Last minute bitching.

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Major

Last minute bitching.

Post by Major » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:00 pm

* Later today, all solar cannons will begin consuming 35 ore per hour instead of 25.

ok we knew that, thats cool, you gave us a week plus to let that gel

All solar cannon shots per burst will decrease 30% to allow for this change to not create ore shortages Wait ...WHAT???

Why did you (toonces) make an announcement and give me a week to make all these changes to all my planets just to monkey wrench it at the last minute?

If you said right from the top this is the way it will be I'm forced to believe you.

I am very pissed about this. Myself and my corpmate spent a ridiculous amount of fuel and time making sure our planets could support our solar cannons and you just FORCE me to revisit each col to change them AGAIN because at the last...and i mean last possible moment you decide to completely change what you gave me a week plus to prepare for.

Honestly hellion must have spent 100 hours and untold thousands of gallons of fuel this week making adjustments...this is complete I love puppies...you tell us one thing and do another.

The point is you should have said your intentions from the beginning.

I praised you for giving us a heads up on such a huge change to colony settings, ...but then you hug it up.

/slap

EDIT: This has been changed back to the original announcement.
Last edited by Major on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toonces
Site Admin

Re: Last minute bitching.

Post by Toonces » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:23 pm

I can do it the other way if you want.

Major

Post by Major » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:26 pm

Toonces wrote:I can do it the other way if you want.
damnit man just make up your mind!

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:03 pm

thats why i havent done a thing to any of my cols, waiting to see what way it'll affect them then change

Toonces
Site Admin

Post by Toonces » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:12 pm

Major wrote:
damnit man just make up your mind!
I guess I'll just do it the simple way and increase the cost without changing the number of shots, since that's all the news said.

Major

Post by Major » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:00 pm

Dave34 wrote:great now I have to do work thanks :|

if he didn't decide at the last minute to change this....which you had no way of knowing he was going to...your solars would have cut off anyways, forcing you to "do work".

...and you call me a lazyass :roll:

Drifter101

Post by Drifter101 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:10 pm

major couldnt ya have just combined solar adjusting with cleaning runs? then wouldnt hve cost you any fuel :-P

CrazyChef
2010 Starport Champion

Post by CrazyChef » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:30 pm

Perhaps Toonces can give you some fuel back lol

kenoneill

Post by kenoneill » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:32 pm

i dont know if its possible at this late hour but igp's should be left costing 25 per shot to make them stand out as something a bit tougher to take

mcdfatty

Post by mcdfatty » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:45 pm

kenoneill wrote:i dont know if its possible at this late hour but igp's should be left costing 25 per shot to make them stand out as something a bit tougher to take
I like that, because that will also make them a bit more valuable, especially on rebangs, where they are rarely used except to harvest.

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 pm

mcdfatty wrote:
kenoneill wrote:i dont know if its possible at this late hour but igp's should be left costing 25 per shot to make them stand out as something a bit tougher to take
I like that, because that will also make them a bit more valuable, especially on rebangs, where they are rarely used except to harvest.
Wonder how you punks woulda faired in the old school one shot rebangs.

But yeah, not a bad idea, I guess.. /meh

awesomepebble

Post by awesomepebble » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:17 pm

dont mess the rest of us up :( i cant be on the game til tuesday

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:40 am

Yeah c'mon. I own ~2.5m and just figured out that all my solars were hugged.

COME ON TOONCES.

At least make the damage higher then :DD

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:14 am

Jeb wrote:Yeah c'mon. I own ~2.5m and just figured out that all my solars were hugged.

COME ON TOONCES.

At least make the damage higher then :DD
No.

duece

Post by duece » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:46 am

Toonces said he'd do the solar thing like 4 days ago. Now at midnight i find out i have to go around all of my corp's colonies? I mean I'm sorry major but this is a lot worse. Please do it the other way toonces :(

Just dont drop solar on cols not losing ore.. unless that makes it harder.
Last edited by duece on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:20 am

duece wrote:Toonces said he'd do the solar thing like 4 days ago. Now at midnight i find out i have to go around all of my corp's colonies? I mean I'm sorry major but this is a lot worse. Please do it the other way toonces :(

Dude hug that, I just changed like 300 cols' solars. Get off your lazy donkey and do it.

