Calling it?

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MutedJazz

Calling it?

Post by MutedJazz » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:20 pm

I'll try to keep this short:

I officially ship out July 27th of this year for Basic Training and I won't be back 'til after the winter holidays. In the past month I sold my small empires on every server I played in hopes of focusing on an extended for the last stretch before I leave. The goal was to go out with a gold extended added to my profile.

I came to a conclusion today. I don't play starport for the competition, the achievement, the trophies. I play it for the laughs and group cooperation.

That being said, I started playing Big Bang with promises of support from all of my past corpmates. We were going to get me the gold.

Slowly though, all of these mates have either quit, retired, or become involved in other servers. I'm bored without someone I know with me on the server. There is nobody with who I can invade/build. It has become... tedious, dry, and boooring without my mates to spice things up.

I hereby conclude my full time starport status, cut short my goal at a gold extended, and continue only on occasion to help friends before I leave for Boot Camp.

I won't say I've quit... doubt I can officially halt the addiction. But it might be a few days/weeks between appearances onward from today. /salute to my friends and foes. This thread was created to explain my possible long term disappearance.

See you around,

KryptoniteDragon/FuManchu/Quick.Silver/Build-a-Bear/

Wise.One/Wise.Lover/

Jazz/OrJazzm.

GRAWRG.

Re: Calling it?

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:22 pm

cya buddy, GL. sorry the game got boring. its hard playing rebangs when you dont have someone fun and committed with you.

Golab36

Post by Golab36 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:32 pm

Good luck Jazz... hope ya serve your family well. I used to say serve your country, but it stopped becoming our country when the dems and repubs started screwing everything up.

Either way man, welcome to the brotherhood.

Golabulus(Rangers all the way!!)

Major

Post by Major » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:45 pm

i completely understand how you feel. I've been having the same thing going on with me recently. i know i could find you guys somewhere else, but its not the same thing.

good luck in basic. it's hard, but you will have a great time upon reflection.

any time you've been online with me or posted i've had a laugh. thanks!
cya princess.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:57 pm

So that's who Wise.One was! :wink:

I'll do an extended with you when you get back if you want :)

GL in training

-PJ

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:11 pm

MutedJazz wrote:I'll try to keep this short:

I officially ship out July 27th of this year for Basic Training and I won't be back 'til after the winter holidays. In the past month I sold my small empires on every server I played in hopes of focusing on an extended for the last stretch before I leave. The goal was to go out with a gold extended added to my profile.

I came to a conclusion today. I don't play starport for the competition, the achievement, the trophies. I play it for the laughs and group cooperation.

That being said, I started playing Big Bang with promises of support from all of my past corpmates. We were going to get me the gold.

Slowly though, all of these mates have either quit, retired, or become involved in other servers. I'm bored without someone I know with me on the server. There is nobody with who I can invade/build. It has become... tedious, dry, and boooring without my mates to spice things up.

I hereby conclude my full time starport status, cut short my goal at a gold extended, and continue only on occasion to help friends before I leave for Boot Camp.

I won't say I've quit... doubt I can officially halt the addiction. But it might be a few days/weeks between appearances onward from today. /salute to my friends and foes. This thread was created to explain my possible long term disappearance.

See you around,

KryptoniteDragon/FuManchu/Quick.Silver/Build-a-Bear/

Wise.One/Wise.Lover/

Jazz/OrJazzm.
See ya around man :wink:

Have a fun time at Boot Camp
-Fear

AKA Copler

Post by AKA Copler » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:16 am

cya jazz

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:00 am

Damnit you were wise-one? No wonder you are cutting it short, you already got one from blitz, right?

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Bjork!
Yeah I more or less stopped playging shortly after BB started. I couldn't find it in myself to keep actively playing. Shoot me an email or FB message pal! Hope you are doing well and dont do anything dumb while in the service!
:mrgreen: