Bin Laden Dead

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Henry

Re: Bin Laden Dead

Post by Henry » Sat May 07, 2011 5:42 pm

What part of fire fight are you missing Caia?

Osama wasn't surrendering, so shoot em. he doesn't deserve the luxury of treated like Americans, getting tear gassed and surrounded by, they are enemy combatants in a military operation, they shoot we shoot back.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sat May 07, 2011 6:30 pm

Odds on Bin Laden "releasing" a video within 6 months? Let the propaganda begin

Major

Post by Major » Sat May 07, 2011 10:48 pm

bombing the towers, bombing the ships and embassy's, bombing the sites in london and spain. ...all acts of war.

retaliating by dropping bombs on all sorts of locations, potentially killing far more innocents then bin laden did, is consequent action in a war.

im happy more lives were not lost bombing the utter BBQ out of that compound and surrounding city.

Caia

Post by Caia » Sun May 08, 2011 2:28 am

Henry wrote:What part of fire fight are you missing Caia?

Osama wasn't surrendering, so shoot em. he doesn't deserve the luxury of treated like Americans, getting tear gassed and surrounded by, they are enemy combatants in a military operation, they shoot we shoot back.
Oh, I mistook the word "unarmed" for "shooting at people". My bad.

omlow

Post by omlow » Sun May 08, 2011 8:15 am

the situation demanded he be shot. even though he didn't shoot and was likely unarmed. the place was more than likely rigged with explosives that bin laden could've detonated at any time, so they shot him when he didnt surrender.

my problem here is that people seem to think this is the end of it all, barrack included ("we can now start returning soldiers home" or something along those lines).

if that's the case and if that's what this whole war was about (killing osama, again - an individual who probably never shot anybody or flew any planes into any buildings), was it worth the resources and lives?

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Sun May 08, 2011 9:06 am

omlow wrote:
if that's the case and if that's what this whole war was about (killing osama, again - an individual who probably never shot anybody or flew any planes into any buildings), was it worth the resources and lives?
Frankly I think this is about the best way to fight "terrorism". If we want to look at wasted resources then we should look into the directions of the Afghanistan and the Iraq.

Caia

Post by Caia » Mon May 09, 2011 12:05 am

The war was to break Al Queda. At least insofar as to break up their network in Afghanistan and the region. Al Queda is now weaker than it was -- at least in Afghanistan.

Catching Bin Laden, while important to some, wasn't going to end terrorism as we know it. There are a dozen or more people who were ready and willing to take his place.

Bin Laden allegedly made the call to harm the US. For that, he ought to be brought to justice. Had he been shooting or otherwise about to harm people, then I have little problem with him being shot. He wasn't, though. If we're going to have a moral structure to live by, then we need to live by it at all times. Its easy to be able to stick to your moral compass when times are good. But morals get tested when times are bad. We're supposed to be the good guys. The good guys don't shoot unarmed people.

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Mon May 09, 2011 1:47 pm

Lol.. Al Qaeda barely existed before 9/11

:lol:

Funny thing is, we started a war we can't win. They're poor, they're jobless. The Taliban is paying good drug money to kill soldiers... and they've got crazy imams preaching BBQ to them. Simple formula leads to infinite number of potential insurgents both during and after a US occupation.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon May 09, 2011 3:05 pm

Manganator wrote:Lol.. Al Qaeda barely existed before 9/11

:lol:

Funny thing is, we started a war we can't win. They're poor, they're jobless. The Taliban is paying good drug money to kill soldiers... and they've got crazy imams preaching BBQ to them. Simple formula leads to infinite number of potential insurgents both during and after a US occupation.
QFT.

The one and only way to solve terrorism, globally, is to raise the standard of living for everyone. This will also solve religious extremism and overpopulation.

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Mon May 09, 2011 6:10 pm

Dave34 wrote:The nigga's dead, now shut the hell up.
I wonder how you think you come across.

Henry

Post by Henry » Mon May 09, 2011 9:40 pm

You all realize how much intel was stored inside of Bin Laden's compound right?

Manganator

Post by Manganator » Tue May 10, 2011 12:14 am

MadAce wrote:
Dave34 wrote:The nigga's dead, now shut the hell up.
I wonder how you think you come across.
Ahahahahah!

I think, hindsight being 20/20, the best system of government would have been a tribal confederacy... where we could bribe certain tribal chieftains with arms and money and offer large monetary rewards for killed Taliban officials... That's how you destroy the centralized authority of a tribal system. If we wanted to do stupid nationbuilding, We probably should have kept all of that contained to Kabul.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Tue May 10, 2011 5:55 am

MadAce wrote: QFT.

The one and only way to solve terrorism, globally, is to raise the standard of living for everyone. This will also solve religious extremism and overpopulation.

this. generally speaking contented people are less likely to think radically.

tekkamanblade

Post by tekkamanblade » Thu May 19, 2011 5:34 pm

i don't understand which "death" you are talking about, since there have been 9 or 10 already. i remember fox news said he was already dead in December of 2001, the new york times saying he was dead in 2002. in 2005 and 2006 two different former CIA operatives claimed Osama was killed in 2003. in 2007 Benazir Bhutto went on tv to say he was dead, and was then assassinated. i remember the two separate times he was reported as dying from renal failure, and even the hoaxed "proof" he was frozen so that he could be "found" whenever it was of the biggest political advantage.

