Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by gothicorpunk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:32 pm

Ok so what you do is go week by week Right now is wild-card so say you picks for them games and when its divisional you would post about that week.

Debating welcome but please no flaming. If you debate keep it mature please no cursing, caps or rude remarks.

Suggested that you look at stats, injury list and other factors before making your choice.

You spam, go off topic, or be immature you will be reported because football is the best sport and this is for people who love football and like talking about it.

Wild-Card Choices
-----------------
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS
NEW YORK JETS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS


My picks
--------
NO
NYJ
GB
KC


Will make a post of the divisional matches Monday at the latest.

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Major » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:20 pm

As a Jets fan there is no way in hell they will win.

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by gothicorpunk » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:26 pm

Major wrote:As a Jets fan there is no way in hell they will win.
I thought the same thing i but looked into it a lot looked at all the factors and i think they got a good shot. Half the dam colts are still hurt for one. The jets are also playing for so much more then the colts.

Plus come on patriots vs colts is every playoff I'm tired of it lol

User avatar
kenoneill
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Republic of Ireland

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by kenoneill » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:52 pm

i'd love the seahawks to win it. First division winners into the play-offs with a losing record(7-9). It would piss so many ppl off if they won. i watched the game against the rams on t.v. and the american commentators were near having heart-attacks at it.

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Major » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:39 pm

I'd say we have a punchers chance to beat payton in indy. but then its to NE. ...after the last loss it's hard to get jazzed up for that.

NFC west is like my cats donkey. It kinda smells, it's always in the way, and you just try to ignore it.

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Barefoot » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:23 am

My Picks

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - Seahawks have a point differential of -87. That's all you need to know. What a disgrace they got in the playoffs.
NEW YORK JETS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - This should be a great game. I'm picking the colts because they have more experience playing in december. the Jets are usually at home with their family.
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - No one has figured out how to stop michael vick, yet. I believe that this will be a high-scoring affair
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - Chiefs have struggled to run the ball lately and just allowed 31 points to the raiders last week. Ravens win this one

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Barefoot wrote:My Picks

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - Seahawks have a point differential of -87. That's all you need to know. What a disgrace they got in the playoffs.
NEW YORK JETS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - This should be a great game. I'm picking the colts because they have more experience playing in december. the Jets are usually at home with their family.
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - No one has figured out how to stop michael vick, yet. I believe that this will be a high-scoring affair
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - Chiefs have struggled to run the ball lately and just allowed 31 points to the raiders last week. Ravens win this one
What you didn't see about the eagle thou is vick and jackson are both questionable which is there entire offense. Both injurys are foot/ankle related, vick has bin grounded for the past few games because of his foot I think due to the injurys they will lose with out a fighting chance.

on my phone so sorry if it's hard to read.

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:43 pm

Major wrote:I'd say we have a punchers chance to beat payton in indy. but then its to NE. ...after the last loss it's hard to get jazzed up for that.

NFC west is like my cats donkey. It kinda smells, it's always in the way, and you just try to ignore it.
This is why I want jets to win. haha Patriots fan, feel like jets no affense will get crushed again by te patriots if they face them again the jets can't stop all are receivers. When the jets first played the patriots we were a different team that's why they won now that we use all are receivers and revis is having a bad year they can't win.

Colts know how to stop are throwing game alot more and have a very good throwing game of them selfs. They win and patriots migt not go to champs so that's kinda why I picked the jets it's more of hope they will win. Jets vs colts will be a good game.

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Barefoot » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:32 pm

gothicorpunk wrote:
Barefoot wrote:My Picks

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - Seahawks have a point differential of -87. That's all you need to know. What a disgrace they got in the playoffs.
NEW YORK JETS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - This should be a great game. I'm picking the colts because they have more experience playing in december. the Jets are usually at home with their family.
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - No one has figured out how to stop michael vick, yet. I believe that this will be a high-scoring affair
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - Chiefs have struggled to run the ball lately and just allowed 31 points to the raiders last week. Ravens win this one
What you didn't see about the eagle thou is vick and jackson are both questionable which is there entire offense. Both injurys are foot/ankle related, vick has bin grounded for the past few games because of his foot I think due to the injurys they will lose with out a fighting chance.

on my phone so sorry if it's hard to read.
Vick and DJax will play. They'll be fine. They aren't the whole offense, however, either. Don't forget about Mccoy, Maclin, and Celek. Those guys can all play.

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by gothicorpunk » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:12 pm

Barefoot wrote:
gothicorpunk wrote:
Barefoot wrote:My Picks

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS @ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS - Seahawks have a point differential of -87. That's all you need to know. What a disgrace they got in the playoffs.
NEW YORK JETS @ INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - This should be a great game. I'm picking the colts because they have more experience playing in december. the Jets are usually at home with their family.
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ PHILADELPHIA EAGLES - No one has figured out how to stop michael vick, yet. I believe that this will be a high-scoring affair
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ KANSAS CITY CHIEFS - Chiefs have struggled to run the ball lately and just allowed 31 points to the raiders last week. Ravens win this one
What you didn't see about the eagle thou is vick and jackson are both questionable which is there entire offense. Both injurys are foot/ankle related, vick has bin grounded for the past few games because of his foot I think due to the injurys they will lose with out a fighting chance.

on my phone so sorry if it's hard to read.
Vick and DJax will play. They'll be fine. They aren't the whole offense, however, either. Don't forget about Mccoy, Maclin, and Celek. Those guys can all play.
idk if you watched the past few eagles games but they havent bin the same. any foot injury will make it impossible for you to play 100% and this is the playoffs where u need 100% all the time so if they do end up playing i don't think they will be able to pull it off.

i have a good feeling GB will win but with vick and jackson playing on home field will give GB a good fight, Will defiantly come down to how bad there injury's are.

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Major » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:16 pm

(I posted this on the Jets board last night, but made some modifications.........)

I'm posting this specifically for "stat watchers" who believe that all you need to know can be found on a stat sheet. That couldn't be further from the truth.

I do believe that Darrelle Revis should be one of the top names considered for the Defensive POY award, but anyone who looks at stat sheets would laugh me off the planet.

His stats through 12 games?

22 Solo Tackles, 6 Assists, 0 Sacks, 9 Passes Defensed, 0 Interceptions, 0 Forced Fumbles, and 0 scores.

Pretty lame numbers for a Defensive POY candidate, wouldn't you say?

Hardly...because anyone who knows the game knows that on defense, it's often the stats you DON'T accrue that mean the most. Stats like Revis' more often than not would be an indicator of sub-par play or a reserve who doesn't see much time on the field. Revis is one of the rare exceptions where you have to look at the entire body of work to evaluate his impact.

There hasn't been a DB who has shut down an entire side of the field as effectively as Revis since Deion Sanders. His numbers are an absolute JOKE compared to other DBs.....but their "stats" are more numerous and noticeable because people aren't as afraid to throw at them and the old risk/reward factor comes into play.

Case in point. Revis' teammate Antonio Cromartie's stats.

39 Solo Tackles, 1 Assist, 1 Sack, 16 Passes Defensed, 3 Interceptions, 0 Forced Fumbles, 0 TDs

Not a bad year. Cromartie's stats are pretty impressive because the ball is coming to him more than Revis, but since Cromartie is no slouch either, his stats are lower than other DBs

The Patriots' rookie Devin McCourty's stats are REALLY noticeable.

65 Solo Tackles, 12 Assists, 1 Sack, 15 Passes Defensed, 6 Interceptions, 1 Forced Fumble, 0 TDs

If someone just took stats into account at face value, they would think that McCourty is having a better season than Revis and Cromartie combined. McCourty IS having a great season for a rookie and may just get the Defensive ROY award, but his numbers are greater because he hasn't proven himself to be a shutdown corner just yet, so offenses are testing him. If he keeps up his current level of play and continues to develop, I'm sure his numbers will decrease the same as Cromartie's and my Defensive POY candidate, Darrelle Revis.

How do you quantify the value of a DB based on numbers that don't exist? I guess you just have to watch Revis to understand.

I hope the stat watchers pay attention to this, because stats alone don't tell the deal. What you don't see on a stat sheet sometimes tells the entire story, but you have to know how to read the story to understand it. Stats can be interpreted as much for what they don't show as what they do show. You need to drill down beneath the numbers and look at the reasons for the numbers.

Also a big green steel firemans helmet to Bradys knee wouldn't hurt NY's chances of making a Superbowl birth.

User avatar
kenoneill
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Republic of Ireland

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by kenoneill » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:28 am

suck it anti seahawks bitches

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Barefoot » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:05 pm

kenoneill wrote:suck it anti seahawks bitches
Great win for the seahawks. Will go down as one of the greatest upsets in playoff history (how about that crazy-donkey run by Marshawn Lynch???!) However, it's truly a testament to how F-ed up the playoff system is that the 7-9 seahawks got homefield advantage over the 10-6 saints. I don't think the saints would have lost in new orleans.

If the seahawks didn't get to play the 49ers 2 times a year they wouldn't have had a chance to be in the playoffs in the first place

User avatar
kenoneill
Posts: 468
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:55 pm
Location: Republic of Ireland

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by kenoneill » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:13 am

what about the poor raiders. 6-0 in there division and still not in the p-offs.
i'm laughing so hard it hurts. commentator asked michael vick would he be walking his dog till nxt season now thier out.

User avatar
BardockSGE
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 am
Location: Noob from Boundless Sea.

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by BardockSGE » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:27 pm

DIE COLTS DIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GET LUCKY AS HELL AND BEAT OAAAKKLAANNDDDDDDDDDDD.

I'm kidding. But seriously, Go Ravens, they got this. As an oakland fan, I'm very satisfied with this year, we cut it close this year guys!

