rehab option for prisoners

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

rehab option for prisoners

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:58 am

so, i just got back from this thing where a bunch of high school kids debate bills in a mock congress. one of the bills passed was basically that military service should be an optional alternative to jail time. i liked this idea. thoughts?

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:34 am

GRAWRG. wrote:so, i just got back from this thing where a bunch of high school kids debate bills in a mock congress. one of the bills passed was basically that military service should be an optional alternative to jail time. i liked this idea. thoughts?

To some crimes I agree. But sometimes giving a criminal a weapon isn't the best idea. What if they go AWOL with weapons in a foreign country during war-time? Ha.

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by omlow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:51 am

how can you not trust criminals to offend your citizens, while trusting them to defend your citizens?

User avatar
NARUTARD
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: That house at the end of the street.

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by NARUTARD » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:55 am

Does it come with multiple exorcisms to said criminal before they go and give him the guns and weapons?

User avatar
JuliusCaesar
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: Middle of nj, usa

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by JuliusCaesar » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:39 am

only if they are the cannon fodder. think "not one step back comrades" kind of thing. right mel?

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:27 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:only if they are the cannon fodder. think "not one step back comrades" kind of thing. right mel?
Lol! sure, lets put em in the frontlines and call them conscripts. ^-^

User avatar
omlow
Posts: 1733
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:26 pm
Location: The Ferrari Dealership
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by omlow » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:08 am

on second thought, giving criminals guns they use to commit crimes, then letting them loose on enemy territory doesn't seem like such a bad idea after all. :lol:

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by GRAWRG. » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:25 pm

well im a generally ill-informed person. part of the bill was that people who had committed certain crimes wouldnt have the option.

however, isnt the military known for "straightening people out"? they dont just agree, and you hand them a gun, and thats that? thats just my idea of training, i mean, i dont know how long they'd be trained or what exactly the training would be like. i just dont see these people being in a combat situation and shooting at the friendlies instead of the not friendlies and trying to run... where exactly? o.o

oh yay, you got away from fellow soldiers.. now you're alone in enemy territory wearing a US uniform?

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:54 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:well im a generally ill-informed person. part of the bill was that people who had committed certain crimes wouldnt have the option.

however, isnt the military known for "straightening people out"? they dont just agree, and you hand them a gun, and thats that? thats just my idea of training, i mean, i dont know how long they'd be trained or what exactly the training would be like. i just dont see these people being in a combat situation and shooting at the friendlies instead of the not friendlies and trying to run... where exactly? o.o

oh yay, you got away from fellow soldiers.. now you're alone in enemy territory wearing a US uniform?
Rofl, we should just give the prisoners that have life sentences a choice to be sent to some small remote island in the middle of the pacific and make a reality show with hidden cameras and stuff and we can watch the prisoners kill each other over trying to become king of their little crap island. All funds from the 24/7 televised show would go to the government. Everyones happy. ^-^

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:36 am

was there a reason for quoting me in your last post mel? o.o

and lol, i could go for that xD we make money (how much though? will it be more than what an island costs these days?) and they kill each other for us!
but no, BBQ would go so wrong with that. but i have no problems with the morality of it.

User avatar
Wagon
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: I love you man!

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Wagon » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:58 pm

We already turn them into unicorns and take away the horn so they can't harm anyone. That's where there are so many horses.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:50 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:was there a reason for quoting me in your last post mel? o.o

and lol, i could go for that xD we make money (how much though? will it be more than what an island costs these days?) and they kill each other for us!
but no, BBQ would go so wrong with that. but i have no problems with the morality of it.
Lol I started by quoting you because I had something to say but after I clicked quote I forgot because that idea totally pwned what I was going to say.

And morality???? Those bastards rape/kill innocent people We should do it ESPECIALLY for child molesters and BBQ.

Its not fair that some of those prisoners did HORRIBLE crimes and they get to watch TV and BBQ. I'd rather them be in a well like on Silence of the Lambs. (does it make us any better you might ask? well I say this. once they have done such despicable acts THEY SHOULDN'T BE EVEN TREATED AS HUMAN. hell if human flesh was good cooked, I'd like to see them slaughtered and sold in little packages like beef. (of course its not though.))

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by GRAWRG. » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:57 pm

ehhhhhhhh yeah. im that kind of person, but the majority of people or at least the people in charge dont feel that way. basically what you'd be doing is sending these people away for life and likely to die. most sentences arent for the remainder of a person life, and most people committing those offenses arent sentenced to death, so this idea wouldnt be allowed xD

personally, if for some reason people were ok going in that direction, id be in favor of just going ahead and killing them. saves money, saves space, and possibly saves lives if any of those people managed to get off said island.

Catfish
Posts: 1896
Joined: Sun May 06, 2007 7:47 pm
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Catfish » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:Those bastards rape/kill innocent people
not often the case.

User avatar
LordSturm
Posts: 859
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:08 pm
Location: spamming forums to get post count up :}

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by LordSturm » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:34 am

the U.S military's claim it straightens people out is a cleverly created advertising ploy used by the united states military to get kids who have problems in life and school to join.

I have friends and family who went though the marines, army etc and trust me they are just as immature and ill prepared to support themselves as when they went in.

i am sure however plenty of people have a positive outcome when joining and do use the knowledge they acquired in the job marketplace, however i suspect it is a minority.


i would imagine the people that they show as successful after leaving were already on the straight and narrow to begin with.

User avatar
NARUTARD
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:48 pm
Location: That house at the end of the street.

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by NARUTARD » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:02 am

Catfish wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:Those bastards rape/kill innocent people
not often the case.
Yeah most of the time those freaks and monsters don't get caught in the first place.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:38 pm

NARUTARD wrote:
Catfish wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:Those bastards rape/kill innocent people
not often the case.
Yeah most of the time those freaks and monsters don't get caught in the first place.

but if they do get caught I'd like to watch them kill eachother off. Both entertaining and moral booster knowing those bastards are killing eachother and not little children. Also it has the reverse effect that usually happens with prisoners, THE STATE ACTUALLY GETS MONEY!

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by MadAce » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:45 pm

This thread is an amazingly apt example of the reasons why the common people shouldn't be allowed to decide what is right and what is wrong.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:48 pm

MadAce wrote:This thread is an amazingly apt example of the reasons why the common people shouldn't be allowed to decide what is right and what is wrong.
Oh please, you always act like your better than everyone else. You think they should be treated as human, MadAce?

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:36 pm

Dave34 wrote:
MadAce wrote:This thread is an amazingly apt example of the reasons why the common people shouldn't be allowed to decide what is right and what is wrong.
^^^^^^

That is troll bait, no one should respond to it.
Its a good thing I'm a forum troll.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:44 pm

Dave34 wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:Its a good thing I'm a forum troll.
Have fun with it I guess, you might as well be arguing with a rock.
Why do you say that? Sometimes MadAce has constructive arguments.

Other times he just thinks he half human and full god.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by MadAce » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:50 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:
MadAce wrote:This thread is an amazingly apt example of the reasons why the common people shouldn't be allowed to decide what is right and what is wrong.
Oh please, you always act like your better than everyone else. You think they should be treated as human, MadAce?
Yes.

I'm going to tell you why.


Because they are human. As human as you or I.


Also, I am better than most people. It's an objective fact.

Not that it's much of a challenge...

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:51 pm

MadAce wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:
MadAce wrote:This thread is an amazingly apt example of the reasons why the common people shouldn't be allowed to decide what is right and what is wrong.
Oh please, you always act like your better than everyone else. You think they should be treated as human, MadAce?
Yes.

I'm going to tell you why.


Because they are human. As human as you or I.


Also, I am better than most people. It's an objective fact.

Not that it's much of a challenge...
You are right, but how do you know I am not an AI, hmmmmm?


You thinking your better than most people is just relative to your perception of 'better' so shush.

User avatar
GRAWRG.
Posts: 939
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by GRAWRG. » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:15 pm

yet another topic ruined by madace.

User avatar
JuliusCaesar
Posts: 1581
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 9:23 pm
Location: Middle of nj, usa

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by JuliusCaesar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:29 pm

GRAWRG. wrote:yet another topic ruined by madace.

User avatar
Mel'Kaven
Posts: 2187
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:58 am
Location: Kittehville
Contact:

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by Mel'Kaven » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:37 am

JuliusCaesar wrote:
GRAWRG. wrote:yet another topic ruined by madace.

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by MadAce » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:59 pm

Mel'Kaven wrote:
MadAce wrote:
Mel'Kaven wrote:
Oh please, you always act like your better than everyone else. You think they should be treated as human, MadAce?
Yes.

I'm going to tell you why.


Because they are human. As human as you or I.


Also, I am better than most people. It's an objective fact.

Not that it's much of a challenge...


You thinking your better than most people is just relative to your perception of 'better' so shush.

You're right.

I'm better according to the best definition of "better".

;-) :twisted:



Anyways. I'd like to say you are all barbarians and I'm glad you are not in charge of anything important in this world. The way you dehumanize and demean human beings makes me think you lack basic empathy but of course you just have average empathy. Sadly enough.

I can perfectly well afford to talk like this because in this entire thread there isn't a single, not one, coherent and logical reasoning. It's all just blah blah and platitudes.

Okay, maybe that's not fair. Lordsturm managed to throw in some hearsay and anecdotal evidence. Good on you, Lordsturm. In the land of the blind and all that...





Seriously... I leave one thread alone, intentionally and this is what it becomes? Mind-boggling.



Anyways, the discussion has been done before. Of course I won overwhelmingly. http://starportgame.com/sgeforum/viewto ... =8&t=19181

Feel free to attack any of my points in the thread.

JesusRocks765
Posts: 1329
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:57 am

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:35 am

Just keep evils locked in Jail forever - not Barbaric gladiator combats or who is the Real Barbarian here? :o


~A Christian View on the Subject~

User avatar
MadAce
Posts: 4280
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:12 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by MadAce » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:55 am

JesusRocks765 wrote:Just keep evils locked in Jail forever - not Barbaric gladiator combats or who is the Real Barbarian here? :o


~A Christian View on the Subject~


Barbarians are people who see the world in black and white...

SiN
Posts: 267
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:58 pm

Re: rehab option for prisoners

Post by SiN » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 am

Kill them all. Then defile their bodies with necrophiliacs. then put them in a blender and feed them to the rest of the prison inmates.

Post Reply