How to win Blitz

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

How to win Blitz

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:13 pm

Step 1: Buy IGS/Artifacts/Point Defense

Step 2: Use your overpowered ship to pwn all the other players, don't worry you wont get shot down because you have Point Defense

Step 3: Continue this for the entire season and you will be rewarded a Blitz trophy, depending on how good you are this may only cost you 10k-20k tokens

Step 4: Show your shiny new Blitz trophy to everyone and say that you were so pwnzor that's how you got it.

Actually Blitz is pretty stupid, same tactics over and over again...get Point Defense and or Flower Power and piss off everyone that is playing the game. Nothing like paying half of your cash for nukes or negs only to get them pwned by a avenger with Point Defense. Also the game is so laggy that EMP is useless, whats the point in getting a EMP when it doesn't even work. A player can get hit with it 10 times with no effect, don't use the lag excuse cause EMP works on some but not on others. This needs to be fixed.

Blitz is stale, the same people use the same tactics over and over for easy token bought trophies. It needs to be changed to something a little more fun for people that don't want to waste tokens to have some fun.

Get rid of Point Defense and Flower Power and lets see how all these Blitz pwners do without them.

FortyTwoAxes

Re: How to win Blitz

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:29 pm

How about you learn to kill them or beat them

emp does work you just gotta learn how to calculate the distance beetween where it will apear on there screen and hit them

but i do agree it is dumb that emp, torp, fire wave, and all otherweapons seem to appear behind you or infront of you
i think this is a major problem that should be fixed cause i never noticed this problem back in 08

but if u realy want to kill an igs on blitz either you and some one else has to neg it or nuke it using TEAMWORK

and hopefully toonces can get some other mini games on that blitz server

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:41 pm

thats funny. i used NO tokens last season and got 4th. you must just suck lots of donkey at it get over it

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:59 pm

1 Hour Blitz! :D

Please make it possible or random for the Blitz time to switch between perhaps, 1 hour, 30 mins, 20 mins, and Possibly even 15mins! :D

and WGDS, Just get FP and PD and fight them back :D

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:09 am

When you emp someone point blank 10 times and it doesn't work obviously something is wrong. Flower Power and Point Defense is boring and stale, get rid of it and change the game around for the better. Stop letting token whores dominate a game that should be fun for everyone...not those that choose to spend money to get Blitz trophies.

The entire dynamic of Blitz is entirely too simple as I have stated before. How about Toonces puts some skill into the game. A lot of people don't bother playing Blitz cause they feel the same way. It's supposed to be fun not a waste of time.

When you play a round and your team sucks or is helping the other side the you are guaranteed to lose, if he changed a few things then this would be less likely.

As for you Merc1ful shut your hole....you don't even belong playing this game let alone commenting about anything. Of course you know all about lag right?

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:52 am

seems like your the only person not having fun lol

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:52 am

Tokens run every aspect of the game now

Tokens = Victory now more so then ever.

bluesky

Post by bluesky » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:47 am

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:48 pm

bluesky wrote:Image
What you fail to see is that if many people do not like how Blitz is played that means less tokens being bought. Less tokens = less support and improvements for the game.

When that happens, everyone loses

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:01 pm

i just found out captain kangaroo is a show/comic
this makes me :)

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:26 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:Step 1: Buy IGS/Artifacts/Point Defense

Step 2: Use your overpowered ship to pwn all the other players, don't worry you wont get shot down because you have Point Defense

Step 3: Continue this for the entire season and you will be rewarded a Blitz trophy, depending on how good you are this may only cost you 10k-20k tokens

Step 4: Show your shiny new Blitz trophy to everyone and say that you were so pwnzor that's how you got it.

Actually Blitz is pretty stupid, same tactics over and over again...get Point Defense and or Flower Power and piss off everyone that is playing the game. Nothing like paying half of your cash for nukes or negs only to get them pwned by a avenger with Point Defense. Also the game is so laggy that EMP is useless, whats the point in getting a EMP when it doesn't even work. A player can get hit with it 10 times with no effect, don't use the lag excuse cause EMP works on some but not on others. This needs to be fixed.

Blitz is stale, the same people use the same tactics over and over for easy token bought trophies. It needs to be changed to something a little more fun for people that don't want to waste tokens to have some fun.

Get rid of Point Defense and Flower Power and lets see how all these Blitz pwners do without them.
you just exposed altair and 4funs strategy to win every season. now there going to be angry. on a side not of course we should all really thank them for the hundreds of dollars of tokens they buy and use on a minigame.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:19 am

Blitz got super popular ever since the ore patch :)

PLEASE Make 1 hour blitz! :D

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:58 am

The whole Blitz idea is fun don't get me wrong but the fact that someone has to put at least 50k tokens into the season just to be competitive hardly seams worth my time and money for a 20 minute game.

Make Blitz a little more interesting with solar cannons built on colonies, weapons factories, arti's that can be found randomly, maybe get a free IGS if you win 5 games in a row. The current cost just to be able to hang with the other tokeners is not worth it my opinion.

duece

Post by duece » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:37 pm

I don't think the igs advantage is so big when ship prices are cheap. Point defense and shields are a requirement with igs because otherwise everyone guns for you and it becomes a liability, and that restricts you from getting other mods/hardware you would have needed. But when ship prices become so prohibitively expensive that you're forced to play in a merchant cruiser against an igs, then all sense balance is hugged. To me sky rocketing prices are the main issue in blitz.

But there's no denying that you have to fork up tokens for artifacts to be competitive, and artifact prices are prohibitively expensive for casual players. Maybe if artifact prices were reduced it would attract more buyers and the overall token sales stay the same.

There's nothing wrong with flower power though.

Woots

Post by Woots » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 pm

duece wrote:I don't think the igs advantage is so big when ship prices are cheap. Point defense and shields are a requirement with igs because otherwise everyone guns for you and it becomes a liability, and that restricts you from getting other mods/hardware you would have needed. But when ship prices become so prohibitively expensive that you're forced to play in a merchant cruiser against an igs, then all sense balance is hugged. To me sky rocketing prices are the main issue in blitz.

But there's no denying that you have to fork up tokens for artifacts to be competitive, and artifact prices are prohibitively expensive for casual players. Maybe if artifact prices were reduced it would attract more buyers and the overall token sales stay the same.

There's nothing wrong with flower power though.
Boy am I glad I got my trophy before all the token whores showed up!

duece

Post by duece » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:54 pm

I don't think I've ever seen someone make top 5 without arties. 50k tokens is a very (very very) conservative estimate for the minimum someone has to spend to contend for silver, and plenty of people go way above that. Maybe it wasn't like this during beta, but from at least season 3 on it has.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:44 pm

Cloud1 wrote:The fact is Token users are able to buy a good ship and have the million $ left over. They can also get credits from tokens. I would say increase the token pool so it's worth spending tokens to make more tokens.
I would suggest this.

- Lower aritifact token ( duece's idea)
- increase price by 450k.
- Get rid of the credit gain by tokens.
- Make solar cannon cheaper in price to 900k.
- no ship price increase in base.

You can't complain about token users because they make toonces money, they keep blitz running, and you're always going to see the advantage in all games with real cash unless it's retail.
Good ideas Cloud, but I dont get the "increase price by 450k" pricve of what? :o Please clarify, otherwise good ideas :D

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:58 am

duece wrote:I don't think I've ever seen someone make top 5 without arties. 50k tokens is a very (very very) conservative estimate for the minimum someone has to spend to contend for silver, and plenty of people go way above that. Maybe it wasn't like this during beta, but from at least season 3 on it has.
Another big problem is this, people buy tokens to get into the top 5 rankings. They get part of the token prize pool back at the end of the season so no new tokens are being put back into the game.

The same people that have gotten in the top five bought tokens once then keep using what they get in the token pool to keep buying arti's and IGS.

Blitz is stagnant with the same tokeners taking the top spots due to an advantage. Change it up a bit toonces and give someone else a chance to get into the top 5 instead of the same people that bought tokens once and have used the prize pool to continue the same gameplay.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:18 am

Cloud1 wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote:
Cloud1 wrote:The fact is Token users are able to buy a good ship and have the million $ left over. They can also get credits from tokens. I would say increase the token pool so it's worth spending tokens to make more tokens.
I would suggest this.

