4fun - solar seller?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Golab36

Re: 4fun - solar seller?

Post by Golab36 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:55 am

I have to agree with you here man, I have known ya for awhile and this is something that you wouldn't do... my guess is that Deathstar misinterpreted something that happened. Much like my son and his recent issue with being banned(soon to be unbanned by the way).

Fun is a great player who I have known awhile and he plays with integrity. I am not saying that Deathstar is wrong at all, but I will say that perhaps things weren't as they seemed.

Good luck and go invade some cols guys,

Golabulus(Rangers all the way!!)

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:42 am

i didnt read past like, 5 lines. all i gotta say is.. you shouldnt be corping with people who take angry's word for fact..

like really man? really? angry lies out of his chia pet.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:42 am

I guess going inactive makes me paranoid somehow. I went inactive over a year ago and told him that he was free to leave the corp at anytime as I was quitting the server, but he was also free to stay in the corp if he wanted.

Being nice, I said that if you aren't going to leave corp, he was welcome to come and take my billions of credits and hoards of weapons on my cols at anytime as I would not be using credits/weapons anymore (and my cols made a LOT of money). He gladly cleaned my cols for the money to continue his building projects and invading efforts. As long as he was fine being corped with inactive folks, it was fine with me.

When he left corp and took a few cols with him, and later I politely questioned him about it and asked if he was going to return them or not. He said he wouldn't return them, which I was OK with, but then he proceeded to call me ungrateful for letting him "do all the work defending the corp" and "cleaning all my cols like a slave". I thought it odd, as I never asked him to do anything. I was fine with our cols dying to pollution. We all quit except him. I told him he was free to do as he wished with all our cols. I trusted him not to steal them all, and I knew he wouldn't. I always try to have trustworthy corp members. I think a little paranoia is justified sometimes with new members you don't trust, but I never did anything too paranoid as far as I know. Not like I booted anyone or made cols personal when I quit.

4fun's not a 'solar seller' in the bad sense of the term. He just couldn't catch me or breakdown online to ask for those cols he took. That's fine in my book, it would have taken forever to catch one of us online, anyway. deathstar got the idea when he asked me straight up if 4fun sold any of our solars, and I gave an honest answer that he did on 5-10 cols.
Funny thing is that Deathstar is corped with people that JUST stole 800k followers from my corp on GA.

TL;DR: 4fun's a legit corpy and not a threat to steal cols, just beware if you're inactive in a corp with him he'll get really mad at you like you owe him something when he leaves

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 am

Some dates are wrong 11th has only been around for like 1 year 3 monthish

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:52 am

GRAWRG. wrote:you shouldnt be corping with people who take angry's word for fact..

exactly.

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:31 pm

I was egotistical to ask for colonies back that the entire corp spend time invading during a war? That is I love puppies, total and complete nonsense, inactive or not doesn't make a difference. You had no right to sell those solars and deserve to be on the list from what I remember. If you want a corpmate's colony that is in your area you can ask for it; to take it upon yourself to sell the solars and change ownership is a messed up thing under any circumstances.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:34 pm

breakdown wrote:I was egotistical to ask for colonies back that the entire corp spend time invading during a war? That is I love puppies, total and complete nonsense, inactive or not doesn't make a difference. You had no right to sell those solars and deserve to be on the list from what I remember. If you want a corpmate's colony that is in your area you can ask for it; to take it upon yourself to sell the solars and change ownership is a messed up thing under any circumstances.
QFT

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:09 pm

Hey you had every right to turn the solars off. By all means. That's new age starport, right? Wars are faught by back stabbing, not skill, of course this wasn't a 'war,' as much as you just being a dick. Scrubs will be scrubs.

SnakeEyes

Post by SnakeEyes » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:01 pm

-4Fun wrote:Hi all.

This post is a reaction and rebuttal for the accusation of me selling solars a good year back (...)

(...)I decided to shut down solars and to lower military on roughly 5-10 Breakdown and Fourtwenty colonies in my area (earlier called "area X"). (...)

I mentioned the colonies of their's that I was going to invade, clearly pointing out that I will trade them back if they really don't want me to have them, even though I deserve them. In the end it's their colonies, not mine.

However FourTwenty had once and for all gone too far, so I didn't trade any more colonies
That would sum it up.

You sir, are a solar seller. If you wanted those cols, that did not belong to you, all you had to do was ask (mail?) or ultimately leave the corp and invade them straight up. You chose the lower, easier road and turned off the solar.

