So JohnnyC is a mod now.......

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

So JohnnyC is a mod now.......

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:25 pm

Ok JohnnyC is a mod on FW, He is already muzzling people that disagree with him...whats up with that and whats going to happen once people start invading him?

Bad idea toonces, nobody elected him and we don't need players that don't have a un-biased opinion of everyone else. I petition that he be removed from being a mod and that we either do not have any or put a person in that is not partial to anyone.

Nothing personal Johnnyc but there is no reason to abuse what toonces has given you just because you don't like what someone says. It's childish and uncalled for.

vodkashot

Re: So JohnnyC is a mod now.......

Post by vodkashot » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:57 pm

/Agree mods on servers is a stupid idea, soon as they get annoyed people are going to get muzzled

River:

Post by River: » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:08 pm

I was on FW for 10 mins...made my opinion heard..and was muzzeled! This guy does not have the patience to be a mod. what's gonna happen is someones gonna say somethin he don't like and he's gonna muzzle them for sayin it.

A mod has to understand some people are gonna trash talk on a server..it's up to the mod to remain calm..nothing i said was deserveing a muzzle..no cussing etc.

haveing an active player as a mod on the very server he plays is a very bad idea. Like Angry suggested what happens when people invade him? there's just too many possibilities for things to go south fast with this guy or any other player as a mod. toonces haveing players with any kind of mod powers will prove to be detrimental to that very server.

You will reap what you sow and kill the server fast...

thanks for your time River

Lookingglass

Post by Lookingglass » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:23 pm

Allowing Johnny to play let alone moderate any server in starport is a stupid idea. JohnnyC is extremely unstable and has been known to ban people who disagree with him in the slightest on vent servers no matter if the server is his or not. For hug sake he banned D-tox from HIS OWN VENT 3 different times. He does not care about rules, its his way or the highway.

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:32 pm

banned d-tox from his vent? I've never been on d-toxs vent. U have me confused with someone else... I have always had my own vent. He speaks to me here,

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:31 pm

What's wrong with JohnyC as a mod, I don't see a problem.

ThePezzer

Post by ThePezzer » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:51 pm

River: wrote:I was on FW for 10 mins...made my opinion heard..and was muzzeled! This guy does not have the patience to be a mod. what's gonna happen is someones gonna say somethin he don't like and he's gonna muzzle them for sayin it.

A mod has to understand some people are gonna trash talk on a server..it's up to the mod to remain calm..nothing i said was deserveing a muzzle..no cussing etc.

haveing an active player as a mod on the very server he plays is a very bad idea. Like Angry suggested what happens when people invade him? there's just too many possibilities for things to go south fast with this guy or any other player as a mod. toonces haveing players with any kind of mod powers will prove to be detrimental to that very server.

You will reap what you sow and kill the server fast...

thanks for your time River
lol u hearled abuse and got muzzled, that happens when you start being a prick, lol
Lookingglass wrote: * Quote Lookingglass

Post by Lookingglass » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:23 pm
again lol i get banned from johnnys vent all the time and i also ban johnny from his own vent... its funny BBQ

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:18 pm

I'm pretty sure if you hurled as much abuse at any other mod or Toonces. You'd get muzzled or even banned.

I'm not appreciating the fact people have to act this way, I've tried resolving issues with everyone directly.

Everyone who has been muzzled has upset not just me but a handful of people all asking for it to be dealt with. So it has been.

People on Frontier Wars need to accept that the position I have been given is to stop this kindve behaviour so we can all play for fun and if you do not want to let it go then I calm the individual down by a temporary muzzle then talk it with them after on /t to sort the issue. This works for most but some people refuse to talk to me. Everyone has their right to an opinion and free speech but if you have the choice to act more grown up or have alternative ways to vent your frustration and talk it out then you will have to do so.

The majority seem to like me being a mod and the grown up attitude i've taken towards my treatment to even those who dislike me. I get more good feedback then bad feedback. Some people just need to grow up a bit.

Kudos, Johnnyc

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:03 pm

thelegend wrote:I'm pretty sure if you hurled as much abuse at any other mod or Toonces. You'd get muzzled or even banned.

I'm not appreciating the fact people have to act this way, I've tried resolving issues with everyone directly.

Everyone who has been muzzled has upset not just me but a handful of people all asking for it to be dealt with. So it has been.