- Lower aritifact token ( duece's idea)
- increase price by 450k.
- Get rid of the credit gain by tokens.
- Make solar cannon cheaper in price to 900k.
- no ship price increase in base.

You can't complain about token users because they make toonces money, they keep blitz running, and you're always going to see the advantage in all games with real cash unless it's retail.
Good ideas Cloud, but I dont get the "increase price by 450k" pricve of what? :o Please clarify, otherwise good ideas :D

sorry my bad, I meant increase starting cash by 450.
ah, ok, then This! :D

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:34 am

duece wrote:I don't think I've ever seen someone make top 5 without arties. 50k tokens is a very (very very) conservative estimate for the minimum someone has to spend to contend for silver, and plenty of people go way above that. Maybe it wasn't like this during beta, but from at least season 3 on it has.
i got a 4th place using no tokens :D season 8

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:59 pm

woots should come back

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:57 pm

awesomepebble wrote:
i got a 4th place using no tokens :D season 8
Epic :D

Put in 0 Tokens, Bring out Thousonds :D

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:40 am

gamanche wrote:woots should come back
i miss woots very much :cry:

Monica

Post by Monica » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:05 am

TOONCES MAKE A NO MOD BLITZ SERVER *with only current ships and their weapons* but maybe only token cash no ig ships? o.o i ahvent thought it threw just throwing teh idea out there.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:22 am

Damn Monica, that is an impressive font choice.

I think the Nyan cat's complaints are largely overblown. If there is a problem with weapon inaccuracy that is universal and not even related to blitz. But certainly weapon accuracy is of utmost importance so I would place a high priority on fixing that if there is a real problem there.

On Duece's question about prices going up, that is actually moving the prices of those items closer to what those items are actually worth. If shields cost $60 a pop and people are still buying them (which is what drives up the price) then that means it is still a good strategic decision to buy them at that price which means that is closer to their real value. I feel it makes sense for things to be priced at their real value, otherwise it becomes a no-brainer to repetetively always buy the maximum of that item at the start of every game which is rote and bad game design in my opinion.

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:26 pm

I brought this up last nite on Blitz, since Point Defense is OP for a person with a IGS then why not make it available only via the Admirals Club.

It would balance the game out quite a bit and put more money in Toonces pocket from token sales. It could be open for sale in the starbase for everyone without IGS and if you have IGS then you need to get it from Admirals Club every round of Blitz for a token fee.

Or just lock it out of the starbase and make it only available from Admirals Club which IMHO would be the best thing to do.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:45 pm

or bangbang the igs?

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 pm

I agree with toonces on the point that shield/ship/hardware prices must rise. This creates the minimalistic feeling many people love and enjoy on blitz without them even noticing. Plus, I get more enjoyment from having colonies defended with less flaks and more defenders, preferably using repellers (assuming the repellers actually work right, sometimes they don't). Having everyone running around with fully defended colonies, 3 fp'ers, full shields, full nukes, is simply no fun at all.

The simplest solution I see to these problems is this, increase the baseline prices of both point defense and flower power. Make those roles more tactical rather than having everyone equipped with them ALL THE TIME. This would also give incentive to actually use the merchant freighter and the flower ship, as in the old days, rather than just combine the two roles in the better-handling, more powerful falcon.

Make the prices of flak cannons and laser cannons rise faster

And finally, make it literally impossible for an IGS to buy point defense. This would require a bit of coding, but toonces has made bigger changes before.

This would lessen the impact of token whore-ery, and while it may deter some from buying an igs, the increased amount of blown up IG ships will probably make up most of the difference.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:20 am

To win Blitz you need a team of Resourcful players with someone to capture the colony, 2-3 FPers to guard it, and a barge of 2 of Defs
This works for me :D

Woots

Post by Woots » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:16 pm

awesomepebble wrote:
gamanche wrote:woots should come back
i miss woots very much :cry:
Nope, probably never coming back :P

In other news I wish we still had caffcoder, even though his coding was apparently quite shitty