Putting c-mines at the end of a BH

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GRAWRG.

Re: Putting c-mines at the end of a BH

Post by GRAWRG. » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:21 pm

-PLAGUE- wrote:
Lol Grawrg, you 12 years old, acting mature isn't going to win you any battles it doesn't matter, your being a hypocrite and there's no way around that, you just flamed someones topic and then asked them for help, it's pretty sad. If you don't like to get your posts flamed dont flame other people, as simple as that. All of the retarded off topic lecture's in the world wont take away from that.
first off.. i notice this was posted at 4 in the morning. if anyone needs to be getting sleep so they can learn something in school, its you 0.o and i wouldnt say acting mature wins battles as much as acting immature makes you lose them *cough, as we are currently demonstrating because you're an idiot and because i enjoy this, cough* i might have been hypocritical, dont feel like trying to remember though. who did i ask for help? 0.o and i dont mind getting what i give out, as long as its not from some ignorant sleep-deprived unintelligent preschooler who i havent personally offended before.

i offered you my hand in my last post, if you didnt pick that up, and you bit it. if you were any less intelligent you'd be euthanized.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:11 pm

PLAGUE, GRAWRG's at least 16 (the 12 year old thing is only funny when shes actually being retarded), and if i recall you told me how useless and leeching I was here on the forums a while ago, then begged to join my corp on P5, telling me 'lol u did ur dues.' and completely reversing your position about me..

you also complain about how servers (specifically p5) are unbuilt (??) and have no wfs (yes, on the ones called half-defended-easy-nofac, there generally won't be wfs, take something hard ffs), and then you go to....

DMJ?

lmao

and who's supposed to be the hypocrite here? :roll:

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:39 am

plagues the worst player on starport, and the biggest BBQ talker who can back it up.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:19 pm

gamanche wrote:plagues the worst player on starport, and the biggest BBQ talker who can back it up.
You think so? for the seventh time I love you man!, stop talking s h it on forums and come at me, i dare you invade me ill tear your donkey apart.
Because for as much BBQ as you talk, ive seen nothing in game that tells me any better of you, you do nothin but talk, your a hypocrite to boot, for the last time you fuckin filthy ingrate, if you think you can beat me, then stop talkin and make your move. ill be waiting.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:23 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:*big sigh while biting tongue*
i dont know what kind of elementary concerns are stressing you out atm, or what made me your target, but you need to pull the stick out of your donkey and find someone else to trash talk.

i, like a lot of other people in this topic, posted to voice my opinion that the topic was a stupid waste of space.. while still adding to the current conversation. having just posted about my patch problem, i brought that up too. i didnt post solely to bring attention to my problem. in fact, it wasnt even my primary reason for posting. (BTW, incorrectly correcting someones "spelling error" isnt exactly a useful post either, you moronic dick.)

additionally, and i understand that it came off that way, i wasnt being egotistical. the problem has occurred before and i knew other people were affected. had it been a personal problem, i wouldnt have even bothered putting it on forums.

i could say more, but i dont think it'd be fair on you.
If anyone bit someones hand its you, do you not remember when I based a whole topic on defending you from that poones asswipe? or how anytime someone spoke ill of you id tell them to stfu? i like how you can treat someone who valued you so much like BBQ, its like a 4th grade kiddie relationship its stupid and sad.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:21 am

gee thanks plague ignore my myriad of valid points

and gamanche is a good player.... and judging by your swear-filled post and angry tone, your the one talking lots of BBQ on forums not him..

im sure he'd come after you but i doubt he'd want to lower himself to the DMJ level

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:35 am

Plagues recent actions are quite disturbing. We put him in a corp on the 11th and he wanted war with other corps. Starts crap and gets his planets invaded then bails out of corp.

I thought better of him until this happened.

BTW your really not that good, your the first one to die in space battles cause you come to a fight with the worst mod setup.

gamanche

Post by gamanche » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:44 am

-PLAGUE- wrote:
gamanche wrote:plagues the worst player on starport, and the biggest BBQ talker who can back it up.
You think so? for the seventh time I love you man!, stop talking s h it on forums and come at me, i dare you invade me ill tear your donkey apart.
Because for as much BBQ as you talk, ive seen nothing in game that tells me any better of you, you do nothin but talk, your a hypocrite to boot, for the last time you fuckin filthy ingrate, if you think you can beat me, then stop talkin and make your move. ill be waiting.
i would come and invade you, but you got BBQ all on any sever, and the colonys you do have are junks.. plus u dont know who i am, so u can hug right off

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:56 am

Learn to be dangerous first then throw down The Gloves of Challenge.

At first it does not matter if you lose, thats where you learn to modify your playing style/tactics.

If you personally start a war fight it and don't worry if you lose...learn from your errors.

In warfare against whoever all it comes down to is yourself.

Only you can beat you.

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm

Hi all, just checking in with my favorite game, but I can't seem to help myself - I'm compelled to throw in my 2 cents.

