Hey Toonces................

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Hey Toonces................

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Tue May 24, 2011 4:36 am

See how fast the ships used to be in the old game........and they turned great. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2OmE7bC ... er&list=UL

Current settings on GA is about half speed.........how bout speeding things up a bit....

Also can you bring back the old solar cannon sound, it used to be beast....now it sounds so gay. The old sound got your heart pumping when you got up close to it....scared the crap outta you when you heard that 10/120 tearing you up. Maybe give us a choice to change the sound or include the old sound file so we can change it.

JesusRocks765

Re: Hey Toonces................

Post by JesusRocks765 » Tue May 24, 2011 5:22 am

Definately Agree with the old Solar Sound, you know, the one you could actually HEAR on colonies :)

And Faster Ships? Why not? :D

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue May 24, 2011 10:27 am

nukes are far from nerfed. they still do the same damage, to people and turrets. nukes CAN be dodged, but they arent always. i was pretty satisfied testing them out. i dueled ichi and DDG. didnt have a problem with ichi, the nukes were fun to dodge but some hit. with DDG they all hit. this could definitely be my lack of skills but he was also in an IGS vs my isc. i found it very difficult to get any kind of distance between us so that i could dodge the nukes.

im not gonna comment on the speed. may or may not be an improvement, idk. the current nuke changes were a big step and im happy for now.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Tue May 24, 2011 5:54 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:nukes are far from nerfed. they still do the same damage, to people and turrets. nukes CAN be dodged, but they arent always. i was pretty satisfied testing them out. i dueled ichi and DDG. didnt have a problem with ichi, the nukes were fun to dodge but some hit. with DDG they all hit. this could definitely be my lack of skills but he was also in an IGS vs my isc. i found it very difficult to get any kind of distance between us so that i could dodge the nukes.

im not gonna comment on the speed. may or may not be an improvement, idk. the current nuke changes were a big step and im happy for now.
Well how close would you say they are to 2nd gen nukes? Relatively close, or can't even be compared?

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed May 25, 2011 9:58 pm

2nd gen meaning the way nukes were a month ago?

nukes are nukes, so of course they can be compared. i would say they're very close to old nukes. but i havent tested them out loads yet. i started with DDG and was annoyed because i wasnt able to put enough space between us to even try to dodge the nukes. he was in an IGS, maybe that came into play. then i fought ichi and did well.

it could be my skills that restrained me from dodging DDGs nukes, but im pretty sure that wasnt it. i realize that i was rusty and did some stupid stuff but.. i dont think that was the problem. i'll talk to people and see if they've had any probs dodging nukes from an IGS.

i feel like the dodgi?a?bility of the nukes is good though. so if its really necessary to compare to the old new nukes, then they're awesome and the old new nukes were horrible :P

Henry

Post by Henry » Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 am

The nukes a month ago are 3rd gen. 1st gen were insanely fast and powerful, 2nd gen they were nerfed, and they stayed that way for awhile, 3rd gen were the ones you were complaining about a month ago, and now 4th gen are the newest ones

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu May 26, 2011 12:35 am

ah. so 2nd gen are the good ones. i would say that they're close to 2nd gen.

Pwnster

Post by Pwnster » Mon May 30, 2011 10:41 am

i remember those days