Please Post Your Sob Stories!!!

For non-Starport related topics

Moderator: Major

Knives.
Location: If I tell you, your parents might file for a divorce.

Please Post Your Sob Stories!!!

Post by Knives. » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:45 am

I'm currently having a bad day. I failed my immunology exam, I think I'm having a reaction to something I ate (95% of our cafeteria food is radioactive), and I haven't had sleep in 2 days. :cry:

Please be kind enough to post your sob stories- I'm hoping that your misfortunes will make me feel better about myself.

Thank you,

Knives.

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:19 am

I live in a place where every guy is trying to pick a fight with me and somehow I'm the bad guy for defending myself. And every girl is way to dramatic and overly emotional... Beyond anything portrayed in most movies... I'm serious.

Its the worst thing ever.

Then theres a few dudes n chicks like me clinging on for dear life each 50 miles apart and unaware of each others existence.

Agh.

Knives.

Post by Knives. » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:30 am

Vermin wrote:I live in a place where every guy is trying to pick a fight with me and somehow I'm the bad guy for defending myself. And every girl is way to dramatic and overly emotional... Beyond anything portrayed in most movies... I'm serious.

Its the worst thing ever.

Then theres a few dudes n chicks like me clinging on for dear life each 50 miles apart and unaware of each others existence.

Agh.
What, you live in Mexico?

Or maybe Newark, NJ. This isn't sobbish enough- you can do better.

I want to hear stories so sad that I'll feel like my life couldn't be any better.

Try harder! :roll:

Vermin

Post by Vermin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:46 am

Thing is I'm a farm kid so I can pretty much bite people in half if I find their lack of will disturbing.

Okay, sob story. right.

Well, you see I had this baby seal as a pet and I called it snuggems but then it was EATEN by my neighbors so I went to their house and said "Hold! Why do you do this thing?" And they said "Neighbor you have spoken the Words, and you have spoken them rightly.
We will tell you our reasons why we enslave all other sentient life.
We evolved on a hostile world, the descendants of solitary hunters.
In those ancient days, there was no Kohr-Ah or Kzer-Za, only the Ur-Quan.
We explored our world, and then the space beyond.
Here we met the six races of the Sentient Milieu, which we joined as partners.
It was on a routine planetfall that one of our Milieu scoutships first met the Dnyarri.
They were evilly intelligent creatures who could control the minds of others.
They wanted to rule the universe. We could not resist them.
For thousands of years, we were unthinking slaves to the Dnyarri.
The Dnyarri had a special liking for us Ur-Quan
so they began to tinker with our genes. They built two Ur-Quan sub-races
one Green, the thinkers and planners
the other Black, the warriors and laborers.
When the martyred genius Kzer-Za gave us the secret to defeating the Dnyarri, we destroyed them.
Then we decided that we would never again be slaves.
We would follow the Path of Now and Forever.
We decided to enslave or imprison all other intelligent life in the galaxy.
We had slave-shielded one world, when we learned that the Black Ur-Quan
under a new leader, Kohr-Ah, had devised the Eternal Doctrine
which called for the `cleansing', the annihilation, of all non-Ur-Quan sentient life.
Before we could stop them, they burned the Yuptar race's homeworld
and were on their way to the planet of the last remaining free race.
We met the Kohr-Ah in orbit above that planet. We confronted them. They would not submit. We fought.
When our battle was done, the Kohr-Ah were defeated.
We exiled them, sent the remnant of the Kohr-Ah fleet into the unknown reaches of the galaxy.
Then we began our own migration, moving around the galaxy in the opposite direction of the Kohr-Ah.
Captain. You have heard our words. Now you have a decision to make.
Submit to us, the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za, or face our wrath.

And then my girlfriend died and so did my best friend and then there was a catastrophic explosion and I'm paralyzed from the waist down.

And then I shot myselfr;h/lkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mk,m

MadAce

Post by MadAce » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:46 am

RockNation

Re: Please Post Your Sob Stories!!!

