complaint

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GuardianDragon

complaint

Post by GuardianDragon » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:55 pm

I don't know if this really belongs here, but it's here now.
As far as I've experienced, the people on starport aren't very nice. I good friend used names like Oscar and Olivedrab, quit only because of all the jerks in this game. I have to give credit to those few people who actually try to be nice and generous. The chat is sometimes COMPLETELY filled with swears and things relating to sex. How is Toonces EVER going to get more people and make his game successful with these people scaring everyone off. Top corps have a few hundred planets, and I've never seen someone give a planet to a newb, even if the planet was already junk, I only knew that newb for a week before he quit. I tried to get my friend to play this game, so I told him "Starport is a lot of fun, we'll get together and scout for NPC groups, find artifacts, make a corporation and just blow stuff up. We can go on blitz and really blow things up without any kind of consequence. There is only one problem, the people in the game are really mean, and most won't give you a penny. But as long as your with me you should be fine." Now, if I said this in blitz, (during the active times) SOMEONE will say something like 'you have a friend?' If I was like 10 years old, why the **** would I ever play this game again.
Look everyone, I like this game, it just need a few tweaks, I am a fan of Toonces. I'm still in school, but I'm learning how to program, I'd like to help Toonces as much as I can, but I do a whole lot. All I can do now is make give my ideas, I think hard, and I'm sure many of you noticed how I was the first person why used dual weapons (of course, no one understands why it's good,) and using Anti-gravity-bombs to keep people from getting on the dome, and using charges to hit people at the perfect time so they don't hit the dome with full energy (lag makes this hard, dang laggers). No one cares though. I have a reputation, and everyone ignores me, but I'm just trying to help, and people don't care. It's really frustrating that you know a better way of doing something but no one will.
I'm on the verge of quitting starport, I've been playing for over 2 and a half years, and I don't like quitting a game I've been with for so long. I told someone I've been playing for 2 and a half years, and they told me I was a liar, because I didn't have a high achievement and I didn't have a single medal. I play permanent servers and only play timed one's just so I can get a new beginning without keeping a new character. I've proved on blitz, if someone fights me without missles (assuming that I have a weapon to fight with(and that no one is lagging)) I can beat anyone with evasion. Come on guys, stop treating me like junk, if I'm going to spread any good ideas, I need people to trust and believe me. People don't listen to me because they are blinded, maybe by anger or jelousy. But if people keep treating me like this, I'm not giving this game any more ideas, and I won't have to say goodbye when Starport GE doesn't exist anymore.

Now...I am 16, and I've never physically said a swear in my life, and I never talk about any sex relating things. EVER. Now, how old are you, and why are you causing such a mess, I want to hear from you, I don't understand why people swear, so please...talk to me.

BardockSGE

Re: complaint

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:04 pm

Yeah all you guys are jerks. Lets all be extremely nice that way all the pokemon can happily play starport to its fullest carebear huggingness. Hugs and kisses for everyone! extra big for major and chiccy :lol:

vodkashot

Post by vodkashot » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm

Latias wrote:Now...I am 16, and I've never physically said a swear in my life, and I never talk about any sex relating things.
:shock: made me lol

On a serious note yes people are jerks on this game but doesnt every game have players like this ? Only reason you notice it so much is due to the lacking player base.

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:30 pm

If i can interpret this correctly, you are asking everyone on starport to make a 16 year old prude their behavioral model?

"ew sex!" "Ew girls" "fap fap fap fap fap"

On a side note, I believe the majority of the sexual conversations stem from a comment made by yours truly.

AKA Copler

Post by AKA Copler » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:53 pm

vodkashot wrote:
Latias wrote:Now...I am 16, and I've never physically said a swear in my life, and I never talk about any sex relating things.
:shock: made me lol

On a serious note yes people are jerks on this game but doesnt every game have players like this ? Only reason you notice it so much is due to the lacking player base.
:lol:

angelizer

Post by angelizer » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:55 pm

Well, thats what you get when you mix anonymity, half brained beings and internet access. Being nice aint the easy way, stop playing online games if you cant handle it.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:39 am

I think a lack of "Moderators" in the game has a lot to do with it tbh

SiN

Post by SiN » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:45 am

Good old two step... how is that kid doin anyways?

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:09 am

Might have something to do with the lovable admin we have
Toonces wrote: Because you touch yourself at night
And our community has always been like this, even leading up to its pinnacle. There is a decent cut of the population who helps newbs, you have just been asking all the wrong people. If you have been acting condecending, thats not going to get you very far, if you get into fights with aggressive vets, you are really not helping yourself. Frankly, I'm sorry to say, but there are a very select group of people that this game appeals to, and these people are:
Generally relatively smart (steep learning curve of the game suggests this)
Unaffected by vulgarity
People who like to take out aggression via invading and fighting
People who like to build things
People who like management games
People who can show both great generousity or great cruelty depending on the situation. If newbs find me when im well off on an old server, ill give ya starting cash and tips, on a new server, tips only, if i see your cols ill probably invade you, and on a rebang, very limited tips, may even hug with ya to give me an advantage to win.

A friend of mine once said, you can separate all the players of starport into 5 categories, the males into 3, and the females into 2.
Male:
Hothead - like caine, CC, funk
Level headed - like 4fun, angelizer,
Happy-go-lucky - like major, jazz, JC

Female:
Lunatic - GRAWRG, Liz, meliza, Jen, mew
Sane - bigmeat, monica, peanutz, -sky-

EDIT: New names for the categories
And new subcategories
Hothead - Total jackass, and hyper aggressive
Level Headed- Peaceful, and chill
Happy-go-lucky- smartass, dumbass, wiseass
Lunatic- bipolar, and I love you man!
Sane- Gentle, and energetic-but-not-lunatic
Last edited by Henry on Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Major

Post by Major » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:52 am

we all know what olivedrab and his teenage boy clan were up to.

...also the only real chick you listed is jazz.
Last edited by Major on Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manilla

Post by Manilla » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 am

don't forget the burn it all down morty attitude :)

we aren't nice get used to it. come on golden age and play a bit, mail me your locations and i'll take them so you have no reason to play then we don't have to read your boo hoo you guys are mean crap and maybe you'll grow some testicles (at the age of 16) man up and put up a decent fight.

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:15 am

wow you guys post fast.
Yes Vockashot, every game has jerks like this, it's just that in this game you can't get away from them, it seems starport has many more than other games.
No, I'm not asking you all be act like 16 year olds, I don't care how old you are or how old your acting, I just want you guys to be kinder.
Yea, a lack of Moderators could be a reason, and Toonces doesn't enforce anything about this anyway.
Henry, Who's your friend?
And dave, I didn't think I said anything about PvP, even though all the mean people are often in the same corp and try to do something sneaky and gang up to kill someone, I was just talking about the people. not the fighting (many get to that latter though ;))
don't forget the burn it all down morty attitude :)

we aren't nice get used to it. come on golden age and play a bit, mail me your locations and i'll take them so you have no reason to play then we don't have to read your boo hoo you guys are mean crap and maybe you'll grow some testicles (at the age of 16) man up and put up a decent fight.
What is this. This is what I'm talking about, people like you Manilla don't care about a single person.
And bardock, I actually use the name Viper now.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:31 am

I protest Monica being in the 'gentle' category

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:50 am

this is... wow

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:33 pm

Henry wrote:Might have something to do with the lovable admin we have
And our community has always been like this, even leading up to its pinnacle. There is a decent cut of the population who helps newbs, you have just been asking all the wrong people. If you have been acting condecending, thats not going to get you very far, if you get into fights with aggressive vets, you are really not helping yourself. Frankly, I'm sorry to say, but there are a very select group of people that this game appeals to, and these people are:
Unaffected by vulgarity
People who can show both great generousity or great cruelty depending on the situation. If newbs find me when im well off on an old server, ill give ya starting cash and tips, on a new server, tips only, if i see your cols ill probably invade you, and on a rebang, very limited tips, may even hug with ya to give me an advantage to win.

A friend of mine once said, you can separate all the players of starport into 5 categories, the males into 3, and the females into 2.
Male:
Smart donkey - like major, jazz, JC

Female:
Gentle - bigmeat, monica, peanutz, -sky-
roflmao Monica and sky in the same listing as bigmeat. :shock:

captainjf

Post by captainjf » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:06 pm

Latias,

I am going to be completely honest with you. No matter how hard you try or how hard you want stuff to change, it won't happen. As you can see from the replies to your post, no one in this game really gives a crap about newbies or giving respect to those who just want to play this game for fun and want a conversation instead of seeing "fap fap fap fap" come up all the time. I have quit the game twice now and I have quit because the player base, for lack of a better term, sucks. You can do what you want to, but all I'm saying is that they will probably just continue to mock you.

