Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

How did you come across starport??

heard from a friend
36%
was searching for a free game on a search engine
39%
found it on a advertisement
9%
found it on a website with a link to it(or a blog about it)
14%
read about in a newspaper(or magizine or other non internet read)
2%

Total votes: 96

pbhead

HOW were you recruted to starport??

Post by pbhead » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:51 pm

OTHER voters=0

I AM putting this here
1. to see where we came from ( I came from a google advertisment)

2. to help toonces understand how we came here and how to get more players. (and more tokens brought :twisted: )

edit hmmm... my last poll option (other) did not appear..... so.... type a post in here if you have a "other" way you found starport.

EDIT hmmm.....if you want to vote "OTHER" say I vote OTHER(and how you found starport) in a post and i will edit this post to give a count of "other" voters.

edit to the edit can mods change polls? make things easyer on me.
Last edited by pbhead on Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Swordremains

Post by Swordremains » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:05 pm

Meh... I remember the day...

Was on download.com looking for free mmorpgs.

Found a few and they were gay.

Then I found Starport: Galactic Empires sitting there.

Downloaded it and fell in love.

Bladenaka

Post by Bladenaka » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:53 pm

i got it from a page that had a list of mmorpg and there it was, omg i saw the grafics and i said, well they are not so bad, and i tried it and stayed! i also played Star Sonata, but it sux, its too gay!

Bluemax

Post by Bluemax » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:40 am

Just like Swordremains, from download.com.

Now I'm hooked..... oh god!

Shadow45

Post by Shadow45 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:51 am

heard bout it from s friend but at first i kinda didnt see any reason to play it then i played it and became obssesed :lol:

bdaycake

Post by bdaycake » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:18 am

like pbhead, i saw it in a google ad, and like bladenaka, i ditched Star Sonata for it! I love the game, Star Sonata colonies had a tendency to die the first 20 minutes from AIs or JErkoff losers who p2p and were level 500-5000

freebird

Post by freebird » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:47 am

found it on download.com and now im addicted :(

MelkoR

Post by MelkoR » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:53 am

download.com

what? did you expect me to say something like i was drunk and my head landed on the keyboard typing www.starportgame.com into the address bar then i clicked go just to check it out? ha!

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:30 pm

That's how I found mmorpg.com...

And there I found Starport. Rather late since I was testing all the games in alphabetical order.

The rest is (undocumented) history.

Bladenaka

Post by Bladenaka » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:45 pm

MadAce wrote:That's how I found mmorpg.com...

And there I found Starport. Rather late since I was testing all the games in alphabetical order.

The rest is (undocumented) history.

it happened to me that way too

Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:50 pm

Ermmm, found it at none of the above?? I was actually looking for something with a 'Frontier' (Elite II + III) element, and this was about the closest I could find............ Damn I miss those games! My brother actually works for Dave Braeburn at Frontier, and even he can't say when Elite IV is coming out, their site has been saying coming soon for 2 years now :lol:

Nertanef

Post by Nertanef » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:54 pm

A friend of mine who posted it on a board, we played armageddon for awhile we started getting somewhere but got slaughtered. (but flying an IG making other noobs run were fun ;P)

He left after awhile i pressed on, met ruby on another rebang hooked up with him (us being relativly new) Then met Redleader (freelancer was in there somewhere but he really didn't commit after empire took out our bases)

ooh and i believe Droid won that armageddon game...i think he was called droid, i know his pic was an android.

Khayman

None of he above

Post by Khayman » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:19 pm

I found the game while on www.gamehippo.com A lot of MMO's and this was the only one I liked.

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:19 pm

A friend of mine told me about a new MMO in beta version so we went to www.starportgame.com and downloaded it, he played 1-2 servers and I played 3 I think, winning 2 out of 3 :P.

Ah the old days, precious memories, I'll never forget some of the battles I had then :P.

Nightmare
Last edited by Nightmare on Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthEspectro

Post by DarthEspectro » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:03 pm

I was refered to this game by another player. Dunno how he found it, and he shall remain anonymous as I don't want people bugging him or me over it. :P

Gen

Post by Gen » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:09 pm

As I recall, I found it CNET.com. Downloaded about ten games from there. Still haven't played the others.

Vadia

Post by Vadia » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:11 pm

Gamespot.com

Phase
Location: Invading your colony wile you waste time reading the forum.

