New Perma: The Old Republic

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

MutedJazz

New Perma: The Old Republic

Post by MutedJazz » Sat May 29, 2010 9:32 pm

For those of you that don't know-

A new perma has banged: The Old Republic.

Corp Size:4
Fuel regeneration: .5/ minute.
Colony Difficulty: Easy
Mods cannot be changed. You start with two flight, two steering, and two thrusters. This causes base ships to be somewhat "Classic" and are similar to stats before the nerf.

No asteroids.

/thoughts?

Caia

Re: New Perma: The Old Republic

Post by Caia » Sat May 29, 2010 9:36 pm

/facepalm

At least delete one of the other servers to make room for this one. We FINALLY good people playing on the current set (even if it is a bit light on people) and we go and bang a server? Seriously?

-nox-

Post by -nox- » Sat May 29, 2010 9:40 pm

as I said in viewtopic.php?f=2&t=18239&start=30 :
-nox- wrote:seems like you guys pleases have been heard (or at least partially i imagine)

can we, now that there is a new perma, get back to the discussion that there shoudn't be any new permas made?
I'm freaking awesome

FortyTwoAxes

Post by FortyTwoAxes » Sat May 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Caia wrote:/facepalm

At least delete one of the other servers to make room for this one. We FINALLY good people playing on the current set (even if it is a bit light on people) and we go and bang a server? Seriously?
wth are you talking about we didnt get good ppl playing here its such a low pop count

Caia

Post by Caia » Sat May 29, 2010 10:16 pm

Ah, your comment is explained by that. :)

This isn't to say I'm against a modless server, or even new servers. We just need to consolidate people onto the servers we already have. If new servers get made, old ones should be shut down.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Sat May 29, 2010 10:39 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about this server just yet.

Are we still able to use any weapon module we so choose? Or only the old primaries such as grav beam and fusion blaster, etc. If we can still use point defense and surfaces, server is kinda fail.

Although, for this server to work. Nukes need to be nerfed to their original stats, premod.

Also perhaps we'll need an increase of all around dexerity? Mainly for energy. I assume our energy will be pissy seeing as how we can't buy energy mods. Maybe I'm wrong? I'll toy around the server.

duece

Post by duece » Sat May 29, 2010 10:42 pm

Am I the only one bummed out that you can still get surface missiles, point defense, and tractor beams on any ship on this server? For me that was the main thing I wanted.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Sat May 29, 2010 10:55 pm

duece wrote:Am I the only one bummed out that you can still get surface missiles, point defense, and tractor beams on any ship on this server? For me that was the main thing I wanted.
It sucks. Then again so do some of the new lay outs. Surface missiles are some times needed for rogue invaders with the new lay outs. Specially since photons feel nerfed to me. They just don't have the kick they used to.

Woots

Post by Woots » Sat May 29, 2010 10:55 pm

I think that toonces is still working on that.

Draze

Post by Draze » Sun May 30, 2010 12:33 am

BardockSGE wrote:I'm not sure how I feel about this server just yet.

Are we still able to use any weapon module we so choose? Or only the old primaries such as grav beam and fusion blaster, etc. If we can still use point defense and surfaces, server is kinda fail.

Although, for this server to work. Nukes need to be nerfed to their original stats, premod.

Also perhaps we'll need an increase of all around dexerity? Mainly for energy. I assume our energy will be pissy seeing as how we can't buy energy mods. Maybe I'm wrong? I'll toy around the server.

Amen. The only way this server would be non fail is if Nukes are dodge-able and if the weps were the old weps only. Also the ships secondary weps should be full power agian, like vulture can have the full power surface because of the weak ship.

SiN

Post by SiN » Sun May 30, 2010 12:50 am

You don't know that you can get sm's. have you managed to amass enough money yet for those weapons? Perhaps they are greyed out permanently just like the CEO ship is if you aren't the ceo.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Sun May 30, 2010 12:54 am

SiN wrote:You don't know that you can get sm's. have you managed to amass enough money yet for those weapons? Perhaps they are greyed out permanently just like the CEO ship is if you aren't the ceo.
QFT

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Sun May 30, 2010 4:19 am

it would be better if it WAS classic not classic-like.. i mean not the mod set up similiar but the exact same

Destructo

Post by Destructo » Sun May 30, 2010 4:31 am

duece wrote:Am I the only one bummed out that you can still get surface missiles, point defense, and tractor beams on any ship on this server? For me that was the main thing I wanted.

but if u get surface missles then that is the only weapon u can have besides what comes with the ship

if you get attacked try to defend urself with sf u will surely die

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Sun May 30, 2010 4:36 am

Cmon Toonces. we want it the way it was before! EXACTLY like it was before. When Starport was AMAZING! And when there was actually a lot of people playing :)

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Sun May 30, 2010 4:39 am

-Muffin- wrote:Cmon Toonces. we want it the way it was before! EXACTLY like it was before. When Starport was AMAZING! And when there was actually a lot of people playing :)
yes!! for example fix the nukes..fix the ship stats to where you fly like you did before..not be able to buy any weapon, non dynamic pricing in starbase.. shields like they were before..etcetc

AKA Copler

Post by AKA Copler » Sun May 30, 2010 4:50 am

P-i-m-p wrote:Server Sucks, end of story.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun May 30, 2010 5:00 am

I want to go back to see it. I think this is a step in the right direction. It is better than what it was before, I'm sure. So stop Freaking complaining.

