Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

JesusRocks765

The Orion Spur (New Perma)

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:15 pm

General Discussion Page about this Great new Mod Perma :D

Stealth_

Re: The Orion Spur (New Perma)

Post by Stealth_ » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:17 pm

I like the map, big and not alot of arms.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:47 pm

runescape is starting to look pretty good right about now

wtf are you doing, toonces??

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:54 pm

the sad thing is, that now people like the ones above actually WANT more permas when the player base is still very small. They take pleasure in building meaningless, stagnant, empires on these uncompetitive servers, and often they use tokens to do so; Thus the vicious cycle will keep repeating.....

The population of every other server combined besides GA could probably fit in a huge map like Herc, why the heck are people glad about more permas???

vodkashot

Post by vodkashot » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:05 pm

ROFL

Does he not understand that releasing perma's is why he has had a decrease in players over the last few years. It doesn't take a genius to work out that more perma's and mods have practically killed the game. I understand that he wants to make money and he realises that releasing perma's means players will buy tokens, but very soon he isn't going to have a game to make him money.

The way the game is atm he should really listen to the majority of the players rather than listening to the minority ( CGhunter) who cant play servers such as GA because they cant keep up with the competition. He should delete most of the perma's keeping a mod and a pre mod one. Then give players half the followers they had on a server which had been deleted, this would then keep players interested because they wouldn't have to start all over again. This way all the players will be in one server and will have to buy tokens to buy igs and keep up with the competition. Admittedly he will lose players by doing this but they will just be the ones who play dead perma's, and surely its better to lose a small amount of players than the majority.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:17 pm

its 6 pm EST. 15 people on orion, 26 on GA.

that should say it all... the community does NOT LIKE THIS AND ITS hugging STUPID.

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Lol, Crash and burn babeh, crash and burn.

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 pm

Too many people bought tokens already. And when that happened on RoP when it accidentally rebanged Toonces said "oh well."

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:40 pm

Dave34 wrote:This is an April fools prank, Toonces will delete this new server by tomorrow folks.
MutedJazz wrote:Too many people bought tokens already. And when that happened on RoP when it accidentally rebanged Toonces said "oh well."
What I would like to see him do is delete it (maybe after a few more days), and have everyone who bought tokens there quit. Toonces would get his intitial cash surge, and it would weed out the people who just want another perma that spreads the competition thin :)

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 pm

you cant refund the tokens like whoever said..

i sure wish it was an april fools joke though..

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:22 am

It could be, But Im pretty sure the April Fools Joke was the +3 Dex in all servers...
Why change that after years? :lol:

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:26 am

thats a really good idea pj. but im not gonna get my hopes up xD

and jesus.. im too tired for this..

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:28 am

ok, get back on Subject - This is the Page for this Server's General Discussion, not the "GRAWRG's Fatigue Monitor" :D

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:40 am

woot go elite force and krucia1 :wink:

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:41 am

Dont Forget ReAcTiOn :D

Nice to see you AP

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:54 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:Dont Forget ReAcTiOn :D

Nice to see you AP
from the looks of it that'll be top 3 for the time being :wink:

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:21 am

elite force and krucia1 >:D!!!

Voltage

Post by Voltage » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:52 am

i HAVE 2 SES THERE caps sry :)

Henry

Post by Henry » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:25 am

Voltage wrote:i HAVE 2 SES THERE caps sry :)

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:20 am

Funny all day GA had more people on it then the new server. Only people on it are the nubs that cryed for it here. How many other dead mod servers do we already have?

This new one will be dead in a month tops. Why not work on things in the admiral club that people would feel worth buying with tokens then banging new perma's?
The majority of the community that still plays told you no new permas but yet you want to spread the player base even thinner.

It's nobody's fault the nubs don't have the skills to play a real server like GA. The game thrived for many years without mod servers and don't you seem to get it by now that the people that have supported your game for years really can't stomach mod servers. Take a class in business and understand that it is the customer that dictates the direction of your business not ideas that nobody but yourself likes. It's counterproductive in this day and age with all the competition in the video game world to formally say F-You to your customers that have enjoyed and supported the game for many years.

Mod servers did not help this game in anyway, all they did was cause people to quit in disgust. I never saw a massive increase in the player base once mods came out. Please tell us did your bank account from token sales surge because of it? We continued to play the game because we had no other choice. Then we asked and got GA. I'd say GA was a huge success and was a push in the right direction. The same mistake is being repeated with making more permas.

