me as i was only around for six months and i spent most of it moaning

Ive fired up an old Perma and make a few colonies, but i have some questions.

1. ive made a five shot solar and its costing me 375 metal. Have there been major changes to the solar as it used to cost 125 metal for 5 shots.
2. Are 10/120 solars a thing of the past. The most fun was one or two people taking one down.
3. Is it possible to make viable self cleaning colonies anymore. The reason i quit last time as i had dozens of colonies to clean and the end came when i went on holiday and i kept thinking about my polution levels
4. Where the hell is everyone. When the Dark Matter Perma Banged i once counted 40 people there.
5. Everyone i meet keeps telling me about a certain Mr Hunter being the actually son of Satan. Is there any truth in these rumours
6. Does Kuka still play this game and which 2 week rebang does he play. He must be destroyed.

My thanks for your answers and i hope that you are all well.
Monica wrote:1. yea there been major changes :\ ore cost more per shot now ( wich totally sucked!! hardcore since i had 9 mil followers on GA at the time teh change was made)

2. all rockys can be 10 - 9/120's with out any discoveries

3. all rockys can be neg pollution

and thats all i can answer for u :D

-Ladydragonz
her 2 & 3 are only for GA.

most other servers you need research or tons of charisma to even get a 10/120 rocky WITH pollution.

4. people are quitting the game faster than new players are sticking around, it's just that simple. but it also ties in to 5
5. Most of toonces' new changes, to put it the nicest way i can, have received mixed reactions. He has made a lot of changes (to paraphrase) "for the greater good." Unfortunately, the sad reality is that they have not improved the game or the number of people who play it, regardless of intent.

- 3 major changes you may have missed

-modules (to expand horizons of gameplay etc. etc.) (despised by most older players)

-deletion of stagnant permas and assorted rebangs/paxes on a massive scale (Servers DID need to go, as many were dead, dominated, and/or not making enough money, but unfortunately at least half the players on them just quit! the idea was to herd the playerbase into a smaller number of servers, but most of the cows left for greener pastures :P , causing a mediocre increase in players on the remaining servers)

-multiple fluctuations in ore-per-solar-shot over the past 2 years ("To give new players a chance"). These annoying fluctuations (you had to manually adjust settings on your colonies all but one time, when toonces reset all tax rates below 5% to 0, forcing people to still have to go around to all their cols, but not have any cash to clean them) caused an estimated 10-20% of players to quit, and of the remaining #, at least 10% to play less.

And yes, toonces has been going ahead and doing whatever he wants to do without much regard to community imput these days. Patches are done at random. There is no plan. It may not be all his fault if he is busy with another job and/or understaffed, but Toonces-player relations are not very good. He even got on vent with some people who told him how to set the game straight, but apparently he doesn't agree with them.

6. I doubt it, and if he does idk if he'd use his name. Last time I saw him around was champs and the start of GA.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:14 pm

If toonces is gonna ban me without a reason, then ignore me when I ask politely why, this game isnt worth playing. :(

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:08 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:If toonces is gonna ban me without a reason, then ignore me when I ask politely why, this game isnt worth playing. :(
you got banned? hahahahah

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:11 am

:(

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:09 am

Jesusrocks is currently under suspension/investigation for violation of the 1 account per person rule.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:56 pm

gamanche wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote:If toonces is gonna ban me without a reason, then ignore me when I ask politely why, this game isnt worth playing. :(
you got banned? hahahahah

i thought it was odd he and another person who just so happened to share his every opinion on things and type/spell/ capitalize in the exact same pattern "chatted" with me on herculese while trying to convert me to christianity.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:22 am

Sorry for multiing everyone. It doesnt even help really, (Except on Blitz) Friends are much better :D

duece

Post by duece » Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:57 pm

Saber-Fury wrote: And yes, toonces has been going ahead and doing whatever he wants to do without much regard to community imput these days. Patches are done at random. There is no plan. It may not be all his fault if he is busy with another job and/or understaffed, but Toonces-player relations are not very good. He even got on vent with some people who told him how to set the game straight, but apparently he doesn't agree with them.
So basically nothing has changed :)

And Deadwood I remember you lol.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:35 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:Sorry for multiing everyone. It doesnt even help really, (Except on Blitz) Friends are much better :D
Excellent a confession! Now he will never return :3

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Im still here of course, just on 1 Character instead of 2 :D

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:56 pm

Im still here of course, just on 1 Character instead of 2 :D

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:46 pm

I remember you too, Deadwood! I'm not playing now but I'm glad you are giving it another go. 8)