V/r,

captainjf

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:21 pm

for starters lol not every1 are jerks, i can go to several servers and wread, comment and get involved in decent converstation, but ur 16 lad.... come on when i was sixteen it was all about gettin laid, smoking weed, telling ur parents ur goin to ur mates to study and goin off to town with ur fake I.D. but seriously ur telling me now theres a problem with what ppl say? heres some advice ... its a game not r/l it doesnt matter what b1tches say to u just laugh and dont care, then when ppl see u dnt care they might stop a bit but we were all there just that we didnt care and this is why its not brought up cus no 1 cares wht others say they have there life outside of sge..... u are in some serious need of help..... GET A GIRLFRIEND.... or go buy one of those blow up dolls... i hear major stocks a few for those who get stressed out with starport quite frequently :lol:

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm

Jedi wrote:for starters lol not every1 are jerks, i can go to several servers and wread, comment and get involved in decent converstation, but ur 16 lad.... come on when i was sixteen it was all about gettin laid, smoking weed, telling ur parents ur goin to ur mates to study and goin off to town with ur fake I.D. but seriously ur telling me now theres a problem with what ppl say? heres some advice ... its a game not r/l it doesnt matter what b1tches say to u just laugh and dont care, then when ppl see u dnt care they might stop a bit but we were all there just that we didnt care and this is why its not brought up cus no 1 cares wht others say they have there life outside of sge..... u are in some serious need of help..... GET A GIRLFRIEND.... or go buy one of those blow up dolls... i hear major stocks a few for those who get stressed out with starport quite frequently :lol:
not mentioning no names *cough* altair

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:26 pm

Major wrote:...also the only real chick you listed is jazz. the others are overweight men named Henry in mom's basement.
I admit to being a smartass. But you can't put Major and I in the same category. There are actually three types of starportian Asses.

The smartass: makes intellectually humorous comments by twisting the words of others. Seen as "comical." (Jazz)

The Jackass: Pick the annoying chia pet that isn't even funny (anito)

The Dumbass: Major. Has no skill and is....just....stupid...

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:49 pm

Latias wrote:Now...I am 16, and I've never physically said a swear in my life, and I never talk about any sex relating things. EVER.
This concerns me. That isn't normal.

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:19 pm

I edited my post to suit everyone's concerns

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:13 pm

lol. well sky was corped with big a lot wasnt she? i never considered big that good of a player, sky was just crazier and seemingly less intelligent.
monica isnt gentle either.. slutty maybe? but i dont kill random newbs flying through my system...

what else? oh, your entire post is just mass confusion latias. if you have a reputation, and everyone just ignores what you say, your reputation must not be that you're intelligent? just because you think you're the first person to using weapons to cap a col doesnt mean you have make good points and that everyone should listen to you? additionally, you implied that it was wrong that none of the players would give new players cash? there are plenty of players that give newbs cash, and even if they didnt, thats perfectly fine.. when you start a game, you should expect to earn your money. what game have you ever played where BBQ is just given to you? defeats the purpose of playing.

what elseee. guess thats it basically. we're mean. no one gets on a game to blow BBQ up to be nice. and if anyone should be in the lunatic category, its hellion. thats one crazy hugging canadian.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:17 pm

MutedJazz wrote:
Major wrote:...also the only real chick you listed is jazz. the others are overweight men named Henry in mom's basement.
I admit to being a smartass. But you can't put Major and I in the same category. There are actually three types of starportian Asses.

The smartass: makes intellectually humorous comments by twisting the words of others. Seen as "comical." (Jazz)

The Jackass: Pick the annoying chia pet that isn't even funny (anito)

The Dumbass: Major. Has no skill and is....just....stupid...
Okay okay, hold on a second.. And I'm going to let ya finish. But Major.Arse was the greatest dumbass of all time! ALL TIME! /hug

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:43 pm

ok, you guys are posting really really fast.
First, I'm a clean person who likes nature, and I use the natural things in life. When I'm sick I would prefer medical herbs because it's amazing what life gives me (and no, I'm no were close to being poor), I just can't because I just don't live in a place were there are any herbs at all, so I have to use these drugs that I don't like using. For proof that I like using natural things, I made a thread about "eyesight" that everyone put me down on.
You guys may not care about the newbies, but I, and I'm sure Toonces, do care.
I Don't care how much you mock me, people in school did that a lot until I proved them they were all stupid for not listening. And the few who still picked on me after that once tried to hit me. lolz, it was their worst mistake. No one who know's me will mock me, I have a title as "Ninja" in the school. Still a nice person, but they know what I'm capable of.
Yes, I am 16, and I've been forced to used to all this disgusting talk about sex, but I refuse to give into it.
yes Barefoot, I know I'm not normal, I don't know a single person like me. I am aware. And by what I see, being a pervert won't get you through anything in life.
I don't know what you guys do, but every time I see a new user log in (not often anymore) I always do a /t saying hello and I ask if they need help or training. As far as I know, others just say welcome, even still, some people don't even do that.
Grawrg, I'm not saying people should listen to me, but just at least try to respect what my thoughts. So I can help the starport community, without attracting everyone just to say how bad my ideas are. and yes, I don't expect people to give a lot of money, but if they've been playing a long time without getting anywere, I think they need a boost. I always give my best advice to a newb, hoping they will pass on some idea, but often, I get a mail that they quit and that the people on the game suck, in all caps, I never hear from them again.
Anything else? What's wrong with just helping out a bit? I don't understand how a normal person is, as much as I've studied people, I jsut don't understand why people do what they do. I know that people do what they want, but I don't know why they want to do what they do. Saw someone is class yesterday chewing something called "Snuff"? I searched, and they first thing I think is. "why."

