WHY DID YOU QUIT ?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Highlander

WHY DID YOU QUIT ?

Post by Highlander » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:46 am

It saddens me to come onto the forum's maybe once or twice every month and see the same old stuff.
Every comment is an exact copy of the same post made a few months or even a few years ago!

I left Starport a while ago but I still love the game and design. When i started playing there was a great player base and so many active servers. As a nooblet i wanted to be like top of the pile and fight my way up to be as good as x,y & z. but now the player base is very short on the ground and most people will not have the same experience in game as it was years ago.

So instead of posting about fast nukes / new servers / hugging glitches and all the other BBQ, how about we start finding out what the core problem is and ask people WHY THEY QUIT? what put you off the game, why do you not play anymore?

Is the player base low because tech has moved on and everyone has a ps3 or xbox?
Is it because of in game functions?
is it just natural progression?
is it about promotion?

My reason was the sense of fun left when many players i played with left the game. If the people i started playing with still played then I would be logged on every weekend. Yes there has been many changes but the fun part for me was corpies and mass invading/wars.

Ways to fix this!! mmm tough but what about game chat accross servers. how about having an SGE ventrilo site. maybe get xfire working with SGE. Promote leaderboards server wide and best corp awards! Create competition between corps. Take ideas from the up and coming black ops elite site.

anyway lets hear your reasons if you have left the game and what would make you come back.
p.s. its 2am and i was bored so excuse the grammer and spelling zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and don't forget

THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE !!

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Re: WHY DID YOU QUIT ?

Post by CrazyChef » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:58 am

I quit because of 2 things mostly:
1: old friends not around to chat with and very few mature people left
2: the new changes that basically make tokening a necessity in order to compete against the top players/corps.. cheap token nukes, dex badges, fuel, DD, etc etc..

But If it doesnt kill the game and player base and toonces makes his money, then I can't blame him I guess.. we will see

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:16 pm

1. Friends Quit

2. Rude Ignorant Athiests

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:35 pm

A combination of friends quitting, preparing for Basic Training, and doing fun things in RL that overruled the fun of SGE.

The game was too time consuming for me to keep playing.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:58 pm

The game mechanics are horribly out of place and how it is entirely run by token whores.

Mods have reduced the thin line of balance in the game, and Toonces has done nothing but make this gap wider by not attempting to reform the games balance, and while he could be constantly updating to have this situation resolved, he has lazily overlooked it and decided to make random updates with no purpose other than to make him money. Seriously, colored names? Thats like 1 line of code. 2 lines if you don't know what you're doing, and he makes it cost 250 dollars for 3 colors. OUTRAGEOUS. RIDICULOUS. I am ashamed that I played this game for as long as I did. This game is destined for failure.

Unless you have a trick up your sleeve Toonces, You are going to loose your player base.

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:14 am

I quit the first time when my corp quit. I had pretty much only been friends with them that time through, and so when they quit I didn't know what to do with myself. Then I came back, made new friends, and have stayed back. I don't always agree with what toonces does, especially regarding the cash shop, but guess what? the cash shop is optional. If you don't want to buy colors, don't. If someone else does, let them. I don't really want to, but it doesn't actually harm anyone for toonces to add it, and some people that really love starport are bound to do it and be happier for it. If you can roll with the times, you can love this game. It's no final version ever, so to people that whine about ref sliders, pollution, port negs, no port negs, easier solars, harder solars, mods, no mods, just roll with it :D Have fun with it. Don't quit over it, just play around with it, maybe change up your game play style a bit, and keep on running.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:03 pm

i got bored. partially the company and partially the lack of fun wars.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:27 pm

Yeah. I think I mainly left because of other friends leaving, because of boredum. Space Fights are what made the game for a lot of us. Invading, yeah sure, fun, space fighting > Invading, in terms of funness. Once toonces killed fighting, that was it for me and a lot of us in bloodpack.

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:39 pm

I quit cause toonces touched me D:!!!!

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm

To achieve anything notewhorthy in SGE you have to spend multiple 24-hours shifts a day playing/scheming. RL got in the way.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:40 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:2. Rude Ignorant Athiests
:roll:

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:03 pm

FortyTwoAxes wrote:I quit cause toonces touched me D:!!!!
you're back? :o

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:05 pm

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:53 am

invaderzim wrote:
No D:

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:05 pm

stop it. get back