Vote extra powers for emperors?

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Top ranked captains get special abilities?

Yes
64%
No
36%

Total votes: 158

Toonces
Site Admin

Vote extra powers for emperors?

Post by Toonces » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:00 am

Should there be a power that only emperor-class ranked captains can perform? Something like muzzle or other such actions perhaps? Please suggest possible powers, and also vote on the issue of whether or not top ranked captains should receive any special abilities at all.

I of course voted yes that's why i bring it up 8)

petertje

Post by petertje » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:20 am

First of all: never in a rebang. I know that it's not really something to worry about but just in case this would spread to other titles, in rebangs this would be a very bad idea considering xp only means something at the end, in the mean time everyone is the same.

Which brings us to the first problem I have with this idea. In a permaverse experience so far has never mattered (except for getting achievement points but they don't really matter either) to make sure that if you start day 1 or after two years, you still got the same options. If the special ability of the emperor is too high this could become too much of an anti-newbies patch.

Second problem is when people consider xp more important, they'll take less risks with things like invading and fighting. Fighters often complain about nobody wanting to 1 vs 1 them, this could make fights even more rare. Unless, the emperor special ability is so small that people won't really bother going for it but just consider it a nice extra when they get there.

So I suggest: yes emperors can get a bonus, but don't make it too big. Small bonus could be things like: more portraits to choose from when recreating your character, special new graphics for your ship, complete map discovery (usefull, but not imbalanced because anyone at the rank of emperor could have discovered the whole galaxy).

But not things like: new 16k ship, more warp regen, less pollution , more moral/hr on colonys, higher amount of xp/hr on colonys etc.

I haven't voted because I do not yet know what the ability would be if this idea would be patches. Anything big I'll vote 'no' , anything small I'll vote 'yes'

But...for a really good idea look at

http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewtopic.php?t=12989

:D

No really it's great

fallenvictory

Post by fallenvictory » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:28 am

ehhhhhh.............nothing huge........ :roll:

ummmmm....maybe pollution cleaning help :roll: :roll: :lol:

Faterall

Post by Faterall » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:31 am

yes for this idea

I would say all emperors and maybe best empress in monthly and total ranking will get these special bonus (cause of less females which playing this game).

hmm, what kind of bonus can that be? not too strong, but not useless

maybe his/her 5 oldest cols having automatically 120/10 solars, but only personals? guess you will find better ideas, but this would be cool too^^

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:48 am

Good idea, here are some suggestions: (possibly chosen by the player? - or more then one available for higher emperor spots?)

*Emperors gain 2 dexterity
*Emperors gain 2 charisma
*Emperors gain 2 wisdom
*Emperors gain any secondary weapon they wish by pressing any of the (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,-.=) keys, or holding them down for tractor, etc.? (maybe :D)
*(Personal favorite) Emperors gain 5 - 10x more bank and hand space for money then non-emperors)

Nova

viewtopic.php?t=12881&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

(Great idea! ^^^)

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:02 pm

how about an emperor-class ship (like ISC or CEO) that only emperors can buy, and has a special weapon (not TOO strong) and mebbe a slight stat boost for having ship.

Faterall

Post by Faterall » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:00 pm

the thing with the secondary weapon sounding good

but maybe only changable every 10 min?

if you can choose dex, wis or cha the peaple on non-pax will always take dex, maybe too powerful

maybe bank size to 200mill would be cool too ^^

No special ship, too strong = exp. whoring = making game boring

Paneak

Post by Paneak » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:29 pm

A special ship would probally be in best...maybe a slightly improved verion of ISC...with homing protons maybe.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:10 pm

only 2 dexterity increase - emperors are not fighting for high positions, as they already have them - so will mostly just prefer it for speedier cleaning and things, id say a 1billion bank allowance and maybe a 500mil hand allowance - 200mil is good, but it isnt exactly a massive incentive to aim for emperorship :O

Nova

Faterall

Post by Faterall » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:21 pm

but if you exagerate, then more ppl would be pissed then happy that this get implented...

maybe + 1 dex/cha/wis and 200mill bank together?

That would be a fine add and the emperor dont get a too strong position against the others.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:59 pm

1 dex wouldnt feel much difference, 2 dex isnt massive either, but its good enough, and the bank would be much better for emergencies, and an incentive - as big corps will have more wars, so will have nice emergency funds.

Nova

Elemayo

Post by Elemayo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:20 pm

As far as the limits on money is concerned. I think that there should be a limit for the bank account, but not a limit for how much you can have on hand. Let the player decide how much they carry. You're taking a bigger risk by how much you carry anyway. This is just in general, not Emperor benefits.

Emperor:
Can receive 2000 max colonists from a port.
10% discount on ports (includes shields)
Can enlist the help of 1 ISC NPC from Sol for free, every 6 hours, As a body guard.

Dark Overlord:
Cannot receive colonists from a port.
25% Discount on weapons from any Starbase. (Includes Primary weapons, Nukes, Negs, and Defenses)
Has a new possibility when buying drinks. A Starport can report the last 3 known port locations that an online player has docked at.

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:35 pm

Creator: Cheesy
Type: Emeror Throne Vessel
Price: Emeror Rank, commision, and 4mil
Shields: 18k
Primary Weapon: any
Scanners: any
Cargo Holds: 200
Equipment Bays: 16
Max speed: same as ISC
Turning: same as Seth
Thrusting: same as ISC
Energy Regen: somewhat less than ISC
Warp Fuel Efficiency: 7 fuel per hop
Special weapon/ability: Emeror's Orders
Fired/Activated by: default
Energy usage: 500 energy
Effect: Shoves enemy and caused between 500 to 5k damage depending on how close the ship is. The range is an elongated yellow deathray reaching as far as a grav. at the edge it caused 500, the closer it gets the more powerful it is
Limitations/properties: Only available to Emperors with commissions

Creator: Cheesy
Type: Overlord's Destroyer
Price: Dark Overlord Rank and 3 mil
Shields: 18k
Primary Weapon: any
Scanners: any
Cargo Holds: 160
Equipment Bays: 16
Max speed: Same as ISC
Turning: Same as Seth
Thrusting: Same as ISC
Energy Regen: Same as ISC
Warp Fuel Efficiency: 8 fuep per warp
Special weapon/ability: Overlord's Orders
Fired/Activated by: default
Energy usage: 500
Effect: its like a extreme emp that anchors, emps, and keeps the ship from turning for 30 seconds as well as dealing 1k damage
Limitations/properties: Dark Overlords only, available only at pirate base

thats my idea for the ships, though i will never see the day that i fly one of these, let alone maintain fleet admiral status for more than a week and admiral for more than a month.

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:33 pm

Cheesy wrote: Special weapon/ability: Emeror's Orders
Effect: Shoves enemy and caused between 500 to 5k damage depending on how close the ship is. The range is an elongated yellow deathray reaching as far as a grav. at the edge it caused 500, the closer it gets the more powerful it is
Holy hug thats a rediculous ammount for 500 energy, thats way overpowerd for a special, why not give the upgraded good ship transphasic torpedos, with a blue color instead of red and it does 300-500 damage that way and cost 500 energy
Cheesy wrote: Special weapon/ability: Overlord's Orders
Effect: its like a extreme emp that anchors, emps, and keeps the ship from turning for 30 seconds as well as dealing 1k damage
Again far too powerful for damage, why not just have it critically anchor someone for 7-10 seconds, and have the emp actually transfer some shields from the enemy to you.

sounds resonable i think

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:30 pm

Thavy wrote:
Cheesy wrote: Special weapon/ability: Emeror's Orders
Holy hug thats a rediculous ammount for 500 energy, thats way overpowerd for a special, why not give the upgraded good ship transphasic torpedos, with a blue color instead of red and it does 300-500 damage that way and cost 500 energy
Cheesy wrote: Special weapon/ability: Overlord's Orders
Again far too powerful for damage, why not just have it critically anchor someone for 7-10 seconds, and have the emp actually transfer some shields from the enemy to you.

sounds resonable i think
they are sposed to be rediculos, only a few of these will exist in each server, but i guess weaking them a bit is ok...

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:03 pm

Nothing to extreme Toonces, you still want people to be able to defend themselves.

Since you've talked about hiring NPCs in the past... Maybe only emperors should be able to hire NPC underlings to follow them as bodyguards. That would be a good enough ability

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:40 pm

General_Neox wrote:Nothing to extreme Toonces, you still want people to be able to defend themselves.

Since you've talked about hiring NPCs in the past... Maybe only emperors should be able to hire NPC underlings to follow them as bodyguards. That would be a good enough ability
awe man i was lookin forward to npc guards for planets and space

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:45 pm

they should be able to /fondle! :D

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:47 pm

i hope we go with the ships

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:48 pm

Cheesy wrote:i hope we go with the ships
noez, i like my idea much better :)

Cheesy

Post by Cheesy » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:02 pm

Catfish wrote:
Cheesy wrote:i hope we go with the ships
noez, i like my idea much better :)
thats not much of an award.

toast

Post by toast » Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:39 pm

petertje wrote:First of all: never in a rebang. I know that it's not really something to worry about but just in case this would spread to other titles, in rebangs this would be a very bad idea considering xp only means something at the end, in the mean time everyone is the same.

Which brings us to the first problem I have with this idea. In a permaverse experience so far has never mattered (except for getting achievement points but they don't really matter either) to make sure that if you start day 1 or after two years, you still got the same options. If the special ability of the emperor is too high this could become too much of an anti-newbies patch.

Second problem is when people consider xp more important, they'll take less risks with things like invading and fighting. Fighters often complain about nobody wanting to 1 vs 1 them, this could make fights even more rare. Unless, the emperor special ability is so small that people won't really bother going for it but just consider it a nice extra when they get there.

So I suggest: yes emperors can get a bonus, but don't make it too big. Small bonus could be things like: more portraits to choose from when recreating your character, special new graphics for your ship, complete map discovery (usefull, but not imbalanced because anyone at the rank of emperor could have discovered the whole galaxy).

But not things like: new 16k ship, more warp regen, less pollution , more moral/hr on colonys, higher amount of xp/hr on colonys etc.

I haven't voted because I do not yet know what the ability would be if this idea would be patches. Anything big I'll vote 'no' , anything small I'll vote 'yes'

But...for a really good idea look at

No really it's great

I completely agree....all the other posts about new ships, extra attributes etc. are horrible ideas. The idea is to reward players for reaching the top, but not to help them stay there. I think pics and skin changes are a great idea.

not sure by what toonces means by "muzzle" but if he means that emperors can "mute people" or have unlimited /jeer or whatever...i think that this is not a good idea.

I am not, however, against ingame mods of some sort. There are plenty of dependable players who would take this responsibility seriously. not all emperors would.

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:07 pm

If your making a new weapon then call it a Meliza beam.

Heres how it works:

Only Meliza can use it, and she can use it whenever she wants. When activated, it will automatically kill all players in the server and loer them to 100 xp.

There shall be no punishment for using this beam.

Oh also, I get all the planets in the server.

And cookies.

Meliza

fallenvictory

Post by fallenvictory » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:35 pm

Stklr wrote:If your making a new weapon then call it a Meliza beam.

Heres how it works:

Only Meliza can use it, and she can use it whenever she wants. When activated, it will automatically kill all players in the server and loer them to 100 xp.

There shall be no punishment for using this beam.

Oh also, I get all the planets in the server.

And cookies.

Meliza

rofl......she.....

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:54 pm

Yes, she. Ya got a problem with that?

Women play vidoe games too. :)

Meliza

Thavy

Post by Thavy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:01 am

Ok on a serious note though guys what should emperors get

Suggestions:

Stat upgrades
Emperor only ship
More bank
Emperor only skins
Emperor only weapon
Emperors gain any secondary
a special /command option ( :twisted: )
clean pollution automaticly upon landing on planet (10mins minimum)
gain immunity from noobs (cant die to aliens and players not in top 300)
Colonial benefits (under Emperor leadership colonies gain moral, stronger defences more defences produced, greater harvesting, faster pop growth and especially more taxes)

ive thought of some ideas, help me expand this more, then we continue voting from there.

Faterall

Post by Faterall » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:29 am

my favourites of what Thavy listed:

Stat upgrades
More bank
Emperor only skins (problem when you loose emperor status, you still have the skin then? ==> after a while nothing special)
Emperor only weapon ==> sounds cool, cause when he die he looses probably emperor status and weapon, so this would work
Emperors gain any secondary (but it only can be chosen every 10 min, otherwise the fast changing of weapon is too powerful)
gain immunity from noobs (better top 200 :-P )
Colonial benefits (under Emperor leadership colonies gain moral, -0,5% pollution/day)

maybe combine more moral on cols which the emperor owning + more bank + less pollution

cause emperors having mostly big empires and that would help maintaining and the emperor dont get a slight edge against others with better weapons/or new ship.

Fater

Stklr

Post by Stklr » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:40 pm

6 words.

EMPERORS GET BETTER CLEANING STUFF...THINGS!

Meliza

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:13 pm

Thavy wrote:Ok on a serious note though guys what should emperors get

Suggestions:

Stat upgrades
Emperor only ship
More bank
Emperor only skins
Emperor only weapon
Emperors gain any secondary
a special /command option ( :twisted: )
clean pollution automaticly upon landing on planet (10mins minimum)
gain immunity from noobs (cant die to aliens and players not in top 300)
Colonial benefits (under Emperor leadership colonies gain moral, stronger defences more defences produced, greater harvesting, faster pop growth and especially more taxes)

ive thought of some ideas, help me expand this more, then we continue voting from there.
too overpowered, people I love you man! about how hard the game is for newbs now, this would not help much, specially the immunity from noobs.

BlackNova

Post by BlackNova » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:34 pm

Would give a real challenge to get experience though, instead of some extra bank space... not sure about noob immunity though, say if a corp with an active emperor goes to war, the war corp brings in 10 noobs for other servers...

Any space fights would be impossible.

Nova