75 Ore an hour?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

75 Ore an hour?

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:49 am

This is way too much consumption for a solar, good cols like Rockies and Mountains will be decimated. The point of increasing the ore was to keep earths, oceans ans greenhouses from being 10/120's.....not to destroy peoples hard work building good colonies.

Is it really fair that people will now have to go to every colony and change the settings? Put the consumption back to what it was originally, not something like 75....I'm sorry but that is in no ways needed nor fair to us players. Speaking for myself I made sure to build only solid 10/120 rocks and mounts knowing that they are hard to invade.....now all my hard work is about to go into the toilet along with everyone else's.

Good idea but you will piss off more people then make the game better. Nobody's gonna bother building anymore if all the cols support 4/90's from now on. Think long and hard before you put a coffin nail in this game.

Mel'Kaven

Re: 75 Ore an hour?

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:50 am

This was implemented? who in the hell thought of this?

MK2

Post by MK2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:04 am

75 is stupid amount IF this was goin to be put in put it on a new server spreding this disease across all servers is dumb invadeing will be a joke whats the point in haveing planets if every day you got to take them all back thats a waste of time whould be pointless domeing earths and maybe oceanics right now deserts have been killed of since the last bump up

Drey

Post by Drey » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:17 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:This was implemented? who in the hell thought of this?

ichigo.

Ong-Bak

Post by Ong-Bak » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:44 am

Horrible idea...just horrible. :shock: :evil:

AKA Copler

Post by AKA Copler » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:48 am

worst idea besides tht stupid bb replacement

stgballa

Post by stgballa » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:57 am

This is the worst idea since...two days ago.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:25 am

Also what will happen is ppl will adjust the ore slider up and equip and uranium will go down. This means that nuke/laser production will be severely disrupted so after a few weeks even thou colonies will be easy to invade there wont be enough nukes and lasers in the galaxy to effectively invade or redefend.

I don't understand why the people that have played and support this game need to be punished, the problems we have in this game are due to lack of a player base like we once had. Changing the ore to 75 will not help anything at all and I predict a lot of people will lose interest in the game. It's not our fault people stopped playing for whatever reasons. Try to advertise the game or come out with new ideas to promote token sales with the people that still do play. By doing this change it will help nothing, what about all the nuke waster layouts that are around that nobody is gonna bother with anyways...what about the dead servers....what about the nuke issue that was never fixed....all these things need to be addressed and new players have to start playing this game before any patch is introduced that most likely will do more harm to the game then good.

This patch will be good for people that don't have any colonies and want to invade. But then again those players that don't have anything have so for a reason...they aren't good enough to build or sustain a empire to begin with.

Draze

Post by Draze » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:07 am

Whats interesting is that toonces is risking this move... He pissed off so many people increasing ore by 10! Now your talking about increasing it over 2x its amount. If it "balances" the game its going to change all game dynamics. Most people are used to 10 shots now and your going to make invading easier. I just don't get it. Add some PvP or building features which could only make ppl happier not making more people pissed off at the changes ESPECIALLY builders who now have to learn how to make a colony the best it can be all over again. Earths and oceans will be cake now and Rockies will even be relatively simple. I'm not following the logic here but if you do make this change... woe is me... I'll be playing blitz and only blitz because I'll have given up hope on perma's.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:01 am

WeGotDeathStar wrote:Also what will happen is ppl will adjust the ore slider up and equip and uranium will go down.
That's what I feel would've happened if I'd gone with 50 ore per shot.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:39 pm

well... looks like earths are no longer gonna build nukes for me :(

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Toonces wrote:
WeGotDeathStar wrote:Also what will happen is ppl will adjust the ore slider up and equip and uranium will go down.
That's what I feel would've happened if I'd gone with 50 ore per shot.
and with 75 ore, it will happen to an even greater degree.

seriously man, can't you just TEST this on the new servers you plan on banging in place of annual pax etc and see if people actually like it? Cause from what I've seen, no one wants it. and restoring 50 promo dollars on the same day seems like a sneaky move to make it look like "Oh, ppl are buying more tokens, therefore they must like the changes in the game" :roll: it will also conveniently mask whether token sales would have gone down after this patch :wink:
Toonces wrote:I guess it has upset the vocal veteran demographic.
I believe you made a poll viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20022&start=0

unfortunately, the MAJORITY of the community wanted NO change. ANY change AT ALL, if done according to the people's wishes, would have been AT MOST to 50 ore, simply based on a rudimentary look at the votes.

Toonces, there are two issues here - first, whether ore needed to be changed at all (aside from a few people suggesting it be changed, I will once again link you to viewtopic.php?f=2&t=20022&start=0). The next issue is that even after minimal support for a small increase in ore, you increase it by over 2 times? do you realize the drastic effect this will have?

Just to tweak something angry said - rockies and mounts wont be decimated THAT badly; it's cols like greenhouses, arcs, and earths that will get turned into useless 3 shot jokes again We all remember those, right? :lol:

We've all heard people beg and complain about how cols are too strong now, but they seem to be a small handful just repeating their pleas for easy cols. and most of the time they just ask for increases in stats/ship abilities (which on a small scale for no mod servers i think would be reasonable), not severely weakening cols.