The design of the BH hasn't changed since the earliest days of the game when everything was a 2-week rebang. There were no lasers or c-mines back then. You could haul a ton of regular mines to a BH exit point in the hope of catching a single fly, but on balance it wasn't worth the effort.

What has changed over the years? c-mines and lasers can be used to make death traps, which in my opinion is a good thing. With the advent of permas and extended rebangs, after several weeks of gameplay the commodity value of c-mines and lasers goes down to the point where they are plentiful and sufficiently expendable that they can be used in space.

In an extended rebang, typically all the players are experienced and start at roughly the same time. The build progression is fair and well known to everyone. Sure, BHs become exponentially more dangerous as the game progresses, but that balances the power of the shortcut. No foul here.

In a perma you've got a point about the noobs, and there is a lack of balance for late starters. Published black hole maps does help http://www.starportgame.com/wiki/index. ... Black_hole (thanks for finally fixing the wiki Toonces!) but exploration is already unbalanced against new players. Having new player basic exploration this dangerous is arguably a bad thing.

Overall its a minor problem, but it is a legitimate one since the BH structure is so out of date. There are fixes to consider, but don't prevent hardware deployment at the exit point as suggested in the OP - this will create a whole new set of problems. Consider either:
  • Randomizing the BH exit point within the system
  • Randomizing the BH exit point to be within a range of adjacent systems
Either works fine. It makes BH use reasonably safe, tipping the balance in favor of their utility (less so with the first option, more so with the second). That's probably a good thing, more in line with the original SGE design and focus on exploration.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:53 pm

lol squeem, i dont think i know who you are. its just kinda funny that we're having a mass argument and you bring the convo back to the topic :lol:

i dont really have anything else to add. obviously everyone already thinks plagues an idiot.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:56 pm

not as much of an idiot to underestimate the power of Grod.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:03 pm

ffs, go thru the BH w/ full shields, don't freak out and drive thru the thick part of the CM cluster, and then go resheild.... it is that simple. I haven't died to a BH Compound Mine trap in forever and then some. It isnt rocket science, nor does the game need to be changed.

Woots

Post by Woots » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:14 pm

CrazyChef wrote:ffs, go thru the BH w/ full shields, don't freak out and drive thru the thick part of the CM cluster, and then go resheild.... it is that simple. I haven't died to a BH Compound Mine trap in forever and then some. It isnt rocket science, nor does the game need to be changed.
My point exactly. (What point? This point!)
I personally have run into mines after taking a black hole many times, and it does like 4k in damage at most to me because people can't cluster the mines close together enough.
Unless you're EXTREMELY POOR or have like 1k shields and are running from an angry mob, then there is no reason anyone with a decent ship should die from cmines at the end of a black hole.

And newbies, thats what nubbie protection is for :D

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:23 pm

WeGotDeathStar wrote:Plagues recent actions are quite disturbing. We put him in a corp on the 11th and he wanted war with other corps. Starts crap and gets his planets invaded then bails out of corp.

I thought better of him until this happened.

BTW your really not that good, your the first one to die in space battles cause you come to a fight with the worst mod setup.
lol you lyin sack of BBQ, you said it yourself countless time superfunk started that war and went inactive, and the rest of booga went with him, im not going to sit around and let my BBQ get taken while you pussies kick back and do nothing, invading maybe 2-5 decent cols when your all together, you say all i capped was junks yet when i left the corp i took over a mil followers with me and what did you losers have to show for yourselves? and then i just sit back and watch you get slaughtered by illumanati while you sit in your ports, trajan being the only one to my knowledge to bother doing a damn thing about it, booga failed me. i would leave, im not stupid.

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:24 pm

gamanche wrote:
-PLAGUE- wrote:
i would come and invade you, but you got BBQ all on any sever, and the colonys you do have are junks.. plus u dont know who i am, so u can hug right off
lol yep, all my cols are junks, over 2-3mil server wide junks So Epic.

SCORP1ON

Post by SCORP1ON » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:37 pm

the jist is
a Black hole should be treated just as a warp hole and the landing should be protected as well just as a warp hole's other side

I suggest a ring around the landing zone just like a warp hole
sure u can laser around the landing zone and cmine it as well

so this solution is best.
as far as Idiots Flaming

I see several but worst one at it is,
CrazyChef , and he should be banned at least for a few days off the forum or have his posting prohibited.
people post on these Community forums for reason's
and for older Vets like us to permit the flaming is Atrocious!!

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:43 pm

Don't you think entering a freaking black hole should be somewhat dangerous? I mean the concept of it implies a bit of the unknown :mrgreen:

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:22 pm

[quote="-PLAGUE-"][quote="gamanche"][quote="-PLAGUE-"][quote="gamanche"]plagues the worst player on starport, and the biggest BBQ talker who can back it up.

Yup and you stole them all from anito shutting of solars....or did you forget that as well?

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:52 am

Yup and you stole them all from anito shutting of solars....or did you forget that as well?[/quote][/quote][/quote]

LOL or did you forget that after horus and Co. hugged over heavensgate they didnt have more than 70k followers a piece between 6 people?
That definitely amounts to the 1mil total