Client version out of date msg

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

IronLung

Client version out of date msg

Post by IronLung » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:48 pm

When I try to log on to any server I get this message, everything worked fine 2 hrs ago.

Your client version is out of date. Exit to desktop and run
Starport again. If you still get this, make sure you are starting
the program with Launcher.exe.

IronLung

Re: Client version out of date msg

Post by IronLung » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Now I cant log on to sge at all. I get patching error, I go to ptt mirror site to try and re-download and my virus scan stops the download saying it contains malware. This sucks.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:49 pm

IronLung wrote:Now I cant log on to sge at all. I get patching error, I go to ptt mirror site to try and re-download and my virus scan stops the download saying it contains malware. This sucks.
What virus scan says that? There is no malware in SGE, never has been, never will.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:27 pm

:shock:

IronLung

Post by IronLung » Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:50 pm

Toonces wrote:
IronLung wrote:Now I cant log on to sge at all. I get patching error, I go to ptt mirror site to try and re-download and my virus scan stops the download saying it contains malware. This sucks.
What virus scan says that? There is no malware in SGE, never has been, never will.
Avira Anti-Virus...just scanned again and its downloading fine now, about 2 mins left. I know sge is virus free, I'm as confused as you are as to why Avira said it had malware.

Luna

Post by Luna » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:47 am

I have issues pretty much after any patch. Sometimes it takes several attempts to download again. I've always thought it was my laptop being annoying. I was used to my desktop but it went away. Now I have to teach myself to play on a laptop. I haven't really jumped in the mix since Classics was deleted. I need to settle back into some sort of routine and start playing something again.

I've just had a bunch of things happen all at once. I got robbed, and lost my laptop, and pretty much everything electronic. I had to wait for everything to be replaced by insurance, which took two months. I did get my laptop back, which was nice. I then moved from a place with fantastic internet to a place that internet is one step above dial up. I'm adjusting, slowly. So much has changed since then I bet I'll have almost everything to learn again. I've retained some of the basic information, but maybe this time I'll be better. :lol: