Super Smash Bros Melee

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Mel'Kaven

Super Smash Bros Melee

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:00 am

Does anyone here play Super Smash Bros Melee Competitively?

And by that I dont mean, HEY I PLAYED BRAWL AND FOUND OUT MELEE EXISTED, OMG I CAN KILL LV 9 CPU'S.

I have played it competitively for some 7 year and would like to know if there was anyone else that has? perhaps some videos of yourself playing? display some tech skill? Idk, I just thought it'd be nice to know if some other smashers are out there on sge.

JuliusCaesar

Re: Super Smash Bros Melee

Post by JuliusCaesar » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:42 am

7 years of "competative" melee? Post vids pl0x this should be interesting.

General_Neox

Post by General_Neox » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:27 pm

Back in highschool me and a group of friends used to play SSB everyday in the cafeteria, we were really good and would've given pros a run for their money. I had recently played an old friend that i don't get to see that often. He's one of the best if not the best SSB player in Ontario and I beat him usually 3/4 times. I can play brawl and melee really well and own the original and play it almost daily :P

In conclusion I have a lot of skill that I've never really used to "compete" lol but I'd probably do pretty well if I decided to.
I used Link/DK in the original Falco/Marth in Melee and Marth/Pokemon Trainer in Brawl :)

On another note, i can't fuckin wait for the next game!

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:38 am

Lol your friend still cant beat Isai :P

but anywho, thats awesome! I dont like brawl (WAY TO SLOW) original is okay. I like melee cause its just so freaking fast. I play Marth, Fox, Falco, Jiggs, Isai, Pikachu, Luigi, Shiek, Link, Peach, Doc. Only mastered Falco, Fox, Marth, Isai and Jiggs though. I will post some videos of fighting when I get my tv recorder to start working again. :wink:

BardockSGE

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:52 pm

I won a school tourney as fox if that counts as competitive. I was also big on playing Link and Young Link. My skill with Link suprised the hell out of most marth/shiek scrubs.

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:12 am

BardockSGE wrote:I won a school tourney as fox if that counts as competitive. I was also big on playing Link and Young Link. My skill with Link suprised the hell out of most marth/shiek scrubs.
marth is all about spacing, and fox is all about waveshine. xD. A fast fox can counter any marth that cant space f-smash correctly