yes
55%
no
45%

Total votes: 22

godman

(IDEA) NO NOOB PERMA?

Post by godman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:48 pm

heres my new idea.. i reported this on Dark Future, and alot of people seemed to take to it... I propose a NO noobs perma...Vote on the polls and leave me your comments...

Mua'Dib

Post by Mua'Dib » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:12 pm

Newbs are nice to have... for barging or whatever.

godman

Post by godman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:00 pm

yea but theyre also annoying as hell... always bitching and moaning about something or another... i figured we could have a no noob perma, so we dont have to listen to it... lol..

omlow

Post by omlow » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:11 pm

godman wrote:yea but theyre also annoying as hell... always bitching and moaning about something or another... i figured we could have a no noob perma, so we dont have to listen to it... lol..
That's what the /ignore command is, i turn off my shouts and /ignore any noobs who /t me for any annoying reason :D

Nightmare

Post by Nightmare » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:08 pm

The question is: How do you determin who is a noob and who isn't?

Nightmare

godman

Post by godman » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:20 pm

well medals are a big thing... on The beginners galaxy and milky way im not allowed to join, even tho i only have 1 medal.. i figured if theyre is gonna be rebangs for noobs, why not make a vet perma/rebang.... making all the rules when the game 1st started... no pollution/nodrag/noscore adjust.. stuff like that....

Maniacus

Post by Maniacus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:26 pm

And how would you determine who had noob status and who didn't??? And what if someone like Kluge decided to leave the game and come back 6 months later, how would he be able to prove his vet status to get in.

This is a really bad elitist idea, and it will only lead to unwanted drama and alot of bickering in the future.

[EDIT] Besides.... Who would you trick and ambush if not for noobs.

godman

Post by godman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:30 am

hmm lets see... thats like 4 ideas that ive put up here that have been shot down... so im just gonna stop trying to improve the game...

ENTROPY

Post by ENTROPY » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:46 am

Godman, many people around here are ignorant and argumentative. They love to disagree with people just for the sake of being disagreeable and arguing about something like a I love you man! on her period because they have nothing better to do with their time then entertain themselves with petty squabbles or because they're aggressively compensating for some weakness, feeling of inferiority, or inadequacy in their real lives. Or just because they're immature children. Don't take it to heart man. :lol:

godman

Post by godman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:56 am

Entropy, i think ill go with the "Ignorant Children" Choice plz, and ill wager 2000
rofl

Wrapper

Post by Wrapper » Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:58 am

not a bad idea, but no pollution... that'll get shot down by toonces

godman

Post by godman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:04 am

ah... MABE pollution can come back then, but not as harsh as it is now...

Dolphin

Post by Dolphin » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:01 am

We don't need anymore new permas or rebangs. So stop requesting them!

(MSR)Peace

Post by (MSR)Peace » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:10 am

Lame.

No one should be limited off a server.

godman

Post by godman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:22 am

well then peace you obviously dont read the server list when you play... there are atleast 2 rebangs that non-noobs cant play....
so take your "no one should be restricted off a server" comment and shove it...

Cyman

Post by Cyman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:57 am

There are already few enough players as it is, and you want to restrict them further?

Relentless

Post by Relentless » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:47 am

godman wrote:well then peace you obviously dont read the server list when you play... there are atleast 2 rebangs that non-noobs cant play....
so take your "no one should be restricted off a server" comment and shove it...
How enlightened you must be... shall we kneel to thee and scream "g0dm//-\\ ||\|| omfgwtfbbqsweetandsoursaltysweet" ?

godman

Post by godman » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:23 pm

i dont know.. i just dont like it when mods think they know everything and have I love puppies comments that arent even true...

Ocelotl

Post by Ocelotl » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:47 pm

I've never played rebangs. I started on permas and honestly I have no interest in switching to playing rebang games just for medals. I could care less; it's the same reason I never got into Warcraft-type games. I like to keep what I earn. If I'd started playing pre-perma, I probably would not have persisted playing for long.

Golden Age just barely has a working population. I still only run into maybe two players a night, of any skill level. Big Men on Server are always shouting how bored they are because they've got everything they could ever want, and no one wants to lose to them just to gratify their egos. The majority of servers are ghost-towns where you're basically playing solo. :\

However: anyone who is so elitist that they literally can't stand to be around "the lower classes" AT ALL, should perhaps be partitioned off from the rest of us. I know the type. They would not be missed. :P

For every "noob" out there begging for money or generally acting like an donkey, there's a "leet" out there shouting about his endless accomplishments (who cares?), how much better he is than you (double who cares?), trying to goad you into a trap (we're not all stupid), and generally being an donkey.

In other words, it's not "noobs," it's not "leets," it's just a sizable portion of people in general.

If you find that people annoy you, take a few days off. It always helps me. :)

godman

Post by godman » Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:22 pm

scotty you need to learn to respect your elders.. lol... dont be sayin BBQ that you cant back up... if you wanna call someone a moron then show me some skill otherwise shut your fuckin mouth

Ocelotl

Post by Ocelotl » Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:58 pm

Wow, what a perfectly predictable response from someone who's obviously a card-carrying elitist. :P