Post by RockNation » Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:36 am

Knives. wrote:I'm currently having a bad day. I failed my immunology exam, I think I'm having a reaction to something I ate (95% of our cafeteria food is radioactive), and I haven't had sleep in 2 days. :cry:

Please be kind enough to post your sob stories- I'm hoping that your misfortunes will make me feel better about myself.

Thank you,

Knives.
Hmm let's see. Except for the fact that I'm sick and coughing my lungs out, all is fine.

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:08 pm

MadAce wrote:Image
lol... ;0

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:03 pm

My freshman year of college

Day 1
I wrecked my car, it was determined to be my fault and in addition to the total destruction of my car I got a $300 ticket. Also I had to hitch a ride back to my dorm in the back of a squad car (which was actually kinda cool).

Day1-3
my meal plan wasn't activated and it was an hour walk from where I was staying to the nearest restaurant.

Day 4
A shuttle bus I was on crashed and I missed my first class filling out a police report.

week 5
because of a housing problem, I had been living in a hotel off campus all this time (which was kinda cool but it was a bit of a ways off campus and the location was a pain in the donkey). Well one morning before class someone showed up from the university of akron and told me I had 15 minutes to pack my stuff up so they could move it across campus. (supposedly I was notified earlier but I wasn't). I then spent the rest of the day with no house and no idea where any of my stuff was.

week 6
My new roommates asked me to leave. and I was having some personality differences with my new new roommates and I was moved into the shittiest dorm on campus and my neighbors are all assholes. They play their music loud all day long and every morning the hallway is littered with trash, and every weekend somebody gets drunk and pisses in the elevator. Its also the farthest dorm off campus. The first day I was there someone got shot and killed a street down. The second day someone got mugged right under my window and a week later one of my neighbors got taken out in an ambulance and never came back. (no one really knows that happened there)

week 7
While walking through campus three guys surrounded me and tried to mug me. I talked them into backing off but I had to watch my back for the next few weeks.
I burned myself in chemistry lab.

week 8
I set my lab manual on fire in chemistry lab.

week 9
somebody stole my identity and opened up a bunch of things in my name.
My insurance couldn't cover the damage to the other peoples car that I hit and now their insurance was suing me.
Someone forgot to clean up a chemical spill in chemistry lab and I got a chemical burn on my arm.

second semester
Third day.
I was pickpocketed outside of my dorm.
I found out my grandpa had cancer.

this weekend
On my way back from a party I lost my phone.

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:17 pm

Jwilson6 wrote:My freshman year of college

Day 1
I wrecked my car, it was determined to be my fault and in addition to the total destruction of my car I got a $300 ticket. Also I had to hitch a ride back to my dorm in the back of a squad car (which was actually kinda cool).

Day1-3
my meal plan wasn't activated and it was an hour walk from where I was staying to the nearest restaurant.

Day 4
A shuttle bus I was on crashed and I missed my first class filling out a police report.

week 5
because of a housing problem, I had been living in a hotel off campus all this time (which was kinda cool but it was a bit of a ways off campus and the location was a pain in the donkey). Well one morning before class someone showed up from the university of akron and told me I had 15 minutes to pack my stuff up so they could move it across campus. (supposedly I was notified earlier but I wasn't). I then spent the rest of the day with no house and no idea where any of my stuff was.

week 6
My new roommates asked me to leave. and I was having some personality differences with my new new roommates and I was moved into the shittiest dorm on campus and my neighbors are all assholes. They play their music loud all day long and every morning the hallway is littered with trash, and every weekend somebody gets drunk and pisses in the elevator. Its also the farthest dorm off campus. The first day I was there someone got shot and killed a street down. The second day someone got mugged right under my window and a week later one of my neighbors got taken out in an ambulance and never came back. (no one really knows that happened there)

week 7
While walking through campus three guys surrounded me and tried to mug me. I talked them into backing off but I had to watch my back for the next few weeks.

week 8

week 9
My insurance couldn't cover the damage to the other peoples car that I hit and now their insurance was suing me.
Someone forgot to clean up a chemical spill in chemistry lab and I got a chemical burn on my arm.

second semester
Third day.

this weekend

you left out the part where your buddy set your face on fire and you lost at beer pong.

:shock:

Jwilson6

Post by Jwilson6 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:21 pm

Major.Arse wrote:

Day 1

Day1-3

Day 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 8

week 9

second semester
Third day.

this weekend

you left out the part where your buddy set your face on fire and you lost at beer pong.

:shock:
I did your right! although losing at beer pong isn't that big of a deal. thats why I like that game, everybody's a winner, so long as you can keep your beer down.

Knives.

Post by Knives. » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 pm

Day 1

Day1-3

Day 4

week 5

week 6

week 7

week 8

week 9

second semester
Third day.

this weekend
Not bad...this almost makes me feel better... :D

And MadAce, you're a hippy tree- hugger (I actually wrote hugger not the curse word...damn Toonces)! Your post made no sense at all! I do not live in a third- world country- those people's so- called "misfortunes" do no relate to me. So what if they're too lazy to grow "food" or too poor to afford "shelter"? I live in the USA, and that being said, I expect God and/or the government to make my life easy. And if he/it doesn't, I will blame everything and everyone I could find! :roll:

Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro

Re: Please Post Your Sob Stories!!!

Post by Il Vero Vendicatore Scuro » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:31 pm

Knives. wrote:I'm currently having a bad day. I failed my immunology exam, I think I'm having a reaction to something I ate (95% of our cafeteria food is radioactive), and I haven't had sleep in 2 days. :cry:

Thank you,

Knives.
no your life is horrible no one is doing worse than you!!!!

jk XD

dont worry, eventually some one will post a suicide note and youll feel better, hopefully thats not what it will take though

InvaderJif

Post by InvaderJif » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:59 am

Knives. wrote: I live in the USA, and that being said, I expect God and/or the government to make my life easy. And if he/it doesn't, I will blame everything and everyone I could find! :roll:
Don't you mean sue everyone and anyone you can? I mean if you're gonna whine, might as well make a little doe yes?

Knives.

Post by Knives. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 am

InvaderJif wrote:
Knives. wrote: I live in the USA, and that being said, I expect God and/or the government to make my life easy. And if he/it doesn't, I will blame everything and everyone I could find! :roll:
Don't you mean sue everyone and anyone you can? I mean if you're gonna whine, might as well make a little doe yes?
No, I can make enough "dough" if God was hugging considerate enough to create some for me. Or if the government was hugging capitalist enough to send me some by mail.

Why should I waste my money and time to hire some idiot to sue another idiot?

Why can't it be easier for me? :x

InvaderJif

Post by InvaderJif » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:17 am

Hmm...did you check your email? Supposedly there is a Nigerian prince who wants to give away his fortune or something? Maybe that's more your shtick?

Knives.

Post by Knives. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:25 am

InvaderJif wrote:Hmm...did you check your email? Supposedly there is a Nigerian prince who wants to give away his fortune or something? Maybe that's more your shtick?
And what am I supposed to do? Contact his lazy donkey to get my fair share?

Why can't the lazy illegitimate child just send me the check by mail...

Or even better, just deposit it in my bank account...

Why should I make my life harder to get his money? Why can't he simply just make mine easier? :x

Monkey

Post by Monkey » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:33 am

knives what ever happend to your accomplice in sge ... did WTFDUDE quit ?

Knives.

Post by Knives. » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:41 am

Monkey wrote:knives what ever happend to your accomplice in sge ... did WTFDUDE quit ?
My "accomplice" is the dude who posted right above me a couple of minutes ago lol.

And currently, we both don't really play actively anymore.

But we might come back during spring/summer break.
:wink:

InvaderJif

Post by InvaderJif » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:59 am

Yeah that's me, WTFDUDE. I don't think either me or knives really officially quit, we just stop playing. I think there is a difference. Quitting means you are actively going to stop playing, you've made a decision. If you make a decision you can change your mind, hence people who "quit" come back within a few weeks. For us, playing the game just isn't a sustainable option anymore, we just can't afford the time commitment, plus I'd rather play old pirated computer games at this point XD. (Deus Ex, Tom clancy!)

