Perma Closings

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

DrunkenDoughnut

Re: Perma Closings

Post by DrunkenDoughnut » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:53 pm

gothicorpunk wrote:No one even wants classic's deleted as you can see from this post so why the fucck is it even a question?????.... Your not gettin tokens from it you say? ok seeing as how EVERYONE in the game wants classics to be there don't you think thats worth more then tokens having everyone happy to have the server they love or the only one they like to play.
No because all toonces cares about is token sales, he cares not for the community even though they are his token buyers, hell slowely kill the game more and more then not have an income at all from the game from the token buyers and close the game down, and itll be his own damn fault for hugging things up.

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:01 pm

breakdown wrote:
Saber-Fury wrote: Skywalker was on his way to 1 bil on BS then realized he wouldnt surpass luna in time and quit.. solo.. he made some of the hardest, well-set cols I have ever seen.. he still has like 300k followers after over a year of quitting
You're whining about exp hording and you praise one of the biggest exp whores I've ever had the displeasure of playing with.. Skywalker is a joke and would have never reached 1b exp; his empire would have been invaded way before that. He never reached close to 9m followers or held an empire for close to long enough to reach half way there. Skywalker rage quit and mailed toonces crying he was going to sue him for a refund on his token purchases when resource consumption came out, then again when research engine was modified. Col setting abilities? hahaha

I'm dumbfounded that you would praise a joker like him who has only played on one server and sit here hating on Luna. /FAIL
/agree

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:21 pm

DrunkenDoughnut wrote:
gothicorpunk wrote:No one even wants classic's deleted as you can see from this post so why the fucck is it even a question?????.... Your not gettin tokens from it you say? ok seeing as how EVERYONE in the game wants classics to be there don't you think thats worth more then tokens having everyone happy to have the server they love or the only one they like to play.
No because all toonces cares about is token sales, he cares not for the community even though they are his token buyers, hell slowely kill the game more and more then not have an income at all from the game from the token buyers and close the game down, and itll be his own damn fault for hugging things up.
if you want classics to stay buy tokens there , you cant run a server without money...

W-M-G-F
a-i-r-m-2-p

salligator

Post by salligator » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:43 pm

This idea was deleted when Toonces deleted the 1st topic because of inaccurate info, but I just wanted to put the idea out there again; If Toonces or the UN repossessed all of the colonies in the server, whether its CH, DMJ, ROP, I'd say that would pull in activity from not only its current players, but people from other servers would want to get in on the action as well, and the race for colony captures, especially with everyone starting with 0 cols, would produce some nice token purchases for IGSs, fuel, and people would be selling them for cash. It could only be profitable to do a test run on one of the servers, and would get less complaints than deletion and rebangs. ROP should probably be deleted, but CH or DMJ are both good candidates for this trial run, if it works well, this could work as a defibrillator on dieing servers. maybe like a 1-2 day warning for people to gather cash, some people may even make easy-2-cap warehouses for nukes so they can get a head start - thus making them a supplier of cash later on which people would sell tokens for. People would also be buying nuke colonies to get started. The activity would kick in automatically and so would token sales, and token sales would only increase as people start getting back some of the colonies. It can only end well

bluesky

Post by bluesky » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:18 pm

on another threar toonces posted
"I used to have some part time guys like Sinistrad and CaffCoder helping out, but it doesn't really make enough money to support more than one guy right now, which is me. Even I could make more money if I went to work at Sony or something. But this is my project so I really want to get it to a better point that i think i can get it to before having to give up."

With less money coming in there is less to pay for server, hence they are deleted.
Because servers are being deleted, less people buy tokens as they many spend them ad have the server deleted a month later. Bit of a vicious circle.

Server by server, bit by bit it will go.

look at the last sentence "I really want to get it to a better point that i think i can get it to before having to give up."

Is this Toonces trying to say if you don´t buy more tokens Starport will go ?

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:27 pm

Lol Mel I love your avatar, and, as a once commie, I am sorry to say ppl suck. That's why communism fails. I don't care much for luna's 1 bil xp, and I have to say toonce you are looking at a full scale token boycott if things keep going downhill like this, that's just my thought for food.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:48 pm

salligator wrote:This idea was deleted when Toonces deleted the 1st topic because of inaccurate info, but I just wanted to put the idea out there again; If Toonces or the UN repossessed all of the colonies in the server, whether its CH, DMJ, ROP, I'd say that would pull in activity from not only its current players, but people from other servers would want to get in on the action as well, and the race for colony captures, especially with everyone starting with 0 cols, would produce some nice token purchases for IGSs, fuel, and people would be selling them for cash. It could only be profitable to do a test run on one of the servers, and would get less complaints than deletion and rebangs. ROP should probably be deleted, but CH or DMJ are both good candidates for this trial run, if it works well, this could work as a defibrillator on dieing servers. maybe like a 1-2 day warning for people to gather cash, some people may even make easy-2-cap warehouses for nukes so they can get a head start - thus making them a supplier of cash later on which people would sell tokens for. People would also be buying nuke colonies to get started. The activity would kick in automatically and so would token sales, and token sales would only increase as people start getting back some of the colonies. It can only end well
This would only work on stagnated, but built servers. Most of the servers he's deleting now just aren't built up enough.

..And I think you would want more BUILDERS on a dead server, if you were trying to fix it. If anyone is trying to build it, giving all cols to the U.N. won't help matters as people will invade them, then just leave the server the same way it was before

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Saber-Fury wrote:Okay, don't get me wrong - 1B exp will be a good milestone... I just can't help feeling this is somehow tainted:
MastrIan wrote: It is a corporation and followers are shared, are we not allowed to do what we want with the experience we are earning? The reason Luna doesn't have more followers from the hundreds that she did build is because over a 2.5 year period, colonies tend to get invaded, especially when you have been involved in many wars where some of them lasted for months. I don't think Luna ever claimed to be an invader, so naturally I would be the one to reinvade the colony. As we are corpmates and share all of our colonies, it doesn't really matter who actually holds the deed to the colony.

Saber-Fury wrote:-If she just sits in a port... that doesn't really seem the person you would want to embody 1Bil exp.
Saber-Fury wrote: -Even if she was active, and still had Thorin helping her, I think that would be better than what it is now. Not really an accomplishment to sit in port and let your friend do all the work. I would think the first person with 1 bil exp should be actively cleaning (maintaining), or owning a good portion of the followers; at least one or the other. Being inactive or not leaving port because you have a lot of exp is just silly, and if that's why she was inactive, im afraid to say, cowardly. If she just quit/doesn't play anymore well then she doesn't really deserve the 1Bil in my opinion.
MastrIan wrote: Luna was extremely active from the day the server banged up until a few months ago. Her efforts were critical to establishing and growing the colonial empire. Should her past efforts not continue to pay off even when real life beckons and prevents you from playing a computer game as much as you would want to?
MastrIan wrote: Luna doesn't just sit in port, I have said that in the past but was joking, she continues to work on an entire section of the colonies. Just because last few months she has been busy in real life doesn't somehow negate the work she has already put into the server for the past 2+ years. She is busy in real life, I pick up the slack, sounds like how a corporation functions. I have been away or busy for periods of time and Luna was around to keep watch.
I have been on classics since I started playing pk servers and I never seen Luna out of port or even daring to, much the opposite
she claimed she was in port and not willing to leave because someone was online. it was not you Thorin joking, it was her stating facts
and it hasn't been a few months its been almost 8 or 9 since i seen her even online the most recent last years champs
after that she never logged on for any length of time at all maybe a few mins

as far as active maybe on bangs helping others way back when definitely not on classic's

If she did leave port it had to be when there was no other person or players online, which was very rare

Saber-Fury wrote:If someone would play, but doesn't leave port because they're afraid of losing their exp, they deserve nothing.
[/quote]

I agree totally if ended it should end now like i said before Her having what she has now and maybe 1b xp later still will not make me feel any differently
about her and how she got it. someone letting you kill them and xp whoring have been looked down on since the beginning of starport
why is Luna any different?

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:13 pm

Luna is on sometimes, just very late it seems. ive seen her on classics around 2 or 3 am most times.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:02 pm

First of all, staying in a port 24/7 is not tactic.

But hey, it's thorin's followers(?) he can do whatever the hell he wants with them. It's his xp, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. If he wants to suddenly hand away his empire to a random noob and help them to 1 bill xp, thats completely his choice. He earned the followers. Get off their balls guys. Why's 1 bill exp a big deal anyway? I don't know, nothing worth bragging about in my eyes. But hey, more power to them I guess. I honestly don't see why half of ya'll is even worried about it.

Congrats to luna if and when he/she gets 1 bill xp.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Cloud1 wrote:
BardockSGE wrote:First of all, staying in a port 24/7 is not tactic.

But hey, it's thorin's followers(?) he can do whatever the hell he wants with them. It's his xp, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. If he wants to suddenly hand away his empire to a random noob and help them to 1 bill xp, thats completely his choice. He earned the followers. Get off their balls guys. Why's 1 bill exp a big deal anyway? I don't know, nothing worth bragging about in my eyes. But hey, more power to them I guess. I honestly don't see why half of ya'll is even worried about it.

Congrats to luna if and when he/she gets 1 bill xp.

If you were trapped by 4 people in a port on a bb and want to save ur exp then the best tactic would to talk shiit or logg of for 24hrs until they are gone.
Yeah thats quite some tactic. Eating cheetos and scratching your balls required to successfully carry it out? Shut up.

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:08 am

The fact that Luna is hitting 1 billion exp just shows how dead that server really is. For at least two years no one has done any significant invading on that server and it shows.

No corp should be able to sit with the amount of followers Luna and Thorin has. It's a stagnant server and it needs to go.

Not that 1 billion exp isn't an accomplishment but it was achieved thru inactivity and easy colony settings. The same reason why the pollution patch was introduced so this massive exp buildup wouldn't happen anymore.

Out of the ten people that play there it is no different then any other server that got deleted. P3 was where I started and held a special place for me but I got over it once it was deleted knowing it was for the good of the game.

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:19 am

Cloud1 wrote:
You are just jealous it seems that luna could keep exp for that long. Who cares if she stayed in port that is just Tactic.

don't be hating, Theres prob token sales still running that server. If Toonces couldn't afford it I doubt he would use his own pocket money just so he could have a player to have 1 billion exp.

And hey lets just see what 1 billion exp looks like in rankings :) and should get a gold trophey when the server gets deleted.

hAHAHA YOU sound like a teenage drama queen
don't be hating omg

I don't hate Luna never did never will
but that is my opinion on the xp thing and I dont see what making it to 1 billion xp or the 9XX,XXX,XXX isn't good enough
Noone will ever surpass that amount starport prob will die in about a year anyway giving the player loss and loss of token buying
Toonces said it himself he wanted to make it better before he gives up

When he gives up It will all be over

Done

Kaput

Finito

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:59 am

as Joe said in his post I'd like to point out that I have nothing personal or against Luna.. I just say what I think to be true nothing more nothing less.

But I also do have to agree with Mr.Angry here - so much of the server worked together to get Luna to 1 Bil it shouldn't be a surprise Classics is a candidate for deletion. Everyone working together and playing nice = less major war = less token purchases. If almost ALL the major powers on a server don't fight, for whatever reason, then that server needs to A) be revitalized or B) be deleted, even if it has most of the colonies built.. If half the people on classics wanted to lay down the red carpet for Luna that's fine, they can do that, but it doesn't help the game in a competitive or financial standpoint (which, funnily enough, are the 2 chief things that keep a server going) and that was obviously the risk you ran; now Toonces may decide to delete it.

BarbaraWalters

Post by BarbaraWalters » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:00 am

So, basically if you're in a corp, it's pointless to try and own the whole perma is what you're saying. if you and your corp dominate the server, work your damn donkey off the server deserves to be deleted?

Also, there are tons and tons more colonies other than what thorin and Luna own, and not everyone works for Luna.

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:00 am

gothicorpunk wrote:
awesomepebble wrote:and luna doesnt stay in a port all day?
Can you read? she NEVER leaves and she NEVER can well when no ones on she might idk im not her haha.. BTW why hasnt luna posted on this lol

I haven't posted on this because for the last 5 days I've had the frickin flu and been sick as a dog. I DO leave the port to clean and maintain colonies in a portion of our Empire. I've personally built hundreds and hundreds of colonies on Classic since it banged. Unfortunately I don't invade so a good portion of my original colonies have been invaded over time, and then invaded back by my corpmate Thorin. They now belong to him, but we've remained corpmates and he continues to invade and maintain the largest part of what he's managed to obtain. What belonged to me belongs to him and vice versa.

I don't fight or invade, hence I don't die. I have maintained friendships on Classics and for the biggest part run around without worry of being podded. I have a bucket load of experience so if trouble heads my way I do have the common sense to PORT. If you play a long time, happen to be friendly, and don't die, then it's logical I'd have more than the average person's experience. It's become somewhat of a team effort to get me to the 1 billion mark. People liked the idea, and we sorta just went with it, because no one had done it before.

If Classics closes, I won't have a single server left with a character. EVERY server I've played up till now has been deleted. I'll probably have to just play rebangs if this one closes. I can't see spending another 2+ years on another server to only see it be deleted in the long run.

I'd like to see something special out of Classics if Toonces decides to close it. Perhaps another one if he must let it die. I'm honored and flattered so many people care enough to ask that the milestone of 1 BILLION experience be achieved before closing it. Thank you to everyone.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:05 am

Luna wrote:Thank you to everyone.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:36 am

Luna wrote:
gothicorpunk wrote:
Can you read? she NEVER leaves and she NEVER can well when no ones on she might idk im not her haha.. BTW why hasnt luna posted on this lol

I haven't posted on this because for the last 5 days I've had the frickin flu and been sick as a dog. I DO leave the port to clean and maintain colonies in a portion of our Empire. I've personally built hundreds and hundreds of colonies on Classic since it banged. Unfortunately I don't invade so a good portion of my original colonies have been invaded over time, and then invaded back by my corpmate Thorin. They now belong to him, but we've remained corpmates and he continues to invade and maintain the largest part of what he's managed to obtain. What belonged to me belongs to him and vice versa.

I don't fight or invade, hence I don't die. I have maintained friendships on Classics and for the biggest part run around without worry of being podded. I have a bucket load of experience so if trouble heads my way I do have the common sense to PORT. If you play a long time, happen to be friendly, and don't die, then it's logical I'd have more than the average person's experience. It's become somewhat of a team effort to get me to the 1 billion mark. People liked the idea, and we sorta just went with it, because no one had done it before.

If Classics closes, I won't have a single server left with a character. EVERY server I've played up till now has been deleted. I'll probably have to just play rebangs if this one closes. I can't see spending another 2+ years on another server to only see it be deleted in the long run.

I'd like to see something special out of Classics if Toonces decides to close it. Perhaps another one if he must let it die. I'm honored and flattered so many people care enough to ask that the milestone of 1 BILLION experience be achieved before closing it. Thank you to everyone.
Good post.

And secondly, if classic is deleted, replace it with a REAL classic server. No I love puppies like old republic or the current 'classic' server.

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:24 am

I'm not going to scroll back up to find the quote but which ever asshat said I haven't been online since Champs obviously has their head up their arse and can't read the online list worth a damn. I went on vacation to California and didn't log in for two weeks last month, but other than that I have been online in evenings many times a month, sometimes nightly. Sometimes I play for 30 minutes, sometimes I play for a few hours. Sometimes I play Classics, and sometimes I play on rebangs or on both. I don't use the name Luna on rebangs so I can play in peace. Sometimes I actually participate in REAL LIFE and don't log in for a week. I don't sit in the port constantly, I clean, and chat when I'm online. I don't hide, and I'm not in the habit of being afraid to let people know I'm online when I am. I don't run into many people when I am online since I don't explore the galaxy. No need to venture far as everything I need to function is available within a 25-30 hop radius.

