removed.

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

McGrod

removed.

Post by McGrod » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:25 pm

removed.
Last edited by McGrod on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Re: Groddies cheapskate games

Post by 0zzy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:44 pm

ur rlly bored huh o.o

Well i love final fantasy X, i totally understood the level up and everything. Legend of a game.

Hmm i recommend u try out assasins creed 2 rofl.. It has some elements of RPG but is mostly action, but is a truly epic game.

Have fun.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:18 am

anyone else want to contribute a review on games of past?

M2-Destroyer

Post by M2-Destroyer » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:13 pm

Homeworld.

You place one of two races, each race has the same story line and very similar ships, which is a major downfall.

It's a spacebased strategy game. Very good, graphics weren't perfect but the storyline was fantastic, as was online-play.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:20 pm

nice job grod. you nailed a lot of games i really dug (way of the samuri was kinda really frustrating in spots. like the dude that tossed flaming turds at you and you have to look right at him, like why must the camera stay panned right on his grill and crotch rockets, maybe i'd prefer to look over there at the guy im supposed to be attacking but for some gay reason the game wont let me jump on that platform so i can slit his throat and be done with it, perhaps have a sandwich and watch a Samual Jackson movie, not one of his shitty kids movies through, the crack head or gangster ones will do fine?). ...Sorry I havent a free game for you in return.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:53 am

Ok I like to try a lot of different games, I've been playing games for so long. I get into a lot of retro and indy games of late, one because there is a lot of creativity and variety to be found, two because a lot of times these games are free.

So here's a couple that fit your criteria: free, and "go anywhere do anything."

The Ur-Quan Masters: open source community remake and windows port of gaming gem
Star Control 2. (Whether or not you played Star Control 1 is completely irrelevant, trust me. But I do think it is abandonware now so you could find it if you were interested)

Very strong RPG elements here. There is a main storyline you are working through, but how you work through it can change every time you play it. A large part of the game takes place in detailed conversations with various alien races. What you say matters. Detailed characters and plot. The battle system is action based, through top-down spaceship battles, not unlike our own SGE. Explore the galaxy, make contact with new races, mine planets and search for artifacts and resources to aid in your cause.

http://sc2.sourceforge.net

Notrium

Indy game, pretty unique in gameplay elements. You crashlanded on an alien planet. You have to survive, and possibly escape. Choose from several character classes. You have to find shelter from the elements, so you don't freeze, or perish of heat stroke. You will also have to forage for food and energy to survive. You can construct things like radars, simple weapons or even gun turrets if you can scavenge all the components.

What I really liked about the game, the map is randomized everytime you play, and there are many possible endings for the game, depending what you do. If you choose the human class for example, you might find a way to send a distress signal to escape the hostile planet you have crashed on, or you might end the game filthy rich and the emperor of a massive mining corporation.

Lots of possibilities and choices give great replay value, and fast paced action gameplay is just plain fun.

http://db.tigsource.com/games/notrium

Well there ya go, a couple of my picks. Give em a shot, they're good. :)

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:53 pm

removed.
Last edited by McGrod on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:27 pm

removed.
Last edited by McGrod on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wagon

Post by Wagon » Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:51 pm

Om Nom Nom Nom

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:17 pm

silent hill: shattered memories for ps2.

not $$$ and worth every penny as a rental.

its a total mindfuck

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:33 pm

removed.
Last edited by McGrod on Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:56 am

Well I play this game a lot lately

http://www.ganggarrison.com/
It was an entry into tigsource's demake competition like a year ago. It is a "demake" of Team Fortress 2.

Imagine Team Fortress 2 as a side scrolling platformer and you get the idea. It was done in Game Maker. It's apparent simplicity is deceptive, it's actually very well balanced, having received many tweaks and updates since it's release, and the gameplay and skill factor are rock solid. 9 different classes to play in capture the flag or territory control scenarios, and they all kick donkey.

The key is to work together with your team. It's been out for about a year I think, and it still has a sizable and active community. Yea, it's pretty badass.

I go by Malconent<3 in game. Oh, there is no ingame chat (it is done in Game Maker after all) but you can communicate with your team using simple emoticons. (Which actually works out pretty well) But do send me a PM if I frag you there. :)

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:50 pm

thanks man ill check it out :)

omlow

Post by omlow » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 pm

zelda.