Yes.
70%
No.
30%

Total votes: 57

EkomS

DD's Double Bios

Post by EkomS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:13 am

i think we should be able for a limited time to make DD's it was one of the awesomes glitche in the game and made it fun and i kno a way u could make it Work. By selling a Fake bio in the admirals Club for a limited time for about 10k or more so it wont be that bad i guess? everyone loves them and it makes it fun just a idea tho so u can tell me its dumb its stupid but i would like it in favor of all that loves that kind of stuff :mrgreen: also 1 bio pre person!
Last edited by EkomS on Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

EkomS

Re: DD's Double Bios

Post by EkomS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:18 am

also 1 bio pre person!

Woots

Post by Woots » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:24 am

Lol, I made this suggestion like a long time ago.

A "fake dome" should cost upwards of 10k each, maybe more.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:12 am

If this is gonna happen, it should have nothing to do w/ tokens... this " donation" to the game thing has turned into token whore central.
:roll:

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:14 am

CrazyChef wrote:If this is gonna happen, it should have nothing to do w/ tokens... this " donation" to the game thing has turned into token whore central.
:roll:
well what do u think it should be for cc?

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:39 am

free.

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:14 am

Dave34 wrote:If its one double dome per person, then that just encourages multi-accounting. And you think some of the new layouts are hard with 1 dome... imagine them with 2 domes!
thats the fun part and who voted no? i odda punch em lol

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:05 am

I voted no because some new layouts would be to overly pwn with DD's.

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:26 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:I voted no because some new layouts would be to overly pwn with DD's.
Which makes you a legend if you cap xD

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:28 am

-Muffin- wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:I voted no because some new layouts would be to overly pwn with DD's.
yeah, good luck with that cupcake. (Pun intended)

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:55 am

Maybe there should be like a .0005% chance of a colony becoming a DD when it died. That way it's extremely rare, and you'd have to be completely pathetic to farm something that long.

NightgraderP6

Post by NightgraderP6 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:08 pm

First off allow me to say that the only reason people "Donate" to the game is to get tokens. Which in turn is used to "Buy" an IGS or fuel or what ever. So unless a player "Donates" to the game and never uses their "Thank you for donating, tokens" Then it's not really donating is it???

To address some of the concerns posted, I believe there are some easy solutions. Unlike the fake dome from the old glitch, the new DD's should both be real and independent from one another. Inside the original dome an option for a secondary dome could be placed in it for purchase for 10k tokens (A good price for a DD indeed). This dome could be placed any where on the planet. Thus you have the option of capping the dome you want (But get both). And with both domes being real, then all the normal things such as building, pollution, pop, etc, would apply to both. So one dome might be a 10/120 and the other only a 5/50 or what ever.

I do not think that there would be a mass up rising of DD's. At 10k tokens, I figure that most player will pick a few of their favorite cols to turn into a DD and then stop. To go beyond that would become very expensive. So there would still be plenty of normal cols to invade. Add in the factor that people will invade those DD's, and this would give the builder/buyer of the DD a incentive to NOT make but only a few at the most due to the risk of loss.

As for the impossible to take DD. No such thing! If your willing to die a hundred times and have help, any dome can be capped. How many DD's were around a few years ago compared to now. There are always going to be players out there that will stop at nothing to prove that it can be capped and to just destroy it.

So hey, come on Toonces, make it so. You might get a few more "Donations".

Nightgrader

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:01 am

NightgraderP6 wrote:First off allow me to say that the only reason people "Donate" to the game is to get tokens. Which in turn is used to "Buy" an IGS or fuel or what ever. So unless a player "Donates" to the game and never uses their "Thank you for donating, tokens" Then it's not really donating is it???

To address some of the concerns posted, I believe there are some easy solutions. Unlike the fake dome from the old glitch, the new DD's should both be real and independent from one another. Inside the original dome an option for a secondary dome could be placed in it for purchase for 10k tokens (A good price for a DD indeed). This dome could be placed any where on the planet. Thus you have the option of capping the dome you want (But get both). And with both domes being real, then all the normal things such as building, pollution, pop, etc, would apply to both. So one dome might be a 10/120 and the other only a 5/50 or what ever.

I do not think that there would be a mass up rising of DD's. At 10k tokens, I figure that most player will pick a few of their favorite cols to turn into a DD and then stop. To go beyond that would become very expensive. So there would still be plenty of normal cols to invade. Add in the factor that people will invade those DD's, and this would give the builder/buyer of the DD a incentive to NOT make but only a few at the most due to the risk of loss.

As for the impossible to take DD. No such thing! If your willing to die a hundred times and have help, any dome can be capped. How many DD's were around a few years ago compared to now. There are always going to be players out there that will stop at nothing to prove that it can be capped and to just destroy it.

So hey, come on Toonces, make it so. You might get a few more "Donations".

Nightgrader
this is very good i have put some thought in it and think that it should be bought in the bio or in the admirals club and also think that the newer dds both bios are cappable

Thanks for the wonderful Ideas EkomS Out.

Biodome

Post by Biodome » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:48 am

As i can see many people like me so much , so they want me Double ! , paying tokens also :)

next off-topic comment next month , i promise ! :)

Orly rally -- have fun all :) >>>

:mrgreen: -- i LOVE green faces :)

Luna

Post by Luna » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:16 am

Why not make the DD's only available on lesser used planet layouts, or planets that don't normally support extremely high solar? This would still make it fun, while not making it impossible to cap. I can't come up with any great ideas on how to make them available. The only thing I could come up with is to have a special artifact that allows the owner to make 1-5 DD. They could be rare artifacts. You could get the location, go find it, and if it glows it's the "magic" artifact and you could then choose to jett one of your regular ones to pick it up, or just make it able to not take up space like a regular artifact. After you use up the allotted amount then it regenerates randomly.

Another idea is some sort of random generator for a mundane function of the game will produce a opportunity to make a DD. Pollution cleaning, trading, taxi payment, ect.

It would need to be something that everyone from vet to new player stood the same chance of getting.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:27 pm

How about make some of the few UN cols that are created at the beggining of a bang(with their horrible dome spots) be DD's...?

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:26 am

that would suck tho?

1R0N1C

Post by 1R0N1C » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 am

Luna wrote:Why not make the DD's only available on lesser used planet layouts, or planets that don't normally support extremely high solar? This would still make it fun, while not making it impossible to cap. I can't come up with any great ideas on how to make them available. The only thing I could come up with is to have a special artifact that allows the owner to make 1-5 DD. They could be rare artifacts. You could get the location, go find it, and if it glows it's the "magic" artifact and you could then choose to jett one of your regular ones to pick it up, or just make it able to not take up space like a regular artifact. After you use up the allotted amount then it regenerates randomly.

Another idea is some sort of random generator for a mundane function of the game will produce a opportunity to make a DD. Pollution cleaning, trading, taxi payment, ect.

It would need to be something that everyone from vet to new player stood the same chance of getting.
That is a good idea and I think if it was not aloud on rockys and mountains it would be good

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:49 am

EkomS wrote:that would suck tho?
The idea is that it sucks, but they are still trophies

Mizro

Post by Mizro » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 am

this would make some cols IMPOSSIBLE to cap probly not the best idea

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:25 pm

its an intensely good idea. some of u are idiots :P

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:07 am

Mel'Kaven wrote:
-Muffin- wrote:
yeah, good luck with that cupcake. (Pun intended)
Word. Imagine invading a perfectly double domed

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x15/ ... yout35.png

Oh you can't? Because it's impossible.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:45 am

double domes are in the past, i say no

EkomS

Post by EkomS » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 am

gamanche wrote:double domes are in the past, i say no
loser.

Jedi

Post by Jedi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:03 pm

EkomS wrote:
loser.
Bit harsh to call some1 a loser just cuss they would like to share there opinion like the rest after all this is a forum to express there opinions on anything starport related

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:28 pm

doesnt everyone want this games past back?

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:08 pm

Fake domes should cost 200m.

That seems reasonable, there should also be a server limit like say, 12.

Major

Post by Major » Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:59 pm

0zzy wrote:Fake domes should cost 200m.

That seems reasonable, there should also be a server limit like say, 12.
Id have boundless DD's repopulated in an hour if that were so. not exactly fair.

Also I'd stick triple domes on my existing doubles.

Maybe that isnt a bad idea after all.

Vic

Post by Vic » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:25 pm

Hell yes! Bring back those beauties :D

How about enough 'special domes' can be bought to allow double doming say 10% of the total amount of planets that can be colonized per server.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:09 am

It's a great idea, you'd have to be a commie to hate double domes.

But I lost my faith in these kinds of additions a long time ago.