yes but needs refining
50%
NO!!11111111111me likez deh fu*ored tech
No votes

Total votes: 6

K3MP

[IDEA]Research centers

Post by K3MP » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:48 pm

Since the new patch people have said that the new research patcg nerfed colonies and stuff but i thought of a solution

Research Center:
an extra building for colonys which enables you to DELETE a current research or research level so you have that space again this doesnt mean you can select your next research but if you get crappy or unwanted techs you can delete untill you get a favorable one.
[edit]you still have to fully research the new tech just so no1 is confused
also, im not sure people would want this or like it but how about for each level of upgrade allows you to have an extra 1 maybe 2 research slots for your planet
Each upgrade would maybe also decrease the needed time to wait before a research is deleted
price:
1 mil for base building < Needs imput from you
2 mil first upgrade < Needs imput from you
4 mil second <Needs imput from you
this would kind of make the research patch easier to handle since current researchs are permeanent
Forigve my spelling/grammar its late here and i need f00d

FREINDLY criticism is allowed
please dont flame or argue

Russian_Man

Post by Russian_Man » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:17 am

something like this has been posted but never implented. No use in bring it up again.

K3MP

Post by K3MP » Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:26 am

it has?

Russian_Man

Post by Russian_Man » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:27 am

yep like a month or cople of weeks ago cant remember when :roll: but i remember there was something like this idea

K3MP

Post by K3MP » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:32 am

well i think it would be a nice addition since toonces probably wont remove the research patch
and lol it says in researching a little bit of luck is needed in researching
now isnt it all luck when trying to get the right tech
Last edited by K3MP on Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Russian_Man

Post by Russian_Man » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:15 am

doubt itll get thru though. Lots of good ideas have been posted though not many of em have been turned dwon :(

duece

Post by duece » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:38 am

Several people asked for this when toonces was explaining what the research patch would be. He said no.

Elemayo

Post by Elemayo » Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:41 am

How about a research center, when it's built it gives you a list of the qualities of the planet you're on. (ex. Large reserves of Spice, Open fields for Military tradition, etc) These would be randomly generated every time the planet is domed, and only revealed upon completion of the Center. Not every planet will have all qualities, they are limited, and qualities may depend on the planet type.

At this point with the list of the qualities, you can invest money for the certain quality to be researched. So, if I had large reserves of Spice, and can invest some money to get a higher probability of the Spice research to be discovered. Therefore this will give some option to get some of what you want (at a price), while not going out of the boundaries of Toonces' plan. (I think)

I think I'm gonna PM this to him I like it so much :wink:

K3MP

Post by K3MP » Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:42 pm

ya.....
i just wanna be able to delete research so i cn get an anaerobes one :D