Oldest Game players of all time

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:35 pm

Starwynd wrote:A bit of advice, in any game ever you are going to have precisely 100 times the number of people claim they were "totally in beta" Than the amount of people that were actually there.
I am one of the few (maybe even the only one) that can prove I've been playing since Beta:

On the following screenshot you can see that I have a SGE_beta setup and even though my computer is configurated in Dutch you should be able to comprehend it was last modified "wednesday 26th of Novembre 2003".

The reason the other 2 dates are much more recent is that that particular computer was highly unstable and I had to reinstall windows and recovered my data afterwards.

Of course that was the last time I played SGE in Beta so I started playing at least 1 or 2 months earlier than that.

Unless someone can prove they played earlier than that I guess I'm the answer to your question :p

Nightmare

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:04 pm

December 04 i think

Scotty

Post by Scotty » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:18 pm

I have played on and off for about 2 and a half years now, about to go on three.

I started about 2 weeks after the Boundless Sea banged, and have been here at least on the forums all that time.

I wish I had been around when the beta was here, that would have been awesome.

..::EDIT::.. oh and I know my forum joined date does not say that, but that was because during one of the spammings back in june or july my account got inadvertantly deleted by the admins.

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:29 am

June 04 for me.

Hazzaz

Post by Hazzaz » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:33 am

Hey poeple, don't know if ANYONE remembers me lol, was quite powerful at one point :D lol but I'm coming back on now to see if aniyone does lol

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:17 am

Downloaded Sge November 04, but I didn't really start playing till January because when I first looked at the game it seemed kinda flaky and not worth my time ;)

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:30 am

MuTAnT wrote:Downloaded Sge November 04, but I didn't really start playing till January because when I first looked at the game it seemed kinda flaky and not worth my time ;)
I think we all had that at some point.

me first time playing:

"Crappy graphics. And WTF am I supposed to do?"

3 hours later:

"Suuuch crappy graphics!!!"

2 years later:

"

Mr Aaron Hunter,

you receive this letter because we, the people dealing with the mental situation of the person known to you as MadAce, believe it is well within your rights to know the consequences of what you have done. We believe, after careful evaluation and with the knowledge and experience of our combined years in various fields of the psychological profession, that Mr. MadAce is unlikely to recover from his addiction in any conceivable time. His life and mind have been bankrupted. The damage persists up to the very core of his synaptic pathways and can not be undone with any foreseeable technology.
We ask you, in the interest of the mental wellbeing of all your customers, to shut down your game. Please do so as soon as possible to avoid more casualties.
If you do not comply we see no alternative but to contact US legal authorities.

With most regard,

Stuivenberg Hospital, Psychiatric department,

Antwerp, Belgium

ps: Do you have any idea what "colony pollution" is? Our patient keeps shouting it in his nightmares and we need a frame of reference to help him.

"

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:18 pm

haha... I started playing 3 weeks after I dl'ed it, becuase I was browsing the forums, and I saw the Perma idea, and I was like

PEERRRMMMAA!

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:20 pm

I was showing the game to a mate I noticed a perma was launched.

I started crying on the spot.

:cry:

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:07 pm

MadAce wrote:Stuivenberg Hospital, Psychiatric department,
Lmfao I actually now that hospital :lol:

Yeah the banging of P1 was a huge shocker.

Nightmare

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:39 pm

Starwynd wrote:
General_Neox wrote:im surprised no one has mentioned me, i'm incredibly annoying
Do i know you?

Staker

Post by Staker » Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:45 pm

I used to play... I started in Feb 2006. Was in BR :) Good times :D

Talak.Winstar
Location: In Space, contemplating how exactly to negate the crappy events of OMD and BND story arcs.

Post by Talak.Winstar » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:03 pm

MadAce wrote:
MuTAnT wrote:Downloaded Sge November 04, but I didn't really start playing till January because when I first looked at the game it seemed kinda flaky and not worth my time ;)
I think we all had that at some point.

me first time playing:

"Crappy graphics. And WTF am I supposed to do?"

3 hours later:

"Suuuch crappy graphics!!!"

2 years later:

"

Mr Aaron Hunter,

you receive this letter because we, the people dealing with the mental situation of the person known to you as MadAce, believe it is well within your rights to know the consequences of what you have done. We believe, after careful evaluation and with the knowledge and experience of our combined years in various fields of the psychological profession, that Mr. MadAce is unlikely to recover from his addiction in any conceivable time. His life and mind have been bankrupted. The damage persists up to the very core of his synaptic pathways and can not be undone with any foreseeable technology.
We ask you, in the interest of the mental wellbeing of all your customers, to shut down your game. Please do so as soon as possible to avoid more casualties.
If you do not comply we see no alternative but to contact US legal authorities.

With most regard,

Stuivenberg Hospital, Psychiatric department,

Antwerp, Belgium

ps: Do you have any idea what "colony pollution" is? Our patient keeps shouting it in his nightmares and we need a frame of reference to help him.

