exerior buildings

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

GuardianDragon

exerior buildings

Post by GuardianDragon » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:39 pm

I think...it would be a good idea to have buildings outside of the dome.
A building that you can hold in your bays and deploy on the surface of a planet. the building can be moved around like a turret, unlike the biodome.
The Buildings could all do different things like, one could increase moral/hour by .5 or pop/hour by 10. Lets say it can even increase harvest on a specific recourse, and another building could lower pollution/day.
The buildings would be deployed anywhere on the planet, they can be replaced, destroyed, and moved. Only downside about using this is that you would take up space on the planet so you would have less space for defenses.
now who like? :D

GRAWRG.

Re: exerior buildings

Post by GRAWRG. » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:35 am

idk if i like it. i think you need to expand. your idea is to have NEW buildings introduced... and have them available OUTSIDE of the biodome?

these buildings would be built on col? how many can be built? does it vary per planet type?

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:46 pm

I actually thought about these, but I didn't want to make my post to long that people didn't read it at all like my last post.

To answer your questions, I think they can only be bought from bases. It wouldn't make sense to build buildings at a "weapons factory"
They aren't just built, they are placed on a planet, then can be taken off as easily as a turret, and put back on as easily at a turret. Just to make this very easy make, the buildings are almost exactly like turrets in the way they are placed, they take space on the planet and the maximum amount you can have on a planet is the same as the turrets. you know how you get the warning saying that there are already to many turrets? the buildings will take space up like the turrets on the planet surface. So you could have the planet full of these buildings but not a single defense. The pop would probably be maxed with moral at top, with like no pollution even, but the planet would be easy to take...Or you can have what we have now, all defenses with no buildings and just focus on defense...or do a mix with some buildings so you have defenses and have jsut enough buildings to get another shot out of the solar and have some defenses.
The varying planet types? If you want my opinion I don't think planet type should matter, maybe some buildings are affected by planet type and others aren't.

I just thought of a good way of describing this. It's a lot like mods on a ship, the maximum on a ship is 8, and the maximum on a planet is whatever the max tons are. Mods are here to improve the ship like the buildings would be to improve the dome.

If you want exterior building names then I guess I'll give it a shot.
observatory=improves research by 2%
planetary dynamo=turrets shoots 2% faster
turret armor refinery- turrets take more damage <---arguable, I'm a bit against it
mine labratory= allows CM's to take one more hit (limit one per planet)
heck, buildings can do anything that toonces thinks can make the game fun and maintain balance. (So don't expect a mod/building to let solars shoots quicker and do more damage, because then you wouldn't need defenses and you'd just have an impossible solar cannon.)

Faint

Post by Faint » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:06 pm

i kinda like this idea...sacrificing defense space for something else to have a better colony..And solars are fine..if anything we need new defense content..i honestly would like to see some super turrets created....or even invisable traps that invaders cant see...you know...things to make it more intresting lol...