Post by Phase » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm

i found it by searching for mmorpgs that i do peridocially, untill i found starport, now i go on star sonata and spam people "GO PLAY STARPORT AT www.STARPORTGAME.cOM OR ILL RIP YOUR GUTS OUT!!! ITS BETTER THAN STAR SONATA AND ITS FREE DONT PAY FOR THIS CRAP GO PLAY IT NOW!!!!"

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:25 pm

Phase wrote:i found it by searching for mmorpgs that i do peridocially, untill i found starport, now i go on star sonata and spam people "GO PLAY STARPORT AT www.STARPORTGAME.cOM OR ILL RIP YOUR GUTS OUT!!! ITS BETTER THAN STAR SONATA AND ITS FREE DONT PAY FOR THIS CRAP GO PLAY IT NOW!!!!"
rofl!!!!

wow i think we have a large varity of answers!

toonces, does this kinda tell you where we all came from, and where more of us will comefrom?

the poll and this topic will (unless locked by the evil mods:roll: ) continue forever. so a better understanding will happen as time progresses.

Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:31 pm

pb, not sure if polls can be edited as I have never started one myself, but could you add another choice, say 'other' maybe?

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:44 pm

Agamemnon wrote:pb, not sure if polls can be edited as I have never started one myself, but could you add another choice, say 'other' maybe?

i already tryed to edit it..... as soon as the poll went up i saw that the "other" went missing....

i did not press the add poll option for the last one. aparently you need a blank poll option at the bottom so that your last option does not get cut off.

EDIT hmmm.....if you want to vote "OTHER" say I vote OTHER in a post and i will edit my original post to give a count of "other" voters.

anoter edit: Can mods change polls? make things easyer on me. add a other option if you can.
Last edited by pbhead on Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:47 pm

I see, well thanks anyways PlumBum :lol:

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:54 pm

Agamemnon wrote:I see, well thanks anyways PlumBum :lol:

*faints* you didnt say peaunt butter! yay!

plumbum is roman for lead, and hence the abreviation for my name... (and its also in the peridic table of elements, hence my location.)

well, back on topic.....

Agamemnon

Post by Agamemnon » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:59 pm

Yeah I knew that, it's also where the word plumber comes from, because they made their pipes from plumbum

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:05 pm

Agamemnon wrote:Yeah I knew that, it's also where the word plumber comes from, because they made their pipes from plumbum

yep! but then of cource people started to get lead posioning.....

which is why lead is not used for pipes anymore.

and if someone gets mad at me, and says "YOU LITTLE CRETIN!!!!1111 come BACK HERE SO I CAN EAT YOUR BRAINZZZ!!1!!!!!!11!"

i could say, fine.

and we REALLY got to get back on topic...

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:20 am

bumbing so more people can vote!
and post.
and get back on topic.

actually i was playing a zombie eat your brainzzzzzz!!!!!!111!!! sort of game when i found the google add.... dont ask how the hell i started playing a zombie game.... not into that kinda thing at all, actually if this thread needs another bumb i will explane it, i guess....

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:43 am

FINE! be that way!

i was waiting for my new computer(i have it now, its still in its box) and i was antzy to play my new game, CIV IV and so i went on to civfanics to pass the time... in some one's signature(as long as 5 lines, unheardof!) it said dont click here or here or here or here or here or here or here or here or here or here :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

well i clicked it and in big red letters, it said MUUURRRRRGGGG!

and that he had eaten my brainzzzz and that it was stringy.

on that websight that one of those links took me to, there was a zombie game (i was bored, I was passing the time till my new computer got here) urban dead, it was called

well, like here it was limited, and so when i ran out of "action points" a google add came up i clicked, dled the client and started playing starport.

and them ofcource my computer came, and is still in its box.......... need to get it out some time.... been in there for, as long as my join date to the forums.......

grobual

Post by grobual » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:14 am

I found this game on downloads.com. And the I got others involved and addicted, like my boss, (ha, feel sorry for the illegitimate child), and my employee.

And I love Melkor's avatar. So adorable.

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:29 am

It was a couple of years ago, I was in a forum chatting up quake II when someone mentioned he had found a great new game beta called starport, so I googled it, and nothing, I then emailed the poster and asked him to send me a link to it and he did, it was on some obscure game download site, it's been forever so I can't remember the name of it anymore. I downloaded it, and ever since wether playing or not at the time I've kept it on my computer.

If someone remembers the name of the site the beta was listed on around late summer 03 let me know. It's just been so damn long and I've been getting it from Download.com since then. But I'd like to know what the name of that old site was again.

seth

Post by seth » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:20 am

heard about it on the add toonces did on the penny arcade website.

www.penny-arcade.com i think