I'm going to watch it
8%
I'm not going to watch it
31%

Total votes: 39

James Tyler

Battlestar Gallactica

Post by James Tyler » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:57 am

It's a great show on the SciFi channel and the new eposodes start on jan. 6.
People need to know about it.
Tell what you think if you've seen it.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:57 am

It's twists are unequalled by many other linear shows. It has a different unique, and darker style than the other scifi shows, which is more interesting, because seeing the happy go lucky crew of SG1 win all the time isnt as satisfying as just barly surviving.

It includes politics and many aspects of human greed and other emotion. This great mix of different factors makes Battlestar galactica a must see.

Nertanef

Post by Nertanef » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:04 am

While this is true, and SG-1 seems to always beat the big and the bad, most series are always going to show the good guys win.

Battlestar Galatica is more drawn out, but it also hasn't been running for 8 seasons.

The mini stories rock though

like between the robotic chick *drools* and the mad Scientist ;P

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:02 pm

I dont think I've ever laughed harder than the time when Boltar was getting his brain scanned, and he hit his head on the machine when the guy told him to be still. then when the doctor said something like "there's a nut like you on every ship." Boltar's eyes shot open and he looked at him and whispered "I'm not crazy!" Damn that facial expression is priceless.

urablahblah

Firm Grip on SciFi

Post by urablahblah » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:23 pm

I agree with Maganator (considering we talked about it for over an hour about two weeks ago). It does have politics, which adds the overall dominance of this Sci-Fi show over all others. It is much more thought provoking than StarGate, and the characters are more life-like.

The cylons are a much greater enemy than the Gou’ld, because they seem to be able to hold their tempers’. They can be touchy at times, but if you told a Gou’ld that you were going to shoot them out of an airlock, they would just as soon rip your head off.

The plot is amazing. It has twists that are unpredictable, unlike StarGate. The plot is so grabbing, that I find myself walking away in a bad mood for over an hour because they only play one stinkin’ episode at a time. Ahh… It makes me mad just thinking about it.

The characters are amazing, they are so real. You see watching the shows that they struggle with everyday problems, just like everyone else. As in StarGate, on the other hand, the characters seem to have everything planned out, always. Even if they run into insurmountable difficulty, they figure out some brilliant solution to every problem. Now, don’t get me wrong, StarGate is a WONDERFUL show, because of its futuristic Sci-Fi elements, but Battlestar Galactica had an undeniable grip on Sci-Fi shows at the moment.

-Urablahblah

And yes, I was rolling on the floor when Boltar said he wasn't crazy. :lol:

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:50 pm

you should get the fansubs then ;x.

Bender

Post by Bender » Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:11 pm

Battlestar Galactica rules guys!!!

...and now that Farscape is off the air we Sci-Fi junkies need something good, no offense StarGate fans...

Garygolf

Post by Garygolf » Fri Dec 30, 2005 7:02 pm

im a fan of both Stargates and Firefly

Battlestar is ok

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Fri Dec 30, 2005 10:38 pm

Ok, here's the Stargate scenario here. Sg-1 comes under attack by a huge amount of enemy troops! Oh no! So O'neil and the gang go around shooting a few, then either surrendur to escape later, or escape, only losing either a charecter they introduced that show, or some random soldier that you never found out the name of (Save the doctor in that one show) Or the enemy could be anihilated by a warp beam or something.

Compare that with the Battlestar galactica scenario, about 20 cylon warriors make it onto the BSG, and go around butchering everyone on board, a group of non combatants makes a barricade, when the cylons arrive their machine guns kill more than 75% of the defenders before they are finally driven off. Then when they finish terrorists attempt to kill the president and Adama and it takes the janitors months to clean up the blood stains.

Don't get me wrong, I used to enjoy SG1 coming up with crazy new ideas to save the world every time; but in these last few seasons I've been overwhelmed by the lack of seriousness. It's not dark enough, its not realistic.

Edit- Firefly is an awsome show too :)

kluge

Post by kluge » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:29 am

I've pretty much seen every episode from the 1st year on up.... until the last season when Richard Dean Anderson (MacGyver) decided to spend more time with his new kid rather than work on the show full-time (bah!)...

When they brought in what's his name from Farscape, I figured I'd give it a few episodes before passing judgement -- then they almost immediately brought in that Claudia Black chick from Farscape as a "Guest Actress"... Seems like every time I flip by SG1 when it's on, she's still around (don't get me wrong, I loved Farscape when it was still alive and kicking -- I just don't wanna watch a show with an SG1 story/script being acted out by the cast of Farscape ;-)

-kluge

Garygolf

Post by Garygolf » Sat Jan 07, 2006 4:26 pm

well she is gone right now

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Sat Jan 07, 2006 6:50 pm

A scifi update. The new releases of our favorite scifi friday have just came out and boy am I impressed.

Stargate Sg-1 really picked it up. The plague had me wondering about humanities survival again. Kudos to Stargate for making it interesting even after it had been done so many times previous. Though many fans would never like to admit it the guy from Farscape has finally got in touch with the writers. They're writing the kind of humor we saw with Richard Dean Anderson again, and I'm loving it. I was watching it with my friends and we could not stop laughing. (that little kid seemed to be having trouble with his lines though)

Stargate Atlantis showed a great deal of humor and fluidity. The chick trying to seduce Flannigan was novel, the doctor dosing up on the enzyme and beating the guys up was great! Atlantis deviated from its normal somewhat interesting to very interesting.

Battlestar galactica was.... wow. That's it... wow. It rocked so much that any attempt to me to try to convey the show with words would do it injustice. The cinematography at the end with Adama and the Admiral was so.... cool and suspencfull!

Scotty127

Post by Scotty127 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:35 pm

My favorite part about BSG is the space views, especially last nights new episode with the vipers seemingly dancing around. the space graphics are unmatched from any sci fi show ive seen, but, SG1 is just as awsome, and so is atlantis.

Scotty127

Post by Scotty127 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 9:37 pm

Manganator wrote:A scifi update. The new releases of our favorite scifi friday have just came out and boy am I impressed.

Stargate Sg-1 really picked it up. The plague had me wondering about humanities survival again. Kudos to Stargate for making it interesting even after it had been done so many times previous. Though many fans would never like to admit it the guy from Farscape has finally got in touch with the writers. They're writing the kind of humor we saw with Richard Dean Anderson again, and I'm loving it. I was watching it with my friends and we could not stop laughing. (that little kid seemed to be having trouble with his lines though)

Stargate Atlantis showed a great deal of humor and fluidity. The chick trying to seduce Flannigan was novel, the doctor dosing up on the enzyme and beating the guys up was great! Atlantis deviated from its normal somewhat interesting to very interesting.

Battlestar galactica was.... wow. That's it... wow. It rocked so much that any attempt to me to try to convey the show with words would do it injustice. The cinematography at the end with Adama and the Admiral was so.... cool and suspencfull!
remeber, the kid was supposed to sound like that, remeber, he was going though the fact that everything he knew hes loosing cause he took human form, not just cause hes having trouble.

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:27 pm

love all three, the only shows i watch, besides discovery channel(myth busters and dirty jobs) and history channel(history stuff)

Battle star is probebly the best of the three, only because it is so new. atlantis is not so hot, but they still got big booms(the only thing that really counts) stargat sgI has gone ONLY A BIT down hill, since some of the guys got replaced and the story line has wandered a bit (seasons 5-7ish were the best)

I love all three though, dont get me wrong.

I say we make this the offical scifi show lovers thread.

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:40 am

Dis anyone see the newest episode besides me?!?! It was AMAZING!!!

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:58 am

What is BSG? I only play starport!.

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:48 pm

yes i saw it, i had to exit starport, but it was worth it

battle star glactica 4 more days (where i live) untill next episode!

ghent96

Post by ghent96 » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:33 pm

So what happened with the President vs. the Admiral, over control of the fleet and the BS Galactica? Was there a huge battle, who won, etc etc?

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:16 pm

not yet, they are going to kill the cylon fleet first THEN try to kill each other

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:57 pm

Well, they said that they are going to attack the fleet of Cylons, then they are going to have the trial after. The President told Odama that the Admiral was going to have to be killed. So Captain Odama told starbuck to kill the admiral after they destroy the fleet. At the same time, the evil Admiral lady told her... person... to kill Odama, so we have no idea what is going to happen... :shock:

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:09 am

well that was a twist.....

wow but those graphics were so cool! watching those baystars just fall apart! and when you see the main batterys on the battlestars fire....... the smoke, the flames...... wow.....

love that show!

urablahblah

Post by urablahblah » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:43 pm

When the cylon woman shot the amiral I was just like "WHAT THE.!.!.!... YES!! YES!! YES!!!"

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:34 pm

urablahblah wrote:When the cylon woman shot the amiral I was just like "WHAT THE.!.!.!... YES!! YES!! YES!!!"
number 6! duh! not "the cylon woman"!! :roll:

sorry i had to say that I KNOW MORE THAN you do! :twisted: :wink:

4 more days untill next eposide........

Scotty127

Post by Scotty127 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:09 pm

good episode it was

surprised me, and yes, as usual, the compuer grapics and space battlers were just as aw inspiring as usual, i still liked all the vipers seemingly dancing around an episode or two back

Major.Arse

Re: Battlestar Gallactica

Post by Major.Arse » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:28 am

um...lock?

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:02 am

Major.Arse wrote:um...lock?
Well now don't you look like the tool. :P
(referring to the fact that the post that bumped this thread is gone)

Anyway I don't see the point in locking thread necromancy if the revival is genuine.
It's actually a rule on a lot of forums to revive threads than to start news one if you have content to add.

Battlestar Galcactica is some good stuff, just saw the end of season 4 recently.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:42 pm

<--TOOL

great, thanks.

so, erm, new content you say?

when the last episode aired scifi showed every episode from start to finish. I watched; never seeing it before, and got hooked....then my brains blew out of my ears.

The show is just incredible.

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:25 pm

It's one of the few tv series I've ever actually been interested in. I love the characters, compared to the average tv show they're all incredibly deep and it's great.