Extended Re-Bang Upheaval

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Toonces
Site Admin

Extended Re-Bang Upheaval

Post by Toonces » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm

Three galaxies are coming to an end in the next few days and will not re-bang as the same thing. They are The Big Bang, The PAX Big Bang, and Annual Pax.

They will be coming back in different form, featuring a combination of at least 1 or 2 of the following new ideas and possibly other ideas:

-Ports do not generate resources or start with resources. This makes expansion more dependent on colonies.

-Raiding instead of Invading. Colonies can be invaded but don't change ownership on invasion. Instead the invaders gain half the treasury and destroy a percentage of the population. The colony gets a day or two of protection after this.

So this is mainly a heads up that Big Bang will not re-banging tomorrow if the new rules for it are not decided on yet.

IronLung

Re: Extended Re-Bang Upheaval

Post by IronLung » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:33 pm

I dont like either one of those ideas, I dont think they are going to make the game more enjoyable.

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:50 pm

dont understand how this will affect the pax's much? it will just be first to grab a mount.. and for BB? this will encourage people to just spam colonies and not bother defending much.

pbn4ever

Post by pbn4ever » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:55 pm

how about burning DMJ, p5 and 11th D. AND NEW SERVER!!!! lol

i shall never give up.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:20 pm

wow, and i had a corp set up for this next big bang! FML

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:32 pm

Toonce no.. i hate pax but when i played it when i first started it was prefect im pretty sure its the same now so keep it thats stupid there

mrsge

Post by mrsge » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 pm

hiya all well alot players have had issues with all extended lately if ive got toonces ideas right what he means is on paxbb its not how many cols u and allies have domed its sytems because low port resourses means u need cols building right resourses and far as bb conserned it means if your a builder and lose a col you got 2 days to rectify it redefend and bring pop up but how will exp for invader regonise this? needs more disscusion before implementing!

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:35 pm

Toonces wrote:Three galaxies are coming to an end in the next few days and will not re-bang as the same thing. They are The Big Bang, The PAX Big Bang, and Annual Pax.

They will be coming back in different form, featuring a combination of at least 1 or 2 of the following new ideas and possibly other ideas:

-Ports do not generate resources or start with resources. This makes expansion more dependent on colonies.

-Raiding instead of Invading. Colonies can be invaded but don't change ownership on invasion. Instead the invaders gain half the treasury and destroy a percentage of the population. The colony gets a day or two of protection after this.

So this is mainly a heads up that Big Bang will not re-banging tomorrow if the new rules for it are not decided on yet.
Toonces : without trying to sound " confused " .. but if Ports dont have resources in them - how do people trade ?
For example.. starting out with basic Ship .. normally takes an Hr maybe to gain enough cash to get a better Ship - then buy Biodomes etc and continue to Trade . how is this idea going to allow people to make money ?

Also - the " raiding " instead of " Invading" ... so if i dome every planet on a PK Server = it cant ever be taken from me ? :shock:

May i suggest you implement ONE server where this can be Tried and Tested - prior to implementation - i honestly fear the worst ... :(

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:20 pm

D-Tox1 wrote:
Toonces wrote:Three galaxies are coming to an end in the next few days and will not re-bang as the same thing. They are The Big Bang, The PAX Big Bang, and Annual Pax.

Toonces : without trying to sound " confused " .. but if Ports dont have resources in them - how do people trade ?
For example.. starting out with basic Ship .. normally takes an Hr maybe to gain enough cash to get a better Ship - then buy Biodomes etc and continue to Trade . how is this idea going to allow people to make money ?

Also - the " raiding " instead of " Invading" ... so if i dome every planet on a PK Server = it cant ever be taken from me ? :shock:

May i suggest you implement ONE server where this can be Tried and Tested - prior to implementation - i honestly fear the worst ... :(
yeah he is definetly bringing a twist into the game lol, but a test server should definetly be used first

AKA Copler

Post by AKA Copler » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:00 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO horrible ideas toonces :(

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:25 am

I'm always all for trying new things in this game, because change makes it interesting even if not necessarily "better". I'd rather have it bad but insane and interesting, being fixed, than perfect but boring.

that said, toxy brought up the major concern i have... how are we supposed to get started? is there gonna be extreme starting cash? cause we cant trade to make money

Ong-Bak

Post by Ong-Bak » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:00 am

Sounds dumb.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:11 am

invaderzim wrote:I'm always all for trying new things in this game, because change makes it interesting even if not necessarily "better". I'd rather have it bad but insane and interesting, being fixed, than perfect but boring.

that said, toxy brought up the major concern i have... how are we supposed to get started? is there gonna be extreme starting cash? cause we cant trade to make money
Well there are always ways to make money. That's part of the challenge. Also interest earned from colony treasuries may be increased, so that would be another way you might make some money.

This will be a new 3 month game. Possibly 6 months.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:53 am

Toonces, I do think you should make a beta of the server before you try it. Most of the community are confused and/or disapprove of how this might work. Dont just launch 3 servers with this random donkey idea. :)

b-rambo

Post by b-rambo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm

Well my understanding of this invader deal is a builder colony gets invaded 3 times it get destroyed so you slow down their exp (the owner). As far as resources go you will have to make a colony to refinery and farm them also there are aliens and npcs to carry them. As far as treasury gained maybe we could tweek it so a bonus is added for how many colonists you destroy adds like a multiplier to the amount of credits received for a successful invade. These ideas added a different twist to the game. And I for one would be happy to have a little fun trying it :)

b-rambo

Post by b-rambo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:21 pm

invaderzim wrote:I'm always all for trying new things in this game, because change makes it interesting even if not necessarily "better". I'd rather have it bad but insane and interesting, being fixed, than perfect but boring.

Well you can always do taxis, kill npcs, kill aliens. A plus side to having no resources in ports is ports wont be raped to badly when you go to sell resources from aliens. Another idea would be to increase spawn rate of aliend on planets

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:15 pm

perhaps if all prices for everything started low? i feel like it would take an unbearably long time to work up enough money for a good ship and biodome just thorough taxiing and killing aliens/npc's

maybe I'm wrong lol. we'll see

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Forget this lame Idea and Make Drones!

+ Token Costing Nuke Cannons and Surface Nukes (Damage Like Negs but unlimited Supply and Look like Nukes)

D-Tox1
2011 Starport Champion

Post by D-Tox1 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:18 pm

Cloud1 wrote:it would take uber long donkey time to create 1 colony. Players want fast, skillful, and fun.

A good change:

Adding 3 extra inventory slots.
Adding Artifacts that resemble mods.
Starting cash 5mil.
5k pop.
Smaller map.
U.N colony's.
Npc's that grow rank in time.
Remove ref sliders, and pollution.

I agree that the game should be kept to similar " concept " it already is..
But looking at Toonces ideas of these new Extended Rebangs : that sure aint gonna happen. :(

The Concept of a guy starting Starport and Invading a colony for gain -knowing that Corp he took from will retaliate and most likely try to recap = possible Player deaths .. is what i guess gives most " Invader " type guys the adrenaline rush theyre after .. but what is proposed i believe will delete this from the game .. which is altogether bad.

The Concept of a Builder on Sge ( being one myself ) is knowing that what i build is difficult to invade and take .. not its impossible to take..
please explain..
Why would a guy wanna spend 30 minutes invading a colony - if he knows he has basically nothing to gain from the cap ?
Why would i bother defending any colony on these proposed servers - if i know it cant be taken .. i may as well leave undefended and let someone cap - then its given back to me automatically.

Unless im missing the point . :?

You should keep the game the way it is, but add smaller details with imagination.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:10 am

Note for First Settlers players, here are some additional rule changes associated with Raiding servers:

-It takes 9 pollution disasters to kill off a colony instead of 3.
-There will be 36 hours of U.N. protection added after a successful invasion/raid.
-Interest rate earned on credits in colony treasuries increased 25%

Sorry to have to put this in a forum post. There will be a more detailed "galaxy description" page in game at some point to present these rules clarifications.

SiN

Post by SiN » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:16 am

Toonce give everyone 100mil starting cash.... or just give us a Sandbox style server. Please.

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:53 pm

9 times???? holy crap man... i thought 3 was alot.. but 9? jeezus.

Mommy

Post by Mommy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:57 pm

Please don't mess with PaxBB. It is fine as it is and nice refuge for the builders. Every galaxy on this game favors invaders.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Mommy wrote:Please don't mess with PaxBB. It is fine as it is and nice refuge for the builders. Every galaxy on this game favors invaders.
Unfortunately, mommy, PaxBB and AnnualPax are flops. They just aren't popular enough. I've got to rework them.