In fact, all this patch will do is make some col types even more worthless while others remain strong (though every col will be weakened, the 'gap' between them will be widened by a lot)

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:56 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:We've all heard people beg and complain about how cols are too strong now, but they seem to be a small handful just repeating their pleas for easy cols. and most of the time they just ask for increases in stats/ship abilities (which on a small scale for no mod servers i think would be reasonable), not severely weakening cols.

In fact, all this patch will do is make some col types even more worthless while others remain strong (though every col will be weakened, the 'gap' between them will be widened by a lot)
Once again, you're complaining about a side-effect rather than the change itself. If you think that colony defenses are too weak right now, and that this will weaken them further, thereby exacerbating the problem, then I'm open to discussing making their defenses stronger in some way like increasing solar shot damage.

But this change is not about weakening or strengthening colony defenses. This is about pricing the per shot cost of cannons correctly, which i have explained in the other topic the importance of that, and it is about making 10 shot solars more of a special and rare thing.

If you ask why i don't necessarily go by the vote of 30 forums user it is for these reasons, i just don't find your arguments convincing enough.

This change was suggested by NightstarRage, pbn4ever, and some others. I just agreed with them.

It's also to address some of the concerns you see in this post:
omlow wrote:
duece wrote:My first thought is that after being used to 10 shot solars, 1 shots would be easy. And that's partially true.

But invasion wasn't really easy before multi shot solars because people invaded differently. Now to invade a difficult colony you have to work in a corp, and the invasion strategy is nuke your way through everything, maybe using a dist. And invading 1 shots that way is like ripping tissue paper. Back then people used to invade solo more, and there was a lot more variety in how you could approach a colony. You could draw up a game plan that involved sliding in and out of a colony by yourself and execute it without necessarily dying.

My favorite colonies to invade were the one-landers, rings where the dome was only covered by 2 layers of lasers at its thinnest point. You could slide in with 8 nukes to work with and then it was cap or die. That was the most fun I ever had invading, and funner than anything that came in the 4 years since.
i'm in agreeance with this, and i do find modern invasion much much much more boring than as you said 1 landing a fully defended planet with a "do or die" attitude, where grace in sliding and being crafty in how you opened a cap were paramount, compared to modern days "brute force" nuke everything attitude.

Altair1

Post by Altair1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:07 pm

And what is your arguement to up the ore shots? its your (ONE PERSON) oppinion against 30others and many more who dont use the forums.... try to think it's not that hard to comprehend

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:10 pm

Altair1 wrote:And what is your arguement to up the ore shots? its your (ONE PERSON) oppinion against 30others and many more who dont use the forums.... try to think it's not that hard to comprehend
well i've it made a couple times now, but i'll paste in here again for your convenience
Toonces wrote:I think the unbalanced part is that a solar shot is more worth more than 35 ore per hour. When you have something in the game that's priced too low for its effectiveness, it makes it necessary for all players to buy the maximum amount of that thing to be competitive. That's not the kind of thing i want in the game. I would rather have different ways of playing be equally strong. Having things have the proper price tag for what they are worth is one way to go about that balancing.

I would also like to have less 10 shot colonies. I believe the effectiveness of the 10 shot colony is too high for it's price tag, especially now considering the addition of double domes.

Altair1

Post by Altair1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:14 pm

Once again its your oppinion v 30 on forums and alot more ingame, and il ask again have u ever invaded a `10/120 solar colony i doubht it, your opinion on gameplay is that of a newbies compared ot most of the guys who posted against this idea

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Invading will be even easier now....in reality the people that acually invade every day are used to 10/120's . They can be easy, unless the have a good layout. But even on the good layouts people are used to invading difficult colonies.Lowering solars will destroy peoples colonies, not only that but i soon will have to go through every single colony i own (600) and ajust the setting... I really disagree with this idea.
:?

MK2

Post by MK2 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Toonces wrote:I think the unbalanced part is that a solar shot is more worth more than 35 ore per hour. When you have something in the game that's priced too low for its effectiveness, it makes it necessary for all players to buy the maximum amount of that thing to be competitive. That's not the kind of thing i want in the game. I would rather have different ways of playing be equally strong. Having things have the proper price tag for what they are worth is one way to go about that balancing.

I would also like to have less 10 shot colonies. I believe the effectiveness of the 10 shot colony is too high for it's price tag, especially now considering the addition of double domes.

i fail to see how this will balance the game its been too long since you put multi shot solars in then come up with this insane hike up in the cost makes invadeing a joke sm and nutron plateing will all that will be bumed so its not a balance :?

CrazyGardenGnome

Post by CrazyGardenGnome » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:34 pm

Toonces wrote:But this change is not about weakening or strengthening colony defenses. This is about pricing the per shot cost of cannons correctly, which i have explained in the other topic the importance of that, and it is about making 10 shot solars more of a special and rare thing.
Well everything became a 10 shot the day the refinery slider patch was released.
Toonces wrote: If you ask why i don't necessarily go by the vote of 30 forums user it is for these reasons, i just don't find your arguments convincing enough.

This change was suggested by NightstarRage, pbn4ever, and some others. I just agreed with them.
Yes well they're both noobs, please don't listen to them. Just give them they're own private server with nukes in every port and lots of NPCs to beat up, a proper invading tutorial couldn't hurt either. And leave other servers as they are now, and then everyone is happy. Or make a server with refinery sliders that are locked (or just do this on TOS). A 3 shot solar is hardly any better than no solar, not hard to dodge at all. Volcs and greenhouses wouldn't even be worth building.

River:

Post by River: » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:28 pm

Ya i'm not likeing this..i enjoy invadeing insane layouts with hard as hell solars with my corpies...this is a bad idea..plz leave GA as it is

Altair1

Post by Altair1 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 pm

not just ga leave all servers alone as i said hikeing ore cost and increasin solar damage equals itself ur just putting work on urself and displeasing thr eocommunity with work they doint want

thelegend

Post by thelegend » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:04 pm

Toonces I say Good job man and for altair the 30 people that vote against this crap are builders or people who should consider a PAX server.

Invading / building should be balanced accordingly and Toonces is aiming towards that. I can think of atleast 15 people right now who agree with this change and thats just my friends. This should be implemented into the game structure as a permanent setting throughout all servers. This game is a game which runs on WAR and should be encouraged more for those who don't like it are those that are killing servers.

The main issue with servers that die is that a big corp goes there owns like 7mill followers, then another corp goes there with another 7 mill and more smaller corps... then for some stupid reason beyond known cause of the overpowered solars currently on colonies people cant be arsed to war. So instead they all make an alliance. Nobody does anything but exps whores sells death for tokens.

Any encouragement of war is a thumbs up for me.

River:

Post by River: » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:17 pm

thelegend wrote:Toonces I say Good job man and for altair the 30 people that vote against this crap are builders or people who should consider a PAX server.

Invading / building should be balanced accordingly and Toonces is aiming towards that. I can think of atleast 15 people right now who agree with this change and thats just my friends. This should be implemented into the game structure as a permanent setting throughout all servers. This game is a game which runs on WAR and should be encouraged more for those who don't like it are those that are killing servers.

The main issue with servers that die is that a big corp goes there owns like 7mill followers, then another corp goes there with another 7 mill and more smaller corps... then for some stupid reason beyond known cause of the overpowered solars currently on colonies people cant be arsed to war. So instead they all make an alliance. Nobody does anything but exps whores sells death for tokens.

Figures you'd be the one who's whineing about solar strength...did that cap vid take too much out of you? And i know you just buy cols ..so stick with that "pro" :lol:

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm

River: wrote:
thelegend wrote:Toonces I say Good job man and for altair the 30 people that vote against this crap are builders or people who should consider a PAX server.

Figures you'd be the one who's whineing about solar strength...did that cap vid take too much out of you? And i know you just buy cols ..so stick with that "pro" :lol:
when hes drowing in a sea of red i think he will be flying a different flag :)

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:19 pm

i DD'd all my cols knowing at the time that they would last for ever. but now the fact i need to double my harvest just to support a decent solar? i demand my tokens back for these useless DD greenhouses now please toonces. TOTALLY hugged UP CHANGE. who the hell is gona dome greens or earths now? vading is already easy as it is....

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:27 pm

pbn4ever wrote:i DD'd all my cols knowing at the time that they would last for ever. but now the fact i need to double my harvest just to support a decent solar? i demand my tokens back for these useless DD greenhouses now please toonces. TOTALLY hugged UP CHANGE. who the hell is gona dome greens or earths now? vading is already easy as it is....
Uh PBN I credit you in part with this idea. You were the one who followed me around to different servers for two days saying you wanted to be able to invade solo again.

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:29 pm

reading you post 1) made me get sol'd on GA. and 2) theres a BIG difference in a 2 man corp server AND UPPING THE ORE COST BY OVER 100%! all my cols are pointless now. $20+ down the drain i guess.... useless DD's.

edit : if you are going to implement this ATLEAST MAKE CURRENT COLS IMMUNE TO THIS RIDICULESS UPDATE!

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:45 pm

also toon. i never said vading solo was hard, i said vading while being in a solo corp on such large servers with big corps and alliance rings means that you just get ganked by everyone if you even land on a col.

-nox-

Post by -nox- » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:59 pm

Would it be possible for the patch to set all solars to a sustainable rate (let's say every solar is half the shot of what it is now with a minimum of 1 shot) so people won't have to hurry around their cols soon as the patch lands?

NightgraderP6

Post by NightgraderP6 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:25 pm

:lol: Lets here it for the cry babies who got there way. Too bad they will be the ones who pay this price for this. A large corp vs the solo player / small corp... Can you say good bye to the little guy. :lol:

Get real Toonces! 75 ore per shot across the board for all planet types. You would be better off use an increase in ore need as the amount of shots is increased. Thus giving a better balance for weaker cols and slightly weaking the stronger cols.

Nightgrader