I settled on Classics a long time ago, although I let my planets die, and my Empires crumble on all the other servers I've played. All have fallen to Toonces axe and only one remains. I've never begrudged anyone else's accomplishments. When Kwijibo and Broken Monkey achieved their goal I was happy for them and appreciated the effort they put forth to achieve what they did. Not everyone wants to achieve a goal, I have the same respect for people regardless of their ambition or skills. Many players have achieved things I have not.

I've noticed sometimes the people that suggest that it's "easy" to accomplish something like getting 9 million followers, or doming every colony in a permaverse are the people INCAPABLE of doing anything epic or difficult. If those with big mouths would like to accomplish similar feats I will gladly bow at their feet and praise their accomplishments. If you've been unable or unwilling to try to accomplish these same goals, then quit down playing the efforts of those that have. Nothing in this game is accomplished without teamwork, friends, and an investment of effort and time.

Classics will be a milestone regardless of whether it stays or goes. I for one will remember all the GREAT people that played it and the hundreds of hours of my time spent there.

gothicorpunk

Post by gothicorpunk » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:31 pm

Dave34 wrote:I knew people were bending the truth a bit to much in this thread :roll:
I kinda like the people like luna said are saying it easy to do what shes doing or what BM did haha

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:18 pm

BarbaraWalters wrote:So, basically if you're in a corp, it's pointless to try and own the whole perma is what you're saying. if you and your corp dominate the server, work your damn donkey off the server deserves to be deleted?

Also, there are tons and tons more colonies other than what thorin and Luna own, and not everyone works for Luna.
I think we're talking about two different things here: Getting tons of exp as the byproduct of the goal, and successful achievement of, dominating a server, and consciously working towards obtaining as much exp as possible. People are taking what I am saying too seriously - I think it's great the 1Bil milestone will be reached (or close to), I just would rather have seen it, as I mentioned above, as the byproduct of dominating a server, and that domination be so utterly complete and massive that it produced the greatest exp total ever (If this is indeed the case on classics then I have been completely wrong), rather than an effort by many people to obtain one person a certain amount of exp.

And yes I know there are more colonies than what they own.. and no not everyone works for them, but it's still a large, very significant chunk of people. Did everyone work for Kuka on Champs? No. but was it enough to put him ahead? Yes.

phantomdan

Post by phantomdan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Luna wrote:
gothicorpunk wrote:

So basically what you said is you dont invade, and dont recap what people take from you. So in reality even if you do achieve 1bil experience and break a record its only because of your building efforts and thorin taking back what you lost. You will achieve 1bil from being to scared to lose it dying to protect what it yours. No offence but that is ridiculous. No matter how much leg-work you've done building, you dont protect what is yours. Your the corp Molly-maid who just cleans. Build-and-hide strategy for the sake of XP whoring. And you say you dont fight either. So you probably spend your time on Classics crossing your fingers nobody warps into your system? You spend your time ducking-cleaning and hiding.

So with your 1bil coming achievement, you will also achieve the record for the most cowardly starport player and biggest XP whore of all time. If you arent willing to protect what you build and die for it, then why build it? Because its others that are doing your dirty work. No offence to you as a player, i dont know you, and im sure your a great builder, but your achievement is worthless. And im sure from what you just typed that you kissed a lot of donkey to get to that status.

duece

Post by duece » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:57 pm

Exp has always been meaningless to invaders because an invader will die. So exp is not the measure of a good invader, luna concedes she isn't a good invader. In every corp since the history of the hugging game the pure builders of a corp will end up with the most experience, is this a surprise to you?