I've been giving Toonces ideas through by doing /idea, so when I say something here, it won't be put down immediately. But I want to say things here so if I making a mistake in my idea people can help me fix it. Unlike what people are doing now, which is just telling me how wrong it is with out bothering to help starport GE.

Henry

Post by Henry » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:58 am

GRAWRG. wrote:lol. well sky was corped with big a lot wasnt she? i never considered big that good of a player, sky was just crazier and seemingly less intelligent.
monica isnt gentle either.. slutty maybe? but i dont kill random newbs flying through my system...

what else? oh, your entire post is just mass confusion latias. if you have a reputation, and everyone just ignores what you say, your reputation must not be that you're intelligent? just because you think you're the first person to using weapons to cap a col doesnt mean you have make good points and that everyone should listen to you? additionally, you implied that it was wrong that none of the players would give new players cash? there are plenty of players that give newbs cash, and even if they didnt, thats perfectly fine.. when you start a game, you should expect to earn your money. what game have you ever played where BBQ is just given to you? defeats the purpose of playing.

what elseee. guess thats it basically. we're mean. no one gets on a game to blow BBQ up to be nice. and if anyone should be in the lunatic category, its hellion. thats one crazy hugging canadian.
i said -sky- not sky

SiN

Post by SiN » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:41 am

Latias after the first few times you shove some stuff up your donkey you'll get used to dirty talk and learn to like it. :D

teyla

Post by teyla » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:31 am

hug man sex is great. u should talk about it freely to everyone. i mean i once had a 4 hour long conversation on a train about sex with some random girl sat next to me.
i really dont get why people see sex and nudity as discusting. u say u like nature there is nothing more natural than being a nudist. i am 18 and i have spent most of my life without clothes i hate wearing them. and if anyone has had sex in the woods or in the park in daylight they will know how amazing it is :)

EDIT r u a man or woman i dont remember seeing

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Henry wrote:Might have something to do with the lovable admin we have
Unaffected by vulgarity

Male:
Happy-go-lucky - like major, jazz, JC

Female:
Sane - bigmeat, monica, peanutz, -sky-

EDIT: New names for the categories
And new subcategories
Hothead - Total jackass, and hyper aggressive
Level Headed- Peaceful, and chill
Happy-go-lucky- smartass, dumbass, wiseass
Lunatic- bipolar, and I love you man!
Sane- Gentle, and energetic-but-not-lunatic
Hello smoothblade :lol:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:54 pm

lol jep. howdy cheesy.

and whadddddddafuckkkk. you're 16, have been playing sge for years, and dunno what snuff is? id call you sheltered, but tbh, you'd have to be blind and deaf as well. eh, to be fair i dont think ive heard snuff mentioned before on sge? but you'd still have to be blind and deaf not to have heard of it before.

anyway, what else? OH. okay. well idk about everyone else, but i dont respect stupid ideas. i can respect the effort you keep putting in to post all the stupid ideas? but i cant respect the stupid ideas themselves? sorry.

and you dont play anymore do you?

edit: is there a difference between sky and -sky-? and which one of those is sky. ? something is bothering me. -sky- could possibly have been a good old player from.. p2? but that was around when i first started, so by good i mean "lots of exp and followers". i could still be thinking of someone else though.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:33 pm

teyla wrote:hug man sex is great. u should talk about it freely to everyone. i mean i once had a 4 hour long conversation on a train about sex with some random girl sat next to me.
i really dont get why people see sex and nudity as discusting. u say u like nature there is nothing more natural than being a nudist. i am 18 and i have spent most of my life without clothes i hate wearing them. and if anyone has had sex in the woods or in the park in daylight they will know how amazing it is :)

EDIT r u a man or woman i dont remember seeing
What a creeper.