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Sun May 30, 2010 5:02 am

ArdRhys4 wrote:I want to go back to see it. I think this is a step in the right direction. It is better than what it was before, I'm sure. So stop Freaking complaining.
just feedback ardrhys..i just think it needs to be patched a bit

inevamis

Post by inevamis » Sun May 30, 2010 6:43 am

This is not supposed to be the no-mod server is it?

I feel stupid even asking this.. cause thers mods XD

P-i-m-p

Post by P-i-m-p » Sun May 30, 2010 6:52 am

inevamis wrote:This is not supposed to be the no-mod server is it?

I feel stupid even asking this.. cause thers mods XD
Sadly it is

WeGotDeathStar
Location: Mr.Angry's House Drinking His Beer Watching Captain Kangaroo Re-runs

Post by WeGotDeathStar » Sun May 30, 2010 4:12 pm

In my understanding we have six base mods that cannot be changed. The other two are like the old days when you would carry grav beam and battle scanners and this was standard issue for all the players.

So now we can add surface missiles or a few others to spice things up a bit, I would say that is a step in the right direction. No more guys running around with cloak, flower and surface missiles is a good thing. Invading is still better with surface missiles and try bringing just one mod to a fight and you will most certainly end up as space dust.

I would like to see the base stats tweaked to pre-mod settings a little better but having the same stats via mods is essentially the same thing. Maybe make battle scanners be able to see cloaked ships and player shield level like it was cause we don't have room in the mod setup for tactical and battle in this setup.

Other then that I think it's a great attempt on toonces part to make the game we want and he doesn't have to kill him self reprogramming it all he did was lock out some mods.

Quit complaining and lets see how this plays out, at least he is trying to give us back the game we once loved pre-mod.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Thank you, wegotdeathstar. That was my point in the earlier post exactly. However, you did phrase/explain it better than I did. Of course, I would suggest re-increasing the strength of the mods to earlier levels as it seems that many are extremely weak now.

Draze

Post by Draze » Sun May 30, 2010 8:53 pm

WeGotDeathStar wrote:In my understanding we have six base mods that cannot be changed. The other two are like the old days when you would carry grav beam and battle scanners and this was standard issue for all the players.

So now we can add surface missiles or a few others to spice things up a bit, I would say that is a step in the right direction. No more guys running around with cloak, flower and surface missiles is a good thing. Invading is still better with surface missiles and try bringing just one mod to a fight and you will most certainly end up as space dust.

I would like to see the base stats tweaked to pre-mod settings a little better but having the same stats via mods is essentially the same thing. Maybe make battle scanners be able to see cloaked ships and player shield level like it was cause we don't have room in the mod setup for tactical and battle in this setup.

Other then that I think it's a great attempt on toonces part to make the game we want and he doesn't have to kill him self reprogramming it all he did was lock out some mods.

Quit complaining and lets see how this plays out, at least he is trying to give us back the game we once loved pre-mod.
The main reason I want a pre-mod server is to bring back fun fights. you can't do that will nukes traveling a million miles an hour.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Sun May 30, 2010 10:14 pm

This is IGH perma with p6 and civil maps combined with no mods and no arties... pretty much sums it up.

duece

Post by duece » Sun May 30, 2010 11:26 pm

there's really no artis? how do you know?

duece

Post by duece » Mon May 31, 2010 12:47 am

Ok it seems like energy regen is very far below what it used to be, which sort of flies in the face of what everyone was saying to me after the mod patch that you could always mod up to fit old stats, and there was in fact a nerf hidden in everything. It seems that on OR you'll need 3 scs just to squeak into the 200 twps energy range neccessary for perma turbo boosting, which before is what 3 suits got you to. So basically I want energy unnerfed. An isc with 3 suits should hit ~204 but right now gets to 174, so either add 30 points to every ship or give a 15-18% boost to energy accross the board, preferably to every server.

I'm a little frustrated by this and if this is going to be the case, with every weapon being left in, this whole server seems to have missed the point. As far as new servers go, this looks like one of the biggest failures I've ever seen, and I don't know the exact numbers but judging from the people number online it seems hard to deny starport has been in decline. I guess it doesn't matter much but I won't play if the energy thing isn't addressed, so I'm at least putting this out there and hoping something happens.

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Mon May 31, 2010 1:17 am

Changes i believe need be made.

Nukes - To old pre mod style.
Ship flying- needs to be EXACTLY as it were so that dodging nukes is fun etc.
Port dynamic pricing needs to be abolished.
Dont use mod system, get rid of them and make the base ships the way they were.
Arties/dext needs to be unnerfed.
Anything else that was nerfed including tractor needs to be unnerfed.
anything else?

If your going to make a classic server might as well go all the way toonces, why go half way?

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Mon May 31, 2010 3:14 am

The logical thing would have been to make these changes too Classic Homeworlds...

and now that he's banged a new server he might as well delete fw and br
Last edited by General_Neox on Mon May 31, 2010 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Mon May 31, 2010 6:08 am

duece wrote:there's really no artis? how do you know?
I ment astroids, sorry