Vote: No mods and 3 planets for Blitz.

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

No Weapon Mods And 3 Planets In Blitz?

No Mods, 3 Planets
33%
3 Planets, but leave mods as they are
17%
same amount of planets, but get rid of mods.
17%
Leave Blitz As It Is
17%
I hate blitz. Stop spamming the forums.
17%

Total votes: 18

-Muffin-

Vote: No mods and 3 planets for Blitz.

Post by -Muffin- » Tue May 25, 2010 1:11 am

Well, since I seem to have a lot of supporters, I decided to make this vote. I want to show Toonces how terrible mods are in Blitz. And that we need 3 planets. 1 is dumb, cause someone just caps and holds. (except on the rare occasion that a pro slips up). 2 planets just means the team with most wisdom wins... Cause each team has a planet. 3 requires the teams to split up and many caps happen and it's way more exciting and enjoyable. Even when it was 2v2 it was very fun. Even more fun, I think. So please vote. And when I say "no mods" I mean "no weapon modules" the other mods I could care less about.

- Blueberry/Apple/Cinnamon/Craisin Muffin
Last edited by -Muffin- on Tue May 25, 2010 2:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

ArdRhys4

Re: Vote: No mods and 3 planets for Blitz.

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue May 25, 2010 1:22 am

-Muffin- wrote:Well, since I seem to have a lot of supporters, I decided to make this vote. I want to show Toonces how terrible mods are in Blitz. And that we need 3 planets. 1 is dumb, cause someone just caps and holds. (except on the rare occasion that a pro slips up). 2 planets just means the team with most wisdom wins... Cause each team has a planet. 3 requires the teams to split up and many caps happen and it's way more exciting and enjoyable. Even when it was 2v2 it was very fun. Even more fun, I think. So please vote. And when I say "no mods" I mean "no weapon modules" the other mods I could care less about.

- Blueberry/Apple/Cinnamon/Craisin Muffin
I can't vote because it won't let me for some reason, but I agree with you. Toonces has already decreed that mods are here to stay, so lets have mods at least be more difficult to attain / more of a sacrifice to attain. I say 800k-1mil is a good price for weapon mods and 400-600k for attribute mods. Who is with me!? (also, sup blueberry. I didn't know that blue was muffin^^. How have you been since boundless?)

Draze

Post by Draze » Tue May 25, 2010 1:40 am

YES!!!! This is how blitz will stay fun. Right now who ever caps col first basically wins cause of a tract FP team and rest nuking and defending.

Caia

Post by Caia » Tue May 25, 2010 2:03 am

3 Planets, yes. Leave mods and learn to play as a team.

Woots

Post by Woots » Tue May 25, 2010 2:28 am

RAWR!

In other news: 3 planets, really expensive mods or none at all (I'd prefer the second one :P) and the BLITZ CALL! (+ corbomite)

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Tue May 25, 2010 2:35 am

Ard Im just Muffin. Lol. I was just saying that I'm a muffin with apples blueberrys cinnamon and craisins :P
Caia wrote:3 Planets, yes. Leave mods and learn to play as a team.
Caia. Getting rid of mods creates MUCH more teamwork. Did you play Blitz before there was mods? There was a reason I played it all through the night lol.
hey. The 3 that already voted, vote again. I updated the poll

Caia

Post by Caia » Tue May 25, 2010 2:57 am

Caia. Getting rid of mods creates MUCH more teamwork. Did you play Blitz before there was mods? There was a reason I played it all through the night lol.
Yes. Having one person go in and slide the defenses doesn't constitute "teamwork".

I rescind that. Tractor beam needs to be taken down in power considerably.

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue May 25, 2010 5:08 pm

• With or without mods, there is teamwork. However, some mods are a bit overpowered and create a system in which everyone gets X Y Z and leaves A B C D E F G etc. This is both boring and doesn't create teamwork. However, with mods, at the end of the last season, the blitzers had learned how to take out a flowerer with flower or tractor or teamwork or avenger or a combination there-of. With three planets, we would have two-three people set out as "cappers" with 8 lasers, 1 flower, and a battleship with 12k shields to protect the dome at the beginning (in larger games) and a couple of bargers with lasers, full shields, and flower (at times). Other combination were used, but this was the generally accepted one for poor non-tokeners.
  • This system meant that the start of the game would leave one team with 2 planets and the other with 1 (although it has happened that it came out to be 3-0). The second team would then send 1 person to attack one planet while the rest of the team (other than 1 other person on planet) attacking the second planet or some other plan that would lead to either a large number of deaths on both sides or the capture of a planet by one of the teams. Upon capturing planets, people would set up barge-routes with lasers/nukes and (in larger games) people would try to attack enemy supply lines (more teamwork). This game had basically non-stop action unless you were stuck on a team full of noobs.
  • Was flower over-powered? Only if the enemy did not know how to counter it. Generally, 1 good flower on planet could take 2-3 enemy units. 2 if at least 1 had flower (one flowers the flowerer and the second caps). Another good tactic is to destroy the defenses around the flowerer and scare them and then start hurting them until they have to retreat at which point you capture or kill them if they decide to risk it and stay. ANOTHER tactic to defeat a flowerer is to have someone come in next to dome and fire shots and try to bait them into following them away from dome. Should the bait be taken, someone with a tractor can capture them and move them away while other player takes the cap. ANOTHER tactic is to have someone in front(or two) move as a shield against flower/lasers and allow person behind to take capture (works even better with frontal people being flowers). ANOTHER tactic is to create a hole in the laser defense and have tractor risk his neck to tractor the defender and allow team to capture. ANOTHER tactic is to just nuke the crap out of the defender (warning, does not work if the defender has a pd defender). Some other good tactics include baiting them outside planet with a flowerer outside disallowing them from reentering planet (can be done by having large force attack one of planets).
  • Some tactics to take out a tractorer are: (1)Nuke his arse. (2)counter tractor when he/she tries to tractor you and ally goes in for cap. (3)Flower power. (4)Destroy his lasers from afar from one side and have avenger slide and cap while he is distracted with other enemy.
Now, for these reasons, mods are still fun. I have fun either way. The fact is, however, that it is boring to not have anyone there and people dislike mods. From this, I can assume that more players will play that server if it has no mods.

/Ramble over

Woots

Post by Woots » Tue May 25, 2010 8:12 pm

Only problem to above strategies is layouts and large amounts of defs.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue May 25, 2010 8:33 pm

leave planets, no efing mods

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Wed May 26, 2010 5:22 am

VOTE PEOPLE. WE NEED TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!

Caia

Post by Caia » Wed May 26, 2010 6:39 am

-Muffin- wrote:VOTE PEOPLE. WE NEED TO MAKE SOMETHING HAPPEN!
Yes, because this game is run in the form of a democracy. /facepalm

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Wed May 26, 2010 2:32 pm

We can make it a democracy :)

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Wed May 26, 2010 8:52 pm

-Muffin- wrote:We can make it a democracy :)
An internet revolution? Really? That was facepalm material, muffin. Sorry.
You are kewl, but... /facepalm

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Wed May 26, 2010 10:01 pm

lol
/facepalm self
:D
/eat self

yummy

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:16 pm

-Muffin- wrote:lol
/facepalm self
:D
/eat self

yummy
OMG. What will we do with muffin having eaten himself and now being in a pocket-dimension within his own arse?

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Thu May 27, 2010 4:01 am

Oh it's ok. I awlays have some extra muffins lying around. Just transfered my consciousness into another :)