Major

Post by Major » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:23 am

duece wrote:Toonces said he'd do the solar thing like 4 days ago. Now at midnight i find out i have to go around all of my corp's colonies? I mean I'm sorry major but this is a lot worse. Please do it the other way toonces :(

wow, ...awesome he told you personally and not ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS ...really great stuff.

seriously. i wouldn't have cared if solars cost 500 ore per hour. just let a guy know wtf is up and stick to it...honestly do you think i would have flipped my wig if i had any sort of knowledge as i guess you did?

ive talked with many players from many servers that agreed with me. ...and more that didnt cause they "HEARD A RUMOR" that solars will fix themselves.

seriously...don't make me the db cause i called out the douchebaggery. i didnt get anything changed, i called I love puppies and it was recognized.

it wasnt my idea to make solars cost 35 ore per shot....it was toonces random unwanted idea.

so dont give me "...oh major you male chicken...you made me do stuff."

im the laziest chia pet in this game and i got hugged cause i wasnt privy to the private toonce-line like some of you.

i took him on his word (word is anything i see from dev's in the news) and ran with it. crazy hugging me.

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:05 am

Major wrote:

wow, ...awesome he told you personally and not ALL THE OTHER PLAYERS ...really great stuff.

seriously. i wouldn't have cared if solars cost 500 ore per hour. just let a guy know wtf is up and stick to it...honestly do you think i would have flipped my wig if i had any sort of knowledge as i guess you did?

ive talked with many players from many servers that agreed with me. ...and more that didnt cause they "HEARD A RUMOR" that solars will fix themselves.

seriously...don't make me the db cause i called out the douchebaggery. i didnt get anything changed, i called I love puppies and it was recognized.

High sorry - edited now.
it wasnt my idea to make solars cost 35 ore per shot....it was toonces random unwanted idea.

im the laziest chia pet in this game and i got hugged cause i wasnt privy to the private toonce-line like some of you.

i took him on his word (word is anything i see from dev's in the news) and ran with it. crazy hugging me.

Dick. For one thing Toonces posted he'd autofix on THESE forums, so stop whining. Also, shut up. And lastly, Stop being a dick.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:15 am

Major wrote:

I guess you missed this post:
Toonces wrote:Just so you know, when the patch comes, it will be implemented as such:

Colonies will not consume more ore than they used to. The number of shots fired will be reduced to something that causes the ore consumed by the cannon to be less than or equal to what it was consuming before. In this way the cannons can never use up all the ore on colony causing solar cannon "brown-outs".

If you want to allocate more ore and return the cannons to firing more bullets, you will have to visit the colony. Sorry if you have a big empire but from time to time a patch may affect colonies and that's the nature of the beast. Not trying to make your life tedious just trying to make a more exciting game where the cost of a 10-shot defense is higher.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19076

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 pm

barefoot wrote: I guess you missed this post:
Toonces wrote:Just so you know, when the patch comes, it will be implemented as such:

Colonies will not consume more ore than they used to. The number of shots fired will be reduced to something that causes the ore consumed by the cannon to be less than or equal to what it was consuming before. In this way the cannons can never use up all the ore on colony causing solar cannon "brown-outs".

If you want to allocate more ore and return the cannons to firing more bullets, you will have to visit the colony. Sorry if you have a big empire but from time to time a patch may affect colonies and that's the nature of the beast. Not trying to make your life tedious just trying to make a more exciting game where the cost of a 10-shot defense is higher.
OWNED!
Last edited by Jeb on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion

Post by Saber-Fury » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:04 pm

Jeb wrote:
duece wrote: I guess you missed this post:

OWNED!
im not involved in this debate.. but..

Deuce didn't write that

FAIL

Jeb

Post by Jeb » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:12 pm

Was high bish, gimme a break :0

Major

Post by Major » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:15 pm

Barefoot wrote:
Major wrote:

I guess you missed this post:

:shock: :oops:

hug

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:29 pm

/pwnt hardcore :shock:

Wagon

Post by Wagon » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:35 pm

lol why do people still spend 100 hours + on this game?

I mean...really...maybe Hellion should go outside...

Major

Post by Major » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:34 pm

Wagon wrote:lol why do people still spend 100 hours + on this game?

I mean...really...maybe Hellion should go outside...

NONSENSE!

-PLAGUE-

Post by -PLAGUE- » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:45 pm

Ahahaham, Toonces should make a stat on profile that shows the persons total playtime on my way to RL :o