also, since when do young kids, teenagers, or even young adults watch political news on tv, much less party about it? i bet you anything those "response to news of bin laden's death" videos were staged on purpose, and only after seeing those did real people do it in a monkey-see/monkey-do type of way. both mainstream media and our government routinely fake clips like that, it wouldn't be anything new.

i saw someone in this very thread claim there was a firefight this time around, thats pretty funny. did you miss the part where they had to recall that version of the story (and 2 or 3 others) because they were so blatantly untrue? same with the original report of dna evidence coming out faster than its possible to even run a dna test, much less get samples from the scene to anyone qualified to run one. lets have that sample sent to multiple independent labs for verification instead of throwing it into the ocean next time, k?

there couldn't have been a trial with real evidence, since he has STILL never been charged with any crime in relation to 9/11 and it was never added to his FBI most wanted list of bad BBQ we were after him for. despite claiming to have evidence we could see later, there has never been ANY produced by our government or any other that he was in any way responsible, even ideologically, which should be a easy home run considering.

but even if they did have a trial, it would be a secret military tribunal or a trumped up international kangaroo court of some kind where they torture you until you are ready to confess to anything, including the assassinations of JFK, Lincoln, Christ, and doctor Emmit brown, whose time machine you used to pull off your capricious caper.

even admitting that, they should have still had the trial. if he was alive, and they found him, they should prove it. if he planned 9/11 they should prove that. if they have no plan on proving anything to anyone, then they might as well ask me to pray to thor. there is more evidence for the son of odin than this year's death of osama bin laden.

Henry

Post by Henry » Fri May 20, 2011 3:33 am

tekkamanblade wrote:i don't understand which "death" you are talking about, since there have been 9 or 10 already. i remember fox news said he was already dead in December of 2001, the new york times saying he was dead in 2002. in 2005 and 2006 two different former CIA operatives claimed Osama was killed in 2003. in 2007 Benazir Bhutto went on tv to say he was dead, and was then assassinated. i remember the two separate times he was reported as dying from renal failure, and even the hoaxed "proof" he was frozen so that he could be "found" whenever it was of the biggest political advantage.
The confirmed one with photos and video footage, smartass
tekkamanblade wrote:also, since when do young kids, teenagers, or even young adults watch political news on tv, much less party about it? i bet you anything those "response to news of bin laden's death" videos were staged on purpose, and only after seeing those did real people do it in a monkey-see/monkey-do type of way. both mainstream media and our government routinely fake clips like that, it wouldn't be anything new.
I'd take that bet, and make some easy money. You aren't an American, are you?
tekkamanblade wrote:i saw someone in this very thread claim there was a firefight this time around, thats pretty funny. did you miss the part where they had to recall that version of the story (and 2 or 3 others) because they were so blatantly untrue? same with the original report of dna evidence coming out faster than its possible to even run a dna test, much less get samples from the scene to anyone qualified to run one. lets have that sample sent to multiple independent labs for verification instead of throwing it into the ocean next time, k?
Infact there was a firefight, a short one, plus there was a period of time where the SEAL's helmet cams "went out" dunno what happened there. And you do realize that Osama's body was brought aboard an aircraft carrier. You'd have to be a hugging moron to think they did not run a proper DNA test. And have you ever ran a DNA test? with two solid sources (DNA from his sister who died years ago in boston, and DNA from Osama himself) not trace amounts? It doesn't take that long, and any high school student could run one. Learn your facts.
tekkamanblade wrote:there couldn't have been a trial with real evidence, since he has STILL never been charged with any crime in relation to 9/11 and it was never added to his FBI most wanted list of bad BBQ we were after him for. despite claiming to have evidence we could see later, there has never been ANY produced by our government or any other that he was in any way responsible, even ideologically, which should be a easy home run considering.
Besides the fact that he was the founder and leader of the Al Qaeda?
tekkamanblade wrote:but even if they did have a trial, it would be a secret military tribunal or a trumped up international kangaroo court of some kind where they torture you until you are ready to confess to anything, including the assassinations of JFK, Lincoln, Christ, and doctor Emmit brown, whose time machine you used to pull off your capricious caper.
sounds like you need to get some sleep buddy, I'm not going to dignify that with an actual response.
tekkamanblade wrote:even admitting that, they should have still had the trial. if he was alive, and they found him, they should prove it. if he planned 9/11 they should prove that. if they have no plan on proving anything to anyone, then they might as well ask me to pray to thor. there is more evidence for the son of odin than this year's death of osama bin laden.
Henry wrote:sounds like you need to get some sleep buddy, I'm not going to dignify that with an actual response.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sun May 22, 2011 2:05 am

lol henry, those break-down-and-analze-every-part-of-something things are always fun to read :D

Luna

Post by Luna » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:21 am

One down....give seal team 6 a drink on me. They did mankind a favor.

invaderzim

Post by invaderzim » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:42 pm

Caia wrote:Had he been shooting or otherwise about to harm people, then I have little problem with him being shot. He wasn't, though. If we're going to have a moral structure to live by, then we need to live by it at all times. Its easy to be able to stick to your moral compass when times are good. But morals get tested when times are bad. We're supposed to be the good guys. The good guys don't shoot unarmed people.
Caia wrote:No, freedom of speech has very few limitations to it. And I'm happy about that. And along the same lines nothing stops people from peacefully protesting outside the Westboro Church while armed to the teeth. If some lunatic happens to start shooting, eh.
you seem to be contradicting yourself about your stance on shooting unarmed people. first quote says its morally wrong and shouldnt be done, second says you couldn't care less