Starport Pictures Page

General discussion of anything Starport related

Moderators: Moleman, Kwijibo, Luna

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:34 am

MegaMan wrote:I was going for a pic so badly edited my claim would seem funny
I understood, if it makes you feel any better.

MegaMan

Post by MegaMan » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:56 pm

Thanks Zav

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:35 am

Laser strategy claims another victim. 'Course, he's none to happy about it. Heh.

Zavrith

Post by Zavrith » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:09 am

A little salt in the wound because of how Notorious is taking it 8)

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:33 am

lol, love it Zav :D

moleman

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:41 am

ROFL dude i laughed my freaking head off when i saw that second screenie

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:20 am

Lol weird how everyone else accepts your use of lasers. Hell i even hear people call it crazy. But then again i expect no less from zav.

This is better place to name and shame rather than spam the forum with threads on the matter.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:33 am

back before the nuke changes lazers were a very common practice in fights... the only reason it stopped was because noone could use them anymore

zav has just brought that aspect back and i commend him for it... and in my opinion you can bring whatever hardware you want in a 1v1 as long as you dont bring more than 8 :wink:

I dont see any legitimate reason why this shouldnt be allowed

In fact i would like to fight zav sometime to see this tactic

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:02 pm

Jwilson6 wrote:In fact i would like to fight zav sometime to see this tactic
Your kidding me :P
i ask you everyday for a fight! :wink:

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:32 pm

Catfish wrote:
there now stop complaining

Final score

Catfish in igs - 0 shields
Jwilson6 in isc - pwned :cry:

meh its been over a month since my last fight...

Nimbus

Post by Nimbus » Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:03 pm

I think I'll avoid this system

Catfish

Post by Catfish » Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:40 pm

Jwilson6 wrote:
Catfish wrote:

Final score

that was only one of the 4 kills :wink:

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:33 pm

Catfish wrote:
Jwilson6 wrote:
Catfish wrote: Your kidding me :P

Final score

that was only one of the 4 kills :wink:
yeah but the pod kills dont count :x.... and i missed too many nukes on the second fight i wasnt gonna tell them bout that one :oops:

fc102

Post by fc102 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:45 pm

Moleman wrote:I came across this pic when i was searching for an old pic for the dome-cap page..

The moment kwijibob capped the last non-BM col in permaverse and we owned every habitable planet in the galaxy!!!

A momentous occasion and one which will NEVER happen again....

moleman

:shock: Did that really happen? If so it's no wonder why when I came back p1 was dead...no one else can settle and all BM can do is clean pollution. Still an awesome SGE historical moment if what you said is really true though.....I miss my p1 glory days :(.

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:05 am

Finally notorious got killed in a 1v1, now i dont have to go on p5...

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:43 pm

I might kill notoriouse.but we never fought 3 ig suits vs 3 ig suits.....last time we foguht he was in a ig ship fully artis while I was isc with no artis.got him down but he beated me ;0.....stillw aiting to do a fully arti fight with him ;0

this screenie is an old file that i have originally stored as rtf...so it lsot some colours as I turned it to bitmap ;0....thorn is torn/ivali while yugdoog is starblazer...this was 11th mnoths ago.2monhts before muppet wars ;0

md37.

Post by md37. » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:25 am

Zavrith wrote:Image

Laser strategy claims another victim. 'Course, he's none to happy about it. Heh.
LMFAO!!!!!!!

Here's some humorous dialogue:
md37. wrote:lol, notorious claims to be undefeated in 1v1s...31-0 including mccrazy, vegabond, viper1, and darkLstrike... noob got hold of too many whip-its again!
-notorious- wrote:Md37 my 32-0 record is for p5 only. ive lost fights.. but never on p5. if u got a prob fight me.
dirt wrote:
noob.....nukes and trillz killed you in p5. Holla!!!
-notorious- wrote:when i faught nukes and trillz i didnt use 8 nukes. u can ask them if you dont belive me. both times i faught them with only 4 nukes, its better practice.

i only count fights that are fair 1v1's.
DarkLStrike wrote:whoooa? I've never fought wormites and notorious! NEVER on P5!

I've only lost to wound in recent battles with him on p2 (without artis).

The only thing that came close to a 1v1 was that time i played fight with one of them on p5 (isc vs igs, i didn't 1v1 him because he got igs), then we both left at 14k shields.

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:00 pm

well for me the best fighters I met are : mccrazy/stormy/trillz/notoriouse/starblazer are 5 of them.there are amny more but I can't remember ;p.but those finish in top 5...relelentless is good aswell but never really had time to fight him.

I fought notoriouse isc vs isc he won 2.2k shields but I had 3 ig maps he had 2 ig suits so i was a little disadvantage.but hes good ;p , even if I didn't used to go well with him in the past

and it also depends on the stlye of the fighter.....starblazer can kill people I can never kill but when he comes to ym fighting style he finds it difficult.although he generally still wins ;0.

even gloin he is good, but sometimes he mess up with nukes ;p

DarkLStrike

Post by DarkLStrike » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:14 pm

trillz is a little dishonorable.

md37.

Post by md37. » Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:44 pm

awmalzo wrote: I fought notoriouse isc vs isc he won 2.2k shields but I had 3 ig maps he had 2 ig suits so i was a little disadvantage.but hes good ;p , even if I didn't used to go well with him in the past

losing with 2.2k shields no artifacts against someone with suits = a victory! Those 2 suits make ALL the difference when it comes to outrunning nukes. Count that as a win!

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:51 pm

Blacknova was an awsome fighter... he tried to teach me how to fight but just when i started getting better he left :cry:

now i am doomed to be a horrible fighter forever :cry:

WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!!!!!

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:55 pm

Jwilson6 wrote:Blacknova was an awsome fighter... he tried to teach me how to fight but just when i started getting better he left :cry:

WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!!!!!
nah if you want come to 11th and we do some training....anyone is invited ;p

I know but still notoriouse is a good fighter ;p

jsut to avoid another ++ post.I play BR/p2 and fw aswell ;p
Last edited by awmalzo on Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:01 pm

awmalzo wrote:
Jwilson6 wrote:Blacknova was an awsome fighter... he tried to teach me how to fight but just when i started getting better he left :cry:

WHY GOD WHY!!!!!!!!!!!
nah if you want come to 11th and we do some training....anyone is invited ;p

I know but still notoriouse is a good fighter ;p
I cant on 11th... last time i checked i had around -200k rep there

wormites

Post by wormites » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:32 am

lol the pic with zav is funny.. if i didnt format my comp ide post him dieing 3 times in row doing the same trick.. as you can see his still 0 sheilds.. lazors do a lota damage.. and good thing is they aim :) md37 dont feel tough post other peeps kills please. between me and noto we are unbeatable.. anyone who thinks they can beat me or noto... come challenge.. and i dun give two fucks if you bring lazors or mines :lol:

-notorious-

Post by -notorious- » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:29 am

I didnt lose to Zavrith, i lost to Defence of Zavrith... if you want to get technical. and zav u had 7 lasers that did like 3k damage alone atleast. .im not complaining i just think deploying lasers in a 1v1 is not really fair. sum people say it is and some people agree with me. it depends on the person. zavrith good on u. your the first person to kill me in a 1v1 on p5.. actualy congrats zavrith UR LASER is the first think to kill me in a 1v1..

heres my reason why lasers deployed ina 1v1 arent fair.

first of all they can potentialy do umlimited damage. some one whos on low shieds doesnt go near them cuz they will get hit and they can be there forever while the fight is on.. with nukes u can still actualy fight and not be trapped in a corner of the system.. having lasers in the system is like having 50 nukes or more cuz they can do that kind of damage. 1v1 is all skill.. it doesnt mean ur a better sge player. 1v1 is just a diferent part of the game that requires "skill" and deploying lasers in a system doestn take skill... they do everything for u.. with nukes u have to know how to nuke. its not so easy to hit sumone with nukes. bit with a laser u just sit back and do nothing :S so basicaly theres no skill involved.. now why didt i kill ur lasers? cuz when i tried to u picked them u and they went to full shields and i lost about 600 shields per laser i tried to kill..

i guess i should of said "declare hardware" my bad..

good job zavs laser. u did well.

Nertanef

Post by Nertanef » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:13 am

It's been common practice for years to carry lasers in duels..

and i do mean YEARS. I'm kinda perplexed that someone actually thought you were limited to nukes in hardware, for kids who aren't in IG's and can't outrun nukes, we used lasers to soak hits and to do damage back.

It adds flavour/variety/ ingenuity/ and technically, anything can do unlimited amount of damage except for mines. your gun is 'unlimited' you don't every really 'run out' of energy.

Deathreape98

Post by Deathreape98 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:15 am

7 lasers that did like 3k damage alone atleast
which, i may add, is less then 2 nukes....

md37.

Post by md37. » Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:49 am

-notorious- wrote:I didnt lose to Zavrith, i lost to Defence of Zavrith... if you want to get technical. and zav u had 7 lasers that did like 3k damage alone atleast. .im not complaining i just think deploying lasers in a 1v1 is not really fair. sum people say it is and some people agree with me. it depends on the person. zavrith good on u. your the first person to kill me in a 1v1 on p5.. actualy congrats zavrith UR LASER is the first think to kill me in a 1v1..

heres my reason why lasers deployed ina 1v1 arent fair.

first of all they can potentialy do umlimited damage. some one whos on low shieds doesnt go near them cuz they will get hit and they can be there forever while the fight is on.. with nukes u can still actualy fight and not be trapped in a corner of the system.. having lasers in the system is like having 50 nukes or more cuz they can do that kind of damage. 1v1 is all skill.. it doesnt mean ur a better sge player. 1v1 is just a diferent part of the game that requires "skill" and deploying lasers in a system doestn take skill... they do everything for u.. with nukes u have to know how to nuke. its not so easy to hit sumone with nukes. bit with a laser u just sit back and do nothing :S so basicaly theres no skill involved.. now why didt i kill ur lasers? cuz when i tried to u picked them u and they went to full shields and i lost about 600 shields per laser i tried to kill..

i guess i should of said "declare hardware" my bad..

good job zavs laser. u did well.
Pre-Fight:

7 Lasers, 1 Nuke later:

Gloin

Post by Gloin » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:13 am

LOL!

-notorious-

?

Post by -notorious- » Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:19 am

? im not crying.. he beat me. good for him. im not the one makinga big deal out of it. but since everyon is going to put their two cents in i may as well too. and yes 3k damage is less then 2 nukes. but 2 nukes only does that damage once.. the lasers can keep hitting u.. but w/e good job zav u beat me in a 1v1.

i have no problem with losing a 1v1 and fighitng a 1v1 when theres lasers but I MUST BE SHOT DOWN BY HIM.. AND NOT A LASER.. laser dont count.. cuz its "defence of.... shot down Notorious" the reason it dont say Zavrith shot down notorious when the laser gets me is cuz u dont need skill to sit behind a laser... the reason it will say Zavrith shot down notorious when u nuke is because it takes skill to nuke..