83%
No
8%
Needs work (explain in topic)
8%

Total votes: 24

Furiae

Post by Furiae » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:20 am

I haven't voted yet....but I will take a shot at what it needs work with.

Need to give more definitve explanations for how it is displayed when you fire, how it looks when it hits (explosion if there is one, or if there is none at all), what the "bullet" looks like, damage, range, energy drain, rate of fire, if it will do splash damage on self, or bounce, price tag, mentioned something about it needs time to cool or something, I think I asked how long...not sure if I got answer, but anyway, that needs to be answered.

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:41 am

Furiae wrote:I haven't voted yet....but I will take a shot at what it needs work with.

Need to give more definitve explanations for how it is displayed when you fire, how it looks when it hits (explosion if there is one, or if there is none at all), what the "bullet" looks like, damage, range, energy drain, rate of fire, if it will do splash damage on self, or bounce, price tag, mentioned something about it needs time to cool or something, I think I asked how long...not sure if I got answer, but anyway, that needs to be answered.
Well, I guess I'll draw a picture to show how it looks and stuff. The impact looks like the emp shot from the seth, just a little blip that shows that it hit. I did list the damage, range, energy drain and rate of fire, but I'm not really sure how to list those in units. No splash damage, no bounce, and i did list the price. The time to cool is the delay between shots. Which is about 3/4 of a second or one full second.

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:23 am

I made a little .gif in about 15 minutes. Please dont kill me for its horribleness, it's just to give you a little idea, and is by no means what it should look like. here

If you want me to make another more realistic one, just ask.

EDIT: Made lag time between shots.

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:36 am

EDIT: Disregard, wrong thread.

Olterin

Post by Olterin » Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:12 pm

Hmm.... it does sound and look good. But I said that already.... now let me see.... what didn't I yet say... *looks for excuse for a bump :roll: * Oh, yeah, right... Here we go:

energy usage comparable to corbomite rifle of the battleship. Damage comparable to the ISC photon torp. Speed comparable to missiles at their top speed [big *NERF ME* sign here :lol: ]

And I do like the looks of that crappy link, a bit more work to make it more SGE-integrated would be nice though :)

GreenPeaSuit

Still kinda new to some of this...

Post by GreenPeaSuit » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:01 pm

... but have heard an earfull, er... seen an eyeful... um, dag nabbit, internet chat has screwed everything up... start over...

Still kinda new to some of this, but Skeezix has been going on and on about this game, and i recently have been able to see some of it. This weapon, or at least the idea behind it, a new primary comparable to the photon, would make the game more dynamic. We like dynamic around here, right?

IGS worth while... that is also something we like, as tokens have just become the playthings of the rich and famous, we need more reason to spend hard earned money on them, so that it isn't JUST those who want to support the game buying them, but those who want something special. I would love to see more IGS's flying around, without a multipart name under them. Fingers the Kid, you really need to be careful about these random name possibilities.... Dick Hurtz? I would stay away from body parts bar none.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:00 pm

It uses up too much shields after awhile; the aim of combat is to stay alive, not use up all your shields shooting someone. Besides, is it hits 0, you run, get poked and die, then there goes your investment on that weapon.

Cyman

Post by Cyman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:45 pm

What are you ranting about Genesis? Your last post made no sense whatsoever.

ENTROPY

Post by ENTROPY » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:47 pm

Read the original post in this thread Cyman...

This weapon idea drains your own shields.

Genesis' post made perfect sense.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:48 pm

Thank you ^^

Cyman

Post by Cyman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:57 pm

It uses 280 energy per shot, and drains 360 shields.
Meaning it drains 360 shields from the opponent it hits, right? As in, that is how much damage it does. Not your shields.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:58 pm

Oops, I misinterpreted...
Curses!

ENTROPY

Post by ENTROPY » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:02 pm

Cyman wrote:
It uses 280 energy per shot, and drains 360 shields.
Meaning it drains 360 shields from the opponent it hits, right? As in, that is how much damage it does. Not your shields.
He didn't say "damages" he said "drains"... sounded to me too like another one of those weapon ideas where it uses up your own shields when you fire. I've seen alot of suggestions like that.

Cyman

Post by Cyman » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:07 pm

like another one of those weapon ideas where it uses up your own shields when you fire.
Yeah, I made one of those. [IDEA] Jousting Lance primary weapon http://www.starportgame.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4386

But I'm pretty sure this isn't one of them. The only way to tell for sure what Bagheera meant is if Bagheera clarifies for us:

http://www.starportgame.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4377

That is the address to the original (locked) thread. Everybody was talking about it as if it was damage, and Bagheera did nothing to change their minds.

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:49 pm

Erm, I meant subtracts from your opponent. I guess the weapon is a bit overpowered, I should change that.

kragg

Post by kragg » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:08 pm

It could be made so that it consumes x amount of cargo with each shot hence the name mass accelerator, with the degree of damage depending on the cargo.

Bagheera

Post by Bagheera » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:19 am

Absolute SHAMELESS bump. In fact, this bump is naked, dancing in the street with a bottle of malt liquor. It is such a hard bump, the aftershock can be felt for miles.

Genesis

Post by Genesis » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:41 pm

That, my friend, is a strange bump.
Meow.