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:41 pm

Hmmmm.. well here goes.

At the start of last year (i was 15 then, im now 17) I started my 10th year of High school. Pretty cool eh :p well...

I got a girlfriend, very pretty, then.. I met another, and she became my girlfriend too... eventualy i had 3 girlfriends, one day somehow they found out & slapped me in front of the school. Terribly embarrasing. I was put off girls for nearly.. 2 weeks XD

But! one of em lives next door, she turned out to be crazy and she egged my house :/ My mom found out & was like " Since when do u have girlfriends? " then, she got a new boyfriend & they both egged my house, one day i was very angry, so i walked out and punched the guy in the face, breaking his nose (awesome right?, well no) I broke my finger...

Then, the crazy I love you man! visited me in the hospital and wrote crazy BBQ on my cast :/ i tryed to stop her but she said she'd scream if i tryed to stop her.

Anyways, 2 yrs later, i found her again. Guess what she does? She says im sorry, wanna go get some food sometime? I said, no sorry. She slapped me again.

:(

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:34 pm

Vermin wrote:Thing is I'm a farm kid so I can pretty much bite people in half if I find their lack of will disturbing.

Okay, sob story. right.

Well, you see I had this baby seal as a pet and I called it snuggems but then it was EATEN by my neighbors so I went to their house and said "Hold! Why do you do this thing?" And they said "Neighbor you have spoken the Words, and you have spoken them rightly.
We will tell you our reasons why we enslave all other sentient life.
We evolved on a hostile world, the descendants of solitary hunters.
In those ancient days, there was no Kohr-Ah or Kzer-Za, only the Ur-Quan.
We explored our world, and then the space beyond.
Here we met the six races of the Sentient Milieu, which we joined as partners.
It was on a routine planetfall that one of our Milieu scoutships first met the Dnyarri.
They were evilly intelligent creatures who could control the minds of others.
They wanted to rule the universe. We could not resist them.
For thousands of years, we were unthinking slaves to the Dnyarri.
The Dnyarri had a special liking for us Ur-Quan
so they began to tinker with our genes. They built two Ur-Quan sub-races
one Green, the thinkers and planners
the other Black, the warriors and laborers.
When the martyred genius Kzer-Za gave us the secret to defeating the Dnyarri, we destroyed them.
Then we decided that we would never again be slaves.
We would follow the Path of Now and Forever.
We decided to enslave or imprison all other intelligent life in the galaxy.
We had slave-shielded one world, when we learned that the Black Ur-Quan
under a new leader, Kohr-Ah, had devised the Eternal Doctrine
which called for the `cleansing', the annihilation, of all non-Ur-Quan sentient life.
Before we could stop them, they burned the Yuptar race's homeworld
and were on their way to the planet of the last remaining free race.
We met the Kohr-Ah in orbit above that planet. We confronted them. They would not submit. We fought.
When our battle was done, the Kohr-Ah were defeated.
We exiled them, sent the remnant of the Kohr-Ah fleet into the unknown reaches of the galaxy.
Then we began our own migration, moving around the galaxy in the opposite direction of the Kohr-Ah.
Captain. You have heard our words. Now you have a decision to make.
Submit to us, the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za, or face our wrath.

And then my girlfriend died and so did my best friend and then there was a catastrophic explosion and I'm paralyzed from the waist down.

And then I shot myselfr;h/lkkkkkkkkkkkkkk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mk,m
LOL. You know that this is ur-quan masters, right?(fairly good game if you are bored, beat it in 15 minutes.

Chicboy

Post by Chicboy » Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:42 am

0zzy wrote: so i walked out and punched the guy in the face, breaking his nose (awesome right?, well no) I broke my finger...
How the hell can u break your finger punching somebody? Never in my life have i heard that happen before, and fighting is quite common were i live
Last edited by Chicboy on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

MuTAnT

Post by MuTAnT » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:26 am

Chicboy wrote:
0zzy wrote: so i walked out and punched the guy in the face, breaking his nose (awesome right?, well no) I broke my finger...
How the hell can u break your finger punching somebody? Never in my life have i heard that happen before, and fighting is quiet common were i live
I've broken both my thumbs a few times failing to tuck them back properly. Now I use my feet mostly, you can really catch people off guard with them.

