eyesight

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

JesusRocks765

Re: eyesight

Post by JesusRocks765 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:45 am

I got nothing really to say about this, we both know how it works and this topic is pretty self-explanitory. Good Luck in life :D

Mel'Kaven

Post by Mel'Kaven » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:49 am

This topic is hugging over half a year old and you people are still debating?

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:35 am

I was still trying to convince someone to try for a long enough time. Sunning working so much faster. But people are scared to try it. :/

Well, Like I said, I've quit trying. This site is just going to go marked as unsuccessful.

Yes good luck in life. :)

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:17 pm

JesusRocks765 wrote:
Latias wrote:I know why it was bad. I played a gameboy SP until 2:00 in the morning every day playing stupid Pokemon. >:( I had little sleep (meaning little time to recover). and the time that was meant for recovering was actually the time were I got the most damage, the screen is bright, and I played at night.
China has wrecked so many Children's Eyes :cry:

the country your looking for is Japan, you do not pass go, you do not collect 200 dollars.

also neither china nor japan forced the game onto him.

also theres little to no medical information support that video games ruin eyes. My doctor told me himself thats a myth and the reason your eyes are painful after playing games like that for extended periods is that you tend to blink very little while gaming, causing your eyes to dry out hence the redness.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 1:22 am

I didnt know you were asian, and I wasnt being raciest.

China/Japan/whoever makes pokeoman made tons of game that damage eyesight.

and LS, if you seriously play Pokeoman and dont have eye damage it isnt a big deal, some people have perfect eyesight most of their life, but on the Majority it's pixels have a negative effect on Vision.

LordSturm

Post by LordSturm » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:32 am

im not asian.

StarLAN

Post by StarLAN » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:51 pm

CrazyChef wrote:Image
this would work too
Nice one Chef!

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:33 am

Cloud1 wrote:
JesusRocks765 wrote:I didnt know you were asian, and I wasnt being raciest.

China/Japan/whoever makes pokeoman made tons of game that damage eyesight.

and LS, if you seriously play Pokeoman and dont have eye damage it isnt a big deal, some people have perfect eyesight most of their life, but on the Majority it's pixels have a negative effect on Vision.
Maybe they're jealous of our perfect rounded eyes, JKS LOL. I love everything Japanese. I don't know if gameboy would ruin eyes sight since the light is not strong enough to do any dmg. I know that moniters/t.v does a little dmg to the eyes, hence why they invented anti glare screens.
They Are! D:

and the low light is what causes the damage :wink:

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:32 pm

*muters, whatever happened to no posting*
yea guys...the Japanese or whatever the games ect did not make me play the game, I wanted to because it was fun, this is third and fourth grade I'm talking about. The newest thing was the gameboy SP and those were very bad for anyone's eyes. Yes, the pixels are dangous to look at, and yes, the combination of the brightness and the fact that the screen is so small I don't have to move my eyes makes it so my eye's don't think it's drying out so I don't blink, then of course I'm playing on a bright screen in pitch black. Rocks first post: I don't think the SP had low light. oh btw, what's worse, I played from 9:30 strait to 2:00 without looking at anything else. sometimes 2:00 to 7:00 in the morning. I did this for months, every night. This is what killed my eyes.
And trust me, if you just woke up in pitch black, and turn on the SP in front of your face...it's pretty bright. I don't know much about the SP, but I think they only had two light settings, I think for the first couple months the brightness was on high and then I figured out what that button in the middle did.

Rocks other post: yea some people have perfect eyesight their whole lifes. Even at an old age, lucky them right? XD but the whole world isn't like that though. I mean, I damaged my eyesight way before I even realized how bad the things I were doing was......sort of unfair :cry:

LS: the video games themselfs don't hurt your eyes. watching a person go back and fourth isn't a problem, it's the screen that does the damage. Those Anti-glare screen do more than get rid of glare I think. lol XD but I'm pretty sure those gameboys DON'T use those screens. :lol:

nine-breaker

Post by nine-breaker » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:27 am

Guys just forget it, people like this, you cant convince of anything once they have their mind set on something, no matter how wrong they are. Latias, I'm almost positive you've never played this game anyway, so why are you even here?

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 am

I saw him once on TNF and tok his Earth colony :D

First hard col Ive ever capped :wink:

GuardianDragon

Post by GuardianDragon » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:30 am

I play on blitz and my name is Viper.
I am currently in school, you'll probably never see my play on weekdays until vacation.

Major

Post by Major » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:28 pm

he plays on GA sometimes also. somehow he's a player-helper, yet asks me newbie questions about the game in chat for hours. nice guy though.

see my "player-helpers are some kinda inside joke with devs" post.

JesusRocks765

Post by JesusRocks765 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:49 pm

I agree major, the Ackbar, the funny choices of helpers, I think its all a joke :lol: