POSSIBLE MULTI ACCOUNTER (mebbe im nuts)

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

Nukes or G-14's?

Nukes
83%
G-14 negotiators
17%
Torps all the way
No votes

Total votes: 6

Phase
Location: Invading your colony wile you waste time reading the forum.

POSSIBLE MULTI ACCOUNTER (mebbe im nuts)

Post by Phase » Sat Feb 18, 2006 6:56 pm

Well i found a nice system to colonize in a rebang, everything is going well, but on day one my corp runs into a guy with a sethdar, a noob in a sethdar. We manage to fight him off with our garbage barges. But he has the NERVE to build a volcanic planet RIGHT NEXT TO OUR HOMEOWLRD, orbiting THE SAME GAS GIANT, anyway it just came out of UN protection, and Ive devised some sort of a plan on taking it.
the main issue is the solar cannon. I have a battleship, 200k shield money, and my colony is saving up for an ISC but i havnt got near the rep. once the first 4 laser cannons are removed i can wipe out the rest with a vulture, however the solar cannon makes that solution not too favorable.

here is a screenshot, with areas highlighted.
ive dealt extensively with this layout, seems all my nemesis use this layout.
Last edited by Phase on Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Bladenaka

Post by Bladenaka » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:01 pm

hmm, hard situation, im not an expert on invading, but maybe if u would move a little insead of standing still, that could be the solution, i dont know...

Phase

Post by Phase » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:02 pm

move too much and the lasers tare you to shreds. there is very little room for movement, and hardly enough to dodge the solar

RedLeader

Post by RedLeader » Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:58 pm

what's the military setting?

Nertanef

Post by Nertanef » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:10 pm

save 8 nukes take out the first four.

if you have enough nukes it's a piece of cake...but i didn't read your nuke situation, but waiting two days should be 50 nukes and therefore plenty.

Phase

Post by Phase » Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:18 pm

Nertanef wrote:save 8 nukes take out the first four.

if you have enough nukes it's a piece of cake...but i didn't read your nuke situation, but waiting two days should be 50 nukes and therefore plenty.

this isnt a permaverse, I dont have ANY colonies that can make ANY nukes... but im working on it, my biggest is a 2.5k earthlike, after biodome ill get weapons factory, i have advanced aerodynamics so as soon as possible i will nuke it into the ground. but that wont be for a few days. im worried he has the same idea and is working on making his own nukes. I have a friend with an IG ship who will help me. I dont know if this guy knows much aobut colonizing because he only has 1k pop, i think the military setting is kind of low.

RedLeader

Post by RedLeader » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:18 am

Apologies in advance for the poor quality of images :)

Here's what I'd do if I was really desperate:

1) Neg/Grav/KILL the entry four.
2) Here's the part where you need at least two people (I'd take three or four)
3) Get the following: Two Merchant Freighters, a vulture, something high shields (CEO or that IG)
4) Vulture get tucked into far left side of the LZ, Merfs hang around in front.
5) CEO sits in front of these taking laser fire if needed. OR KEEP IT MOVING AROUND TO MOVE SOLAR.
6) Vulture does its' thing
7) Merfs shoot down any solar shots

I'm making a map which will show two possible ways of doing this..

RED = VULTURE
BLUE = MERF
YELLOW = CEO/IG

Vulture is covered by one merf, the other is with the IG - both can destroy solar shots, saving shield cash but more risk to merf.

In this radar shot, both merfs cover the vulture - it's safer for that pilot but more risky for CEO/IG - of course, the IG could take cover behind the merfs if needed.

Please note I'm figuring this in my head.. not sure if it'll work - but this is how I'd probably do it.

Nertanef

Post by Nertanef » Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:21 am

I concur, if you're desperate you can do that, alternatively you buy your nukes...

I don't know how long the day is but since you only ahve a 2.5k earthlike and it appears he's built his col rather nicely you either take it now or in two days pray to god he hasn't got 100 nukes to use on you.

Phase

Post by Phase » Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:53 am

Thanks redleader, thats perfect, if only my corp were coordinated enough... they are noobs im teaching how to play, the second they land they would panic and just sit there, the IG isnt in my corp either, and my CEO is away of vacation. Im not too worried about him having nukes too soon, he built the solar first... his population is only 1,000 cause it says large. so its safe to say hes got a biodome 1, solar, and refinery, MAYBE a radio receiver. there wouldnt be time for anything else.

but heres a quiestion, should i go with biodome upgrade 2 or weapons factory first?

Phase

Post by Phase » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:45 am

Ok, im one day away from battle now, either i take it or he takes me.
my earthlike is up to 5k pop, i also have a 2.5k arctic (no weapons factory)
my earhtlike has advanced aerordynamics, ive reinforced the defenses, it has a weapons factory churning out missiles.
i have a choice, 37.5 nukes by tomorrow, or 75 G-14's... Im not sure which i should go with, i calculated out the damage and the combined damage is equal. G-14's mean i have to take more runs at it, and perhaps lose more shields, and shield money is a big issue. I got my ISC finally, so i have photon torps to use if i run out too soon (i calculated that i WILL) it takes 2 nukes to destroy one laser, but some of them are flaks, and this might be overkill, even with the lasers. so G-14's i might be able to more efficiently take out flaks.

any opinions would be nice.

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:01 am

It sounds like a very sound plan, although it doesn't look like this player is a noob, maybe a vet from another server under a diff name. I have never seen a noob on a rebang server in a sethdar with defences like this. Hell when Death.Adder started he was puting a single line of cannons around the dome and entrance, I could invade any of his planets with a vulture solo. In fact that used to be my ship of choice for invading back in the day. All you needed was to trade for 1 Superconductor and 2 maps. and you were good to go.

Phase

Post by Phase » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:17 pm

Well im screwed, i waited till he was offline, saved up all the shield money i could, had the colony make g-14's,(75 a day) i fired them all at the lasers near the front, i saw them all hit, lost alot of shields, took 10-20 trips, and i destroyed 3 cannons. depleted every cent i had. then the owner came online and me and my corp mate faught him, we were winning, then he started launching nukes (hes quite wastefull with them) i was at maybe half shields. so hes now missing 3 laser cannons on his maxed out volcanic right next to my homeworld. i tried torping the turrets to no avail. during the fight after he started firing nukes, i got hit a couple times, and now im hiding on my 2.5k arctic with 0 shields and $3 being careful to avoid aliens. i really need some advice here, this guy bought a sethdar from day one by getting money off the admirals club, he has no medals, but spams nukes. He came and made this volcanic right next to me on about the 3rd day. theres about 2-3 days left before rebang so im thinking maybe just reinforce my defenses and make lots of exp to get bronze... i need advice bad, and despite people saying the ISC can outrun a nuke, NO IT CANT IT REALLY FREAKING CANT NO WAY, even from across the map going full boost.

Nertanef

Post by Nertanef » Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:54 am

ISC's can, you need ten dex, IG suits or SC's depending on when he fires too....

RedLeader

Post by RedLeader » Thu Feb 23, 2006 1:00 am

You're In Trouble.

Shoulda followed my plan :P I woulda come helped you :)

Phase

Post by Phase » Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:34 am

I was in the process of surrounding his planet with 120 mines (2.4 mil shield damage) when lo and behold the whole corp logs in. (well him and some other guy with a similar name) when it came to me, those 2 guys always log in at the same time, or within a few seconds of eachother... and their names are quite similar... ive also never seen them both moving at the same time... i smell a MULTI ACCOUNTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im probably crazy... they log in at the same moment that im in the middle of a grand scheme.... as if they had a leech in my corp... but thats another story. i would feel alot better if jym or toonces checked out his IP adress, the two names are Kyo and Kaos on the new explorers server

mathematiker

Post by mathematiker » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:56 am

They might be real life friends.
My corp is full of my real life friends and we organize in another forum.
In need we get together on MSN or ICQ and discuss what we should do and log in the game and do what we agreed to do.

If you're attacking them or they are attacking you, this might be a plan to login together to fight you or do something else.

seth

Post by seth » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:48 pm

an isc cant outrun a nuke, hahaha, too funny. i do it all the time all you have to do is not suck donkey then its easy, but having ten dex and some arties wont hurt either.

Phase

Post by Phase » Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:05 am

Ive never seen an ISC outrun MY nukes... and it is possible to outrun them if you are already going top speed and it was fired from some good distance, but fired from about 5 ship lengths away from a dead stop on both ships, you cant outrun it.

Nertanef

Post by Nertanef » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:41 am

Phase, i've outran your nukes plenty of times :/

When you think you've got a "hit" that'd be lag speaking, since i had a ping of like 35.. or 30.

But yeah, i've outran them on multiple occasions

dirt

Post by dirt » Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:49 pm

And Wtf dude you just go around throwing accusations of multi? NARC....let me guess your that kid who "tattles" on someone for taking a cookie right? Little Narc......i have an idea.......Im pretty sure you told me you were a multi accounter......hmmmmmmm...someone should check this guy out...i think he's a multier!

Vadia

Post by Vadia » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:52 pm

Lets let this thread die. If you have specific accusations please E-mail support@playtechtonics.com