I'm going to watch it
8%
I'm not going to watch it
31%

Total votes: 39

MadAce

Re: Battlestar Gallactica

Post by MadAce » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:37 pm

I finished watching the show not so long ago and I must say it wasn't all that bad. In fact it was pretty good. But to me it seemed like in the end they didn't really knew where they were going story-wise. A shame.

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:15 pm

necro-posting :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:49 am

MadAce wrote:I finished watching the show not so long ago and I must say it wasn't all that bad. In fact it was pretty good. But to me it seemed like in the end they didn't really knew where they were going story-wise. A shame.
Completely agree... I think the problem with the ending was that if I remember correctly it was originally meant to be a mini-series (1-2 seasons) but after its incredible popularity they decided to make it another season longer, and then again another season, until finally they said hug it and actually gave it a real ending.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:36 am

Jwilson6 wrote:
MadAce wrote:I finished watching the show not so long ago and I must say it wasn't all that bad. In fact it was pretty good. But to me it seemed like in the end they didn't really knew where they were going story-wise. A shame.
Completely agree... I think the problem with the ending was that if I remember correctly it was originally meant to be a mini-series (1-2 seasons) but after its incredible popularity they decided to make it another season longer, and then again another season, until finally they said hug it and actually gave it a real ending.

If I'm not mistaken it wxas also the writer's strike that kinda hurt the story. They were cruising alright with the storylines they were building but then suddenly had to involve a cliffhanger because Season 4 got interrupted after episode 10 or so.

Such a shame.

As a result I feel the really rushed the ending while leaving all this potential untouched. Example: Baltar's religion was quite the anti-climax.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:17 pm

Every episode i was waiting for baltar to DO something. and every episode his character got more and more lame and disheartening. Quite a great deal more towards the end. I 100% agree the religion story arch took a seriously placid direction. just a shame really. I had forgotten the writers strike along that same time. I boycotted comedy central due to that horrific strike, upon seeing any retard with hair can be a talking head, but not every retard can be a writer.

Caia

Post by Caia » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:36 am

House > Everything else

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:47 pm

Caia wrote:House > Everything else
1000% agree on this one, only started watching it this season but had to immediatly seek out the other seasons as soon as this one was finished! Great characters and great writing!

Takes a little getting used to for UK viewers as we are used to seeing hugh laurie playing idiots, especially in blackadder!

Moleman

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:49 am

I was both expecting and not expecting the end to play out the way it was.

God I sure as hell hope we're allowed to post spoilers. (Just highlight if you can't see it, can't really hide spoilers so easy)

I would never be able to live without technology, I honestly couldn't see the last of humanity giving up everything and starting again. They essentially gave up their past and forgot about it?

I really loved the series, I sort of expected the ending to not be able to provide complete closure.