SnakeEyes

Post by SnakeEyes » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:01 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:Some dates are wrong 11th has only been around for like 1 year 3 monthish
There was another 11th before this one.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:04 pm

CrazyChef wrote:
breakdown wrote:I was egotistical to ask for colonies back that the entire corp spend time invading during a war? That is I love puppies, total and complete nonsense, inactive or not doesn't make a difference. You had no right to sell those solars and deserve to be on the list from what I remember. If you want a corpmate's colony that is in your area you can ask for it; to take it upon yourself to sell the solars and change ownership is a messed up thing under any circumstances.
QFT

agreed
SnakeEyes wrote:
Saber-Fury wrote:Some dates are wrong 11th has only been around for like 1 year 3 monthish
There was another 11th before this one.
Correct, which I played and thereby know that the 11th being described in the post is the new one

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:28 pm

That's how long ago this took place. I played that server for a relatively short amount of time before TOR came along.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:44 am

Barefoot wrote:
That's how long ago this took place. I played that server for a relatively short amount of time before TOR came along.
w/e fun said something like 3 years lol

Major

Post by Major » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:24 pm

-4Fun wrote:
Your post proves my assumption. Even after I clearly explained that I put way more effort into those cols and that without me you would've lost them and more, you are not able to see the effort I put into them. Additionatlly you put me in the same category as backstabbers.
What happened to you...
couldn't you /mail your corp a time/place to meet for the transfer of said colonies. I know I would have no problem giving a bunch to my corp cleaner during my inactivity.

just taking them from your corpmates, inactive or not, isn't the best way to go about something of this nature. it is the shittiest way in fact.

my perspective is: selling a corpmates solar, without their knowledge, to transfer ownership, whether 1 or 100, is the same...under ANY circumstances.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:36 am

GRAWRG. wrote:i didnt read past like, 5 lines. all i gotta say is.. you shouldnt be corping with people who take angry's word for fact..

I'm a lying sack of sh!t?

Funny I'm one of the few in this game that actually shows respect for other players and does not participate in solar selling bull. Get your facts straight GRAWRG before you shoot your mouth off.

Don't EVER call me the liar, that's reserved for 95% of the people that play this game.

As far as you barefoot, I take a week off and come back to find out that your own corpie... Jaina sold your solars and shut off the defenses so HER cols wouldn't get invaded. Nobody told her to do it, she did it to save her own sorry azz. If it wasn't us taking the cols someone else would have. Nobody put her up to it.
Don't blame me as I was not even around nor my corpies for invading your colonies, blame Jaina for being a greedy player and not respectful of his/her corpmate colonies. Again, get your facts straight.

And you 4-Fun, you did sell your corpmates solars to get the colonies back and yes indeed we did do some invading together one night. But you proved to be a egotistical baby about the whole thing and at the time you were playing 20 hours a day. Half the day was one personality and the other half was another. I always suspected two people were playing your account but to be truthful I never really cared. Don't try to talk your way out of actions you did a year ago to satisfy your own ego.

I'm not the one with sh!tty corpies, you people are. I have been corped with the same people for years and added a few along the way. We never have any ego problems about who owns the most amount of colonies or who invades or caps the colonies the most. It's a game that is meant to provide enjoyment. Sorry but I have complete faith in all of my corpies, I wish other people that play the game could have such a great bunch of guys to play the game with as I do.

I've tryed very hard to convince toonces to put a stop to the solar selling, shutting off defenses nonsense. Again not my fault he has no wish to do anything to fix the problem.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:51 am

-4Fun wrote:
Major wrote:couldn't you /mail your corp a time/place to meet for the transfer of said colonies. I know I would have no problem giving a bunch to my corp cleaner during my inactivity.
just taking them from your corpmates, inactive or not, isn't the best way to go about something of this nature. it is the shittiest way in fact.
my perspective is: selling a corpmates solar, without their knowledge, to transfer ownership, whether 1 or 100, is the same...under ANY circumstances.
Firstly, taking a very few cols from corpmates isn't "the shittiest way in fact", that's maybe the worst you can think of. And if that's the worst that has happened to you in your starport career, then I'm very happy for you.

