MORE FFAS IN BLITZ

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Should there be more free-for-all matches in blitzkrieg?

YES! Add in free-for-alls again please!!
75%
NO, I don't think there should be free-for-alls in blitz.
25%

Total votes: 8

HUSKER

MORE FFAS IN BLITZ

Post by HUSKER » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:13 am

Okay so a couple of seasons ago blitz used to have way more free-for-all matches and toonces has been slowly phasing them out for some reason? The game gets boring when every single game is just red vs blue all the time no matter how many players are playing. It gets much more fun when there are ffas and it shows more skill when you win them because you're only relying on yourself and usually just one or two other people as opposed to 7 or 8 other people in red vs. blue games. I understand that it shows leadership to win a rvb game but sometimes the people on your team just don't have what it takes to not suck... (just sayin) Vote and mail toonces because this is BBQ. I hate every single game being a RVB match with who can get the most stacked team and then have more people spec in when they know they will win.

-Muffin-

Re: MORE FFAS IN BLITZ

Post by -Muffin- » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:21 am

Just to clarify, Husker means not only Free-For-Alls (1v1v1v1v1v1v1), but also multi-team games (5v5v5, etc.).

I thought Toonces has gotten rid of multi-team games, but we got a 2v2v2 a few days ago, which means they're still in the programming. And that's odd, since we have 15+ players at peak times, but the one time we get a three person game is a 6 player game? Dafuq? I'm assuming that Toonces edited the code to only use more than two teams when it could balance the rating of 3+ teams better than 2 teams, and so it must have been in this case that the 2v2v2 had closer rating totals than a 3v3 could have had with those players.

It used to be that there were 3+ team games almost as often as rvbs, which was great! And there used to be 1v1v1v1v1v1s which were also very fun! Sure, maybe rvbs are the most fair or something, but we just want the variety. We're tired of rvbs. Please allow for more 3+ team games, even though they are less fair. I guess you could calculate the number of teams as a separate dice roll from the rating balance. That would assure more variety.

- Muffin

SUBSTITUE FAIRNESS FOR VARIETY!!

HUSKER

Post by HUSKER » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:52 am

no, you know what isn't fair? getting stuck with a bunch of noobs who no matter how much direction you give them can't do anything and just leach all of your cash away from you.

Caia

Post by Caia » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:01 am

HUSKER wrote:no, you know what isn't fair? getting stuck with a bunch of noobs who no matter how much direction you give them can't do anything and just leach all of your cash away from you.
Just like real life.

HUSKER

Post by HUSKER » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:54 am

is this game real life?

Mr Cow

Post by Mr Cow » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 am

Had a 4 team game for the first time in 2 seasons, it was crazy fun and they need to deffinatly be put back in just as much if not more than before, red vs blue is getting OLD

-Muffin-

Post by -Muffin- » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:05 am

Just to let you all know, Toonces has made it so more Multi-Team games will be happening. Didn't ask about FFAs tho. Will do.

You'll probably start to notice this later today.

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:38 pm

restoring the possibility of 1 person teams, too

HUSKER

Post by HUSKER » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:11 am

HOLY F|_|CK THANKYOU JESUS