Oakenshield dominates the server, they fought a buttload of wars over the years, and through skill, organization, and perseverance they are the only superpower left. Perseverance is the most important value on a perma for the long run, and that's what permaverses reward. So wanting exp to be a measure of skill is a nice wish, figure out how to make that happen and pm toonces.

I understand why someone like Bardock isn't impressed with this or with bm owning a server, because that's not what he made the game about for himself. But this accomplishment took years of work and organization. Just because Oakenshield doesn't have enemies on classic now doesn't mean that was always the case. The fact they can even pursue something like this comes from so utterly dominating the server that they can chase a goal like this.

breakdown

Post by breakdown » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:01 pm

Luna wrote: I've noticed sometimes the people that suggest that it's "easy" to accomplish something like getting 9 million followers, or doming every colony in a permaverse are the people INCAPABLE of doing anything epic or difficult. If those with big mouths would like to accomplish similar feats I will gladly bow at their feet and praise their accomplishments. If you've been unable or unwilling to try to accomplish these same goals, then quit down playing the efforts of those that have. Nothing in this game is accomplished without teamwork, friends, and an investment of effort and time.
Couldn't agree more with that. Anyone who thinks otherwise or tries to downplay Oakenshield's accomplishments on classic is, in my opinion, an ignorant idiot who is most likely jealous.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:24 pm

breakdown wrote:
Luna wrote: I've noticed sometimes the people that suggest that it's "easy" to accomplish something like getting 9 million followers, or doming every colony in a permaverse are the people INCAPABLE of doing anything epic or difficult. If those with big mouths would like to accomplish similar feats I will gladly bow at their feet and praise their accomplishments. If you've been unable or unwilling to try to accomplish these same goals, then quit down playing the efforts of those that have. Nothing in this game is accomplished without teamwork, friends, and an investment of effort and time.
Couldn't agree more with that. Anyone who thinks otherwise or tries to downplay Oakenshield's accomplishments on classic is, in my opinion, an ignorant idiot who is most likely jealous.
I agree 100 percent with breakdown, and anyone hating on Luna is just jealous that THEY couldn't mantain the exp and follower count her Corp has.

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:11 pm

Cloud1 wrote:Who cares about people selling or giving her xp, thats part of the game.. Eventually she would of gotten 1 billion exp with or without peoples help with that 9 million followers.
she would never make it to 9 mil followers by herself
she can't invade so ....

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Cloud1 wrote:
Destructo wrote:
Cloud1 wrote:
You are just jealous it seems that luna could keep exp for that long. Who cares if she stayed in port that is just Tactic.

don't be hating, Theres prob token sales still running that server. If Toonces couldn't afford it I doubt he would use his own pocket money just so he could have a player to have 1 billion exp.

And hey lets just see what 1 billion exp looks like in rankings :) and should get a gold trophey when the server gets deleted.

hAHAHA YOU sound like a teenage drama queen
don't be hating omg

I don't hate Luna never did never will
but that is my opinion on the xp thing and I dont see what making it to 1 billion xp or the 9XX,,XXX isn't good enough
Noone will ever surpass that amount starport prob will die in about a year anyway giving the player loss and loss of token buying
Toonces said it himself he wanted to make it better before he gives up

When he gives up It will all be over

Done

Kaput

Finito

( the server could have token sales still ) Toonces would never support 1 player out of his own money to keep that server running.
I was on that server with almost a mil followers there is no point in buying tokens on there no reason to build because tehre isnt any open cols.

funny tho i have alot of friends on there including luna and I dont see me paying 10 bucks a pop for something i will never get anything out of because of teh player base that never deletes

new players get on there and die almost instantly on the 10/120 layouts

too many of them to even try to put a dent in
My point is it is just not worth buying tokens for that server
I would however pay tokens for bangs but everyone biotchs on you for doing so
so much that it's not done much anymore

the ships suck on every server
The energy regen sucks on every server even with 3 sc and 5 energy dynamo's