Now there's another thing I didn't further explain.
I was under pressure to do something about those colonies. All I said was that there was a war upcoming.
The war with Dead-Risin (Booga Booga) was inevitable. Fortunately I wasn't solo, I was about to team up with Bartimaeus and vh04x (Illuminati). I didn't know how strong they are, but have a look at the odds. I knew of Dead-Risin to have at least 6 active players. Additonally I knew they'd get help if they wanted or needed, knowing they have been finding friends with their "we invade the BBQ out of anyone" attitude. They say "Expect the best, calculate with worst case". So I was there, looking at an army of 6-12 invaders who have had experience at team invading together. To my left, vh04x. To my right, Bartimaeus. Active players indeed, but mainly builders. No skill, no activity, no amount of tokens could make up for these odds. They called us "an easy cookie".
How could I ever win this situation? With flawless strategy and tactics, the Guerilla strategy. Don't face the enemy, but trap him into situation where you have better odds, even though you're outnumbered. Let them invade us, we couldn't stand a fight. So when they were online and invading, I ignored them or bought some runner mods to sololy delay them for a bit. Waste an hour of my time, waste an hour of each of them making up for a total 6-8 hours wasted where they could've invaded.
But I only have so much time to play. What can I do when I'm offline? They take any layout without problems. I needed to slow them down anyhow, and don't give them any fun invading us. How could I achieve that?
A simple solution: They invade for invading's sake. All the colony related stuff doesn't really interest them. A great achievement to them is taking 20 or more colonies an evening. I had really good colonies (mostly 8shot120's with negative polution), but I left close to no defences and nukes in the weapons factory. If I can't win, then at least I can make draw or a small loss.
If you wondered why this even matters, here's the short answer: My inactive corpies' colonies were mostly filled with weapons from inactivity. If they had invaded only 1 of them it would've been party-time. Some of those provided defences and nukes for 4-5 colonies.
So I had to chose: Lick Dead-Risin's asses, even though I disrespect the way they play and the way they had been treating me, in order to avoid a war? Fight a war with colonies that are time bombs? Sell the wf's? Ask my corpies about selling the wf before I actually do it? Give up and come back to play with what I have left? Or borrow the colonies from my corpies who won't need them meanwhile?
Well today I'd more likely go for "Jet wf if time's short". But I was convinced that I deserve those colonies, and I knew I needed to do something about them. So I took them personally and sent my corpies a mail about it, sayingf that I will give them back if they wanted. I did not try to let them die to polution, I did not hire someone to capture the colonies for me (well for a very few I did, but I informed my corp on that he's working for me). I honestly told them what I was thinking and what my intention was. I was disappointed they didn't understand after what I had done for the corp, and they did know I was about to war a strong corp.
I am still convinced that I would've deserved those colonies, nevertheless I gave them more than I took from them. I bet they still own most of these great colonies.
Whenever I had quit before, or only taken a short break, I traded all colonies to friends and corpies. Meshuggah got at least 200 colonies from me on Classics, moderately speaking. If I include the colonies that we invaded together and that I alays traded to him if I had capped it, then it will probably be a number bigger than 300. Meshuggah is a nice nice guy indeed, but he has his weaknesses. In my experience, ungratefulness is the worst. I hope he reads this and sees how important 5-10 colonies can be to others.

Anyway I'm happy that nowadays I can chose the best players and real life characters to roll with.
As for the solar selling, those who know me will understand.
I can never keep every player off talking bad of me and spreading rumours. Whenever possible I don't face them with their bad deeds. I can only provide rebuttals.
As for those who don't understand what I've done but don't spread bad rumours about me either: "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"
There has been happening so much worse. I can proudly say that this is the worst I've ever done.
Can you?

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:57 am

-4Fun wrote:CrazyChef, stop spamming topics. Hardly anyone agrees anyway. Sometimes it's funny, usually it's just spam.

You're mad we pwned you so you try to damage my image whenever you can. Go in a corner and cry, but by offending others, nobody will help you!

dtox got over losing, he even was so nice to thank me for "being gentleman". Now why can't you even get over it in a way that is at least enough that will keep you off trying to offend others?

There actually is a lot of truth in the pic. So besides of the miles of spam, and the attempt to offend, there is at least something good.
I can not change what you do, but I can defend myself by not even caring about these low-level deeds. And I can show others that we don't depend on such nonsense that is only made to push your ego by focussing on other people's weaknesses.

I have always been talking about my weaknesses and I stand up for what I have done, I can forgive myself for doing mistakes and I will use them to learn from them for the future.
CrazyChef, were you ever able to admit any weakness?
When will you be able to accept and stand up tall for losing against me and the rest of the crew?
How ignorant do you have to be to post a pic on a topic of a player that is gone for some time, even after he clearly advises you not to reply if you don't care?
I proudly agree with CC on this one

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:12 am

CC is right here. when I played on old GA after almost a straight year of Gl being a complete prick to me i ended up being in one of the Jugger corps he was in, loads of people hated him including me because of how he harassed me so i backstabbed that corp and sold solars (focusing on his solars) even if the motive behind the act is good (he deserved it in my opinion) or maybe your just rationalizing the motive is good, the fact is I still sold solars.

so yes you ARE a solar seller.

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:18 am

-4Fun wrote:I didn't sell solars, I shut some down. Additonally I traded them back.

I'm not like you, I didn't take those colonies out of greed or even, like you did, to damage someone.

As for CC... I'm happy to hear that I don't even need to be rude. Karma gets 'em all!
Oh sorry, you shut them down. Are you retarded? thats what solar sellers do, what retard would actually sell the solar, they just set it at 0, cap, and turn it on again. If you didn't take them out of greed, you wouldn't have taken them at all.

You

Are

A

Solar

Seller

Deal

With

IT

Major

Post by Major » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:36 am

Cloud1 wrote:I'm sorry but 4fun is not a solar seller, If he was than matt wouldn't of got gold.

Matt trusted him with his colonys, he gave him his password and everything to go in and out.

4fun is a great helper and trusted.

I was Bagofpoop in that bang I think lol...

It's ok 4fun, haters will hate and try to ruin your reputation. They will do anything to have the advantage, and is jealous of your skill.

Stick with the people who you trust and the people who trust you, war the people who don't and prove your skill to them.

4fun probably worked hard to keep the dieing colonys alive using his fuel, If you haven't logged on for awhile and colonys were dieing anyways, why not just take them and use them for good use. 5-10 colonys is not greedy, If he was a true solar seller he would of sold them all and take it.

I'm never paranoid to bring in new players, or people I don't know, because how do you know if there going to sell or not, in my experience I never say don't back stab or else, it would make you threating them and more angry, most likley to actually do it.

Don't blame the person, blame the game from lack of programing to prevent solars being sold and the new layouts that are impossible to invade.
Espionage is used as a last resort if they can't beat the enemy using brute force.

you should heavily edit your post.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:43 am

Honestly, I don't get the point of this whole thread.

4Fun makes a post bringing up his past about selling solars, then denies that he is a solar seller, then argue back and forth....?
Am I missing something?

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:00 am

So if your intentions are good, in your own eyes, and you sell solars, then you aren't a solar seller?
:roll:

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:00 pm

-4Fun wrote:I didn't sell solars, I shut some down. Additonally I traded them back.

I'm not like you, I didn't take those colonies out of greed or even, like you did, to damage someone.

As for CC... I'm happy to hear that I don't even need to be rude. Karma gets 'em all!
Doesnt matter if you sold them or turned them off its the same thing, (i turned off solars also) and as for you not taking them out of greed lets consider that line of logic for a second.

Person A had something you rationalized belonged to you, so you go behind person A's back and sabatoge what you want, to make it easy for you to easily steal it away from person A.

If taking something from somebody because you feel entitled to it/ want it really bad then I dont know what a textbook definition of greed is.

and as to prove cloud1 is wrong murder is murder no matter how or why you kill someone. the same is true with solar sabatoge.

Golab36

Post by Golab36 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:29 pm

Wow, you guys really got fired up over this... instead of calling players solar sellers. Call them honest and dishonest for christ sakes. Cloud brings up some very valid points as to why the current definition of solar seller is too damn vague. There are many different reasons to sell a solar cannon, some good and some bad... those who do it for a generally good reason shouldn't be classified as dishonest players... but those who sell solars for bad reasons such as revenge or to help a friend cap a col more easily from one of his enemies should be classified as dishonest and should never be trusted.

So the only problem I see here is the definition or terminology of the word or words that are being used or should be used.

My son Tommy got banned because he kept going through a warp point in space and two morons were emping him and they stated he was hacking somehow. All Tommy was doing was avoiding a kill shot from either player... now if these two players had any brains at all they would have stationed themselves on both warp points and then kill him and see he wasn't cheating... but no, they decided to fight over the kill and they both missed. Does that make Tommy a cheater? Not at all, it just goes to show you that a 13 year old out-smarted some older kids by playing them against one another over a kill.