People on Frontier Wars need to accept that the position I have been given is to stop this kindve behaviour so we can all play for fun and if you do not want to let it go then I calm the individual down by a temporary muzzle then talk it with them after on /t to sort the issue. This works for most but some people refuse to talk to me. Everyone has their right to an opinion and free speech but if you have the choice to act more grown up or have alternative ways to vent your frustration and talk it out then you will have to do so.

The majority seem to like me being a mod and the grown up attitude i've taken towards my treatment to even those who dislike me. I get more good feedback then bad feedback. Some people just need to grow up a bit.

Kudos, Johnnyc
you havent tried to resolve with me once. not been friendly to me once. and then you wage war? thought mods are meant to be friendly and helpful.

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:02 pm

thelegend wrote:I'm pretty sure if you hurled as much abuse at any other mod or Toonces. You'd get muzzled or even banned.

Kudos, Johnnyc

It's not "Your" server, it's for everybody to enjoy. And yes, you have been known to ban people on on their own vents before....it's not funny and it is disrespectful. All the years without a mod on any servers and now you are one now? I remember Johnnyc on Classics being a little baby....he got blown up and then proceeded to tell the player that if he doesn't get paid 10k tokens they will be wiped. Problem is that player had 0 followers :)

Anyways we don't need the inmates running the asylum....Johnny your not needed nor wanted to be a mod. It's a nice idea on toonces part but he needs to find a stable player...not someone that has a chip on their shoulder. As mentioned before FW is not your own private server anyways...you don't pay the bandwith bill and so what you played there before..... I played P3 for many years. Does this entitle me to my own private P3 server? Nope

Please act accordingly with the privilege toonces gave you.

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Toonces wont remove my mod powers because of a few "babyish" players want him too. Just like the solar patch, its a change your all gunna have to deal with. There is a choice of servers you dont have to play this one. I'm only a mod here.

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:17 pm

thelegend wrote:Toonces wont remove my mod powers because of a few "babyish" players want him too. Just like the solar patch, its a change your all gunna have to deal with. There is a choice of servers you dont have to play this one. I'm only a mod here.
may hurt token sales. im on token strike till we get a decent mod :). not one that is more biased than UkIP.

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:43 pm

thelegend wrote:Toonces wont remove my mod powers because of a few "babyish" players want him too. Just like the solar patch, its a change your all gunna have to deal with. There is a choice of servers you dont have to play this one. I'm only a mod here.

Your own words reinforce what everyone has said about you as a mod. If you keep acting like an idiot toonces most certainly will remove you as a mod....won't be the first time either. If you make the server a crappy place to be nobody's gonna play and toonces loses money.....you can't actually believe you are more important as a mod then toonces money do you?

Ya and on the subject of tokens I don't think I will be buying any either, looked good with the $50 promo but I won't buy tokens if toonces puts people like johnnyc into a mod position and lets him do whatever he wants. Ekoms is bad enough......now we have Johnnyc....I don't understand why toonces puts the biggest douchebags in as mods.
Last edited by WeGotDeathStar on Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:46 pm

johnnyc is doing a great job and everyone is just pushing there limits to try and get themselves muzzled so they can post something ridiculous on the forums and cry about it for him to lose powers, so far hes been doing a great job

WeGotDeathStar

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:48 pm

gamanche wrote:johnnyc is doing a great job and everyone is just pushing there limits to try and get themselves muzzled so they can post something ridiculous on the forums and cry about it for him to lose powers, so far hes been doing a great job

Powers ace? It's a privilege to keep the peace of a server, not to create problems cause he is on a power trip. Try again

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:19 pm

Problem is for removing me as a mod, is still theres less players complaining then what is satisfied.

Toonces will see this and i guess this thread will be locked and burned.
Grow up.

River:

Post by River: » Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:34 pm

lol u hearled abuse and got muzzled, that happens when you start being a prick, lol

Pezzer you're as big an idiot as you're fellow blow boy johnnyc..is it possible to shove your head up his donkey any farther? You two douchbags will run that server into the ground..Have fun bullying On FW...and toonces..no more tokens will be bought by me if this is the way you're gonna run SGE by putting egotistical asshats as mods on servers

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 am

River: wrote:lol u hearled abuse and got muzzled, that happens when you start being a prick, lol

Pezzer you're as big an idiot as you're fellow blow boy johnnyc..is it possible to shove your head up his donkey any farther? You two douchbags will run that server into the ground..Have fun bullying On FW...and toonces..no more tokens will be bought by me if this is the way you're gonna run SGE by putting egotistical asshats as mods on servers
Andddddddd thats why u get muzzled

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:36 am

gamanche wrote:
River: wrote:lol u hearled abuse and got muzzled, that happens when you start being a prick, lol

Andddddddd thats why u get muzzled
Exactly..

This is a flame war there has been no good points made what-so-ever. NONE at all. Please close/delete this thread.
Complete and utter waste of time. Play another server guys. Grow up.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:36 pm

It is important not to abuse your mod powers, Johnnyc. If you are using mod powers too much you will lose them very quickly.

Something like muzzle is meant to be used very sparingly, only when people are spamming or really out of control. A bad word or an insult is no reason to use a muzzle. A heated debate or someone saying something you don't like is no reason to muzzle.

Please use VERY sparingly. Thank you.

stgballa

Post by stgballa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:10 pm

I think Johnnys a great choice as a mod. People go in there with the specific intent of trying to get him to muzzle them so they can post on here that he's abusing his powers, so yeah, those people should be muzzled.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:46 pm

stgballa wrote:I think Johnnys a great choice as a mod. People go in there with the specific intent of trying to get him to muzzle them so they can post on here that he's abusing his powers, so yeah, those people should be muzzled.

personal bias, irrelevant opinion.

pretty clear he abuses his powers. people who dont play the server should be moderators above people who play.

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:00 pm

LordSturm wrote:
stgballa wrote:I think Johnnys a great choice as a mod. People go in there with the specific intent of trying to get him to muzzle them so they can post on here that he's abusing his powers, so yeah, those people should be muzzled.

pretty clear he abuses his powers. people who dont play the server should be moderators above people who play.

Biased, Irrelevant opinion.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:06 pm

thelegend wrote:
LordSturm wrote:

Biased, Irrelevant opinion.
incorrect assumption based on absolutely no prior gathering of factual information. irrelevant opinion.

my statement is not biased as I have never once spoken, or played with you. and the only people coming to your defence here are people who are corped with you.

stgballa

Post by stgballa » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:21 pm

My opinion is irrelevant because its on the other side of the argument. And the hand full of people that have a personal vendetta with Johnny dont have a biased opinion?

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:22 pm

No... i'm not corped with a-c-e or none of the other people on the server who give me good feedback who don't use the forum. Your going on assumptions from biased players who dislike me for other prior reasons. Therefore this topic is not relevant in the slightest. Your opinion is based on those that are irrelevant which by proxy means yours is irrelevant.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:25 pm

toonces doesnt seem to think the other side's complaints are irrelevant.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:02 pm

What a great mod we have. he told mike5 he'd give him 1k tokes for his starting cash on fw. he said he would /givetokens for some reason instead of trade and mike5 believed him.. and never got his tokens. Perhaps it was unwise of him to be so trusting, but is deceiving people out of essentially real life money something a mod should be doing...? You decide...
If so many people seems to not like him as a mod, why is he one? Even if he has good qualities to be a mod (Any evidence of this would be great), if a lot of ppl don't like him, how can he be an effective mod. Luna has good qualities to be a mod and a lot of ppl like her, so she can moderate effectively and fairly. Please tell me - what qualities does Johnnyc posses that suggest he should be a mod in the first place, out of all the other people, then tell me what's so brilliant about him that demands he be a mod even when a lot of people don't want him as one. I bet toonces could find someone just as good (probably better) at moderating that did not have so many problems with other people.

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:07 pm

Saber he got his tokens.... What you talking about? Mike come and he said thanks for them....

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:12 pm

Anyone else notice how he picks and chooses which parts of people's posts he responds to? He avoids the ones that hit the nail on the head and flat out denies the rest...

See, I didn't even say complain about him abusing power as a mod or muzzling people or not - cause i wouldn't know about that one way or another. but looking at it I can only go with what ive seen and what ive heard. But if there's such a fuss over him being a mod...
Saber-Fury wrote: If so many people seems to not like him as a mod, why is he one? Even if he has good qualities to be a mod (Any evidence of this would be great), if a lot of ppl don't like him, how can he be an effective mod. Luna has good qualities to be a mod and a lot of ppl like her, so she can moderate effectively and fairly. Please tell me - what qualities does Johnnyc posses that suggest he should be a mod in the first place, out of all the other people, then tell me what's so brilliant about him that demands he be a mod even when a lot of people don't want him as one. I bet toonces could find someone just as good (probably better) at moderating that did not have so many problems with other people.