I still love the aspect of the game but the game has and now sucks worse than ever
and Toonces does not listen at all

so

Hello Halo Reach

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:30 pm

Luna wrote:I'm not going to scroll back up to find the quote but which ever asshat said I haven't been online since Champs obviously has their head up their arse and can't read the online list worth a damn. I went on vacation to California and didn't log in for two weeks last month, but other than that I have been online in evenings many times a month, sometimes nightly. Sometimes I play for 30 minutes, sometimes I play for a few hours. Sometimes I play Classics, and sometimes I play on rebangs or on both. I don't use the name Luna on rebangs so I can play in peace. Sometimes I actually participate in REAL LIFE and don't log in for a week. I don't sit in the port constantly, I clean, and chat when I'm online. I don't hide, and I'm not in the habit of being afraid to let people know I'm online when I am. I don't run into many people when I am online since I don't explore the galaxy. No need to venture far as everything I need to function is available within a 25-30 hop radius.

I settled on Classics a long time ago, although I let my planets die, and my Empires crumble on all the other servers I've played. All have fallen to Toonces axe and only one remains. I've never begrudged anyone else's accomplishments. When Kwijibo and Broken Monkey achieved their goal I was happy for them and appreciated the effort they put forth to achieve what they did. Not everyone wants to achieve a goal, I have the same respect for people regardless of their ambition or skills. Many players have achieved things I have not.

I've noticed sometimes the people that suggest that it's "easy" to accomplish something like getting 9 million followers, or doming every colony in a permaverse are the people INCAPABLE of doing anything epic or difficult. If those with big mouths would like to accomplish similar feats I will gladly bow at their feet and praise their accomplishments. If you've been unable or unwilling to try to accomplish these same goals, then quit down playing the efforts of those that have. Nothing in this game is accomplished without teamwork, friends, and an investment of effort and time.

Getting 9 million followers each is not tough at all when you have a server with stable 10k pop planets and nobody playing. Yes it is an accomplishment getting to 1 billion but like you I have seen many of my favorite servers get deleted as well.

I have good memories of Classics, I was the first person to ever log into that server and enjoyed all the chaos with the Pod Squad vs Broken Multi. What ultimately killed that server was the politics behind closed doors and the bias some people had towards the rest of the community, you know who you are...no need to mention names but many people were disgusted afterwords and left because of it. Here's a hint...It was a certain rebang that ruined it.

Move on to a new server, it may rekindle your interest in the game...I know it has for me.

Perhaps we need another............................LOCKDOWN......WELCOME TO MY HELL....:) :) :)

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:49 pm

i think getting 9 million followers is hard no matter what death

SuiSlide

Post by SuiSlide » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:11 pm

I hope that he doesn't close Classic. Atleast until OakenShield reaches the 1 Billion Mark. A lot of you fools seem to place it all as Luna's Accomplishment and say she doesn't deserve it. I see it as a Milestone for the Oakenshield corp. Thorin, Duece, and Luna, they all did thier part to earn most of that Exp, the people who donated planets and exp all helped to contribute to and be part of the legacy. They have been a powerhouse of Classic since it banged. Seen Loads of wars, on the toughest to invade server. Held off the enemy, and regain and continued to grow over the last 2 years. Good-Luck and If my Rooster charachter is still there, I'd love to donate my exp to this Glorious occasion. How close is she anyway?

Now on to the closing of servers due to lack of token sales.

I know it's like beating a dead horse here, but, I feel that the game was at it's highest point in 2005, 2006, and 2007. I feel the massive changes killed the reason that most people played the game. I know you say, adapt, learn change, play. I did all that. I also did that when I first started in 2005. Adapting, learning, and playing was a lot more fun in 2005. You didn't have soo much grunt work to do back then. It's was mostly action, set it and forget it style cols. The token sales were generated because of the amount of wars going on. People needed fuel.

Now people need fuel to clean and maintain cols. After all the cleaning, no one wants to go invading. You used to be able to just go invading right when you logged on, without having to worry about pollution and flying 70 hops to clean cols. I don't know. To me, the game was worth playing back then. I'm an action addicted gamer. The action has be drowned out by all the needless Grunt work.

Intenetzxrerxz----> Image