Oldest Game players of all time

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

metroidp4

Oldest Game players of all time

Post by metroidp4 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:01 am

Well, I was just wondering if anybody happenned to know who the oldest like, 10 or 50 or so starport players were. And if any of them still play the game/ are active on the forum. I'd also especially like to know who the first player was.

Khayman

Post by Khayman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:03 am

I joined about 2 years ago, joined the forums a little under 2 years.

Certainly not the oldest.
But I've been around a while.

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:09 am

A bit of advice, in any game ever you are going to have precisely 100 times the number of people claim they were "totally in beta" Than the amount of people that were actually there.

So disregard pretty much everyone saying they were "Totally around like five years man"

I started in june 2005.

MastrIan

Post by MastrIan » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:09 am

Nightmare played during beta 3-4 years ago. Greenant and weeder/zygote/papertiger have been around a long time, there are still many pre-perma players around, nightmare would probably know best about the first players.

Smeagol...

Post by Smeagol... » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:12 am

I started a week into 11th....idk where that stands...

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:15 am

Go the server selection, select 11th, subtract age in days from real life

That = time you started.

Nomad

Post by Nomad » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:18 am

i've been around since about a week before the first pollution patch - whenever that actually was - at least i think it was around that time i remmeber everyone going into bursts of anger shortly after i joined because of pollution...

hi

Post by hi » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:24 am

me started first day of boundlessy :roll:

Kwijibo
2006 Starport Champion

Post by Kwijibo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:29 am

Starwynd wrote:A bit of advice, in any game ever you are going to have precisely 100 times the number of people claim they were "totally in beta" Than the amount of people that were actually there.

So disregard pretty much everyone saying they were "Totally around like five years man"

I started in june 2005.
I find myself having a hard time typing this, but glad you're still here Ace and weren't sent to banninationland. ;)

As far as people that are actually still around (or at least sorta around). Nightmare actually was in on the tail end of the first beta server, so I think he's about as old as they get. I am pretty sure MadAce was around for the beta days. Papertiger/Weeder started October 2004. I think Greenant and Relentless started about November 2004. I started the week before Christmas in 2004. Bladenkerst/Vulg and Faint were also around late 2004, but can't give you the exact dates. I remember Piper from rebangs in early 2005.

By the way, you can look at the memberlist at the top of this page and sort by date. Not everyone creates a forum account when they start, but you see some familiar names going waaaay back.

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:37 am

Nomad wrote:i've been around since about a week before the first pollution patch - whenever that actually was - at least i think it was around that time i remmeber everyone going into bursts of anger shortly after i joined because of pollution...
Pollution hit around december 2005 or february 2006

I remember I quit over it, and I officially left in february 2006. I just can't remember if i spent a few months trying to deal with it and then quit (Ala december) or if i "officially quit" then tried to stick it out for a few more months (meaning it hit in feb)
Kwijibo wrote: I find myself having a hard time typing this, but glad you're still here Ace and weren't sent to banninationland. ;)
I figured I was going to get banned for just in general trolling people, but manaicus breaking out the tinfoil, reporting my IP and acting like i was the spammer was pretty funny.

Gloin

Post by Gloin » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:39 am

Gloin My Avatar Rights have been taken away. 05 Nov 2006 285

well I started the forums about a year and however many months after i started.

KUKA
2009 Double Champion

Post by KUKA » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:40 am

KUKA's pretty sure he was playing around 4 years ago. When KUKA started there weren't any permas, so that's almost 3 years ago right there. There were also no laser canons - just flax. Laser canons were one of the fist major changes KUKA was there to witness.

KUKA remembers playing against Kwij way back then too in one of KUKA's first dozen games... Kwij certainly has reminded KUKA of the token-fest KUKA would unleash in order to compete back when KUKA was an even bigger newb than he is now. :)

The forums are not a great measuring stick for this... KUKA didn't join the forums for a while.

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:43 am

KUKA wrote:KUKA's pretty sure he was playing around 4 years ago. When KUKA started there weren't any permas, so that's almost 3 years ago right there. There were also no laser canons - just flax. Laser canons were one of the fist major changes KUKA was there to witness.

KUKA remembers playing against Kwij way back then too in one of KUKA's first dozen games... Kwij certainly has reminded KUKA of the token-fest KUKA would unleash in order to compete back when KUKA was an even bigger newb than he is now. :)

The forums are not a great measuring stick for this... KUKA didn't join the forums for a while.
Permaverse hit in june of 2005, tifiwillo brought me from a different game (that the dukes came from) the day permaverse banged.

WildCard

Post by WildCard » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:45 am

KUKA wrote:KUKA's pretty sure he was playing around 4 years ago. When KUKA started there weren't any permas, so that's almost 3 years ago right there. There were also no laser canons - just flax. Laser canons were one of the fist major changes KUKA was there to witness.

(Starwynd) I forgot I had this account, don't know why I didn't use it. Created it while I was downloading the game, so I guess for me they are an indication.

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:53 am

Well i started the same month that Ace quit, just when F banged :P.

MrBunny

Post by MrBunny » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:05 am

I started shortly before the pollution patch. First server for me was Battle Royal. However, shortly after starting, Frontier Wars banged so I migrated over to it. I would say me best memories was on FW when it was active

In no way am I even close to being one of the oldest to play. I don't even remember the year I started. Ace, maybe you can figure that out. I know it was awhile ago.

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:09 am

I was a bit confused myself, i couldnt remember if i tried to deal with the patch before quitting, or quit then still stayed to deal with it. so it was sometime around the end of 2005, defintely before february 2006

duece

Post by duece » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:02 am

Well i was definitely the first player, ever.

Kwijibo
2006 Starport Champion

Post by Kwijibo » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:08 am

robotchicken wrote:Well i was definitely the first player, ever.

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:11 am

I remember when he started, it was around the bang of golden age and i was in Whose on first terrorizing luna, robotchicken was in this corp that drove us nuts around a starbase.

Luna

Post by Luna » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:26 am

Starwynd wrote:I remember when he started, it was around the bang of golden age and i was in Whose on first terrorizing luna, robotchicken was in this corp that drove us nuts around a starbase.
I remember those days fondly. Dienekes was trying to protect me from Wildcard and I was threatening to pod you when I couldn't have backed that up at all.

I was impressed later when a "regrets" thread came out and you said you were sorry for terrorizing me. You were trying to stir up a fight without anyone knowing who you were, and you used me to get the ball rolling. Fun times.

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:37 am

Luna wrote:
Starwynd wrote:I remember when he started, it was around the bang of golden age and i was in Whose on first terrorizing luna, robotchicken was in this corp that drove us nuts around a starbase.
I remember those days fondly. Dienekes was trying to protect me from Wildcard and I was threatening to pod you when I couldn't have backed that up at all.

I was impressed later when a "regrets" thread came out and you said you were sorry for terrorizing me. You were trying to stir up a fight without anyone knowing who you were, and you used me to get the ball rolling. Fun times.
Yeah people don't realize I'm not that bad, I don't even hate madace despite all the BBQ I give him. I just like to get people going.

My cover lasted all of a week in that server before maganator got on my case for the way I was talking to him and figured out who I was.

kataphroktai

Post by kataphroktai » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:11 am

I remember the first game i ever played on SGE was stratosphere and i noticed that the game actually was going to finish (at the time i didnt know there were permas and rebangs) so i mentioned it to be kinda lame on /s and someone suggested that i join a perma, DF which was going to bang in 2 days.

Today DF = 751 days +2 =753 -365-366=22 Today is the 30th Therefore i started roughly around November 2nd 2005 :P

Definitely not one of the super old players but ive been around for a bit (before the game went to crap with pollution n such imo), though i do remember being very happy with the new holdings interface :P

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:20 am

I'm before p1, so that's something. Maybe top 200 first players. Probably one of top 20 still playing :P

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:12 am

I started a few weeks after the pollutin patch and joined the forums just in time to see the last few hysterical 'pollution wtf i quits' topics. :wink:

I played rebangs with Luck for about 6 months before i ventured into permas when New Hope banged.

moleman

petertje

Post by petertje » Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:44 am

I believe my account is as old as perma1 + 1 day. At least i never got to see the banging of perma1.

The first server i really played was boundless.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:21 pm

Starwynd wrote:
Luna wrote:

Yeah people don't realize I'm not that bad,

That line reminds me of something... Ah, yes...
SERAPH

I have beaten you before.

SMITH

Yes, true. But as you can see, things are a little different now.

SMITH bends down to SATI

SMITH (cont'd)

And you must be the last exile..

SATI

The Oracle told me about you.

SMITH

Really? What did she say?

SATI

That you were a bad man.

SMITH

Oh, I'm not so bad once you get to know me.

The SMITHS spread around the room.

Luna would be Sati. ;)

Anyways.

These forums aren't really a reference for game-age. Before these forums there were the mmorpg.com forums. And before that there was a beta forum, if I'm not mistaken.

Of the 30 first people in the list of this forum only Luck (I think), CREEPER (I think), Weeder (I think) and I (I think) are still around.

Tho the top 100 has a bunch of interesting names.

Like... omfg.
http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/profil ... file&u=142

LOOK AT THAT SHIP! IT'S 3D! Well, yea. That guy made the ship designs. :)

DarkLordSauron

Post by DarkLordSauron » Fri Nov 30, 2007 5:51 pm

I'm still quite an old player

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:21 pm

im surprised no one has mentioned me, ive been playing since 2004

Starwynd

Post by Starwynd » Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:24 pm

General_Neox wrote:im surprised no one has mentioned me, i'm incredibly annoying