A few times when I playing I got caught on trap cols and as soon as I came back into space there was a CEO ship with a tractor and a boatload of lasers to kill me... is it a nasty trick to do... sure. But in no way is it dishonest... its simply another way to kill someone.

I guess my point is that there is honorable and dishonorable ways to go about doing things on this game... its up to the players to decide what that is. But my suggestion is clearly define things or change the terminology to not sound so general.

But I will say this... I love it when CrazyChef is a smart donkey on here... makes me laugh.

Golabulus(Rangers all the way!!)

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:10 pm

-4Fun wrote:Firstly, fortunately you aren't a judge.

That post should make us think if jury's of random inhabits can actually find a good decision... Well let's hope you're not of legal age already so you won't be elctec for being part of a jury.

As for the rest... well if you really want to see it as a bad thing, then sure you will always find a blemish on a fruit.

the point of a jury is not to decide whether or not a crime was justified, their sole purpose is to decide whether or not the person on trial comitted the crime. If your going to use a real world example to bolster your (wrong) opinion, make sure you have a clue as to what your talking about.

Please don't vote or voice your opinion in any kind of public forum, or you might get people to believe what you say, and that could be very damaging.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:14 pm

-4Fun wrote:Hey Lord.Sturm, I think I just figured out why you're so mad.
Were you with Kiny/Jamie on Orion?
Well if so: I had already asked vAvy to stop invading you. But the same day, Jamie threatened us but saying she'd bring a bunch load of players there, including dragonz.
So don't blame us for invading you, blame your CEO.
1) I don't think he's with them.

2) Instead of responding to his cripplingly valid point, you changed the subject. fail :roll:

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Well if so: I had already asked vAvy to stop invading you. But the same day, Jamie threatened us but saying she'd bring a bunch load of players there, including dragonz.

I trust 4fun to the fullest a number of times he has been in my Corp just to clean or help fix colony layouts and not once did he ever turn off any solars or reduce them in any way, however I cannot seeing fun turning off solars or reducing them for his personnel gain, but if I were in his position just like every other player on this game they would have done the same I don't give a hug who u r, if u r in a Corp with innactives and your the only one
Left running the show I know for a fact u would take as much as you could, but ppl just dnt understand ornappreciate the months work umput in while there all inactive for no reason or just plain I love puppies but I know for a fact fun is a helpful if anything player and completely trustworthy so long as you r air and honest with him he would no backstab in anyway :mrgreen: I was on the last igh with him and others and be use mu work load increased in r/l they carried me as much as they could, set my solars and cols to maximum without making much pollutionnand they helped secure me a silver but imdropped down to bronze to help a friend keep his bronze so as much as u guys like to have a I love you man! about some players fun is not a topic worth talking about as I'm sure there are plenty of players who would back him up or claim he's a good fella, so come on guys lets talk about something worth while yh? :mrgreen: like who wants to sexually abuse lord.strum or knock tickle dragonz's tonsils with a meat stick :lol: :lol: :(

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:23 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:
1) I don't think he's with them.

2) Instead of responding to his cripplingly valid point, you changed the subject. fail :roll:
Saber your a I love you man! :D

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:23 pm

-4Fun wrote:Well if there really is that many people who don't understand why, here's the explanation:

The laws and forms of punishment are not to do bad to a criminal, as in "an eye for an eye", that's only what kids sometimes think.
The laws were made for for a harmonical living together. If someone breaks a law, then there is a certain consequence.
I you didn't actually harm anyone but only did something that is potentially risky for yourself and others, e.g. driving too fast, you will only be punished with a small fee.

Now what he was talking about is murder.
At first, murder isn't always murder. There's so many forms how one can make another die, just to name a very few (using the dictionary): actual murder; murder by negligence; grievous bodily harm resulting in death; a fatal accident.
And now why is LordStorm so wrong? Because he's not saying what he thinks how bad it is, but he's changing the charge. He says murder is murder, even there is a quite a few ways in which one can make another die without being punished by a judge. (e.g. someone runs into your back with a knife in his hand, you automatically, out of fear, hit to the back and run away. The backstabber falls in a bad way and gets injured by the knife, in the end dies due to high blood loss.).
Now what he was talking about is an emble for solar selling. And again, solar selling isn't solar selling. Apearently LordSturm did not rad Cloud1's and Golabulus' messages, since they already explained that.
And so did I in my posts, I explained why and how this happened. (btw, this is also why saying "excuses" absolutely doesn't fit in here.)
This all changes the facts that must be taken in content to see what the charge should be called.

Another fact is that he compares solar selling to murder, which is another poor emble.

Furthermore, speaking of the law and criminals, prison wasn't made to be bad to crimnials. Sending criminals to prison is forcing them to take a time off to start thinking about life and their place in life. Giving them the possibility to find a way back to legal deeds, and maybe even better. Moreover they are (and in some coutnries) should be supported to help finding a way to deal with life where they can they can use their strengths to be productive for the comunity. The sooner a criminal realises that he has done something wrong and is willing to make up for his mistake, the sooner he will be left out to normal society again.

Speaking metaphorical, I borrowed money from a friend, thinking he wouldn't need it, knowing I deserve it since I worked for it more than he did. When he said he wanted it back, I returned the money with a nice interest.

add-it: Thanks for the nice words, Jedi.

Murder. noun
1. Law . the killing of another human being under conditions specifically covered in law. In the U.S., special statutory definitions include murder committed with malice aforethought, characterized by deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime, as robbery or arson (first-degree murder), and murder by intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).

–verb (used with object)
4. Law . to kill by an act constituting murder

murder can be summarized as the UNLAWFUL taking of another persons life. murder and killing are not the same word as you seem to think they are.

but a much more easy to comprehend (since your are clearly thick headed) is to compare this to theft. Person A and person B both really like a watch that they found on the other side of a sidewalk. person B runs though 3 lanes of traffic dodging muliple cars to retrieve it, person A offers 5 dollars for it to person B. really wanting a delicious ham sammich person B accepts but later finds out he watch was a rolex and it was worth thousands of dollars. Deciding that since he did all the work to retrieve it person B breaks into person A's house and takes the watch.

even though person B risked his life to retrieve the watch and person A got a really valuable watch at only a fraction of the cost of what it was worth it's still theft.

if you cant figure out how your story is exactly the same as the one i've created your dumb.

and laws WERE created for punishment why do you think there's punitive damages awarded in some civil cases. their entire purpose as a definition is to PUNISH the indiviudal or individuals for doing what they did.

EDIT: and i never played orion with jamie or anyone else. i started there about a week ago to dork around and build some cols on it.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:31 pm

-4Fun wrote:Once again you're using the wrong scource.
Don't grab a dictionary, grab a book of laws.
There's very different charges depending on what kind of murder it was.
doesnt matter if it is premeditated murder or manslaughter someone is still dead because of your actions

But in the end, you've proven yourself wrong: murder isn't always as bad.

this makes no sense
And it doesn't even matter. Why? Because if not, then your emble of murder for solar selling is incorrect.
emble is not a word. again your arguement is i'm wrong because i'm wrong. not a valid point
You still believe your presumption was correct? Ok then you'e wrong because I did not sell solars, I shut them down temporarily.

as i have stated before solar selling = solar sabatoge (turning them off) and anyways if your entire arguement is that i am wrong because you only turned them off and didnt sell them your silly.
Arguements that are based on a wrong presumption are most likely all wrong.

this statement is true. except you have not yet proven my presumption is wrong.
Additonally, if the presumption is wrong, then definately the presumption is wrong. Which is how this all started.
this makes less sense than darth vader pouring brita filtered ocean water into a bottle.

The name "solar seller" was created when players sold solars of their corp, often to damage them on purpose, often to give someone else a benefit.

also a true statement, and also exactly what you did.

What Cloud1, Golabulus and I were talking about is exactly this: I did not intend to damage anyone, thinking they wouldn't miss 5-10 cols but would be happy I could make a better use of them.

So your saying that your corpmates didnt deserve the planets becuase you could use them better? I believe hitler had a very similar view about czechoslovakia and their countries land.

1 you lack basic english sentence structure knowlege so its very hard to figure out your point when half the sentences are basically a repeat of the previous one.

the debate here is not HOW bad of a solar seller you are. solar selling is the same as shutting them down. (you used the phrase to describe yourself first not me) you didnt intend to damage on purpose? thats a complete load of cow turd damaging their colonies ability to defend itself to make it easy for you to take is exactly what you did and for your own personal benifit. only difference here is instead of having someone else take the planet you took it yourself it seems like.

your entire agruement about charges is COMPLETELY irrelevant. The fact is you are still getting charged.