Jeb wrote:I think it's a cool idea... But I don't think it should be able to land on colonies. Having a 21k meatshield that can drop fully shielded much faster and agile team mates? Wouldn't work.
But it is a good idea, here are a few ideas I had about it.
- Make the fuel it uses split between the players -- it wouldn't be hard to pay the first noob coming along a lot of money when you start running out of fuel to barge you wherever you want. Also discourages multiple accounts.
- As I said, it can't land on cols or it'd ruin the balance.
- The energy, turning speed and thrust need to completely suck on this ship for it to work and not completely tank everything.
- Limit the number of ships it can carry. I would think in blitz it should carry more but in a conventional galaxy (if it's even implemented there, as this seems like it'd be more of a blitz ship) probably cap at 2-4.
- Make it bigger and so much slower than the other ships. Huge, in fact. So huge and slow that it makes it entirely impractical to use it offensively.
- A small selections of auto turrets to mount it with that use the ships energy -- player can turn to manual, auto or slow auto (to not burn energy, as full auto would wreck the slowly-regenerating energy)... this is because it's a carrier... It'd be easy to outrun and avoid, but it shouldn't be a complete sitting duck.
- The whole barge other player ideas is brilliant, why split fuel? Encourages a new way of making money for noobs, I like it.
- Well that goes without saying, energy, turning and speed should be vulture like.
- 8 should be the cap, too low and it limits the large war'esque elements of it.
- Size has no affect on speed? ISC is far larger than a merch but also far faster, and anyway it being large once again goes without saying.
- Something like that would be cool.
I doubt the ship would be overpowered, or even that widely used, more of a niche for certain cols, wars, barging and mainly blitz