Baldurs Gate vs Diablo

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Mel'Kaven

Baldurs Gate vs Diablo

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:23 pm

Note we are talking Diablo 1 and Baldur's Gate 1

What are you guys's opinions on these?

I dont know which one I should play. I remember playing both of them LONG ago but I forgot most of their aspects... From what I can remember, Baldur's Gate is similar to Ice Wind Dale, which I really liked! But I really liked diablo 2.... Eh idk.

Note:

Im going to be playing LAN with my brother. We want to start an epic campaign so the game needs to have a good storyline.

JesusRocks765

Re: Baldurs Gate vs Diablo

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:12 am

are they games?

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:41 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:are they games?
If you dont know them, dont post. -.-

JuliusCaesar

Post by JuliusCaesar » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:00 pm

I've heard of these, but never played them. (My childhood sucked)

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:08 pm

Darn! I hoped someone would be able to help me. guess not. Ill just get Ice Wind Dale 2. :P

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:18 am

id go with diablo if its multiplayer. baulders gate is pretty hard and slower paced. but i think much more rewarding having a strong character than in diablo.

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Can't believe i missed this thread.

For necro's sake. Lord Strum is correct. Diablo fun when on multiplayer. Baldurs Gate on the other hand is the greatest single player experience out there. Have fun with the Demi-Lich at hardest difficulty :: (Always start to beat that illegitimate child at that difficulty, even single kensai party, its like ruby weapon, hugging procs).

Dark.Cloud

Post by Dark.Cloud » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:18 pm

I liked Baulder's gate 1 & 2 on the PS2 i never played them on teh computer, but i had a lot of fun with them on the ps2 with my buddy

avitohol

Post by avitohol » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:12 am

Dark.Cloud wrote:I liked Baulder's gate 1 & 2 on the PS2 i never played them on teh computer, but i had a lot of fun with them on the ps2 with my buddy
Yeah those were pretty fun. Also the advanced dungeons dragons for the xbox. Since that was the same just with 4 player :)

The pc baldur's gate is a very hardcore game. Some serious math when your at endgame. Best way i can explain starting the first one is like opening the that dungeons and dragons rulebook at the start. However the plot is awesome. And there's so much to do. Plus due to the nature of fluff in the game, it doesn't feel repetitive, which is where it beats icewind dale.

Drifter101

Post by Drifter101 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:15 pm

I prefer the IWD games over BG. Both games have great level design. The main difference is that the IWD games allow you to create your own party. Where BG you have to recruit the oddball characters the game offers you. Also in BG its annoying because if your main character dies its game over (and he will die) so you end up having to relaod saved games whicH I really hate doing. Atleast in IWD any character in your party can die and the others just resurrect him and on you go, so no cheatyness.

Played Diablo1 a long time ago, was hooked for about 4 hours, mainly because of the eerie music, then never touched it again, the gameplay is way too simplistic.