If you want to do something drastic then combine whats left of the players onto two servers, one no mod and the other mod.
Now would be the perfect time to do it. Combine TOR and GA then combine the rest of the dead mod servers and keep a few rebangs. The more players on a perma the more conflicts we have thus token sales go up due to wars and colony maintenance.

We all understand times are tough for everyone and as a community we want this game to succeed in the long run but in the direction it's going I really don't think it will last more then a year. And that would be a shame to such a epic game that so many of us have grown to love and adapt to over the years go to waste over a dev's ego vs a tried and true business model.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:53 pm

WeGotDeathStar wrote:If you want to do something drastic then combine whats left of the players onto two servers, one no mod and the other mod.
Now would be the perfect time to do it. Combine TOR and GA then combine the rest of the dead mod servers and keep a few rebangs. The more players on a perma the more conflicts we have thus token sales go up due to wars and colony maintenance.
Yes, this is a good idea, The new permas arent the problem, it's the dead ones that are wasting money

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:24 pm

i posted about what angry said earlier. never in the past did any servers online player count exceed that of the new server. the fact that GA had at least 7 more people online all day than orion on its first day out should send a serious message to toonces. this is not what we want...

no more new permas, kthxbai.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:19 pm

Still wondering why permas are deleted but more added?

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:31 am

same here CC. and i just checked a server other than GA for once.. and noticed the +3 dex people have been talking about? okay, we could use more dex on no-mod servers so that nukes are dodgable, but why the hug is there +3 dex on mod servers?!?!?! am i missing something..?

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:32 am

lol the +3 Dex is here to Stay! :D

No April Fools joke and the New Perma is here to Stay - now If you want to Post about how much you hate the new perma, make a new post and Get the Hell off it's General Discussion Page! :D

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:30 am

Why does a mod server need 3 dex more, you can already outrun nukes with flights. This should have been added to a no-mod server. Makes no sense to me.

Major

Post by Major » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:35 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:
WeGotDeathStar wrote:If you want to do something drastic then combine whats left of the players onto two servers, one no mod and the other mod.
Yes, this is a good idea, The new permas arent the problem, it's the dead ones that are wasting money
I think you're missing the point. Dead permas Aren't the problem...lack of player base is. ...and maybe new permas aren't the answer.
...but can anyone do better? None of us knows what a server costs the admins....so drop that. its speculation.

Let the folks moan!

It doesn't hurt anyone actually and doesn't change anything ever. No need to get twisted on the old folks whining for the glory days. I do it all the time. Wanna know why new guy? Cause I had a blast then!!!

I put up with 5 years of one of the oldest players calling Boundless the "Newb Pit"...accurately i should add. New players occasionally flourish in new permas. ...but mostly its a place for the old players to rage on the assholes. mostly each other. thats why GA was successful. ...and the Permaverse. ...then boundless changed that. ...it made a place for newbs (some if not most being assholes) to hide from those nasty brutes the "vets" and their honor. ...ill admit a lot of the newbs now a days are dicks and deserve an donkey-whooping...like the ones we got when we first started. ...see, its all a matter of initiation. ...nothing personal.

Well they have a perma all to themselves exactly for that now....the problem is they have no vet/voobs to guild/train them (destroy them utterly) on said server. So they come off it thinking they are know-it-alls.

I know everyone's argument against and for, but lets give Toonces some credit. He made this game we love and we play. Even if 2005-6-7 w/e was when you joined and in your opinion its peak....maybe it still can grow.

I'm trying some drunken optimism. Work with me!

I love you all!

-M.A.

DaPirate

Post by DaPirate » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:39 am

Toonces just pay people tokens to advertise on diferent websites, make it official to all players they can help.

There goes that problem :wink:

Major

Post by Major » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 am

DaPirate wrote:Toonces just pay people tokens to advertise on diferent websites, make it official to all players they can help.
There goes that problem :wink:
He had a pretty big promotion for tokens a few months back exactly like that already. What problem exactly were you referring to?

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:27 am

New server? *sigh*

If you're gonna make a new one, and im not encouraging you too, why cant you make it radically different? I havent logged onto this new server but would I be right in assuming its the same old thing with few tweaks ?

Make something stupid like a galaxy in 1 straight line or a fighting server or a server where NPC's kick donkey, own empires, invade and build??