For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

JoeLewd

code of conduct

Post by JoeLewd » Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:20 pm

on this game the code reads

Code of Conduct
The following actions are prohibited:

* Continuous offensive or audio spam of the team or all chat channels.
* Open hostility towards newbies, both individual and towards newbies in general.
* Hostaging of servers, defined as a refusal to give up command against the wishes of the majority of players in a game.
* Multiple consecutive and rapid use of the Randomize Teams button.
* Boot resigning, defined as a commander’s ejecting of his own team in order to get the game resigned.
* Newbie booting. Booting a newbie of rank (4) or lower is prohibited unless the newbie is actively working to intentionally destroy the game and has already been warned via Private Message and All chat, accompanied by the "Read the Chat" voice message. (~yy) Examples of such actions are: moving drones, probing exits, attacking friendly targets with FF on, not donating paydays to the commander (unless specifically told to stop), making hostile remarks, etc.
* Veterans playing on servers designated as newbie-only servers unless you hold Admin or @Alleg status.

Any violation of the above rules will result in an immediate and clear warning from an admin or ZoneLeader. Failure to cease will result in removal from the current game. The Administrators and Zone Leaders of Allegiance have been granted the ability to eject disruptive players who do not abide by the Code of Conduct. Repeated offenses by a disruptive player may result in action taken against their gameplay account.

this place should adopt a code such as this to keep new players active

-nox-

Re: code of conduct

Post by -nox- » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:36 pm

but i really want to use the random team button :cry:

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:35 am

there was it was called Fist the most serious criminals got there donkey kicked....but it only functions when theres an active community.

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Post by Knives. » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:46 pm

McGrod wrote:there was it was called Fist the most serious criminals got there donkey kicked....but it only functions when theres an active community.
I heard "Fist" was a bunch of noobzors led by a bigger noobzor?

And I trust my sources... :D

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:27 am

"fist" can also be a verb

/wink knives.

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:29 am

your right knives, I do recruit and train from newbies as I discoverd on FW that newbies don't stay newbies for long.
Ofcourse insulting a ton of people you don't know is always a positive move.
I don't mind being insulted (actually I do mind but...) Insulting people who wish to bring a positive element to the community with a reward of 'nice one and good work chappy'....whilst also taking a bit of flak from the ignorant does get me a little bit peeved.
So insult me if you wish but don't insult them and the work they have done.
On the the 'led' front well my title was more like Chief intel officer.

On the allegiance thing I checked the site and it does look good not an empire builder but it appears a good battly type of game, with a well thought out introduction to the game.

Turkey

Post by Turkey » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:36 am

Somebody's been playing Allegiance :P You missed the other 2 pages of rules (but they're really more of the same sort of thing).

SGE does have a code of conduct of sorts, but it's much more relaxed. It's in the announcement at the top of the Tavern

Beyatch

Post by Beyatch » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 pm

Major.Arse wrote:"fist" can also be a verb

/wink knives.
ouch!