0zzy
Location: P1, 11th, a new hope, BR, DF, P3, Pegasus Cluster, your mothers room.

Post by 0zzy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:34 pm

I have no idea how it happened, but i swong both hands at the dude... one of em must have hit in a dodgy place :/

ArdRhys4

Post by ArdRhys4 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:51 am

he hit a wall;)

Meliza-

Post by Meliza- » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:19 am

I once sneezed while vomiting and it flew out my nose.

-Meliza

awmalzo

Post by awmalzo » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 am

Meliza- wrote:I once sneezed while vomiting and it flew out my nose.

-Meliza
:roll:

Major.Arse

Post by Major.Arse » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:50 pm

-Meliza
i once sneezed while peeing and i'll leave it at that.

...it was bad

Moleman

Post by Moleman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:59 pm

Major.Arse wrote:

-Meliza
i once sneezed while peeing and i'll leave it at that.

...it was bad
Ouchie x1000 :x

McGrod

Post by McGrod » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:43 pm

wow Jwilson that was one hell of a bad one. Where are you from?
I went to college (for a couple of terms then got bored and moved on with my life) and yeh neighbours played loud music then met me and in my usual sociable way ignored them and they kept the noise down then onwards.
People mugging at college!!! you ever think of just hitting them when they on there own ? (personally in true Grod fashion if in a bad mood I take everyone on you do it a couple of times and voila your gossiped about, people hang around you soly cos your 'that' guy and your genuine friends include psycopaths and hitmen.)

Maybe you should try charging/suing the college for the chemical burn that to me sounds scary as hug. And the whole dinner setup thing I totally sympathise nobody informed me about mine so I ate pasties and sausage rolls for a week till a teacher asked what I thought about the canteen food.

Room-mates? hell you should see them as being your 'entourage' /' bitches' / 'walking punchbags'/ 'the dudes who if they mess with one once more then one will be forced against one's will to get "necessary" with them' .
Sure theres the whole be true to yourself and everybody likes a nice guy rubbish. BUT do you want people to use the same pavement that is yours by right of your birth?
Do you want muggers to not mug you or do you want them to feel there mortality when you pass by them?
Perhaps your "ok" with the college being incompetent smeg heads but in therapy in ten years time your analyst may ask 'Why did you feel it unnecessary to make a complaint and have the people responisble for these lapses of intellect get off scot free?'

(ofcourse I should point out I have a perm busted rib cage, perm skull integrity issues, perm crack in jaw, a heart that despite me being 29 averages aprox 75 beats a minute....85 to 90 at work and occasionally 120 if I'm really really really pushing myself...according to some this abnormal and usual max physical side is 100, perm alpha mentality bordering on aggressive by nature, a sever unhealthy attitude to the fact one is always right despite logic and reason of anyone else who happens not be one of the voices in my head, and everyone else now in this nice big house which is divided into flats stops talking and making noise when they see me collect the mail or go outside/come back in from outside....as you can see theres positives as well as negatives to being a tad bit more 'true' to oneself)

Sad to hear about your grandad my dad just died from lung cancer it was like his last or second to last check up before being given the all clear and it hit again really fast.

my sob story at 17....
Gave full allegance and support to what can be described as 'head' of the gang....after couple of years he started paying attention to those who didnt think fighting for the right to speak ahead of another person was a good idea...who also turned out to be satanists and so I left that little group and the satanists realised they were indeed nothings and left those chaps alone. couple years later after seeing him here and there he died of unknown reasons while living with his dad in america. To be honest I felt death cheated me from a genuine deciding fight between us. I could outmanouvre him easily in a fight but when it came to power at that time he had the advantage (not using grapples and holds cos they for girlies).

If only I could play the violin right now :cry: