Question about colonial empires

Help for new users

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna, Major

mythdranel

Question about colonial empires

Post by mythdranel » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:56 pm

I have a question and can't find an answer for it in the forums... I was wondering if you could help answer it for me.

I had something weird happen today... I planted several domes in one day it put my total count of domes to 18... includng the several that I already owned but ever since I planted the new domes today It has not been giving me the xp for each colony... It only gives xp for the colonial empire... but the colonial empire xp does not match the xp that I was recieving prior to the newly planted colonies... Is this a bug or did I do something wrong? and if you know where I can read more about this I would love to know where ... thanks...

Mythdranel

akito

Re: Question about colonial empires

Post by akito » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:44 pm

colonial exp just adds up all the planet exp and gives it to u in hourly bursts.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:27 pm

i believe its once you hit 10 planets you get hourly empire xp and not individual. but i assure you if you added it up it would come out to the same amount. Also dont forget you share your hourly xp with your corpmates if your planets are given for corp use.

:mrgreen:

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:54 pm

Why would you plant 18 domes? Are you mentally retarded?

I am gunna PM you some advice and will go to whatever server you play at and teach you myself...

Meliza-

Post by Meliza- » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:00 am

ArdRhys4 wrote:Why would you plant 18 domes? Are you mentally retarded?

I am gunna PM you some advice and will go to whatever server you play at and teach you myself...

asshat

Armor

Post by Armor » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:03 am

Major.Arse wrote:i believe its once you hit 10 planets you get hourly empire xp and not individual. but i assure you if you added it up it would come out to the same amount. Also dont forget you share your hourly xp with your corpmates if your planets are given for corp use.

:mrgreen:
It's actually 15 planets, I believe.

ColdReign

Post by ColdReign » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:36 pm

The answer is 15 or 16, pretty damned sure its 16, but yeah.

mythdranel

Post by mythdranel » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:51 pm

Just to clarify things for anyone reading this post and its responses... I did not plant 18 domes at once... I ended up with 18 domes at the end of a game... when I planted the last batch of them that is when it turned into an empire... I did plant several in one day but that is my norm... the xp not adding up to the correct total once it became an empire was a glitch a server reset a couple of hours after my post here corrected the problem... for the jerk who said that I didn't know how to play the game and he would teach me... not necessary... Even with the lost xp for a couple of hours I came in second place... but thanks anyway...

Myth

Meliza-

Post by Meliza- » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:29 am

Dont worry.
"the jerk" cant even play.

-Meliza

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:15 pm

mythdranel wrote:Just to clarify things for anyone reading this post and its responses... I did not plant 18 domes at once... I ended up with 18 domes at the end of a game... when I planted the last batch of them that is when it turned into an empire... I did plant several in one day but that is my norm... the xp not adding up to the correct total once it became an empire was a glitch a server reset a couple of hours after my post here corrected the problem... for the jerk who said that I didn't know how to play the game and he would teach me... not necessary... Even with the lost xp for a couple of hours I came in second place... but thanks anyway...

Myth
when after a server reset yes, you do not get your full amount. however, neither does anyone else.
its corrected the next hour

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:14 pm

mythdranel wrote:Just to clarify things for anyone reading this post and its responses... I did not plant 18 domes at once... I ended up with 18 domes at the end of a game... when I planted the last batch of them that is when it turned into an empire... I did plant several in one day but that is my norm... the xp not adding up to the correct total once it became an empire was a glitch a server reset a couple of hours after my post here corrected the problem... for the jerk who said that I didn't know how to play the game and he would teach me... not necessary... Even with the lost xp for a couple of hours I came in second place... but thanks anyway...

Myth

Sorry, I was just saying that dropping 18 domes at once is kind of stupid. That is how I understood it. The fact of the matter is, if you plant 18 domes, you won't be able to build all 18 before they are stolen(unless you have a large sum of money on you, which I doubt you do). Also, I was not being a jerk, I was trying to explain to you that it is not intelligent to do that.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:17 pm

ArdRhys4 wrote:
Myth
Sorry, I was just saying that dropping 18 domes at once is kind of stupid. That is how I understood it. The fact of the matter is, if you plant 18 domes, you won't be able to build all 18 before they are stolen(unless you have a large sum of money on you, which I doubt you do). Also, I was not being a jerk, I was trying to explain to you that it is not intelligent to do that.
Says the man who has never won a re-bang!!! :lol: j/k mate

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Yea, cuz I never rebang. How many bangs have I done that I gave a crap about? I could NOT play a rebang because I can't play during weekdays, so yea. I got a top 10 once though, even after giving away my xp like 4 times.

Barefoot

Post by Barefoot » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:54 am

ArdRhys4 wrote:

Myth

This is actually not true. Strategies for building on permaverses are much different than rebangs. There are many strategies to rebangs, and throwing down 18 domes (earths/oceans) far away from sol is a viable strategy. I've won plenty of rebangs without even placing a single mine or turret. Sure, it's a bit risky, but generally only systems within 10 hops of a starbase get scanned. Rebangs are getting more competitive, but at the moment this still works on some bangs.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:11 am

it worked wonders for kuka and CC in their BB so i would think a standard rebang it would be a great tactic. you just have to find an area most people wouldnt go to

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:36 pm

it happens once you pass 15, so yes coldreign is right to say 16. also ive noticed it glitches the first hour or two, and only gives you about 2-5 exp (equal to about 1 newly-formed col, so im guessing it only registers your most recent col for the first couple hours)

godman

Post by godman » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:19 am

that is correct zim, but it does fix itself usually after the 1st hour. it would be like if you just joined a corp as well.. you dont get the entire xp for the first hour you are in the corp, but will get it the next.