"
This is has got to be the biggest Hoax madace has ever crafted in the history of the forums..

BTW: I began playing February of 06.

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:46 pm

Talak.Winstar wrote:This is has got to be the biggest Hoax madace has ever crafted in the history of the forums..
Sorry Talak but I feel you're being a little insensitive here!!!

I for one don't believe that Madace's mental state is something you should be making light of!!!

moleman

Talak.Winstar
Location: In Space, contemplating how exactly to negate the crappy events of OMD and BND story arcs.

Post by Talak.Winstar » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:52 pm

Moleman wrote:
Talak.Winstar wrote:This is has got to be the biggest Hoax madace has ever crafted in the history of the forums..
Sorry Talak but I feel you're being a little insensitive here!!!

I for one don't believe that Madace's mental state is something you should be making light of!!!

moleman
W8, Madace is for REAL this time?! 0.0

Meh, sorry for being an donkey there, even though madace never cared if he was being insensitive to any of the other people he responded to half the time. (namely myself.)

duece

Post by duece » Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:22 pm

Starwynd wrote:I remember when he started, it was around the bang of golden age and i was in Whose on first terrorizing luna, robotchicken was in this corp that drove us nuts around a starbase.
Haha i remember that, was a very fun time for me, after i joined dk's corp.
Corporation membder dk has logged in.
(Once more into the breech) Admiral dk: Hey, remember how yesterday WoF lasered our system and invaded 3 of our planets?

(Once more into the breech) Colonel Roboticchicken: yeah

(Once more into the breech) Admiral dk: Well i was thinking, lets do it to them.

(Once more into the breech) Colonel Roboticchicken: theyll crush us

(Once more into the breech) Admiral dk: rofl ya

(Once more into the breech) Colonel Roboticchicken: ok im in

metroidp4

Post by metroidp4 » Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:14 pm

well, i started playing perma1 as xeldor with my friend venom35 somewher between September 2005 and December 2005, somewhere around december and january, we started playing FW after losing a minor war to BM which cost us all like 20 of our planets. But we were terrible at the time and only built and could barely fight. On FW my name was Qel-droma (many ppl will remember me as a noob). Venom kept his name. We quit and came back every so often, and now were basically inactive.

-Crypto-

Post by -Crypto- » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:09 am

I played for like a day when there were no Permas yet then i was like meh this game sux becuase I had NO IDEA what to do and then I came back to it like 4 months later and got bored again then i got a friend to play with me and then we got the hang of it and now yeah...

Ivory.
Location: UK, England, Europe, Earth, Sol System, 11th Dimension

Post by Ivory. » Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:00 pm

I used 2 play lodz

might b making comeback

need good corp :twisted:

Roe

Post by Roe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:24 pm

I've been here since late 2004, under a different name. Quit in November of 2004 for almost a year, then came back as Roe.

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:36 am

I think I joined after npc credit reduction patch, but before solar cannons were put in :D So I guess I played sge for 4 years now (with 1-2 year breaks in between).

TombstoneHand

Post by TombstoneHand » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:49 am

I think the oldest is Nightmare.

squeemish

Post by squeemish » Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:54 pm

Go to your c:\program files\starportge\ directory and look for a file called FirstTimeRan.dat and look at the date for that file. Assuming you've not upgraded your PC in years you can find your SGE life start date.

My old machine shows a FirstTimeRan file date of June 11th 2004, patch 135.

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:54 pm

squeemish wrote:Go to your c:\program files\starportge\ directory and look for a file called FirstTimeRan.dat and look at the date for that file. Assuming you've not upgraded your PC in years you can find your SGE life start date.

Sweet Squeemish, thx for the info, I don't think I'll be able to do that on my old comp though, it's been through a rough time the past couple of years.

Nightmare

petertje

Post by petertje » Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:39 am

squeemish wrote:Go to your c:\program files\starportge\ directory and look for a file called FirstTimeRan.dat and look at the date for that file. Assuming you've not upgraded your PC in years you can find your SGE life start date.

my firsttimeran file says: =‘F

hmm...

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:07 am

You do know you're suppose to right click on that file and select "properties" then you get the first launch date...

Maybe you were serious I dunno, it's the internet, I might have misinterpretted.

Nightmare

petertje

Post by petertje » Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:48 pm

No, i didn't know that...

It says 6 april 2007, so I guess I reïnstalled the game at some point.

Oh well...

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:25 am

the first rebang i played was the one just before lasers came in - they appeared in starbase but were "not yet in stock"

i don't know when that was

edit; apparently i joined up to the forums 3rd june 05, but i think i lurked for at least a month before joining.

cheeser

Post by cheeser » Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:41 am

aye, says dec. 30, 2007....cause i got a new comp. for christmas :)

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Post by Knives. » Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:21 am

I think I've actually played since perma 1......but I've played on and off since then...and took breaks that lasted from like 6 months to 1 year in many cases. :P

And eventually quit like 9 months ago. 8)