A "I am back" and a "Ima quiting" thread

Ideas for improving Starport:GE

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

pbhead

A "I am back" and a "Ima quiting" thread

Post by pbhead » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:00 pm

both stickied in the tavern... this way we can get rid of about 1/2 of all the threads in the tavern... cause all of it seems to be either... i am back, or i am quitting... sort of thing.

just a place to say " im back", and "So long, and thanks for all the fish."... and all the discussions that go along with it.

I know people like thier own threads... but i really think 2 stickied threads ought to be better than the current system.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:32 pm

yeh sounds good

petertje

Post by petertje » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:03 pm

Nah, better to just not read what you don't find interesting.

If it gets stickied people will constantly be joking with it, I know I will.

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:13 pm

i think it's great. it'll make a forum with less BBQ like oh guy1: i'm leaving, guys 2 hi i'm new here, guy3 i'm tired of bugs i am leaving, etc.

personnaly i don't mind plp saying hi or saying they are leaving but the fact that they keep creating new threads every single time is kinda ugly and annoying i vote for making a universal thread which everyone who is leaving or coming can say hi or bye there and not "dirty" the forum with thread that will get lost after a week or so.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:04 pm

Dude, u dont have to f*cking generalize everything if someone wants to announce there back/quitting then they have the dam right to do it on there own thread

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:42 am

This is terrible idea, It would be like the ship ideas thread up there, that was a terrible idea as well, Does anyone even look up there anymore if theyre not posting a ship?

If the people want to announce their leaving they have the right to their own thread, they should not have to post in a ten page long thread and search through replies for one relevant to them...

Some of these people are very respected members of the sge community that deserver their own thread atleast for all they have accomplished

TERRIBLE TERRIBLE TERRIBLE IDEA..... and Im tempted to add a hug you to all u people who support this

Luna

Post by Luna » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:41 am

Stickies are supposed to be important information not random dribble. Too many stickies takes away from the REAL ones that players need to reference on a regular basis.

Stickies also don't get auto pruned. Do we really need 170 pages of "I'm leaving or I'm back" threads when they never delete? :roll:

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:14 am

I dislike the idea. A lot of people who are under the illusion they can just quit SGE and never look back (Oh, the fools :)), want to acknowledge their leave and say farewell to everyone they've known. Since there are plenty of people quitting and returning, creating one big thread to contain all such messages would just result in a big mess and will just frustrate anyone interested. I'd rather have a separate thread where people can say their good byes without any confusion.

feenix
Location: Join the SGE community in TeamSpeak, url: ygss.dyndns.org

Post by feenix » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:18 am

sheesh, ok, ok *this idea outa 1,000,000 is deleted*

pbhead

Post by pbhead » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:15 am

*waits for nomad...*

Luna

Post by Luna » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:18 pm

Nomad is no longer a Mod. No need to lock this or delete it. :)