Yes? No? Maybe so?

BardockSGE

Re: One world government

Post by BardockSGE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 am

Hard to imagine.

MutedJazz

Post by MutedJazz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 am

Only if Viper1 was the executive, Kukamanga was the Minister in charge of Growth, Pimp was the Minister in charge of "Entertainment," Papa.John was the Minister in charge of Aggressive Actions (hey, not everyone will want to comply with the World Order), Major.Arse was in charge of Agriculture (including hops), CrazyChef was Minister of Rations, and Toonces was NOT the Minister in charge of Technology.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:45 am

MutedJazz wrote:Only if Viper1 was the executive, Kukamanga was the Minister in charge of Growth, Pimp was the Minister in charge of "Entertainment," Papa.John was the Minister in charge of Aggressive Actions (hey, not everyone will want to comply with the World Order), Major.Arse was in charge of Agriculture (including hops), CrazyChef was Minister of Rations, and Toonces was NOT the Minister in charge of Technology.
And Jazz for a "Yes Man".

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:22 am

I wish there was a world government. a communist one at that. ^-^

and this would be the anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zfRkdWd2Qg Tis very epic

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:56 pm

I believe untill the world is controlled by a single governing body we will not truly achieve what we collectively are capable of achieving.

My view of what would occur is that if There is only one government we wont need a standing army to defend ourselves against other nations as there wont be any (note i do not sugest we get rid of all military forces). Therefore most of the military budget can be redirected into space programs. (imho the most important thing we can fund at this time).
I believe that untill this occurs no one nation is going to be capable of funding the kind of space programs needed to really truly begin learning about the vast ocean of space we live in.

sadly i dont think this will ever be possible untill we begin looking at eachother as earthlings instead of british,american,french,indian etc.

untill people view others as equals i dont think any one governing entity would ever work.

mcdfatty

Post by mcdfatty » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:13 pm

When Jesus has his second coming to the earth... he will be supreme ruler... :mrgreen:

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:36 pm

I'm not exactly for one world government as it's not a prerequisite or success. I'm for a general ideology of governing, globally followed. That should suffice.

Well... As long as it's my ideology.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:35 pm

LordSturm wrote:I believe untill the world is controlled by a single governing body we will not truly achieve what we collectively are capable of achieving.

My view of what would occur is that if There is only one government we wont need a standing army to defend ourselves against other nations as there wont be any (note i do not sugest we get rid of all military forces). Therefore most of the military budget can be redirected into space programs. (imho the most important thing we can fund at this time).
I believe that untill this occurs no one nation is going to be capable of funding the kind of space programs needed to really truly begin learning about the vast ocean of space we live in.

sadly i dont think this will ever be possible untill we begin looking at eachother as earthlings instead of british,american,french,indian etc.

untill people view others as equals i dont think any one governing entity would ever work.
omg so true ^-^ if only people would settle their diffrences... D:

Caia

Post by Caia » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:47 am

So long as its small and doesn't tax me much.

By the way, first Tuesday in November is Election day in the US. Vote Libertarian.

fredfredburger

Post by fredfredburger » Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:35 pm

2 words.

your crazy.

Caia

Post by Caia » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:02 am

fredfredburger wrote:2 words.

your crazy.
My tax dollars for public schools at work.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:02 am

so while you're talking about things that are never going to happen, IM gonna go get ready for my date with megan fox.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:14 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:so while you're talking about things that are never going to happen, IM gonna go get ready for my date with megan fox.
It will happen. It's only a matter of time.

GRAWRG.

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:08 pm

i think humanity will be wiped out long before we evolve to that point. my date with megan fox went quite well btw.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:10 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:i think humanity will be wiped out long before we evolve to that point.
Perhaps mankind won't be around by then. Well, not as we know it anyways.

SuiSlide

Post by SuiSlide » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:15 pm

China takes over the USA due to the amount of money we owe the chinese. Russians go to war with the New republic of China. China/USA win and assimilate russia. Soon the rest of the world followes. One Government follows. I would welcome this. I would hope that it would help the world focus on going up.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:22 pm

SuiSlide wrote:China takes over the USA due to the amount of money we owe the chinese. Russians go to war with the New republic of China. China/USA win and assimilate russia. Soon the rest of the world followes. One Government follows. I would welcome this. I would hope that it would help the world focus on going up.
None of the nations you mentioned has or will have any reason to do what you suggested.

Unification trough conquest is a 19th century concept.

skynet

Post by skynet » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:41 pm

MadAce wrote:I'm not exactly for one world government as it's not a prerequisite or success. I'm for a general ideology of governing, globally followed. That should suffice.

Well... As long as it's my ideology.
the topic has been answered by this statement of MadAce. Now lets go to Jon Stewarts' rally for sanity.

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 pm

If there was one world government this is what would happen:

The 1 'country' would have to be split up into about 100 states (similar to the U.S system) because 1 man (president) wouldn't be able to control an entire world.

Then, one state would have a conflict of interest with another (for any reason, land? oil? culture? religion? anything), then, they would either attack the other state or threaten the entire country.

Then, they would either break free, or be flattened (via missiles :L), if they break free, others would want independence, then more would, then more, then more, untill there are 100 countries, and we're back to where we started.

Different groups of people = Conflict of interest, e.g muslim culture wouldn't go with European society, laws published in America wouldn't satisfy strict Arabs, etc. People are just to different to be groups together.

Its impossible for it to work.

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:14 pm

in order for a one world government to work we'd need to reduce the population of earth by at least a half. it simply cannot sustain itself as is. my first order as president of earth would be to steralise every second child born for one generation
i'll probably get slaughtered for my views but i stand by them 100%

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:19 pm

If I was the king of the world; I'd kill all men and ugly women.

Then force the Hotties to 'breed' for 'survival'.

:D

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Wed Nov 17, 2010 7:22 pm

0zzy wrote:If there was one world government this is what would happen:

The 1 'country' would have to be split up into about 100 states (similar to the U.S system) because 1 man (president) wouldn't be able to control an entire world.

Then, one state would have a conflict of interest with another (for any reason, land? oil? culture? religion? anything), then, they would either attack the other state or threaten the entire country.

Then, they would either break free, or be flattened (via missiles :L), if they break free, others would want independence, then more would, then more, then more, untill there are 100 countries, and we're back to where we started.

Different groups of people = Conflict of interest, e.g muslim culture wouldn't go with European society, laws published in America wouldn't satisfy strict Arabs, etc. People are just to different to be groups together.

Its impossible for it to work.

The entire purpose of the one world government is the equal division of resources to prevent wars over water which is predicted to happen in the next 100 years (who knows if it actually will happen).

Culture would have to be eradicated or perhaps put on the back burner and everyone would have to view eachother as an earthling first and something else second.

also the very notion about invading For resources/land (imperialism) is an outdated idea.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:43 pm

All you people are too transfixed on the concept of the nation state.

It's perfectly possible to separate nation and state, you know. No reason culture would come in the way of good government.

Wagon

Post by Wagon » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:46 pm

hi im a unicorn moooooo

EDIT: Nation states arent always ideal, look at the Balkans. The serbians got banned for a reason.

Major

Post by Major » Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:03 pm

Wagon wrote:hi im a unicorn moooooo

EDIT: Nation states arent always ideal, look at the Balkans. The serbians got banned for a reason.
Cause they're French?

SiN

Post by SiN » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:03 pm

Google will take over the world...

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:59 pm

HG wells, my research paper topic, wrote extensively on this topic. We both agree that the only way this can ever happen is with massive political oppression, or in the aftermath of some great catacylsm or war.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:45 pm

JuliusCaesar wrote:HG wells, my research paper topic, wrote extensively on this topic. We both agree that the only way this can ever happen is with massive political oppression, or in the aftermath of some great catacylsm or war.
You're both wrong.

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:42 pm

So every nation on earth would just love to sacrifice part of their identity and independence on some set of ideals which may or may not work in The long run? Then why hasn't it happened? And why hasn't the whole global warming thing been internationally legislated out of existance through the use of carbon caps, green technology, etc.