User avatar
gothicorpunk
Posts: 1175
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 pm
Location: retired classic homeworld's president
Contact:

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by gothicorpunk » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:39 pm

Divisional Round
---------------------
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
NEW YORK JETS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ CHICAGO BEARS

My picks
----------------------
BAL-very very close game should be mad fun to watch
ATL-Gonna be ether a good game or a blow out.
NE- Lmfao blow out Patriots will crush the jets that's why i wanted them to win last week there ants to the patriots they can't even stop one receiver look what they did against are 5
CHI-Blow out seahawks were on a hype now they proved what they wanted there done gonna be 30 point spread.

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Major » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:03 pm

ill take steelers packers jets and bears.


suck it vegas!

User avatar
BardockSGE
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 am
Location: Noob from Boundless Sea.

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by BardockSGE » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:09 pm

kenoneill wrote:what about the poor raiders. 6-0 in there division and still not in the p-offs.
i'm laughing so hard it hurts. commentator asked michael vick would he be walking his dog till nxt season now thier out.
Whoopie do. Who gives a BBQ about score? Raiders played great all season, against some of the leagues best teams, ignoring the Pittsburgh game lol. Then again, aint much you can do against a pissed off Ben after their last donkey kicking. I'm happy with this year. Fact of the matter, they played great ball, better than some in the play offs, I'd go as far to say. One game off the play offs dude, in a game they should have won.

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Barefoot » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:18 am

gothicorpunk wrote:Divisional Round
---------------------
BALTIMORE RAVENS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ ATLANTA FALCONS
NEW YORK JETS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ CHICAGO BEARS

My picks
----------------------
BAL-very very close game should be mad fun to watch
ATL-Gonna be ether a good game or a blow out.
NE- Lmfao blow out Patriots will crush the jets that's why i wanted them to win last week there ants to the patriots they can't even stop one receiver look what they did against are 5
CHI-Blow out seahawks were on a hype now they proved what they wanted there done gonna be 30 point spread.
Well seeing as I was 1/4 in the wild card round, I better pick up the slack

BALTIMORE RAVENS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS - Game I'm most excited to watch. I give the edge to the home team
GREEN BAY PACKERS @ ATLANTA FALCONS - falcons are very balanced and well-coached. Also, Matt Ryan has only two losses at home in his entire career
NEW YORK JETS @ NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS - 45 to 3 in the last meeting. Maybe the jets won't get skewered this time around, but I don't see Rex Ryan outcoaching Belichick.
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS @ CHICAGO BEARS - cinderella turns back into a (frozen) pumpkin at soldier field

User avatar
Toonces
Site Admin
Posts: 1614
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:23 am
Location: Beta Canum Venaticorum
Contact:

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Toonces » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:07 am

I say the Seahawks will beat the Bears!

User avatar
BardockSGE
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 am
Location: Noob from Boundless Sea.

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by BardockSGE » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:49 am

Toonces wrote:I say the Seahawks will beat the Bears!
Doubt it

User avatar
Wagon
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 pm
Location: I love you man!

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Wagon » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:40 pm

the unicorns are going to beat the patriots

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Major » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Wagon wrote:the unicorns are going to beat the patriots
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqwVuER ... r_embedded
^Sanchez is seen messing with Schottenheimer’s desktop by changing the background to a picture of the aforementioned majestic creature, then gleefully leaving the scene of the crime.


Yes, The rainbow pissing unicorns are going to beat The Patriots.

(My ability to keep Wagon on-topic is why I'm the Mod.)

User avatar
Caia
Posts: 790
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:15 pm

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Caia » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:44 am

Buffalo will win.

User avatar
BardockSGE
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 am
Location: Noob from Boundless Sea.

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by BardockSGE » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 pm

Caia wrote:Buffalo will win.
LOL

User avatar
Havok
Posts: 274
Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:38 pm
Location: Behind you, about to torp your engines

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Havok » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:10 am

Falcons beat Packers by 6. Rise Up!

User avatar
Saber-Fury
2011 Pax Champion
Posts: 933
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Saber-Fury » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:55 pm

barefoot sounds like a newspaper writer when he makes his predictions if only he could get them right :)

User avatar
Barefoot
Posts: 1119
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 3:39 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Barefoot » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:27 am

Saber-Fury wrote:barefoot sounds like a newspaper writer when he makes his predictions if only he could get them right :)
Haha I might as well be wrong with grace. I definitely don't have a future career in vegas.

User avatar
BardockSGE
Posts: 1122
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:07 am
Location: Noob from Boundless Sea.

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by BardockSGE » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:02 am

Daaamn. Good game. Poor ravens. Way to hand away the game guys!

User avatar
Major
Posts: 1100
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:26 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Your Picks for the 2011 Superbowl.

Post by Major » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:01 am

Image

:P

Image

:mrgreen:

Post Reply